[Variety] The Return of Superman 슈퍼맨이 돌아왔다 7th anniversary NOV 2020

hi kdik i agree w u. But i think SH shd have some.manners n be more considerate. 

I  remember in ep 75, when sik was driving the van the first time, the van went over a hum causing the van to be bit wobbly. Manse said he wqs scared n hj says the van suppose to be abit wobbly or something like that. At that time SH commented w a serious face n said it was all abt driver  skill. (Referring to sik driving skill)  This man has low EQ or what? Sik just smiled  . What a difference between the two person attitude. I just don't appreciate this 'putting other pp down'. Stupid man having muscle but manners.

• Like 1

ahmm guys, i think the reason why the mom of the triplets cannot be shown is because she is a judge. being part of the judiciary in korea, she can't be just like other moms and appear on tv with her face clearly visible. it would somehow more or less affect her work too.

though, unlike some of you, sometimes I'm fine with moms appearing once in a while, i want to have a glimpse also on how the children react with the whole family being together. and sometimes, it is inevitable that the moms need to substitute too. with respect to haru's mom, i was also fine with her appearance in the past. she did not take a substantial amount of screentime from haru's dad. i remembered her appearing when tablo needed to perform and in that episode too, she left haru in his care despite the fact it was the same day he had to perform. so it was not a surprise to me that haru and his dad had to leave the show because tablo had become really busier. one time also, shiho had to substitute SH because he had a fight at that time. and her recent appearance in the show, i can understand, because it was SH's birthday. it's a little bit sad for the family if the show would not allow the family to be complete in such important occasions like this. and usually, you see the moms early morning or at the end of the 2-day absence. 

but this is just my own opinion though. :) 

Edited by meh2222
  • Like 3

Kind folks can someone advise me on how to highlight text? 

you can press the "A" inside a square  button (right beside the "A" above an underline) after highlighting the portions you want to highlight. :)  it's named as background colour.

Edited by meh2222
  • Like 2

We can say that SIK is a real "superman" because it is really not easy raising a child, let alone three at the same time. Daehan, Minguk and Manse are adorable kids, but they are still just 3 (Western age), and could be boisterous, clingy, moody, cranky, playful, disobedient, etc. and forever hungry :wub:. He did make a comment in one of the episodes when he was writing a card for the mom and triplets to whom they were sending the Song's children's used clothes. He said that he does not bother to wear new or better clothes because his kids will just ruin them, as maknae Manse grabbed his black shirt's collar so he can climb up to his dad's shoulder. He dons comfortable and functional clothes, but will always be a fashionista, especially when he and his kids go out. Compare that to LHJ who wore skinny jeans when they went out to participate in the duck/swan boat race :blink:.

Agree with most of you about the frequent appearance of some of the moms once again. I thought they would only appear for head talks but they are now getting more airtime.

• Like 8

I really like the way SIK is raising his kids. As early as now he teaches them the value of sharing, manners and respect. As a viewer it touches me when I see them sharing their food with the dinosaur uncles without their Dad telling them to share, saying thank you (although not all the time but then their still kids and will surely learn to make a habit of saying thank you as they grow up) and greeting properly. I am confident that they will grow up into proper young men that all mom's in Korea would want for a son-in-law.

• Like 6

I think I'd also like to address this issue (moms appearing too often) while it appears here. Some people, who don't mind with moms' appearances, used reasons like "they're happy", "why-can't-she-join-them-they're-her-family-for-godness-sake". While I agree that mom joining the husband and the children is one of the most beautiful thing in the world, frequent appearance IN THIS SHOW will spoil the original concept of the show, that is a father being left for 48 hours to take care of his children [ and survives]. And I guess that is what differentiates the Return of Superman from other similar shows, something that makes it special and original. Other shows can film the moms as long and frequent as they want, but TROS should be more careful since it will be contradictory with the show's concept.

I'm not sure if the production team had to include moms because they ran out of materials. They're filming for 3 days and two nights. I believe they have a lot of footage without having to include the moms.

Edited by tiendoank
  • Like 2

Guest blixen

hi kdik i agree w u. But i think SH shd have some.manners n be more considerate. 

I  remember in ep 75, when sik was driving the van the first time, the van went over a hum causing the van to be bit wobbly. Manse said he wqs scared n hj says the van suppose to be abit wobbly or something like that. At that time SH commented w a serious face n said it was all abt driver  skill. (Referring to sik driving skill)  This man has low EQ or what? Sik just smiled  . What a difference between the two person attitude. I just don't appreciate this 'putting other pp down'. Stupid man having muscle but manners.

The funny thing is CSH has filmed a reality show about car racing recently and it turned out that he is a very bad driver himself, he has no sense of direction and was more interested in listening to music and looking good while driving than getting to the right destination. Methinks, CSH really is a himbo and it bothers me that he is rude to SIG. For example though he is the youngest amongst the fathers he has never bothered calling any of them hyung or use honorifics when he talks to them. Yeah he grew up in Japan but his parents brought him up as Korean and he is well aware of how Korean culture works yet he doesn't care because he is that arrogant. The way he coldly treats his wife in front of his child is disgusting and sets a bad example to Sarang.

@meh2222 No one is really objecting to the moms being on the show sometimes like important events, substituting for dad because he is busy etc What we are complaining about is the increasing frequency of them being on the show often for no reason at all besides filling airtime.

Guest ManseCutie

Upon observing this, father Song Il Kook says proudly, “Who does Manse take after? I think his ability to befriend people is the best in the universe.” - Thanks CHELLSEE.

That kind of ability (to make friends so easily) is a wonderful trait and so sweet that his Daddy is so proud of him.:)

e0800cdc-5ac4-445d-b3ca-7ff4f6244f28

I really like the way SIK is raising his kids. As early as now he teaches them the value of sharing, manners and respect. As a viewer it touches me when I see them sharing their food with the dinosaur uncles without their Dad telling them to share, saying thank you (although not all the time but then their still kids and will surely learn to make a habit of saying thank you as they grow up) and greeting properly. I am confident that they will grow up into proper young men that all mom's in Korea would want for a son-in-law.

I absolutely agree. I have so much respect for Song Il Gook and his wife as parents. They’ve raised triplets so well. They rarely ever misbehave or throw tantrums (at least on the show) and they are very polite and obedient. Such a great parenting is not very common. 

• Like 7

The funny thing is CSH has filmed a reality show about car racing recently and it turned out that he is a very bad driver himself, he has no sense of direction and was more interested in listening to music and looking good while driving than getting to the right destination. Methinks, CSH really is a himbo and it bothers me that he is rude to SIG. For example though he is the youngest amongst the fathers he has never bothered calling any of them hyung or use honorifics when he talks to them. Yeah he grew up in Japan but his parents brought him up as Korean and he is well aware of how Korean culture works yet he doesn't care because he is that arrogant. The way he coldly treats his wife in front of his child is disgusting and sets a bad example to Sarang.

@meh2222 No one is really objecting to the moms being on the show sometimes like important events, substituting for dad because he is busy etc What we are complaining about is the increasing frequency of them being on the show often for no reason at all besides filling airtime.

SIK seems closest to CSH, it seems to me. CSH is not perfect but I don't seem his half as bad as you guys seem him. For example, he is thoughtful. He never fails to bring gifts to the people he visit. He brought everyone clothes when they went to Jeju and then bought clothes from the twins. He cooks for everyone and does it all himself even though he doesn't have to. He takes care of the triplets when he knows SIK's hands are busy like that trip to see the dolphins and during the awards night when he acted like he is the omma of the triplets, chasing after them LOL. 

As for his bragging about his fashion sense, I think guys do that a lot. They joke around being "the man" even though they don't mean it. It probably just come across as him being serious for other people because he says it with a serious face. However, he is with other guys who gets what he is really doing. 

Interesting how we all watch the same show and see different things. I guess that's why there are forums like this. We get to see things from the point of view of other people. =) 

• Like 6

Upon observing this, father Song Il Kook says proudly, “Who does Manse take after? I think his ability to befriend people is the best in the universe.” - Thanks CHELLSEE.

That kind of ability (to make friends so easily) is a wonderful trait and so sweet that his Daddy is so proud of him.:)

e0800cdc-5ac4-445d-b3ca-7ff4f6244f28

That is because from what I understand, SIK is socially awkward himself. Manse's easy personality and ability to make friends certainly didn't come from him. This is why he says that it's the best ability in the universe-- because it's a trait he himself doesn't have. :) Manse is like the "bro" of everyone. His free, easy-going personality and natural maknae personality makes everyone want to get close to him and take care of him. :D

If you watch him in interviews or programs back before he had the triplets, SIK was so awkward, poor guy. He's not good at public speaking (although he's a different person when he's acting), he's an introvert, and it's been mentioned many times in the past that he comes off as cold and distant. Since having appeared on RoS with the triplets, his image has made a complete drastic turnaround. Suddenly, he's seen as the Appa of the Year. His image has become friendlier, more relatable, more relaxed, still socially awkward, but definitely not cold or distant. I would say introducing his triplets to RoS has been a huge benefit to SIK.

Edited by shuurin
  • Like 3

Maybe because Manse is so pure and think so positively to anyone. 

• Like 3

I don't think there is such a thing as one father being a real superman, all the fathers on the show deserve the tile & also all the fathers out there in this world who are present in their child/children's lives. It's a hard role to fulfill, but the fact that they are there & actively participate in the upbringing of their children regardless of how many hick-ups that occur on the day-to-day bases is what's important.

As for Sung Hoon, if the members of the show had any issues with the way that he addressed them then it would've been brought up way long back. Were at 90+ episodes, Sung Hoon now that I come to think of it and his family are the most friendly in terms of them having an equation with all the families on the show, this even includes the Uhm family too which is awesome. Sung Hoon is thoughtful and it's clear in his actions but people simply over look it, his on the subtle side of things. I just feel when you have a comfortable equation with people, you can easily pull each others legs or be boastful, it's a sign of being friends.

Guest ManseCutie

Quote: "Maybe because Manse is so pure and think so positively to anyone".  (vieryo) - YES! You expressed it perfectly. 

Please don't take it that I think Manse is better than Daehan or Minguk - they are all super wonderful kids with their own great traits. I just take to Manse a little bit more and he strikes at my heartstrings for the reason Vieryo stated so nicely.  I know there are Minguk fans (a LOT of them) and Daehan fans  that feel just as strongly about them.:)

I also agree that Sung Hoon may appear arrogant but I don't he he really is from what I have seen. He is not as outwardly warm as the twins' or the triplets' dads. But I have seen him being so affectionate to the other kids and he always takes charge when they get together and does the cooking which he seems to enjoy doing. He's probably comes off intimidating because of his profession - I almost got the feeling Ji On's dad was afraid of him, LOL, but that was probably when they first met. It seems they are good friends now.

Wow, that's amazing that SIK in the past came off as being cold and distant - but a lot of shy people appear to be that way just because people see shyness as being distant. He just seems like a really nice person and also that he married someone "normal" ,i.e., not a celebrity is a plus in my book.

Edited by ManseCutie
corrected spelling error

Where can you go to see a Superman?

Manse's answer:  you can see a Superman at a Supermarket.

LOL!   I love, love. love you answer Manse.  You're born to be a comedian.  That is so cute!  :D

Edited by charmy2
  • Like 8