[Official Thread] ღ Sung Na Jeong ♥ Sseureki Kim Jae Joon a.k.a "NAREKI Couple" from REPLY 1994 ღ

the girl who!

salz said:

sigh better don't backtrack lol xD

i kinda give up with the main thread and only go there to talk about other character and avoid shipping topic:P

now i mostly stay in here feel more peace lol

hahahaha.. okay I'll follow your advise...

anyway I know that almost all scenes in Episode 11 has been discussed and raved on over the past few days But as for me, its only now that I got to see it.. feel so outdated but urgghhh i wanna just scream that Nareki is just jjang!!!!
And Chingu, I so feel that haitai really really likes wuri Najung.... Feel so bad for him..
and For Oppa most of all, especially when Oppa was passed and not even considered as the son in law during breakfast... urrgghhh so sad...
looking at his face and eyes.. I wanted to hug him..huhuhuhu my oppa ya.....

and I so love his declaration and confession with haitai..  I think thats the confession I love more rather than the one he did with Chilbong... that if they didnt have a brother-sister relationship he would have accepted her confession or he would have confessed first.... it was a little mirrored when haitai told najung that if they were not such good friends he would have liked her.. its a non-confession confession!!! urghhh just been punched in the gut...

well you are more than welcome to backtrack this thread though since there a lot of very nice post from fellow chingu xD

htw there is haitai-nj shipping thread as well but not too active right now lol xD

this ep is gold mine for haitai fangirl because he prove once again why i make him as my 2nd choice over cb because he truly care about nj feeling more than his own.

it obvious that he really did have feeling for her but because they already very close chingu and he know both nj&oppa feeling so he step back and just be her chingu for her to lean on

it break my heart ><

he is like the real lee jung jae that never get the girl:P

but since the pd still hiding his real name i wonder if they still gonna make us believe he still one of candidate

if he is i think he could become bigger yhreat than cb lol especially with jow much nj trust and comfortable around him xD

yeah the look on oppa face when both parent does not even include him as husband candidate just break my heart:(

this is pretty much one of main reason why he can't easily accept nj.

we can see how much they love each other like real family and they treat him like their own son so knowing oppa he gonna think it one type of betrayal for the family to be with nj.

but of course they both can convince them when they both 100% sure to be in relationship...

trash is equally hurt as nj

the more nj is hurt the more it killing him inside..

sadly other shipoer don't care aboit what he feel since they too busy to find his fault only so their ship could win:P

they can say anything they think his excuse is lame,they prefer he admit he is gay than sayung the family as excuse so i make me go wth

they obviously only focus on smaller thing than see the bigger picture like oppa did.

well it useless to explain to them since they gonna use anything to make oppa not good enough for her anyway..

yeah respect is what i need to see despite which ship we board but most comment there just make rolling my eyes so hard that i just don't care anymore..

i mean we also have thing we can dislike with how cb pursue nj but well people just gonna misunderstand we hate cb just because we don't agree with him as the husband so better i don't even mention his name in that thread xD

they too stubborn with their own believe

for me i think both of them is very nice but at same time they have their own weaknesses and good point but atvthe end it nj who choose

also it really writer decision at the end no matter how much we disagree lol

for all we know they gonna just troll us all and make haitai as the husband lmao

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bubbles said:
mm_7888 said:
i just hope people that said trash hurts na jeong's feeling to shut up - because i hate it so much that chilbong kiss her when he clearly know she is not even like him- that is so gross and disgusting in reality- i would slap the richard simmons out of the guy that confess to me and kiss me. so rude.
but i never post comment about it.. !! because i don't want to upset chilbong shippers..

so yea, respect is only thing some chilbong shippers need-- otherwise i wont be going to main thread no more...

Argh seriously why do the bong shippers keep saying oppa is lame. I get that Oppa is frustrating for taking so long to make up his mind on his next course of action but this is in on way lame!
And I think Najung doesnt believe Oppa has feelings for her is because she wants to hear it from him herself and she also doesn't want to have false hopes. 
So much better here. Cheers my dear Oppa shippers!

bubbles

said:

mm_7888

said:

i just hope people that said trash hurts na jeong's feeling to shut up - because i hate it so much that chilbong kiss her when he clearly know she is not even like him- that is so gross and disgusting in reality- i would slap the shit out of the guy that confess to me and kiss me. so rude.

but i never post comment about it.. !! because i don't want to upset chilbong shippers..

so yea, respect is only thing some chilbong shippers need-- otherwise i wont be going to main thread no more...

I respect other ships cause I personally adore those ships too but there will always be a minority group who just kill the fun by their off-hand comments. I just skim through the main forum now and will only comment in there if I want to talk about the other character's individually, it's suppose to be a fun place where we can all openly discuss our P.O.V but it's just becoming too much for my own liking so I think I'll be sticking in here for the rest of my drama viewing.

I feel for Najung, I've come across comments where people have said she needs to get over her crush on Trash and how can she pass up a "perfect" man like Chilbongie. I don't know about those people but it takes time to get over "crushes" it doesn't happen the instant that a new person arrives on the scene. I think that is such an unfair judgment on her because we've seen it, she genuinely has fallen for Trash Oppa if it was a mere passing feeling then she so would've moved on by now but it isn't. As perfect as a person can be if there are no feelings there then it's never going to work, I would hate it if Najung decides to date Chilbongie and she isn't actually invested in the relationship, that is just short changing the both of them and is completely unfair.

I know I'm a bit slow but I just clicked after watching the teaser for ep 12 like 100x that Najungie knows Trash Oppa's first love lol. Were hopefully going to go back down memory lane and see why Trash and his first love didn't last, like you guys I'm kind of hoping that there is a Najungie connection as to why they didn't last whether it be consciously or unconsciously on Trash Oppa's part. 

kaykafisyah said:

LOL Ara and oppa are on the news as the " the new trendy couple " xD seems like both wore Burberry clothes during their departure to HK for MAMAs and fans are praising their simple yet fashionista choices hahah ( and we're not even counting Jung Woo's famous polka dot shirt from  his arrival XD Side Note : During his arrival frm HK , Jung Woo was one of the most searched terms in the big 3 search engines for his lovely outfit , his polka dot shirt became a success and was trending for hours in the internet hahaha )

Guest SakuToku

What if Oppa is the husband in the end? Of course we'll gonna celebrate here. party.gifWTSEQBx.gif On the other hand, the main thread will explode like a nuclear bomb lol. E1_Egm_BU.gif
--------------
Sorry for the off-topic but....

Reply 1994 fanbase reminds me of my all-time favorite manga/anime series, Naruto, especially shipping fandoms in my POV.

1. NaruSaku (Naruto and Sakura) is the main pairing of the series and is similar to Nareki. (I ship NaruSaku so hard like the way I ship Nareki.)2. NaruHina (Naruto and Hinata) is the most popular pairing of the series and is similar to Team Chilbongi.3. SasuSaku (Sasuke and Sakura) is sometimes NaruHina's shipping companion and is also similar to Team Chilbongi.
NaruSaku vs NaruHina-SasuSaku = Nareki vs Team Chilbongi

@czakhareina

lolol no no

i don't mean backtrack the drama thread u just gonna found frustrating post but i mean u can backtrack this trash-nj shipper thread if u haven't already

lot of insightful post in previous pages xD

haha i actually one of people disagree about the cb kiss.

i can still accept the drunk kiss since it part of their game and bet

but the kiss after confession feel too selfish since he already admit he know that she like someone else but he still stole her kiss

if i were nj i would slap him right away since i would not like to get kiss from someone i don't even like :P

but yeah compare to other drama kiss which is so much worse so cb one is still not as bad but still he loss point from me there.

but of course i do like his confession only the kiss bother me

of course for kdrama lover that love scene like that would say it romantic but just no for me from drama pov well it satisfied the shippers...

i wish when it oppa and nj to get their real kiss they would do it right with both party is in right mind and willing so it would be very powerful one

yeah please join haitai-nj thread so we can discuss more of the amazing boy there

right now only 2-3 ppl inlcluding me lol so feel lonely since that boy deserve more love

despite we kight don't ship as couple we can still ship them as super bestfriend or ship real life ara and hojun lol:P

i have feeling haitai gonna play important part in oppa-nj relationship in future xD

he and cb the only ppl right now who know oppa real.feeling but unlike cb he choose to sacrifice his own feeling and support nj instead and be such good friend.

i really love him more now aside from sex mania image which i think the writer did purposely so no one gonna consider him seriously for nj husband candidate:P

which is sad because haitai have bigger potential as better love interest than cb tbh:P

like u i also prefer oppa confession moment with haitai than with cb.

when he talk with ht he is more calm and show his feeling even genuinely and sharing worry but with cb it typical i won't lose the girl to u confrontation to add to the tension lol

sakutonaru said: What if Oppa is the husband in the end? Of course we'll gonna celebrate here. party.gifWTSEQBx.gif On the other hand, the main thread will explode like a nuclear bomb lol. E1_Egm_BU.gif
--------------
Sorry for the off-topic but....Reply 1994 fanbase reminds me of my all-time favorite manga/anime series, Naruto, especially shipping fandoms in my POV.

1. NaruSaku (Naruto and Sakura) is the main pairing of the series and is similar to Nareki. (I ship NaruSaku so hard like the way I ship Nareki.)2. NaruHina (Naruto and Hinata) is the most popular pairing of the series and is like Team Chilbongi.3. SasuSaku (Sasuke and Sakura) is sometimes NaruHina's shipping companion and is also like Team Chilbongi.

-----------
BTW how do I put up a spoiler tag?

What if Oppa is the husband in the end? Of course we'll gonna celebrate here. 

party.gifWTSEQBx.gif

On the other hand, the main thread will explode like a nuclear bomb lol. 

E1_Egm_BU.gif

--------------

Sorry for the off-topic but....
Reply 1994 fanbase reminds me of my all-time favorite manga/anime series, Naruto, especially shipping fandoms in my POV.

1. NaruSaku (Naruto and Sakura) is the main pairing of the series and is similar to Nareki. (I ship NaruSaku so hard like the way I ship Nareki.)
2. NaruHina (Naruto and Hinata) is the most popular pairing of the series and is similar to Team Chilbongi.
3. SasuSaku (Sasuke and Sakura) is sometimes NaruHina's shipping companion and is also similar to Team Chilbongi.

-----------

BTW how do I put up a spoiler tag?

lol i have stop watching naruto for long time sp i don't follow the fandom anymore xD

well maybe i used to ship narusasu instead not the normal ship lol xD

the anime is too damn long i don't think i will ever continue lol xD

the only long anime i still follow is only one piece and detective conan though i still miss lot of ep xD

of oppa the husband we definitely will celebrate here and just ignore drama thread since too much drama lol xD

Guest old soul

I think there are quite a number of people who presume that if Na-jeong and Trash don't get together that it'll be automatic that she will choose to be with Chilbongie.  Frankly speaking love isn't like that.  We don't know how deep Na-jeng's feelings are for Trash.  Is it just a crush or is it real love?  And this is one of the reasons why Trash wants to leave the boarding house.  It will give NJ a chance to analyze her own feelings.  When they live together the lines get blurred if what he does for her is because he likes her or if he is just looking out for her like a big brother.  
We can't really explain why we choose to love one person over another.  We love that person because that other person gets us and vice-versa.  With Trash and NJ they have a whole history together. So their feelings for each other were a product of a gradual change.  For NJ things started to change at the hospital.  We have yet to see the turning point for Trash.  I agree with what someone said that he might have already liked her before she did.  
This is the part where I don't understand how some can feel how deep Chilbongie's "love" for NJ is.  I always saw it as a deep crush very similar to NJ's with Sang Min.  He was amused with her because she was different from the other girls, but did he really know NJ? He travels several hours to be with her, but NJ does all that following and waiting for SM too (as well breaking her back in the process).  He confesses to her, and gives her a kiss---on the lips.  Why couldn't he have just kissed her on the forehead or on the cheeks or none at all?   It seems like this is his first serious attempt at love, and he approaches it very much like a game.  He thinks that if he tries hard enough that he would be able to win regardless of how NJ feels.  He knows she likes Trash, but still pursues her.  I don't think he respects NJ's feelings at all because he is insisting on his feelings knowing full well where her heart lies.  If you really love someone, you would support them no matter what.  
I guess there aren't enough interactions between NJ and CB for me to be convinced that there really is something worth developing there.  I see more potential with NJ and HT simply because they are able to open up to each other with their honest feelings.  I also like the fact that HT is supportive of both Trash and NJ's feelings even if he has his own feelings to consider.  NJ can't pick CB just because he seems the perfect choice with all his sweetness.  Love isn't picked that way.  We don't choose someone because that person loves us.  We choose someone because we love that person, and hopefully that person loves us back.   

@old soulagree with everything you said^^yeah it still also in question how deep Najung feeling really is so i think both Najung and Trash deserve to have some time to think clearly how they both really feel about each other.having some distance is good first step...
yeah good comparison with CB-NJ and how NJ fangirling SM willing to sacrifice even her own health, it almost obsession but also not how real relationship should start just because he did many thing for her:Pif it like that Sangmin might also need to accept Nj lol xDtbh until now i can't took CB feeling for NJ seriously, i mean it just too fast and he suddenly felt too deep for her in very short time..right now it just feel he only think of his own feeling only but not NJ, even if he knew about both NJ and Trash real feeling now he choose to be selfish only want her for himself without giving chance for NJ to be with the person she truly like..so it hard for me to accept if she choose him...
i mean at least for NJ she have know Trash for very long time and being the recipient of his care it easy to fall in love but we also need to get confirmation if it real love or just a crush moment for her as well..until both Trash and NJ completely 100% sure of their real feeling they should only be together at the time and after that dealing with the family situation together without any doubt left:P
yeah i see HT&NJ having more potential just because they already have strong friendship as their beginning, trust, comfort level, hiding nothing from each other, well Haitai do hide his real feeling but NJ can't take him seriously even if he confess and treat it like a joke just like Trash did to her...well at least Haitai being a bigger person here putting his feeling aside and care more about both Trash and Nj because they are his friend and took a backseat so he won't make thing even worse and confusing.and he being honest about Trash confession though NJ think he just joking but at least he tell the truth..maybe CB would do that later once he throw away his selfishness, but now even if he get together with NJ but hiding the truth that he know from NJ i don't see them being in healthy relationship that can't even be honest with each other:P
somehow now CB feeling to Nj and NJ feeling to Trash kinda mirror each other a little in the meaning that they both only blind by that one person they like without caring about the result of their feeling and Trash to NJ and Nj to Haitai also a little bit the same where Trash can't accept Nj feeling yet and NJ can't take Haitai feeling seriously as well:P
yeah we don't choose a person because he is the sweetest guy and give a lot, love is not that easy..well let see how the writer intend to to solve all this triangle and still have all of them being good friend hang out together in the future since obviously no matter who she choose does not seem anyone is butthurt enough to broke any friendship and they even attend the wedding XD

If you have the polka dot outfit pic can you share it here please??? ^___^ I seriously a bit outdated on this since i didn't know about this. I tried to look for it on Nate but found nothing on the polka dot shirt.

Edit: Found it! Hahaha silly me. I wanna share it here but Im using phone

----

Sorry x the late reply ^^ ..... is'n the haaandsome???

Thank you! These are better pics than what have I found tho! ^^ He really have that aura/charisma.. he might not be as good looking as other korean heartthrob but there's really something about him that's very attractive ;)

And him as Trash oppa..if Im Najung ill fall for him as well!

kekek even Korea Times knows it .....

Going retro

05-01%28108%29.jpg

'Reply 1994'  traces back Korea popular culture
By Chung Ah-young
If you grew up listening to Seo Taiji & Boys, watching the university basketball league and using a beeper, you must be crazy about the drama series “Reply 1994.”
Airing on tvN, a cable network run by CJ E&M, the retro drama is hitting the highest viewer rating among cable channels, even outperforming other television series aired on terrestrial broadcasters. 
Starring Go Ara and Jung Woo, the inaugural episode of the series was launched on Oct. 18 with much anticipation as a prequel to the successful “Reply 1997,” which was broadcast last year. The first episode recorded a 2.6-percent average rating and a month later, its rating has quadrupled to 9.3 percent for the latest episode.
Set in 1994, six university students from various provincial areas live together at a boarding house run by a couple with a daughter named Na-jung (Go Ara), the female lead, in Sinchon, Seoul. The timeline moves back and forth between the past in 1994 and the present in 2013, making the viewers guess who will become Na-jung’s husband among the male characters. 
Behind an intriguing storyline are nostalgia-provoking details such as video tapes, beepers and the early extreme fan culture of pop stars and basketball players whose popularity was akin to the current K-pop “idol” stars. 
The coming-of-age drama represents the Generation X’s past tastes through their “happy” younger era packed with fond memories. The generation that attended university in the mid-1990s was stuck somewhere between the democratic student movement of the 1980s and individualism or consumerism of the 1990s. And they experienced the economic boom until the Asian financial crisis drove the nation into the decades-long recession in 1997. 
The drama is getting popular enough to spur users of Facebook groups, blog posts and YouTube clips to immediately share their recollections of the ’90s. When the show was first aired, 30-40 something was old enough to be nostalgic. But now a wide range of age groups are becoming addicted to the drama. 
Back to ’90s music 
After the drama’s airing on Fridays and Saturdays, everything from music to the lines between the characters is becoming the talk of the town. Particularly, ’90s music is capturing the hearts of the audience. Indeed, ’90s music in Korea was diverse in genres from dance, rock, R&B and hip-hop to ballads, a prelude to the K-pop boom, critics said.
For example, songs from Seo Taiji & Boys, Deux, Solid and 015B led the Korean music scene in their respective genres at the time. These ’90s musicians are not that active now ― some of them work as producers nurturing young musicians and others release albums once in a while.
Critics said that back then, although the size of the music market was not that big, diverse genres flourished, satisfying different tastes of music fans. The musical nostalgia becomes explosive when combined with the retro images of the drama.
They also point out that a return to the ’90s music is partially due to fatigue triggered by massive digital access to music with a couple of mouse clicks or taps on the screen of mobile phones. Also, those who are in their 30s-40s can hardly find their taste of music in this K-pop dominated market. Critics said that the dearth of diversity in the current music scene attracts these viewers to the retro culture. 
“I am really a big fan of the drama because it makes me feel as if I am living in that year. The ’90s songs from the drama provoke the romantic sentiment back then. I am sick of K-pop songs which are usually targeting a teenage audience,” a 37-year-old office worker, identified as Kim, said. 
The drama also offers a clue to understand the K-pop evolvement through the diverse musicians who were active in the ’90s which was seen as the golden age of Korean popular music history.
Overseas response 
“Reply 1997” formed a huge fan base not only in Korea but also in other countries although the drama was looking back to the Korean retro culture that is not familiar to foreign viewers. It also contains diverse dialects from provincial areas. 
After the former season ended, CJ E&M held a “Reply 1997 Cover Contest” through YouTube and Facebook channels. Contestants from all over the world including the U.S., Australia, Hong Kong, China and Brazil competed through recordings of their own version of the duet song by the main characters played by Seo In-gook and Jung Eun-ji. 
Eighty-five percent of participants were foreigners which shows how popular the drama was overseas. CJ E&M said that like Psy’s “Gangnam Style,” the spreading of K-pop has had a huge boost through online platforms like YouTube. 
Like the success of the previous season, “Reply 1994” is gaining a growing response from Asian hallyu fans particularly in Vietnam. The Vietnamese fans are already responding to the ’94 version as they think that it is a common pleasure to jog memories of the good old days. They operate a fan site on Facebook to share opinions about each episode. 
“I like the drama because it’s about the past love and ends beautifully. Also, it is not difficult to understand the fan culture portrayed in the drama as the current K-pop idol groups are generating numerous fan bases all over the world,” Giang River said on the CJ E&M blog.

thkim@koreatimes.co.kr

Guest old soul

salz

said: @

old soul

agree with everything you said^^yeah it still also in question how deep Najung feeling really is so i think both Najung and Trash deserve to have some time to think clearly how they both really feel about each other.having some distance is good first step...

yeah good comparison with CB-NJ and how NJ fangirling SM willing to sacrifice even her own health, it almost obsession but also not how real relationship should start just because he did many thing for her:Pif it like that Sangmin might also need to accept Nj lol xDtbh until now i can't took CB feeling for NJ seriously, i mean it just too fast and he suddenly felt too deep for her in very short time..right now it just feel he only think of his own feeling only but not NJ, even if he knew about both NJ and Trash real feeling now he choose to be selfish only want her for himself without giving chance for NJ to be with the person she truly like..so it hard for me to accept if she choose him...

i mean at least for NJ she have know Trash for very long time and being the recipient of his care it easy to fall in love but we also need to get confirmation if it real love or just a crush moment for her as well..until both Trash and NJ completely 100% sure of their real feeling they should only be together at the time and after that dealing with the family situation together without any doubt left:P

yeah i see HT

somehow now CB feeling to Nj and NJ feeling to Trash kinda mirror each other a little in the meaning that they both only blind by that one person they like without caring about the result of their feeling and Trash to NJ and Nj to Haitai also a little bit the same where Trash can't accept Nj feeling yet and NJ can't take Haitai feeling seriously as well:P

yeah we don't choose a person because he is the sweetest guy and give a lot, love is not that easy..well let see how the writer intend to to solve all this triangle and still have all of them being good friend hang out together in the future since obviously no matter who she choose does not seem anyone is butthurt enough to broke any friendship and they even attend the wedding XD

The main thread is getting all chilbong/related.

I can't lie, I'm all "trashoppa"related and I looove the beautiful development of Najung/oppa relationship...

Not everyone is really enjoying that. The growth of two people (mainly, but we really see the growth of all of them) in life and love.

Waiting for Friday chingus!!!

Team ♥ppa Forever!!!! (If we sink, Then half Korea will keep us company chingus! )

Archived