[Variety] The Return of Superman 슈퍼맨이 돌아왔다 7th anniversary NOV 2020

Tablo's mom is an actress and its understandable that she appeared often on the show but what about normal mom like jion and twins' mom they appeared a lot randomly like in interview segment or inviting their friend for the show's theme. 5-family's mom you dont even see her interview for their first time on the show or after the 48 hour and she was a former miss korea. My point here is not because of the triplet's mom profession that is the main point she doesnt want to appear- it could be due to personal preference or she just doesnt like any attention from the public.

I have one complain for the crew with editing the new family- they tried to make dong gook parts so similar to the triplets like how the dad needs to eat a lots, how he is the best dad, how he is a saint, or how the twin is meet lover-it seems like the pd is pushing the triplets fan onto the new family and I think its uncomfortable- they just need to be themselves. I guess that the triplets will leave soon but when I watch their parts it just show some similarity unlike other families where they have their differences. Even the less screentime from the mom is similiar.

I think Haru's mom appeared way too much. It's not an excuse that she's an actress. The concept of the show is to leave the child to the father for 48 hours. there were so many consecutive episodes where she was there in teh entire show. the PDs admitted this and actually said they will control it and apologized for not following the concept. i think she didn't have a lot of projects the. anyway, they are out of the show now. 

Although it was said that the triplets mom is a judge she can't appear on TV, I personally think the main reason is that 1)  she is a humble person, doesn't want to show off and 2) the Song family is considerate and follow the guideline of the program.

As for Haru's mom, I only watch other families randomly about 10% of the time, but everytime I watch I always see her most of the time.  the entire Haru family spending time together, go traveling together.  Maybe it was just coincidence that everytime I peek in their show, she happended to be there??? I agree that being an actress is not an excuse for being on the RoS show.  It skew the purpose of the show.  If the whole family spend time together the show might as well change the name to Happy family or something.

I don't think the PD push for triplets fan to love the new family but I think the other family saw that the triplets are so well loved, the Song family does everything right, cute, adorable and admirable, so the parents try to mimic the Song family so that they will also be loved.  They don't realize that their kids are loved because they're loved for who they are, what they do. I think it's the parents who planned their activities on what to do while filming for the show, not the PD.  

• Like 2

I don't think the PD push for triplets fan to love the new family but I think the other family saw that the triplets are so well loved, the Song family does everything right, cute, adorable and admirable, so the parents try to mimic the Song family so that they will also be loved.  They don't realize that their kids are loved because they're loved for who they are, what they do. I think it's the parents who planned their activities on what to do while filming for the show, not the PD.  

Actually, I don't think it has anything to do with the Lee Dong-guk family and everything to do with the editing team and PD. The only thing Lee Dong-guk is responsible for is taking care of his kids and making sure to make the experience fun for everyone. That, and he needs to survive for 48 hours, which is the entire premise of the show. 

On the other hand, if viewers have noticed that they are too similar to the Song Family, this is the fault of the editing team and the PD for pushing it to look that way. We have to be reminded that we only get an edited partial footage of everything that was filmed, so it is the editing team's job and the PD that chooses what footage to include and what captions to use. So it's not because Lee Dong-Guk is mimicking Song Il Gook. Rather, because the Song Family have been so popular, the PD thought he could get away with pushing the direction of the new family in the same direction.  

• Like 1

As for Haru's mom, I only watch other families randomly about 10% of the time, but everytime I watch I always see her most of the time.  the entire Haru family spending time together, go traveling together.  Maybe it was just coincidence that everytime I peek in their show, she happended to be there??? I agree that being an actress is not an excuse for being on the RoS show.  It skew the purpose of the show.  If the whole family spend time together the show might as well change the name to Happy family or something.

She's there about 85% of the time. in the beginning, there was an effort for it to be only Haru and Tablo but after the 10th episode she's there most of the time. that's why there were so much complains about it. Even the PD admitted she appeared way too much. it was such a waste considering Haru's and Tablo's dynamics are so cute. Haru is wise beyond her years and Tablo can be such a kid sometimes.  

• Like 1

Every 'variety show' has its script. Although it said 'reality show', there are always be a script writer who responsible to create a topic, story and what the casts have to do. It' s not like that easy to visit YG head office and recording in the studio, for example. So what i'm saying is even if the kids are act naturally but the dad has to help them so they followed the script as the writer prepared.

Speaking of script, Don't blame some people who find out that there are some similar scenes from each one of the family. As far as i remember, every family has their own team which is contain of director, VJs and script writer. Maybe when they got stuck of ideas, they intend to use the same location where other family has recorded. And for me that's means they have to consider to change the creative team.

And yes, sometimes i can't help to assume that the PD is copying Song Family's activities to the new family with 5 kids (sorry, i can't remember the name). Why? So people will get the same feeling of how they love triplets and switch it to that 5 kids family. 

No offense, but you can't expect 100% reality on TV. It's just for entertainment.

• Like 5

Guest kwave06

honestly  i think  chu sung  hoon looks  a  little  too  menacing  for  comfort.  i  am  glad  i am not  alone  in  saying that  he  treats  his  wife  badly  and  that  he  cuts  her  down  in  front  of  sarang  oftentimes.  considering  his  looks,  i  think  he  is  so  lucky  in  landing a most  beautiful  wife  in shiho. shiho  who is  so  game looks  almost always  at receiving  end  of  csh  putdowns.  somebody  should  tell  the  production  team  that  just  treatment  of  women  should  always  be  upheld  and  not  used  as  form  of  comedy.   about  the  other  dads,  i  think  uhn  tae  woong  works  the  hardest  not  only  does  he  take  care  ,  discipline, feed,  ran  after, carry  ji  ohn  but  he  also  acts  as  interpreter,  translator, spokesman  of  her  daughter's thoughts  as  she  speaks only  4  words  most  of  the  time  oma, ani, yes, apa. she is  late  but  she  understands  instructions. she  pats  the bottom  of  the  kids  she  meet  much  like  she  pets  and  kiss their  dogs.  she is  spending  so much  time  with  their  dogs,  she  even  calls  one  of  them  oma. i do  hope that  her talking  improves  because  now  there  is  so  much  comparison  with  the  2  se ts  of  twins.

Guest ManseCutie

Every 'variety show' has its script. Although it said 'reality show', there are always be a script writer who responsible to create a topic, story and what the casts have to do. It' s not like that easy to visit YG head office and recording in the studio, for example. So what i'm saying is even if the kids are act naturally but the dad has to help them so they followed the script as the writer prepared.

Speaking of script, Don't blame some people who find out that there are some similar scenes from each one of the family. As far as i remember, every family has their own team which is contain of director, VJs and script writer. Maybe when they got stuck of ideas, they intend to use the same location where other family has recorded. And for me that's means they have to consider to change the creative team.

And yes, sometimes i can't help to assume that the PD is copying Song Family's activities to the new family with 5 kids (sorry, i can't remember the name). Why? So people will get the same feeling of how they love triplets and switch it to that 5 kids family. 

No offense, but you can't expect 100% reality on TV. It's just for entertainment.

Completely agree. Any kind of reality show has some kind of unrealness or fakeness to it. When cameras are on you, no matter how much you get used to them, you are still aware of them (the adults and older kids). Also, a lot of the situations the families are in are because of the show. But I think the real characteristics and traits of them as people show through even under these circumstances.

Am not sure if the photos are shown. Hopefully someone can post the ARENA pictures of UTW and JiOn.

Quote: "Maybe because Manse is so pure and think so positively to anyone".  (vieryo) - YES! You expressed it perfectly. 

Please don't take it that I think Manse is better than Daehan or Minguk - they are all super wonderful kids with their own great traits. I just take to Manse a little bit more and he strikes at my heartstrings for the reason Vieryo stated so nicely.  I know there are Minguk fans (a LOT of them) and Daehan fans  that feel just as strongly about them.:).

I agree with what was said about Manse. And for me, it's ok to think than Manse is better than Daehan and Minguk in this aspect among others. In reality, there will always be aspects where some children will be "better" than other children. It's not about comparison between the kids, it's a fact. Those kids not as good as the other kids are better in other areas, too. Daehan and Minguk are sweet children, however Manse for me is the sweetest. Seojun is better with communication, Seoeon is better with interaction when he's already warmed up to the person. Seola is cute and naughty, Seoah is the "thinker. And JiOn's speech may not be as good as say the Twins but just look at how she interacts with animals.

Edited by leix_

i agree that some mom appears too much. in regards of Kang Hyejung, tablo's wive i dont know but i do like their family that's why i dont mind. The dynamic of Tablo, KHJ and Haru is soo cute, they are fun family. maybe because they're young family that's why they seems like two best friends loving each other and raising their other little friends.

@leix_
 I agree that Manse is the best when it comes to socializing. noone can deny that. and i love how he's like the door for his brothers when it come to make a friends. he's so lovely and it's like that he can be everyone's friend, older or younger.He's the favourite of the twins, sarang hahaha.

watching ep 93, yes, it seems Minguk is not in his element. he seems unhappy and tired. on the other hands i give thumbs up to Manse who's usually afraid of water to join this paperboat. He even smiley the whole time. And i give thumbs to SIK appa to create a very good boat. the other competitors create the boat quite fast but without calculating the weight of the passanger.

And Daehanie...it's so cute when he quickly grab his crown and wear on his head, grab his toy sword and start attacking the dragon boat...hahaha, it's quite rare view of Daehan playing like that.

• Like 1

honestly  i think  chu sung  hoon looks  a  little  too  menacing  for  comfort.  i  am  glad  i am not  alone  in  saying that  he  treats  his  wife  badly  and  that  he  cuts  her  down  in  front  of  sarang  oftentimes.  considering  his  looks,  i  think  he  is  so  lucky  in  landing a most  beautiful  wife  in shiho. shiho  who is  so  game looks  almost always  at receiving  end  of  csh  putdowns.  somebody  should  tell  the  production  team  that  just  treatment  of  women  should  always  be  upheld  and  not  used  as  form  of  comedy.   about  the  other  dads,  i  think  uhn  tae  woong  works  the  hardest  not  only  does  he  take  care  ,  discipline, feed,  ran  after, carry  ji  ohn  but  he  also  acts  as  interpreter,  translator, spokesman  of  her  daughter's thoughts  as  she  speaks only  4  words  most  of  the  time  oma, ani, yes, apa. she is  late  but  she  understands  instructions. she  pats  the bottom  of  the  kids  she  meet  much  like  she  pets  and  kiss their  dogs.  she is  spending  so much  time  with  their  dogs,  she  even  calls  one  of  them  oma. i do  hope that  her talking  improves  because  now  there  is  so  much  comparison  with  the  2  se ts  of  twins.

i agree with that bold part, chingu..many of my friends also said the same thing. siho even said after sarang was born, sunghoon is too attached and obsessed with sarang, and kinda ignore her.. if i were his wife, ofcourse will feel the same like siho, feel sad inside our heart. i know sunghoon is not too good to express his feeling, but please be more considerate to show love to siho. at least if she asked to hug when she must leave the house , please hug her with more affectionate . hm....may be some of you dont agree, but that what i feel when i watch them. ofcourse we dont know what happen behind the scene, just want to give my opinion on this case.

btw, chingu anyone can help how to share gif here? i tried many times but still failed...

@adelinetew  thanks so much for advice, chingu. appreciate it..:)

Edited by sharone_pink
  • Like 2

Guest ManseCutie

@leix_
 I agree that Manse is the best when it comes to socializing. noone can deny that. and i love how he's like the door for his brothers when it come to make a friends. he's so lovely and it's like that he can be everyone's friend, older or younger.He's favourite of the twins, sarang hahaha.

watching ep 93, yes, it seems Minguk is not in his element. he seems unhappy and tired. on the other hands i give thumbs up to Manse who's usually afraid of water to join this paperboat. He even smiley the whole time. And i give thumbs to SIK appa to create a very good boat. the other competitors create the boat quite fast but without calculating the weight of the passanger.

And Daehanie...it's so cute when he quickly grab his crown and wear on his head, grab his toy sword and start attacking the dragon boat...hahaha, it's quite rare view of Daehan playing like that.

I was surprised too that Manse showed no fear in getting into that paper boat - he even sat in the front!

I noticed too that Daehan is much more happier when he is doing something outside. Others have mentioned this before but the thing that is so fascinating and adorable about him is that one minute he is serious and quiet  and the next, a playful and cheerful, outgoing kid.

The attentive look of Prince Daehan is so charming...:wub:

eqp0z2V.jpg

It is of great pleasure to see Daehanie being cheerful and happy in ROS episode 93 with him singing in the car and playing around with the participants next door showing his sword skills.

I am not sure how many have noticed this scene showing how affectionate Daehanie is when comes to reading, he shows great interest reading the leaflet of the cardboard boat competition, he even carries it to their stand.

LoUe5A7.gif

ZgEpD3d.gif

ETnbOnV.gif

• Like 7