Cuts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C7aPQfhjAs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36gZkoceu4g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwnGsorfGBk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky3WKM9dunc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dnx8QaSww0

Episode 10 Preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w989vKUd8iI

It's HaNa versus RaGong. HaNa got angry because RaGong doesn't want her eomma to be invited at the awarding ceremony and even insults her
eomma. She wants him to apologize to her eomma.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome episode!

So from the recaps :

Ra Gong and Ra Hee think that their mother (Im Cheong Ran) was the one married to the father and that Jang Eun Sung/HaNa's mother (Joo Hyo Seon) was the mistress right? I guess they see the sister (Jang Ha Meong) that is with Jang Eun Sung as being like them from different father's? (Umm, I thought these kids were smart.) I know they are maybe too young to use logic (but they are in high school right?) but from a previous episode Ra Hee had enough curiosity and sense to find out that she and Ra Gong have different fathers.) Also look at Jang Eun Sun and Jang Ha Meong name they are named after the family. Grandfather is Jang Pan Ro. If they were not legitimate they would be like them and named differently.They do not know that there are other siblings right (sense they are in America with the aunt)? Because if that is not the case LOL there is no way a man could have 4 children with a woman and not be married to her in kdrama land (only time something similar is when they forgot to register the marriage) but we know it was registered and she came from a good family also. I guess there is no other help in the house besides the cook/housekeeper who looks to have been there for a long time. I say this because it surprises me that none of the help has talked about the former Madam of the house and the children that lived there. Even if the interlopers stopped them they still tend to talk among themselves and these kids can here that. This seems to be the only house I have seen in k-drama land that the help doesn't talk. I hope that some point soon they find out the truth that Jang Eun Sun/HaNa's mother was the legal wife and their mother was the mistress and interloper. I doubt it will make a difference because both of them along with the mother and grandmother are greedy grasping people. I look forward to Ra Hee betraying her brother I can see it coming (which is a shame that she is jealous of him). Jealousy seems to run ramped in that family.

From the last part of episode 9 Ra Gong (needed to have his butt whipped for not showing respect to an elder, I don't care what his perception of that person is she has been nothing but nice to him.) is trying to stop them from going to the ceremony correct? Which per the preview he ends up hitting HaNa because of the insult he said to the Joo Hyo Seon (mom) and HaNa wants him to apologize at which point HaNa mother sees this. I take it HaNa also bested Ra Gong in school for something right?

I am hoping that I will be able to see this in the am. This will be coming on at 5:20am US time.

edit: correction I see that RaGong is named Jang Ra Gong from the bio page.

recap 9:We see the "Manly" room for HN. She wakes up and cleans all 1000 jars of sauce sauce.The two girls see RH and RG. RH is the student body president.  They are talking about a new event and how RH is doing the event, she tells RG to win it. RG sees HN coming to school on her bike and gets mad because he told her not to come on a bike. RH jokes around on how she needs to be nicer to HN since she doesn't know whether HN or RG will be top cat later. 
In classroom the girls like HN thinking she is very handsome but the guys pick on her. RG seems to be smart (not your typical spoiled idiot heir) - he is the class president and won first place in a competition for founding celebration. CR is trying on new clothes for school's founding celebration.  CR and JS meets a chairwoman from another company. 
At school HM is around carrying a baseball bat scaring two girls because she liked their butterfly hairpin. At HS's new home HM tries to complement on the Ajumma's "round face" but she was a little bit awkward in hearing that. She does like HN very much though.  Apparently HN has been working different part time jobs to support her mom and even her sisters overseas. HS tells HN not to overwork but also keeps her study up. HM jumps in and tells HS that HN is very good at studying - it has always been RG number 1, HN number 2 and there's a secret before being cut off by HN.
At home JS is scheming with CR on the people they gotta meet and how they gotta find good matches for RG and RH to marry so they can really become "wealthy". CR is really happy she gets to go to a "wives party" especially given her criminal past.  
At HS's home HS asks HN whether everything's truly fine back at home.  HN tells her mom that even though CR and JS  are very picky but she makes sure she does everything perfectly so they can't nitpick. HN also tells HS that even though people in class talks about her being son of stepmom but it doesn't matter anymore.  
CR scolds HN after HN and HM comes back home. She asks why HN didn't help RG finish his work and gives her a list of other work to do in preparation for RG's celebration.  CR complains that HN being so obedient is really annoying her. She says she always say "yes mom" but it feels like HN is trying to pick a fight. JS tells when RG hits 18 he wil become rightful heir and there will be no place for HN, so just wait a little longer. CR gets a call about the founding celebration being replaced by an Olympia celebration because a lot of foreigners will come and HN won the top prize. The school teacher told RG that the Olympia celebration will replace the school celebration and they will congratulate HN instead of RG.   The teacher is surprised that HN won the award since it is a first for a student from that school. GP is also surprised not knowing HN even competed for it. Secretary told GP that usually HN helps RG in everything but because RG was prepping for the math competition HN participated in the Olympia instead. The winning article/report she wrote is "Why products that can turn sour wont deteriorate in air".  
At home RH tries to annoy RG about how HN really pulled a fast one on RG.  Always being second to RG(vice class president, #2 in tests)  but she suddenly turned out number 1.  GP is impressed that HN who always helps RG out gets to win this. GP tells HN he will award her with anything - HN wants her mom to show up at the ceremony. RG tells her it is not that simple but HN counters it is if you think it as a parent celebrating her son's award. GP gives HN permission to do so.  HN tells her mom to show up because GP gave permission. CR is furious that HN asked HS  to come and JS says HN is just showing off. 
Next day RG tells HN that she can't bring HS over or else. RG tells her again if she brings HS along "it will be over".  RH comes to see HN and tells HN to bring her mom over. She says she stand by his side in this situation and HN thanks her. RH then thinks to herself that HS coming will benefit herself with RG and HN fighting. 
At the ceremony HS shows up for the first time to school since HN attended school.  RG brought some thugs along to stop HS and HN from going. He tells HN to take "this woman" and get lost. They keep telling each other to disappear....
Preview:RG: Someone who doesn't know his place - get lost all of you!.HS: Why don't you say anything about the hardship you experience at HNJ.  If you feel tired you can return home as HN.RG: move.HN: don't be so despicable. Lets fight in the open. If I win you have to apologize to my mom.

*cant wait for HN to kick RG's butt and maybe he will realize HN has been "letting him win" all this time

The two sisters can put up with what had been dished out to them for the mother's sake but for them to treat their mother like trash is a definite no. Good on Han Na to fight for her mother. Actually, when Hanna turned 18, she can discard her disguised and return to be with her mother as a girl. I wonder how long she planned to keep up with her disguise. I wonder too if something is going to happen to Ra Gon that she had to keep pretending to be a boy.

gene71632 said: The two sisters can put up with what had been dished out to them for the mother's sake but for them to treat their mother like trash is a definite no. Good on Han Na to fight for her mother. Actually, when Hanna turned 18, she can discard her disguised and return to be with her mother as a girl. I wonder how long she planned to keep up with her disguise. I wonder too if something is going to happen to Ra Gon that she had to keep pretending to be a boy.

Episode 10 live recap

Please take pity I am not as good and can only tell you what I see since I do not speak Korean.

Episode 10 opens with the confrontation scene between RaGong and Jang Eun Sang and her Mother and Sister.  JES goes with RaGong. He insults his mother and then hits him twice before his mother runs up and stops him saying something to him.  IM Gheong Ran gets presented an award at the ceremony. Ra Hee makes a speech and introduces JES who is late.  Everyone is looking around for him. He comes in late uniform dirty and lip bloodied. He walks down the stairs and onto the stage and accepts award. In his speech he thanks his mother and looks towards the door where his mother and sister are standing. His mother has tears in her eyes. Grandpa gives a little smile. RaGong has gone to the dojo after hitting JES and the other guys are bragging I guess about what happened.

IGR is with her mother and is angry about JHS showing up (I keep thinking lady she has more right then you to be there. LOL ) and walks off after the ceremony.

JES is standing with his mother and sister after the ceremony and mentions about being hit touching her lip. His mother is upset after JES leaves. His sister says something that makes the mother cry a little.

JES is with her mother and sister at her mom' house and mom has fixed them a small feast to celebrate. She presents him with a clean school sweater and clean school shirt. She says something to him. Next scene shows JES back at his grandfather's sitting in bed thinking. The next day in class the same guys harasses JES and take his back pack and step on it after dropping it on the floor. RaGong comes in and does the shoulder bump again going to his desk but JES says something to him I guess. He called him out. Girls are running to RaHee and telling her what happened or what is going to happen.

JES and RaGong are at the dinner table giving each other hateful looks. Grandpa comes to the table and says something to them when they do not respond he slaps the table. RaHee Walks by and gives this little smile. She goes into the room with granny and ICR they are eating dinner. ICR says something to her and she smiles, looks like they may be praising her for her performance.

Next scene is at the dojo and JES and RaGong are about to go at it fully geared up. Kids are watching from the side lines. RaGong starts  first and knocks JES down and kicks him. He wins the match and JES takes the gear of and holds up his fist. They are about to fight. He punches him 3 times and kicks RaGong to the ground and says something to him. Leaving him laying on the floor JES walks off. YOU GO! He deserves it. The other kids are all talking about him beating him.. LOL

Next scene show RaGong and his gang outside where he punched JES and he is hitting the wall for loosing the fight to JES. The other boys look on in his little gang.

We see Jang Ha Meong doctoring JES in a storage room. I guess he was hurt when struck in the match. JHM doesn't like looking at JES hurt she is turning her head as she applies ointment. Next scene is of RaGong in his room and ICR comes in with his traditional outfit. Notices his mouth.

Cut to JES room with JHM. JES receives a text message and seems surprised. Next scene is in class and two boys rush in and say something to JES. Next RG walks in and gives JES a hateful look. JHM is waiting at the entrance of the school for JES.

RG comes out and one of the boys who harasses JES is saying something to him and he smiles. Next Scene is 3 boys from another school (different uniforms) cornering JES and one tries to hit him and misses. As he throws the punch JES opens the fire house case and pulls out the hose. They hold up their hands.

ICR and her mother are told something. Then they show Grandpa at the factory kitchen and he is told something. Next Scene is ICR and her mother in their room. She gets a phone call I guess from someone or grandpa. Next we show him come home and he is says something to ICR in a loud voice.

She goes back to her room laughing with her mother. I wonder if it was a call about JES?

They cut to JHS's and JHM is telling her that JES did not come after asking JHM where JES possibly.  JHS looks concerned. They show JES in the same storage room later his uniform is torn and his lip is bloodied and a scrape on the cheek. He is thinking about the last time when his mother said something to him and when he buried the box of his girl stuff.

We see grandpa sitting in the living room in his coat with his hat on the table thinking about something. ICR is peaking in and then closes the door and laughs with her mother.

Cut to scene is at school or an office with ICR and RG on one side grandpa and two other men one of them the secretary. Women burst in and are yelling and complaining. JES comes in again and grandpa can see his face and he says I am sorry for being late. He takes out and envelope containing an official paper and gives it to ICR. Did he bring in a paper filing charges on RaGong and the other kids? One of the women say something to JES then Grandpa is says something to JES and she says something back. Whatever JES says to grandpa it makes everyone eyes go wide.

Preview.

JES is on her knees to grandpa while everyone looks on he says something to JES.  She is talking to them. We show scenes with her mother talking on her knees and she has put her coat on JES. We see JHS looking proud later at home. We see a scene of JES in traditional clothes bowing at a ceremony with RaGong. One of the guys Seol Do Hyeon I think listed in the beginning of this thread is introduced and is walking with his cart of luggage at the airport. Then they cut to a scene of him in a dark room with a man tied to a chair and someone says something to him.  end of preview.

Sorry if I missed anything and that I can only tell you what I see and not give you actual dialogs.

Hopefully Shaselai will give us an awesome recap later If they have time. Have a good day and a awesome weekend.

@YoshiHoshi
The background the song played in the drama when HaNa was using the phone is Avril Lavigne's  "Skater Boy" the song was released in 2002. Most probably the timeline is between 2002-2004.

@Ldy Gmerm Thank you for your episode 10 live recap. 

@shaselai Thank you  for your episode 9 translation recaps. I'm also hoping that you could recap episode 10.

@gene71632  @valsava   @suchadiva42  and everyone  ....  Thank you for your posts and insights. Thank You for keeping  this thread alive. 

:-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd

Uploaded by SBS:

Episode 10:

Cuts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FPR5uQ61w0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZH69Jephng
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWsGyWVnnEQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgapaytfpOw

Episode 11 Preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbVlpTjMYl4

Lee TaeGon  will appear next week

I found a raw video link Episode 10.
Please private message me about the link if you want to watch it. Thanks :)

I'm still online till 2 am KST Saturday.

I didn't get to watch the live streaming smoothly due to lagging of internet connection in the net cafe.
But I get to captured this in the live stream ...
tumblr_mxqur2jAC61qihbiwo1_500.jpg
HaNa/EunSung's awesome in that scene. She defeated RaGong. She really can fight.
That's HaNa/EunSung's "Don't mess with my mom" look. You go boy girl! 
:D

Something I can not understand. Grandpa can see the tension between RaGong and Jang Eun Sung and he in my opinion is part of the problem. He tries not to play favorites. But nothing can change the jealous spiteful behavior of RaGong.  But if he had never told JES father to divorce his mother just because all he had were daughters with her there would not be this situation.(I know they didn't but how hurtful was it to JHS to hear that. I know that they do that in k-drama's because it is not the first time I have seen it. All to get a male heir.)

I realize that RaGong is this way partly do to his mother lying about her being the mistress (frankly given his personality I think he still would have been a jealous little shyt in all honesty he gets that from his mother).

What surprises me the most is that when the woman left the house grandpa never questioned why she would have given the lock to the concubine and not to him directly. He never went to talk to her about her leaving the house or about helping. He got this male heir and threw her away in my opinion. He just accepted this woman with this baby son (did they do DNA on him to verify that he really was his sons?) into his home and forgot about the dutiful daughter in law and the three grandchildren.

Only when she writes to him about honoring her parents and about getting the male child on the registery does he finally go looking for her. When he sees this child walking down the street looking just like his son at that age he wants to get his butt in gear to find her and talk to her! He should have been looking out for her and those children before now in my opinion.

For me I think the ancestors are tired of the way grandpa is doing things. Why else would his son not be able to have the taste buds that his father had. Looks to me that they want change. A son should not be the only one inheriting the business. I say this because it is a miracle that she was able to have the last child given how she lost the other one. Only finding out after the dad died too. She has this miracle child who will happen to love the company and has the dedication to it, works hard for it and has the taste buds that grandpa has (And looked just like his dead son as a small child). I find it sad that they had to hide the fact that the more suitable candidate for talking over the business is a girl instead of a boy. I look forward to seeing what happens later. Will she come out as a girl later on or will she continue to live as a boy and only dress up and go out as a girl away from home? I wonder if the other two sister will come back from America at all as well.  I look forward to seeing what is going to happen next week.

Sorry guys but could someone please clear something for me. Is the idiot her REAL half brother or could it be his father is someone else and his mother make use of the situation and say that man ( who passed away ) son? Also, does the half brother knows she's a girl? I skip so much while watching and now TOTALLY at lost..Lol. and even IF I didn't skip, I wouldn't understand what's going on! :(  Gosh, I so bad with names and so I hope I didn't confuse you all. I used to like the old grandmom in other dramas but I REALLY dislike her in this drama. X(  Thanks!!! :)

uglypearl said: @YoshiHoshi
The background the song played in the drama when HaNa was using the phone is Avril Lavigne's  "Skater Boy" the song was released in 2002. Most probably the timeline is between 2002-2004.

@Ldy Gmerm Thank you for your episode 10 live recap. 

@shaselai Thank you  for your episode 9 translation recaps. I'm also hoping that you could recap episode 10.

@gene71632  @valsava   @suchadiva42  and everyone  ....  Thank you for your posts and insights. Thank You for keeping  this thread alive. 

:-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd

rukter said: Sorry guys but could someone please clear something for me. Is the idiot her REAL half brother or could it be his father is someone else and his mother make use of the situation and say that man ( who passed away ) son? Also, does the half brother knows she's a girl? I skip so much while watching and now TOTALLY at lost..Lol. and even IF I didn't skip, I wouldn't understand what's going on! :(  Gosh, I so bad with names and so I hope I didn't confuse you all. I used to like the old grandmom in other dramas but I REALLY dislike her in this drama. X(  Thanks!!! :)

@shaselai: thanks for your reply! I really hate the idiot half brother! I would thought at least he have some a little of love for his brother but I guess the evil mom painted an ugly picture of his half brother that there's no love at all for him. And the other idiot half sister...she thinks she's all miss too beautiful, I DON'T like her either! To put it mildly, I STRONGLY DISLIKE the 4 some!!!! X( X( Gosh, him/her...she/he...Lol. :D

rukter said: @shaselai: thanks for your reply! I really hate the idiot half brother! I would thought at least he have some a little of love for his brother but I guess the evil mom painted an ugly picture of his half brother that there's no love at all for him. And the other idiot half sister...she thinks she's all miss too beautiful, I DON'T like her either! To put it mildly, I STRONGLY DISLIKE the 4 some!!!! X( X( Gosh, him/her...she/he...Lol. :D

shaselai said: rukter said: @shaselai: thanks for your reply! I really hate the idiot half brother! I would thought at least he have some a little of love for his brother but I guess the evil mom painted an ugly picture of his half brother that there's no love at all for him. And the other idiot half sister...she thinks she's all miss too beautiful, I DON'T like her either! To put it mildly, I STRONGLY DISLIKE the 4 some!!!! X( X( Gosh, him/her...she/he...Lol. :D

recap 10!
So we continue from the confrontation with RG and thugs and HN not backing down. HN takes RG aside for one on one chat. CR receives an award of some kind and she promises to continue her involvement in the corporation. Next RH presents the "most valuable award in the school history and nation history for top place in Olympia". Then we cut to RG punching HN telling her to get lost with her mom. He tells her she's like a girl not hitting back but stares back like that.HS and SH comes running then RG backs off. HN comes to the podium and makes a speech.
"I am very honored to receive this top award. The report I submitted is partially a result from my studies at HNJ. Because of HNJ I had opportunity to expose to food that can turn sour, it is a blessing. Also, I want to thank someone, she is my birth mother. It might not be appropriate to say here but I never had an opportunity so I will say it here. Mom, thank you for giving birth to me." 
CR complains about inviting HS and JS adds she is doing it on purpose to bring shame to them. HN tells mom to not worry about RG - she will take care of it. HS says she didn't know HN is going through such hardship. HM tells her mom that HN purposely loses to RG - on exams she dont answer a question so RG can place first (still RG is smart to get 100% right though). HR comes to incite RG again. She asks him why he doing things half way - if he wanted to stop HN's mom he shouldve done so, if he was gonna beat HN up he should've beat her senseless. But HN came to get her award anyway and made CR& JS furious. 
At home HS thanks HN for helping with the living expenses for her sisters and her mom. She tells HN if she's too tire she can come back as HN and she will take care of the rest. At school HN is being picked on again by RG's thugs calling her mom names. RG tells her to stop staring and reminds her she got beat up already. HN challenges RG:HN:Brother RG. Stop being so underhanded, let's compete in the open. RG: underhanded? Me? HN: I have had enough of your beating and have endured through it all. But I can't endure things in regards to my mom. RG: So?HN: Beat me in an official competition. Then my sister and I will leave HNJ(if we lose).RG: And?HN: If I win, you have to apologize to my mom.RG: you little!HN: You don't need to this little that little and fight. Just have a fight between men and decide the victor. That's I have to say, just pick something you specialize in. You specialize in Kendo, Kendo.
RH gets report from two girls about the challenge, the girls afraid HN will get hurt because RG is bigger. At dinner the two just stare eachother and didn't hear GP. He tells them no matter what he wont allow brother infighting. CR asks whether there's another fight.  JS adds with HN's build she is the one getting beat and she should get beat frequently to know her place.
At the competition the thugs  comment how RG is level 7(out of 10 by japanese ranking) so HN is deadmeat instantly.  RG starts not playing by the rules by kicking and punching. Then he challenges her to beat him even if breaking the rules. She decides to do just that. She kicks his butt and tells him if he's a man then apologizes to her mom. Later  he is pissed and screams he won't forgive her X2. HM comments how if HN's hurt she can't go to the hospital so it is more painful being treated. At home CR brought RG his uniform for the inheritance test and saw RG's bruise. She asks whether HN gave him that and tells him to focus on the test coming up then deal with HN later. RG calmly tells CR that he is "all good" with HN and HN will be the one busy at school. 
It turns out RG sent challenges on behalf of HN to top thugs from different schools and they are messaging HN back.  At least there are two male students  who told HM that. RG's friend tells RG that these thugs are all coming to the school to challenge HN.  CR gets a call about about a fight breaking out at school, GP gets the same call. CR thought it was RG who's involved but it turned out to be HN. CR tells GP that HN bragged about her fighting skills and got involved in the group fight. CR tells JS that HN won using a firehose and the student's parents are complaining about their kids bones broken etc. 
HN is thinking about what her mom said and hides in the storage. GP is waiting outside and CR and JS are happy that HN is going to get punished by GP.  When parents come barging in the next day complaining about HN GP tells them to treat HN like they are not related, whatever punishment it is give it to her. HN comes in and gives her letter of withdrawal from school. She said although it is not something she wanted to do (the fight) but what is done so that's her decision. However, she to told GP that she wants to do the same Soy Sauce test as RG.  
Preview:HN: Please let me learn how to make soy sauce.GP: Before you fully reflect upon your wrongdoings, don't mention this again.Secretary: this is not the first time those two had confrontations.HN: I am not blowing off steam, I just want to let GP know my will.HS: HN, mom will support you. I won't reject the skill test (it is hard to translate the title.. it is almost literally special command skilled test. I think it's some soy sauce proficiency test being a "soy sauce master" or something).HM: I will become a strong person. I will protect mom, sis and my family. So as a result I need to have the best skills. Some guy: Welcome back young master. (Young master) Sul Do Hyun: How are you?Some guy: You heard about the rumors?(about) Han Yoon Chan.

Archived