[Variety] Happy Sunday -1 Night, 2 Days (1박 2일) S3 :KBS 1N2D S3 MISS ALL MEMBER -STAFF EXCEPT JY :PAGE 447 END MARCH 2019

Hmm, I thought something might be up when Yongjin appeared again. I like him okay so I'll give it a chance. I remember Yoo PD talking about trying to keep things fresh in an interview earlier this year so maybe this intern thing is a kind of experiment. This cast has awesome chemistry, so I hope he adds rather than detracts from that. I can't see any of the current members choosing to leave unless perhaps Donggu decides to concentrate on acting or something. 

• Like 1

I actually dislike the way YongJin whines.. he whines all the way to the outdoor sleeping location.. he whines while running on the horse dung field.. i honestly finds his whining uncomfortable and frustrating.. i even skipped the whole part where he whined alone at the outdoor sleeping scene. I dont know why ppl think he's funny. Is whining supposed to be funny? Its such a negative reaction, i know i cant stand it if any of my friends whines endlessly like Yongjin did.. whatever ppl said about Junho, he never whines when carrying on any punishment due to his defeats.. all 6 members always graciously accepts their punishment, esp Donggu who will do everything happily. Its a refreshing sight to see and motivating, that we should also embrace any defeats or punishments graciously no matter how we dislike it.. even though Yongjin carried out the punishments.. he doesnt stop whining.. 

Go, I thought it was just me that had noticed that they wanted to add it to the group, it does not bother me that his was invited but I saw that they did not treat him as a guest, first I thought that DG or JJY were leaving the show, but he is a comedian so I thought about a possibility that Junho would leave the program which left me cold. :fearful:

p.d: as a form of sadness and nonconformity I did not see the last episode, I do not know but I do not like it, it's very opaque and there is no balance between everyone. but that does not mean I hate him:grimace::heartbreak:

where can I read the news about young jin become intern?

personally I don't hate young jin. He is quite funny on ok ok tv episode. But, his second guesting make me wonder if junho will leaving.

also, is kim sung pd will replace yoo pd? he appear a lot of time now. and I don't see yoo pd when they receive popularity award on entertainment award.

Lee Young Jin's internship could possibly signal 3 things:

1. Testing the water for 'outgoing' member, which is likely the busier and more expensive of the 6 which is YDG (drama/movie projects piling up), CTH (seem to have become more laissez faire, with the most recent one where he went sightseeing when everyone else was chasing down LYJ) or JJY (wearing many hats as pro-gamer, CEO, musician etc.). Objectively, I think CTH has the most motivation to retire cos he doesn't really need 1N2D and he needs to do less risky stuff (like Radio Star), he has a family after all. Second would likely be YDG, cos he is an actor first and foremost and right from the point he joined 1N2D, he was pretty clear that it would be temporary.  

2. Taking a page from running man to keep status quo while expanding 'player' base to create new dynamics between members, in effort to keep ratings buoyant in the face of competition from Master in the House. From the recent SBS awards, it is pretty clear that the station is adamant to promote MitH as the poster boy for the station now that Running Man is entering its sunset years. I mean who better to fight for viewership than a former member of the best performing program on Sunday? 

3. Precursor to 1N2D season 4. The average age of the season 3 cast has reached ~39 years old and it will get increasingly difficult for the PD to do physically challenging or even embarrassing  activities without posing risks to the current members' health/dignity (the original concept of 1N2D is to earn food and sleep through silly activities). You can see with more recent episodes toning down on rigorous activities.

Personally, I am hoping that it is situation 2, I like the current members and will sorely miss my weekly happy pill. However, IMHO, it is most likely situation 3. Ultimately, 1N2D is KBS biggest cash cow and going concern is the number 1 priority of the station. The members are getting older, so its not a question of if, but a question of when; whether 1N2D S3 will go out with a whimper or a bang. 

https://www.koreanesia.com/1-night-2-days-konfirmasi-komedian-lee-yong-jin-akan-bergabung-sebagai-intern-pertama/

(?) 

in a certain way this news reassures me, I suppose it's the kind of member like hong jin youn for runinngman.

but I would have preferred someone a little more famous as an actor to raise the rating-_-:P

PS: now I will see the last episode LOL Maybe there are more interim members if this works, LOL:D

sorry for the double post, my computer is something crazy like me, kekeke

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mentarisenja said:

where can I read the news about young jin become intern?

personally I don't hate young jin. He is quite funny on ok ok tv episode. But, his second guesting make me wonder if junho will leaving.

also, is kim sung pd will replace yoo pd? he appear a lot of time now. and I don't see yoo pd when they receive popularity award on entertainment award.

There was an article on allkpop about the news. For JH, I did read something about JH saying that sometime in the future, he may step down from the show to pursue something else. But the article was from a few years ago (likely when Joohyuk was still in the show) and I can't verify the credibility. Ilyong pd has been in charge for 3 years. Stepping down at this time would be following the same pattern as Hojin pd. But if there will be a change in the members, it will likely be very messy in my opinion so it's better that he sticks around longer.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, yoondonggu said:

Lee Young Jin's internship could possibly signal 3 things:

1. Testing the water for 'outgoing' member, which is likely the busier and more expensive of the 6 which is YDG (drama/movie projects piling up), CTH (seem to have become more laissez faire, with the most recent one where he went sightseeing when everyone else was chasing down LYJ) or JJY (wearing many hats as pro-gamer, CEO, musician etc.). Objectively, I think CTH has the most motivation to retire cos he doesn't really need 1N2D and he needs to do less risky stuff (like Radio Star), he has a family after all. Second would likely be YDG, cos he is an actor first and foremost and right from the point he joined 1N2D, he was pretty clear that it would be temporary.  

2. Taking a page from running man to keep status quo while expanding 'player' base to create new dynamics between members, in effort to keep ratings buoyant in the face of competition from Master in the House. From the recent SBS awards, it is pretty clear that the station is adamant to promote MitH as the poster boy for the station now that Running Man is entering its sunset years. I mean who better to fight for viewership than a former member of the best performing program on Sunday? 

3. Precursor to 1N2D season 4. The average age of the season 3 cast has reached ~39 years old and it will get increasingly difficult for the PD to do physically challenging or even embarrassing  activities without posing risks to the current members' health/dignity (the original concept of 1N2D is to earn food and sleep through silly activities). You can see with more recent episodes toning down on rigorous activities.

Personally, I am hoping that it is situation 2, I like the current members and will sorely miss my weekly happy pill. However, IMHO, it is most likely situation 3. Ultimately, 1N2D is KBS biggest cash cow and going concern is the number 1 priority of the station. The members are getting older, so its not a question of if, but a question of when; whether 1N2D S3 will go out with a whimper or a bang. 

I think the optimistic outlook is that the context of the internship hasn't really been elaborated. Whether or not Yongjin joins is still uncertain at this point. These 3 situations seem possible, but in my opinion, the outcomes for all 3 seem bad.

For 1, even if the member doesn't mind that you got his replacement to be on the show before he even leaves, the team dynamics will feel awkward when you have both the incoming and outgoing member together. They won't really know how to react so as to take care of both people's feelings. TH spoke a few words when 1n2d won best program at the awards about the team working harder in the new year so as to win the award again, so it'll be strange if he does leave after doing that. There's also the question of whether he will step down from Radio Star if Kyuhyun is ok with going back after his military service, but that's another topic. Can't say for JY and DG since reasons seem possible, but whether they have the intention is also unknown.

For 2, in the first place, I'm not sure the addition of Yongjin will work well in attracting new viewers. He's a cast on tvn's Comedy Big League but I don't have a clue about his popularity and image among the general public. He had impact as a guest but whether that will translate to popularity in the long run as a member isn't a given. In addition, 7 is a bad number to work with for team games in addition to 5 because you can't split teams evenly and that's going to be a planning nightmare. MitH won big with the SBS daesang, so Ilyong pd has to tread carefully and not inflict further damage instead.

For 3, if KBS does do a season 4 with a entirely new cast, there will be outrage definitely. You exclude JM who's been on the show on 10 years and whose name pretty much  equals the show. Even if you keep JM, he may likely not want to stay if the current members don't stay, since they really did a good job with assists with him as the main player (the other being JH) for 5 years. You can say the members had a significant part in the push for his daesang 2 years ago. If they are going to cut season 3, I think the better choice is to instead avoid a season 4 and do something else instead.

I've read some interesting comments online on chinese forums so I'll put them here as random comments:

- 1n2d looks like a program operating on a low budget, yet they can afford a new member???

- 1n2d ratings have always spiked before and after they win best program, whether it is due to Yongjin this time is still unknown.

- Someone posted a fanpic with the members and Yongjin minus JM. Though I don't think this is an indication of JM leaving, but it definitely makes you worry.

- Divided opinions over Yongjin being entertaining and him getting ahead of himself (like what Defconn did when the show just started, overenthusiastic). In my opinion, there's definitely a difference between how Yongjin reacts and how JH and JM react to punishments, I can't really say I'm a fan if I'm going to see those reactions every week.

-Some people consistently pick DG as the weak link (which I don't agree with) since the issue of member change was brought up and that earned some fierce response from others about still being bitter after DG joined for so long.

I'm currently just waiting for more clarification on the issue and looking out if there's anything worth noting in this week's episode.

PD ILYONG made announcement he will leave 1n2d s3 after 2 years & half wth 1n2d s3 as PD ..ceremony give his vest (he always wear )  to pd kim seong ...  pd kimseong with 1n2d since S2 

DvqC-fpUYAAZoHN.jpg

DvqC-frVsAE_0KC.jpg

DvqC-frVsAE_0KC.jpg

Spoiler

DvqDWspU8AA4QHF.jpg

will missed pdilyong....  can't   continue watch live streaming  after pd ilyong announce this news ... 

DvqHQZ2UYAAZ3Ue.jpg

I was about to react to last week's episode but then saw a comment/news about Youngjin and your comments... It makes me worry..

First, reaction to last week's.. Although team 2d1n won against YJ, I felt bad that they avoided the fishing work. They haven't done fishing for a while I think. Or it's just that they really don't want to do and it's a tough work. Or I just felt sympathetic for YJ.

Second, looking back, there aren't much guests on 2d1n this year.. Or it's just that they got more guests last year? Well, they had the global fans trip as the highlight for this year.

Lastly about YJ... I'm actually clueless I don't know what to react or what... But the possibility of someone leaving makes me worry. I'm already a fan on 2d1n before DG joined but after DG joined I became more of.. Like I began watching on VIU even I'm just 3-5 days late rather than on YouTube with a week or 2-3 weeks delay. I was about to watch the previous episodes but was caught up by my reality I prioritize the recent ones. But before DG, i liked JY. I don't mind YJ, I kinda like the part where he really think deeper like tricking the 6 cos JY is the genius among them. But yes, 7 is a tough number to manage especially in splitting into teams. 

• Like 1

I streamed the whole episode but since I can't understand korean, I don't know what Yongjin will do as the intern. But things that I can confirm:

-Ilyong pd's last trip is this one, previous post by kjmcth confirms it

-one 1n2d member goes fishing with Yongjin

-Yongjin will be on the next trip

I'll definitely miss Ilyong pd. People may say that he isn't as good as Hojin pd, but in my opinion, his style was definitely different from Hojin's era, but I like his episodes as much as Hojin's. I think for the staff, it sometimes feels like a thankless job, but I really want to thank Ilyong pd for his 2.5 years at the helm of this show. I hope that Ilyong pd will continue on his flowery path wherever he goes.

On a side note, it's been mentioned before how tiring it is as a 2d1n staff member. If it is assumed that the staff photo is the pd and writers, you can pretty much see that the staff is so vastly different now, taking away the main writer and pd, and writer nayoung whom you see her face sometimes. Then there's the maknae pd who went to the deserted island with JH (now he's no longer the maknae, you can see how fast staff come and go) I think that's why TH mentions that their aim is always  the best program. Because it is the best award for the staff themselves. I saw one of the banners by 1n2d at the award ceremony and it says something along the lines of "1n2d will continue to exist with its great sense of presence in the days from now on". The baton has been passed and I hope there will only be better days for 1n2d to come.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lyd89 said:

-Ilyong pd's last trip is this one, previous post by kjmcth confirms it

Looks like season 4 is being set in motion faster than I originally anticipated. By season 4, I would presume that KJM + 1 or 2 of the current, less busy members will anchor the new team. 1D2N has been slowly gearing the content towards more youth friendly content (like Jeonju Live episodes), perhaps a younger batch of PDs is the precursor of the diversification in direction.

For everyone who think there’s member leave, read comment on ilyoung pd ig, when someone asked no one going to leave right? Yap his answer(sorry i cant insert picture right now, just look his ig).

And bc ilyoung pd leave the show, im sure no member will leave soon, they will help sung pd.

• Like 1

Geez, one thing after another.  I was wondering why Kim Seong accepted the KBS award instead of IlYoung.  I will really miss him, but at least the new PD has been with the show a long time.  Much better than bringing in someone new.

If Yongjin is included every week, I agree that having 7 members is is very restrictive.  Maybe he'll be spending more time behind the cameras just watching?

Member ages going up is worrisome.  They can't go on forever.  But, frankly, if any member was to leave, the most likely person I see leaving is JJY.  He seems to be making a lot of changes to his life recently.  He may not have the bandwidth (or professional need) to keep doing 1 N2D. 

I think it would be a disaster if either KJM or CTH left.  I could imagine KJH leaving due to age /wanting to do other things.  But we would lose that brilliant synergy between him and JM.

But the show has survived for 10 years with many staff/cast changes and continues to entertain us.  Change is the way of the world.

• Like 2

so ilyong pd really leave :tears:. but at least, 1n2d team have prepared the successor. kim sung pd already direct an episode when ilyong pd take a rest. so, i think it will not make to much chaos. surely will miss ilyong pd.

regarding possibility member change, I just hope for the best to 2 days 1 night.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mugwump said:

Member ages going up is worrisome.  They can't go on forever.  But, frankly, if any member was to leave, the most likely person I see leaving is JJY.  He seems to be making a lot of changes to his life recently.  He may not have the bandwidth (or professional need) to keep doing 1 N2D. 

Dear Lord, please NO :cry: Gutaeng Hyung is gone forever... Hojin PD left.... now Il Yong PD is saying goodbye .....:bawling:

• Sad 1

I'm going to miss Ilyong PD. He got a lot of criticism, but I really liked him and thought he did a good job. Good luck to the new PD. It's a demanding job, physically and mentally. 

I'm already tired of speculating about members leaving, etc... What will be, will be. I'm just going to support the show and hope ratings remain steady. 

• Like 2

“2 Days & 1 Night” Cast Has Fun Guessing Superlatives Awarded To Them By Staff Members

“2 Days & 1 Night” Cast Has Fun Guessing Superlatives Awarded To Them By Staff Members

Dec 30, 2018
by J. Lim

The members of “2 Days & 1 Night” had a fun guessing game of superlatives with their staff!

The episode of “2 Days & 1 Night” that aired on December 30 was a year-end special with a guest appearance by Lee Yong Jin. For their dinner mission, the producing director (PD) would tell them the name of an award that the staff voted on, and the cast would have to guess which of them the staff picked. If they got the answer wrong, they would have a dish taken away.

Spoilers

First up was the Visual Terror Award, and the cast immediately picked Defconn and Kim Joon Ho as the likely candidates. In the end, they picked Defconn for his various costumes and disguises that he’d taken on over many episodes. However, they were surprised to learn that it was actually Kim Joon Ho who won, and he had everyone laughing as he said, “I want to thank Kim Jong Min for dealing with my spit and farts. I will continue to show how gross I can be.”

Next up was the Worst Complainer Award, and the members had to pick between Kim Joon Ho, Kim Jong Min, and Defconn. The cast went with Defconn again for his fast-paced complaining, that was almost a rap verse, and they guessed correctly. Jung Joon Young was chosen as the winner of the Cost-Effective Award, though the cast had originally guessed Yoon Shi Yoon as he knows how to pick only the important things to do.

Jung-Joon-Young-Defconn.jpg

For the Precious Award, given to the cast member the staff has a soft spot for, Defconn picked Yoon Shi Yoon and said, “He’s always full of energy but things don’t go his way when he starts getting competitive,” and though some voiced their opinion that it would be Kim Joon Ho, they stuck with Yoon Shi Yoon and got the answer correct. For the Friendship Award, the cast picked Cha Tae Hyun and they were correct, with the staff noting that Cha Tae Hyun had received most of the votes. In last place was Kim Joon Ho and Kim Jong Min brought up the Visual Terror Award as he joked, “It’s because you’re gross and smelly.”

Cha-Tae-Hyun-Kim-Jong-Min.jpg

Finally, it was time for the Daesang [Grand Prize] and the cast picked Cha Tae Hyun as the most-likely nominee. However, the win went to Kim Joon Ho and the staff explained that though Cha Tae Hyun had received the most votes from the staff, most of the PDs in KBS’s variety department picked Kim Joon Ho. Kim Joon Ho thanked the PDs and accepted his award.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1