[Drama 2013/2014] A Well Grown Daughter/ One Well-Raised Daughter/ 잘 키운 딸 하나

uglypearl

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JRG, JYS,ICR,BJSrecap episode 3:At the company JYS sees ICR and BJS. ICR tells JYS that she tried to hide it for a year but the child can't miss his father so she had to come see JRG. ICR tells JYS that JRG knows about it as well and JYS went home in shock. GP hears about the baby from the workers and calmly asks JRG whether the child is A. His and B. A son. JRG Apologizes to GP that it was his mistake and he didn't know ICR gave birth but GP just cares whether the baby is a son or not.. After he finishes laughing he just says "Bring him here, I want to see my grandson".
GP wastes no time to bring ICR to his office and then GP invites her and the baby home, the baby's name Jang Ra Gong. ICR calls JYS out for a chat telling her she is also a victim here because of the accident. People talking behind her back for betraying her friend etc. (who believe that BS considering she chased JRG to a conference???). When JYS ignores ICR, ICR became blunt and just tells her the company needs an heir and being her best friend she is most suited as a mother of the boy since she will treat JYS well. 
JYS drags ICR out but BJS stops her. JYS calls them shameless for betraying her for all the good she done for them. BJS just tells her now's time to decide where the baby will live.  BJS leaves with ICR without the baby. ICR asks why BJS tells her because the baby is there that gives ICR all the reason to visit whenever she wants using seeing the baby as an excuse. ICR wastes no time doing that.
At the factory the workers back up JYS saying BJS is shameless and betrays JYS's goodwill. ICR came to wonder around the factory again and the workers spilled water on her. JYS comes to ask ICR out but ICR calls JYS out for not having a conscience. She says it's JYS's fault for not bearing an heir and it falls on her but JYS says it's not like she didn't try and it's ICR with bad conscience for grabbing her weakness. They catfight and GP stops them. GP tells JYS that she should be considerate of the situation and asks her to raise the baby instead - BJS and ICR are furious and goes to the house and tell JYS to give birth to a son if she wants to raise the baby. JRG tells JYS they should move out, there's no other way around it. GP finds out about JRG transferring to another school but he's too late to stop him - he left already and is coming back the evening.
The coworkers talk about the situation JRG is in and one of them said if she were him she would kill herself and then the news of the accident hit and JRG is one of the casualties.... ICR and BJS got  yelled at for going to the funeral. ICR is really sad that her second child is also fatherless. BJS tells her to use the baby as a leverage and devised a plan. ICR asks GP if she can stay here with the baby and asks JYS as well since they are both grieving over the death of JRG. Apparently she didn't get approval but BJS told her GP and JYS are still grieving so they can just go ahead and move in. They did just that and locked JYS and her kids out and tossed their baggage outside the house. The maid can't open the door for them because BJS and ICR are "controlling" the house. GP is in the 100 day grief period so JYS didn't want to disturb him about the situation.
JYS moved out and later the secretary gave her living expenses. She said GP only gave her money especially given her parents are no longer living and her distant aunt is in US. Secretary told her that the money is actually from HIM not GP and GP doesn't want to see anyone after the 100 day grief period. JYS keeps having stomach cramps and goes to see a doctor, he tells her she is pregnant again. It is a "miracle" that she is pregnant after the miscarriage but he cautions her that if she does give birth it will be dangerous to both her and the baby and advice her to get an abortion. she goes back home and talks to herself about what JRG would do and he probably would tell her to get  an abortion but she says the child appeared  to her as a miracle so she wants to be a miracle mother so she will have the child.
preview:Lady: whats her name?JYS: HaNa, Jang Ha Na.ICR: Really! Let me live the way I want!JHN: I am sorry I am a daughter, it would be better if I were a son.JYS: Our HaNa likes to role play right? From now on you will be mom's son. Not a daughter but a son.

I gotta say the mother daughter evil pair tops the villains i have seen in K family drama. I think the closest ones I have seen is the Mother son pair from Oh Ja Ryong. GP is really a richard simmons for treating his daughter in law this way and I am surprised how easy it was for BJS and ICR to "take over" the house. 
As a side note, it is interesting to see what will happen to the son (JRG) because he either will die or not have sense of taste like the father to not be considered an heir (which is why JHN has to inherit the company). I am also looking forward to see whether JYS is bent on revenge going back to the main house or something else... maybe she want to take over the company because the way GP got rid of her?

shaselai said: I gotta say the mother daughter evil pair tops the villains i have seen in K family drama. I think the closest ones I have seen is the Mother son pair from Oh Ja Ryong. GP is really a richard simmons for treating his daughter in law this way and I am surprised how easy it was for BJS and ICR to "take over" the house. 
As a side note, it is interesting to see what will happen to the son (JRG) because he either will die or not have sense of taste like the father to not be considered an heir (which is why JHN has to inherit the company). I am also looking forward to see whether JYS is bent on revenge going back to the main house or something else... maybe she want to take over the company because the way GP got rid of her?

Uploaded by SBS

Episode 4 :

Cuts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3z7VDnl_yo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1dmlkiHV_Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8verZ1FHNE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20AJ1Bri0UA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aqB_NXk4yc

Episode 5 Preview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6u6aCH0GEY

Guest atomickitty

@suchadiva, @dimples21, @valsava
I'm going to let this one marinate before I start watching it for real. Though I hope it's going to be a good one, I can't help but feel scared after being burned by a few daily dramas recently. Sincerity Moves Heaven, Birth of a Family, Princess Aurora, to name a few. I'll continue to read the posts here though... Maybe someone will post something that will excite me enough to start before it marinates.

Guest atomickitty

@Triton823. Good luck. Please let me know how it goes. From reading the posts, looks like we already have a mother daughter team to play the evil and hateful opponents. Also, I don't know why they always blame the woman and treat her so horribly for not having a son. Don't they know that the y part of the xy gene has to come from the husband?

@atomickitty"

Your not the only who's scared, Like I've said before Sincerity Moves Heaven tore me to piece's that my husband actually had to put me back together ;))Now this drama having me thinking should I watch now or wait for like in the middle of the drama, But just keep checking in on this thread.. Wow" It's really a big decision for me because it's a long drama as well and I will get to the point were it'll burn me out, And if I do get a chance to watch it also I'll be looking like this :-<

recap 4:JHS finally gives birth to a baby girl and she says she has no regrets that the baby is not a son. She names her Ha Na meaning "new beginning". JHS thinks to herself that JHN is not only her daughter but also her hope. 
7 years l8rHN and her sister (HM) are stealing persimmons i think and then they help some old man with a cart. They go to the restaurant where JHS is helping out to give her some food and money HN got from the old man and a granny. HM says everybody love HN but don't like her because she is stupid. HN and JHS tells her that isn't so but HM says it is since she is not even smart enough to go to school and people are talking behind her back about that.  So.... the time magically went from morning to dinner time -_-.....
When they are about to eat dinner the rent lady started calling JHS out. Apparently they are 6 months behind rent and the lady want them to move out. JHS pleads for more time because the second daughter just started junior high. 
At the enemy stronghold, JRH is complaining to maid about not having her shirt ironed for the birthday party - the maid got the date wrong. JRG comes in and complains about her PS1 not being clean - maid said didn't he not want her to wipe it? The kids decides to go to an amusement park after leaving maid with their stuff. ICR is shopping but her driver told her that GP is coming back today - she thought he wasn't coming back till next day but his schedule changed. GP tells ICR to see him after supper. The 3 ladies are eating dinner and JRH says she wants to eat with GP and JRG - BJS says she will see what she can do. 
GP asks ICR if she went to  the institute  and she told him she did to check up on them. GP tells her to not go anymore because it looks bad for a person from the company to be hanging out with the university people. He tells her if she goes again  it will bring shame to him. 
ICR complains to BJS that she wants to live her own life and it is BJS's fault for not being tough on GP so she has to suffer. She says she has given so much these past 8 years. 
JHS is begging landlady for leniency on rent and tried to give her a watch but she refused and told her  she found a new tenant already. 
At the construction site JHS faints. HM cries and tells her to not get sick. She broke her back from overwork and malnutrition. Luckily her aunt is around and is able to help out. JHS tells her aunt that she can't leave her place right now because of her kids in school. Her aunt tells her to separate the kids for now - she will take care of two and JHS the other. This way they wont all die. She will go back to US and take care of the HS and HJ through school. JHS finally agrees. Walking back home the landlady threw their stuff outside. JHS thinks to herself that she's not the most unfortunate soul on earth but as a mother how can she take care of her children? She must find a way to do so. 
HN approaches and tries to comfort JHS that it is unfortunate that she isn't a boy - she heard about the family history and that all the problem would've been solved if she were a boy. JHS has a Mr. Burns moment and went to another lady's place for few nights with the watch as collateral. JHS asks HN that she needs to do something so that JHS can save her and her sister.  Just this moment ICR has a nightmare about JHS coming back. ICR's says she is worried if GP finds out - apparently ICR told JHS that GP kicked her out and told GP JHS left on her own. JHS writes a letter to GP about her "son". The reason is that there's no certificate for her son and "he" can't go to school because of that. So JHS writes to contact GP for help. Her son's name is Eun Song. ICR pressures the secretary to cough up the letter and opens it herself and is surprised that JHS is coming to see GP with her "son".  JHS asks HN to role play as a boy from now on and HN agrees. JHS tells HN that when HN is "role playing" her name is Jang Eun Song because it is a name JRG wanted when they were going to have a son. 
preview:ICR: JHS gave birth to a son?BJS: What did HM's mom say?Secretary?: Need to have your son on the chairman's registry.ICR: How can I be excluded from an important matter such as the family registry?JHS: What a surprise! I need your permission?ICR: Where did you pick up that child?BJS: Do a DNA test.GP: What is your name?

Ok, i am not sure how HN can fool everyone in the house till she's an adult...I think the story could go two ways (the synopsis is not very clear...). Either HN is found out by GP BUT she is genius at soy sauce making so GP has to use her/him OR somehow she hid her identity throughout and no one knows about it yet. I just hope either way it will be a convincing story behind it...

Yeah, I'm really unsure about this drama because, even in the first week, it is requiring us to suspend our disbelief.

How can a legally-wedded spouse and the children be kicked out of their home, with only the clothes on their back, and not have legal recourse to their husband/father's estate?!

Technically, witch 1 and witch 2 were the trespassers.  They had no right to be in the house.  (This is not a case of calling 'dibs' first.) Why didn't the mother call the police to remove them as trespassers?  Just because the baby is the grandson of the house does not give them the right to move in.  And, even if the stupid old fart of a grandfather allowed it, no one has the right to throw out the mother and daughters.

So far, this writer is writing absurdity and non-sense, especially in the characterization of the mother.   I guess the mother is not suppose to fight for her and her children's rights because she is suppose to be such an angel that the entire factory loves her.  As Scrooge would say, "Bah, humbug!"

The mother should let the old fart know that he shouldn't be too worried about preserving the 400 legacy because she's going to flatten his 400 year legacy in court!  =D>

BTW, what happened to the other sisters?

Archived