[Official Thread] ღ Sung Na Jeong ♥ Sseureki Kim Jae Joon a.k.a "NAREKI Couple" from REPLY 1994 ღ

the girl who!

Guest skeletonworks

It's really annoying when my mum, who is Team CB btw, keeps insisting that CB is the end game......... Hell noooooooo... She also kept saying that Trash was gay. I was like "Mum, I knew the gays (well I love them see my sig). And Trash just don't give me that vibe". So Episode 11 totally ruled out the idea that Trash is gay, which we Nareki fans knew already long time ago. So I was like "I told you so" to my Mum & she's like "CB will be the end game. Wanna bet??". *I rolled my eyes* Sorry Mum.. As I watched more and more episodes, my feeling that Nareki will be the end game is getting stronger and stronger.
OK. I haven't posted how I feel about the latest episode. Ahhhh there are so many things to write!!! From Nareki to Haitai to SCP-YJ!!!!!!!

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL ... chingus , don't be discouraged by the ammount of CB fans , we all know that the only thing he can see is his own love ( and I'm really starting to doubt if thats really love or obsession ) and close his eyes to everything else .... pffft I uaed to like CB but he's starting to get on my nerves because he never thinks in Na Jung and his way to pursue her is sofocating ... in addition he has the plus that he's 100% free to do whatever he wants but uri oppa T-T our poor oppa has some things to deal with 
He wasn't rejecting Na Jung only because his own insecurities about their famiies ... the biggest reason here is he was afraid that Na Jung's feelings were something like a crush ... with his true love for her and a possibke crush from her the future was predecible:  break up and both of them hurted with a brother - sister relationship that would never be as beautiful as it was in the past!!  
He cares for her that much to the extent to deny his own feelings cuz he's too scared of hurting her deeply ... but now he's sure that Na Jung loves him sincerely and he's determinated to confess . Hope writernim can t make the things too difficut for these two 
Nareki shippers , hwaiting!!!  ^^ 

@ the girl who!

I think that's why I'm turned off by chil bong in the recent eps. I feel like he had an obsession with najung and not because he has true feelings for her. I think if he truly cared for her he wouldn't have burden her with his confession and kissed her when he knew she was having a hard time with oppa. Haitai is the perfect example of what I would've like to have seen from chil bong. Being there for her and give her a shoulder to lean is a better way to show you care and love than to force a kiss. I feel like haitai would've been a better character to fight with oppa for najungs love but its a bit late for him which is a shame.

Guest cy16201

Hi,everyone, I am the new member and team trash all the way!!

This is the official voting site of reply 1994. http://giftmap.interest.me/View/1536

Sincerely hope everybody to vote for trash oppa. Many thanxxxxxx :)

Guest cy16201

Hi,everyone, I am the new member and team trash all the way!!

This is the official voting site of reply 1994. http://giftmap.interest.me/View/1536

Sincerely hope everybody to vote for trash oppa. Many thanxxxxxx :)

hiiiiiii, everyone, it can be voted just by the Facebook account or Twitter account.. many thanxxxxxx!!!!

Woaaa.. nareki thread suddenly so crowded... ^^ LOL seeing this something big must happened in main thread XDDDD LOL glad i was already dumped that thread since some weeks ago.. XDDDI have to trackback first XDDD
Nareki in another world, another story ^^
adT8WMg.png

IQjQ8Li.png

NWk9cpx.png

m6TZGju.png

7zlDoCt.png

bubbles said: @ the girl who! I think that's why I'm turned off by chil bong in the recent eps. I feel like he had an obsession with najung and not because he has true feelings for her. I think if he truly cared for her he wouldn't have burden her with his confession and kissed her when he knew she was having a hard time with oppa. Haitai is the perfect example of what I would've like to have seen from chil bong. Being there for her and give her a shoulder to lean is a better way to show you care and love than to force a kiss. I feel like haitai would've been a better character to fight with oppa for najungs love but its a bit late for him which is a shame.

Ahhh this is my 2nd fav scene from epsd 11.. My first one is the yoonjinxscp relationship announcement XDDThough it is very heart breaking.. but it is sooooooooo well acted... maybe my most fav angst scene from our OTP.. %EB%82%98%EB%A0%88%EA%B8%B0%ED%97%88%EA%
Seeing Najung like this, i can't imagine there will be time she will waver ^^
In his mind.. always Najung.. Najung.. Najung.. Najung is always the one he think the most more than himself..
%EC%93%B0%EB%A0%88%EA%B8%B0%EB%8B%B4%EB%
%EC%93%B0%EB%A0%88%EA%B8%B0%EB%B3%BC%ED%

%EC%93%B0%EB%A0%88%EA%B8%B0%EB%B6%88.gif
%EC%93%B0%EB%A0%88%EA%B8%B0%EB%A7%A5%EC%

%EC%93%B0%EB%A0%88%EA%B8%B0%EC%A7%80%EA%

%EC%93%B0%EB%A0%88%EA%B8%B0%EC%B0%A8.gif

the girl who!

said:

bubbles

said: @ the girl who! I think that's why I'm turned off by chil bong in the recent eps. I feel like he had an obsession with najung and not because he has true feelings for her. I think if he truly cared for her he wouldn't have burden her with his confession and kissed her when he knew she was having a hard time with oppa. Haitai is the perfect example of what I would've like to have seen from chil bong. Being there for her and give her a shoulder to lean is a better way to show you care and love than to force a kiss. I feel like haitai would've been a better character to fight with oppa for najungs love but its a bit late for him which is a shame.

I adore Chilbongie and I don't doubt his feelings for Najung, the fact that it affects him so much goes to show how strongly he feels for her & seeing Oppa on the side-line not being true to his own feelings like anyone else I'd be annoyed with him too, that he has the girl but yet is keeping her at arms length causing her to suffer on her own. I get all that about him and I'm cool with that BUT I don't feel an emotional connect with his plight to be honest.
I get that he has a one-sided love and his going to actively pursuit it as far as he can go and I applaud him on that, as long as he doesn't over step the boundaries then were cool.

As awesome as Chilbongie is, in my eyes his just not Trash Oppa. I'm all about the small details - the way that he cares for Najung just gets me every time. I can't wait to see Oppa step up his game and work his way in getting Najung's heart for life.

mojobobo said: Ahh it's so much nicer to be here than in the drama thread. Here, I can openly say I LOVE OPPA!!!!! <3<3<3
Everyone else is just too caught up in Chilbong awesomeness but no one listens when I say he's not all that perfect too. Heck, even Oppa is not perfect. I'm ok with Oppa's reason, although I agree that they should have revealed the reason earlier instead of building up Chilbong awesomeness and letting Oppa stay stagnant. However, we also see that Oppa is exactly Najung's ideal - caring from afar. I really hope they get together in the end. Marriage is not just romance. Chilbong may be in love now but when the feeling fades away, I'm not sure he will be as good for Najung as Oppa is. 
OPPA FIGHTING! GO GET THE GURL!

the girl who! said: ceressi said: First date? kkk ^^
Same with Najung i dont want to see oppa pinches her cheeks anymore.. when i saw that, the one in my mind is when najung feel sad whenever oppa 'pretend'/brush off her confession with pinched her cheeks.. Oppa ya so please stop pinches her cheek, instead you can kiss her as the substitute XDD

salz

said:

mojobobo

said: Ahh it's so much nicer to be here than in the drama thread. Here, I can openly say I LOVE OPPA!!!!! <3<3<3

Everyone else is just too caught up in Chilbong awesomeness but no one listens when I say he's not all that perfect too. Heck, even Oppa is not perfect. I'm ok with Oppa's reason, although I agree that they should have revealed the reason earlier instead of building up Chilbong awesomeness and letting Oppa stay stagnant. However, we also see that Oppa is exactly Najung's ideal - caring from afar. I really hope they get together in the end. Marriage is not just romance. Chilbong may be in love now but when the feeling fades away, I'm not sure he will be as good for Najung as Oppa is. 

OPPA FIGHTING! GO GET THE GURL!

Guest old soul

I was contemplating where to post my reactions to episode 11, and I decided that this thread would be the better choice.  So indulge me a little bit over here please.
Like some of you over on this thread, I do understand where Trash is coming from.  I can remember posting somewhere in the drama thread that the list of candidates for NJ's husband would have stopped at number 4 if we were to ask her parents.  It struck me that of all the boarders, I personally would have put Trash as candidate #1 since he was Hoon's friend, the son of a family friend and they've known each other for many years.  I had to do a double-take and try to figure out why he was the last on the list.  And that's when it hit me that Trash probably wasn't on the list at all since he was always treated like a son to NJ's parents and a brother to NJ.  This thought became evident in episode 11, and we can see the pain on the face of Trash that he isn't even being considered as a possibility in NJ's love life.  I felt so sorry for him right there and then.  
Trash did admit that there were many things muddling through his mind at the present time, and I think that NJ's confession just triggered all the pressure he's been trying to avoid.  I think Trash thinks that he has had an unfair advantage over all prospective suitors of NJ because he's known her all his life and they lived together for the past several months. In his mind he is still unsure if what he feels for her is the real thing or not.  He has treated and cared for her as a younger sister for the longest time, and all of sudden the lines have blurred.  He is just as unsure if maybe what NJ feels for him is the real thing or maybe their close proximity is also just blurring the divide.  And this is where it gets tricky.  Should he risk their beautiful brother-sister relationship/friendship if he is still unsure of his feelings as well as hers?  His personality is quite considerate of the people around him especially family.  He over-thinks each move he makes and the things he says in all seriousness are all with consideration of the intended recipient.  
This is the reason why Trash really needs to take a step back.  He needs to figure out what it is he really feels for NJ away from the family setting.  In the same way that it will also give NJ a chance to sort her own feelings.  With Trash out of the house, NJ will be able to analyze if what she feels for him is more than just an attachment and a reliance on his supportive nature.   
Some have branded him as inconsiderate for not responding to NJ's feelings.  I wonder if NJ is ready to hear such a complex reply from Trash at this point in her life.  For NJ, it is only a matter of yes or no.  To Trash the answer is a sum of all the many years they shared as family. (I believe this was the very same predicament that SW had in AM 1997.)  I have my doubts that NJ also has some of the reservations that Trash has because she refused to let HT divulge who her prospective boyfriend was to her parents.  To the other boarders, the equation seems very simple.  But the reality of Trash and NJ's situation is far from simple.  They have their families to consider.  If things don't work out for them, they can't just stop seeing each other.  We don't even know if this might have an effect on the relationship between both families.  
So while it is such a big risk to leave the boarding house and NJ at this point, it is the best decision for Trash.  Even if there is a chance that he will lose NJ, this is the path he needs to take if he really wants to pursue his feelings for NJ.  Hey, if he does lose NJ in the end because he left, then her feelings for him were probably not as deep.  I don't mean to belittle NJ's feelings, but I feel that real love takes time.  Waiting is also part of love.  Just because you can't see someone everyday doesn't mean that you love that person any less.  
Like I also said in one of my previous posts in the drama thread, Trash will always have NJ's happiness as his priority.  Her parents are at the top of that list.  Should NJ fall in love with someone else while he is gone, then Trash will not pursue his own feelings for her.  That's just the way he is.  
I want to add that I also appreciate the friendship of HT and NJ.  On the outside HT always comes across as the one whose hormones are on over-drive.  But when he is downright serious, he is such a good friend because he bothers to find out the thoughts and feelings of the person he is conversing with.  If it weren't for NJ's feelings for Trash, I think that NJ and HT would make a very good pair because they start it on friendship.  I appreciate the way he tells her that if they weren't such good friends that he would probably date her.  I think HT will remain in the background because he knows the feelings of both Trash and NJ.  Before his own feelings, he considers both their feelings first. What a good friend he has turned out to be!
Thanks for indulging me with such a long post.  

Guest skeletonworks

I am sooooooooo emotionally invested in this drama. I even stopped watching The Heirs & Marry Him If You Dare ><
Reply1994Episode11-a_zpse8129118.jpg
My heart just breaks when the parents didn't acknowledged him as one of the contenders. I.FEEL.YOU!!! How can they take that as "lame" excuses?? *I haven't read what's on the main thread yet* He's got so much at stakes. One wrong step could jeopardise his relationship with Najeong as well as with NJ's parents. Can't anyone see that he's struggling???
That sorrowful eyes when Yoonjin spilled out everything, I just wanna hug him! I really do believe 110% that he does want to confess too but it's not as easy as what Yoonjin said...
Reply1994Episode11-b_zpse75f9a72.jpg
Trash seriously needs to fix that bad over thinking habit of his. Like in that class scene, I bet in his head, he was thinking over and over and over whether he should just skipped the class or not. The fact that's he's getting edgy by each minute & finally decided to skip class, I think it's a step up from his norm right? I mean he didn't just wait there for the class to be over. Ahh sometimes at times like this, a smartphone/mobile phone is just what we need... I mean at least he could text her saying that he couldn't go instead of her waiting for him all night and felt like she was stood up.

Reply1994Episode11-c_zps50f05f1c.jpg

It's my first time crying over a confession. WTH. I mean it's so pure yet complex, so sincere yet agonising & heartbreaking...I mean look at how it's killing him inside, not being able to confess as freely as Chilbong even though deep down he really loves her so much.How is that not tearing his heart into pieces?How can I not love Trash for this? How can people not see this & ship them????
So when I saw that CB moved into the boarding house, I was like "C'mon Chilbong. Bring it on!"
BTW, CB gave the head-to-head sign to Trash. Metaphorically I think he meant to give a message to Trash that he's gonna give all he's got for NJ & that Trash should heed his warning. Trash appeared to get the message but the problem is the sign required him to throw a head-to-head ball but he only practised the curve ball. Then as he was about to throw the ball, the scene changed to CB's match & he wasn't doing well in the game. This led me to think that either he cannot focused because of this whole Nareki stuffs or is it because his arm hurt? But I don't think Trash would be that trashy as to hurt CB's arm,... would he? Because I keep wondering what's the significance of CB's match scene at the start & end of this episode..
Reply1994Episode11-d_zps799a6b25.jpg

SO FULL OF WINS.

We all know that Oppa loves Najeong but it clears the air so much more in this episode when he finally admit it!! Really if it's not because of the almost sibling-like relationship that they have, he'd probably be just as straightforward as CB is & NJ will be so out of reach for CB....

Ahhh that eyes of the sex maniac... LOL. I don't feel the shyness vibe from that eyes... hahaha. It just reads "I WANT YOU". LOL.
Did anyone notice that Trash has a habit of clearing up his throat when he's nervous or felt awkward? I find it sooo adorable or is it because of my bias? LOL.1) When piggyback NJ.2) During heart-to-heart talk with BG.3) HT almost spilled out the NJ likes Trash :P

Not going to sound very coherent! Finals week and high on caffeine! :P 
@skeletonworks Thank you for capturing those screen shots! I love them, especially oppa gushing over NJ in ep. 12 preview. the fact that mom and dad didn't consider him as a potential son-in-law was sad, since that kind of reinforced for oppa that he shouldn't pursue the relationship he so desperately wants. Good thing finally following his heart and not his head:x And yes, CB, bring it on! 
From the spoilers Blue posted on her website, there's a line where she writes "The mother of the baby who will be playing baby Ssuk Ssuk shared that Jung Woo played with her son very well", and that just made really excited for when trash-oppa and NJ have kids, he's going to be such a great dad! :D Also, I hope we get some great kisses from the two of them like from 1997's otp! 
GA and JW have such a great rapport off camera! Love the pictures from the MAMA awards! thank you @the_girl_who! Their interactions seemed natural and comfortable! 
@Lyna Yes please! I hope we find out that trash-oppa has always liked NJ, even from childhood, which would explain why he's so bad in relationships, none lasting longer than 3 months, since the girl wasn't NJ! Oppa notices the small details when it comes to NJ but when his girlfriend dyed her hair he was oblivious! :) hahaha

Guest skeletonworks

old soul said:
So while it is such a big risk to leave the boarding house and NJ at this point, it is the best decision for Trash.  Even if there is a chance that he will lose NJ, this is the path he needs to take if he really wants to pursue his feelings for NJ.  Hey, if he does lose NJ in the end because he left, then her feelings for him were probably not as deep.  I don't mean to belittle NJ's feelings, but I feel that real love takes time.  Waiting is also part of love.  Just because you can't see someone everyday doesn't mean that you love that person any less.  
Like I also said in one of my previous posts in the drama thread, Trash will always have NJ's happiness as his priority.  Her parents are at the top of that list.  Should NJ fall in love with someone else while he is gone, then Trash will not pursue his own feelings for her.  That's just the way he is.  

Archived