[Variety] Happy Sunday -1 Night, 2 Days (1박 2일) S3 :KBS 1N2D S3 MISS ALL MEMBER -STAFF EXCEPT JY :PAGE 447 END MARCH 2019

1 hour ago, blackberrypie said:

Other news that exploded today on Naver:

1. Ilyong is said to be leaving KBS and joining MBN, a small cable network.. guess he isnt on vacation as he said...

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=421&aid=0003772637

2. Yoo Ho Jin who joined Monster Union after leaving 1N2D, is also disclosed to be leaving KBS (Monster Union is a subsi of KBS), and joining TVN. 

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0003117649

3. Yongjin joined the same program as Jongmin and Hwang Mina, 'Taste of Love' on TV Chosun. I thought he said he have a longtime girlfriend.. so i duno what to make of this news.. i duno who is his girlfriend though.. maybe he 'date' his gf on the show.. 

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000042673

Yongjin was on the guest panel for "Taste of Love" last week so I thought that he joined the program as a member of the panel since Hanhae is enlisting soon. I will be surprised to see him join the actual dating part since program just added or teased 2 new pairs since one pair likely will appear less since they are preparing for their wedding.

I think Hojin pd mentioned before that there will never be any staff that stay at 1n2d forever, the passing on of the baton is essential for the program to continue. I guess Hojin and Ilyong pd saw the time has come to step down and this is probably a coincidence that they announce their next moves at the same time. For more context, Monster Union's internal decision was that they don't do any more variety shows and focus on dramas, so Hojin pd likely has to go to a better place for his job.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lyd89 said:

Yongjin was on the guest panel for "Taste of Love" last week so I thought that he joined the program as a member of the panel since Hanhae is enlisting soon. I will be surprised to see him join the actual dating part since program just added or teased 2 new pairs since one pair likely will appear less since they are preparing for their wedding.

I think Hojin pd mentioned before that there will never be any staff that stay at 1n2d forever, the passing on of the baton is essential for the program to continue. I guess Hojin and Ilyong pd saw the time has come to step down and this is probably a coincidence that they announce their next moves at the same time. For more context, Monster Union's internal decision was that they don't do any more variety shows and focus on dramas, so Hojin pd likely has to go to a better place for his job.

Oh is it? I dont watch 'Taste of Love' because im not a fan of dating shows. I find them a bit too cheesy for my taste and the lines between whats real and reel is kinda blurred.. so i didnt like it. 

On why the PDs moved, well its their prerogative to choose whats best for them. Its generally known that being a main PD of a long term show like 1N2D is really tough, so its understandable that there will be changes to the PDs. Im just updating on where the PDs are going.. cos im sure every 1N2D fan are also interested in the news of the ex-PDs cos they were just like the extended 1N2D family.. hope we get to see new shows from them in the future.. in their respective channels, and maybe they might even invite some 1N2D members.. like how Hojin likes to include CTH in his shows so far.. who knows what to expect in the future. Im sure the PDs made the best decision for themselves, whatever it is.

• Like 3

All the best for the 3 pds! Hopefully Ilyong pd can take a rest with something indoors. For Hojin pd, outdoor programs may forever burden his body (that camel ride on his last program), but he knows that and his next one could still be outdoors lol.

• Like 1

In addition to Ilyong pd, Kim Sung pd also mentioned that none of the 6 members are leaving. So the remaining immediate question would just be whether Yongjin will join.

In other news, DF is on Let's eat dinner together this week, for those who are interested.

• Thanks 1

“2 Days & 1 Night” PD Opens Up About Taking Over, Changes To The Show, And More

“2 Days & 1 Night” PD Opens Up About Taking Over, Changes To The Show, And More

Jan 10, 2019
by K. Lew

Winds of change are blowing through “2 Days & 1 Night.” Not only has comedian Lee Yong Jinjoined the show as an intern, but producing director (PD) Yoo Il Yong, who led the show for the past two years, has left the show. Replacing him is PD Kim Sung.

PD Kim Sung has been with “2 Days & 1 Night” for the past seven years. Though he stepped out for one year to work on “Immortal Songs,” he soon rejoined “2 Days & 1 Night.” As he took the helm of the show, he shared, “I’m going to bring alive the natural mentality of wild road variety.”

When asked if he felt excited or pressured when he had received the offer to be the head PD, he answered, “It wasn’t a great feeling of happiness. However, ‘2 Days & 1 Night’ is about continuing on when the situation goes in unexpected directions. It felt like my life was also going in an unexpected direction. I decided to not be afraid and to accept it.” He added that because he had been with the show for a long time, he hadn’t felt any big psychological changes, and that he also could depend on former “2 Days & 1 Night” PDs Yoo Ho Jin and Yoo Il Yong.

Kim Sung elaborated on some of the changes the show had made, such as the captions. He remarked, “‘2 Days & 1 Night’ has captions with its own traditional feel. However, we’re changing the designs. We’ve changed the font from Ming style to Gothic style, and reduced the many colors to just the colors of the logo. It may appear trivial, but from the perspective of a producer it’s a risk.”

He talked about what it was like working with the members, saying, “There’s fun in the wheedling and negotiation between the ‘2 Days & 1 Night’ members and production staff. Jung Joon Young is particularly scary. He’s extremely smart. He’s someone who sees straight through what the production staff prepares and changes the game. When the production staff have meetings, we also ask, ‘How will Jung Joon Young react to this?'”

2-days-1-night1.jpg

Kim Sung mentioned the new year’s first episode, where the CEO of KBS made an appearance. He explained that they hadn’t originally planned on filming it, but he had come and thought that he could give the members some strength.

The PD then commented on Lee Yong Jin joining the show as an intern. He remarked, “Lee Yong Jin hadn’t been particularly close to any of the original members, but he fit so well with them that we didn’t want to lose out on him. No matter who he is with among the six members, he doesn’t block their strengths and rather makes them come alive.”

He continued, “Currently, we’re taking the time to get to know each other so we gave him the title of intern. Since it’s a first for all of us, we don’t have a specific period of time or procedure. We told Lee Yong Jin that we should enjoy the confusion together. I think that the process is more important than the results. I believe that Lee Yong Jin, the members, the production staff, and the viewers will decide.”

When asked if Lee Yong Jin joining the show was due to one of the original members leaving, he firmly stated, “Absolutely not. The original six members all love the program and so none of the members will be leaving.”

On viewership ratings, Kim Sung remarked, “Viewership ratings are important, but the point is to make sure that [viewers] watch for the whole hour. Our ultimate goal is to become a variety show where the viewers are curious about the next week. i want to make it so that they want to watch ‘2 Days & 1 Night’ the next Sunday.”

The PD concluded by saying, “Our members know the shortcomings of our show very well. We can’t satisfy everyone, but we will work hard to prepare so that we will receive love from the most amount of people as possible.”

• Like 4

I still have not overcome all these changes, so I have put a STOP to the program, I could not enjoy a new episode with the suspicion or doubt that a member leaves.

Generally, when I hear someone say that they will not leave, no one is when it seems most suspicious. before I followed some couples in we got married, and they always said that they did not leave but the following week they confirmed their departure, LOL

If LY is really an interim member and leaves the program, then I will believe that what they say is true.

On the other hand I still do not convince 7 members, or is that the new PD wants a runningman 2.0 ??? and turn the program into an endless number of games and fight between members ???, then if it is so maybe only be seen runnigman, LOL

I think I'm more of the Ilyong PD style, which gave me a program that more than games and fun, gave me a family and what are the bonds of brotherhood.

P.s: I am grateful to have been able to express myself here, since carrying this thorn in my heart weighs a lot. waiting for the program to stabilize a little more.:wub::thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't see Yongjin at all in the next trip's fancam. We will probably know more maybe at the end of this trip or the start of next trip. I'm watching Yongjin on the guest panel for JM's dating program. He seems to be a good fit as an observer with his comments, though we don't see much of this in 1n2d when they are busy doing games. Well, we will see what the final decision will be soon.

JM called JY in his dating program to ask for a good spot to watch the sunset since they are in Jeju. JY has his usual wits (asking JM to go to the west side of the island for the sunset) but was quite shy when JM passed the phone to Mina.

• Like 1

Hi,2 days 1 night is all about "WILD" concept traditioneven i accept that any PD come and go.It was really sad but people need to move on.Plus one more thing, i belive on positivity and not negativity.I love this show and member.I know a old variety program always struggle with member graduation,etc but i believe 2 days 1night member will stay and addition is good too.Its not good when we were too negative and threaten not watch the show anymore because we heard a rumors.I love all member and LYJ.He did bring the essence of season 1.I love the the mind game between member vs LYJ(in the end the member roasted LYG gameplan lol) but at the same time,the S3 vibe still there.

Sometimes we need to move foward and lets open our heart.(we pray for the member stay for a long time)

Lets not make this issue big because i afraid a rumor always on media attention and distract our members mind(they reconsider and actually leave!) no i dont want that.TT

• Like 1

New PD Of “2 Days & 1 Night” Reveals His Goals + Requests And Concerns Of Members

New PD Of “2 Days & 1 Night” Reveals His Goals + Requests And Concerns Of Members

Jan 14, 2019
by S. Park

The new producing director (PD) behind KBS 2TV’s “2 Days & 1 Night” has shared the cast’s thoughts on the show’s changes.

In December 2018, it was revealed that PD Yoo Il Yong would be stepping down from his position after seven years and that the show would now be led by PD Kim Sung.

PD Kim Sung took the reins beginning with the January 6 episode where he sent the members to a remote area that didn’t appear on the GPS and prohibited the use of the car’s heater and tents while sleeping outdoors.

The cast made viewers laugh by fighting back using the wilderness skills they had accumulated after being on the show for years. Comedian Lee Yong Jin also shined on the show as the new intern. This episode was a success and achieved a national average of 15.4 percent in viewership ratings.

In a phone interview with Maeil Business Newspaper’s Star Today, PD Kim Sung shared his outlook on the show and revealed that he met with each member separately before the first day of filming.

Kim-Sung.jpg

“At first, I wanted to have short conversations together, but it became long,” said the PD. “The members also were thinking a lot about ‘2 Days & 1 Night.’ I was thankful about that, and we talked about how we should go forward from here on out. I asked about their requests, and each of the members had different reactions.”

He continued, “Kim Jong Min said he wished we would give him more ramen. Cha Tae Hyun said he hopes we will boldly do what we want to do. Jung Joon Young gave me many new ideas. Kim Joon Ho gave me many ideas for games. Defconn, who has the character of ‘Anxious Pig,’ was worried from the start when I asked him to meet up. When I asked him what he wants to do, he said that it is a trap and said the opposite of everything. Yoon Shi Yoon is a character who works hard, and he blamed himself for not being funny. I told him that there is no need to do that and that it may be burdensome to forcefully do things to be funny.”

2-Days-1-Night_2.jpg

The PD joined the show as the associate producer on the second season. When asked if former main PDs Yoo Ho Jin and Lee Il Yong gave him advice, he replied, “The seniors both said the same thing. They said, ‘Do what you want to do,’ so I’m looking back to see what kind of person I am.”

He added, “Yoo Ho Jin and Yoo Il Yong said that it would be difficult when I become the main PD and that I need more time to calmly look back at myself. They said that I need to think about what I think is fun and use that to create the program in order to make it more full and fun. I can’t do it exactly as how someone else did it. There is criticism that the format is old because ‘2 Days & 1 Night’ is old. I am looking back on myself to bring change to those parts of the show.”

“2 Days & 1 Night” has been on air for over 10 years and has visited numerous sites in Korea. When asked if there is pressure to find a new destination, PD Kim Sung replied, “I have met with the writers from the first season. It may sound obvious, but they said that going somewhere we have already gone and seeing how it changed is also traveling. There are many good places in our country, and I have learned about many places while working on ‘2 Days & 1 Night.’ From the sea, mountain, and fields, there are endless amounts of scenery. I will work hard to find beautiful scenery that may be hidden places and tourist sites.”

“Kim Jun Ho said he wanted to invite his comedy mentor Joo Sung Chi, but I don’t know if it will be possible,” continued the PD. “For now, I want to figure this out amongst ourselves instead of with guests. The special I want to do is a tour with viewers. It is a tradition I want to carry on.”

He concluded, “As for what to watch out for this week? I created a format so that the ‘2 Days & 1 Night’ members can run around freely in nature’s scenery. I made it so that they have to drive, put up tents, and cook by themselves. It may seem small, but I wanted to give the message of giving autonomy to the members and that they all have to create the program. There will be less of a fixed frame than usual. Please look forward to the fun that will come out of their naturalness.”

2-Days-1-Night_3.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/7/2019 at 12:48 PM, jayne21874 said:

I feel sorry for Racy Kim PD.

Either the members are getting better with their brains or the questions are too easy. But they are very considerate in playing one last game to get one member to sleep outdoor. Such a strong support for the new PD.

I believe Kim PD now knows that he can't be too easy with the boys. They may look weak and not smart, but they can be extremely lucky with Joonyoung factor :D

15.4% viewership rating this week, so I guess Yong Jin is not a bad addition. I'm still keeping an open mind about him.

Rating's are higher at the start so not sure if its due to him.

7 seems like to many people also. 

Yongjin is not in the preview next week and they are doing a 3v3 for the new trip. There's no mention on the future of Yongjin's internship for the whole episode this week. They probably will address it next week since he's missing. 

I think Hojin and Ilyong pd's advice to Sung pd was really spot on. Do what you want to do. People may have a preference when styles are different, but the main pd should definitely have his own ideas and style that he wants to show others, so that people will know that you are not blindly following what works and actually thought things through. There were people who posted hate comments for Ilyong but ratings didn't suffer drastically during his 2.5 years term and 1n2d maintained its top spot for the time slot. So, I'm definitely looking forward to how Sung pd brings the show forward and really thankful for what Hojin and Ilyong pd had brought to the program with their skills and talent for these 5-6 years.

I'm curious about what Sung pd talked about with the members. Since it looks like it was recorded, hopefully we will see more of it in future episodes.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I just think 7 is to much quieter people will be cut more aka Donguu

Hello and welcome to this thread discussion! For me, 7 is not too much since the show had many guests before like the global viewers episode, friends special episodes, etc. Actually Dong Gu got a lot of screen time with the intern. He is much funnier lately.   :mrgreen:

more gifsets on https://beyacuteful.tumblr.com/

tumblr_pl0uwfDM681ulcpgxo1_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_pl0uwfDM681ulcpgxo3_400.gif

tumblr_pl0uwfDM681ulcpgxo4_400.gif

tumblr_pl0uwfDM681ulcpgxo2_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_pl0uwfDM681ulcpgxo6_400.gif

tumblr_pl0uwfDM681ulcpgxo7_400.gif

tumblr_pl0uwfDM681ulcpgxo8_400.gif

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, beyaruth said:

Hello and welcome to this thread discussion! For me, 7 is not too much since the show had many guest before like the global viewers episode, friends special episodes, etc. Actually Dong Gu got a lot of screen time with the intern. He is much funnier lately. :mrgreen:

more gifsets on https://beyacuteful.tumblr.com/

Hide contents

Hide contents

6 people with guests sometimes i can accept but i dunno 7 people just seems a bit over kill but maybe ill it , i have not seen those scenes just the snow themed one's is this from the newest episode or one before.