Kim Go Eun ♥ 김고은 ♥ 金高銀 ♥ คิมโกอึน ♥ キムゴウン - Upcoming Drama 2024: Eun Jung and Sang Yeon

Lids

Goblin's Kim Go-Eun is Confirmed to Star Opposite Lee Min-Ho in New Drama

Lee Min-Ho, Kim Go-Eun

Since his recent discharge from mandatory military service, 31-year-old Lee Min-Ho is jumping right back into work. 

Details of his upcoming drama are being released slowly and it looks like things are coming along nicely for the Boys Over Flowers star. Recently, it has been confirmed by Studio Dragon Corporation, a South Korean drama production company under CJ Entertainment, that 28-year-old actress Kim Go-Eun will be starring opposite Lee. 

Kim is most known for her starring role in the mega hit K-drama, Goblin, alongside Gong Yoo. Studio Dragon Corporation, the production house of the new drama titled The King: Forever the Monarch, stated that Kim's incredible acting in Goblin was one of the many reasons they casted her as the lead. 

The King: Forever the Monarch revolves around the idea of parallel worlds whereby a door to an alternate universe opens when god set devil free in the human world. Due to multiple worlds being involved, the production house was looking for an actress with great character versatility. 

"Acting for extreme characters like a detective and criminal is not an easy task.

Looking at the way she interpreted characters in various films and the natural acting she showed in the growth of a girl to a woman in Goblin, we judged that if it were the broad acting skills of Kim Go-Eun, she'd be able to successfully take on Jeong Tae-Eul and Luna's double role," stated Studio Dragon Corporation. 

They elaborated further by saying, "The King: Forever the Monarch represents a fantasy romance drama that crosses in between the parallel worlds of South Korea and the Korean Empire and Kim Go-Eun will challenge herself to a double role with a South Korean detective, Jeong Tae-Eul, and a character called Luna, who lives a low life as a criminal of the Korean Empire."

With the leads secured, filming is expected to commence in the latter half of 2019 and we can estimate the drama to air during the first half of 2020. 

credit to https://www.eonline.com/ap/news/1043805/goblin-s-kim-go-eun-is-confirmed-to-star-opposite-lee-min-ho-in-new-drama

I'm so excited! I am a new Kim Go Eun fan. I wanted to see her act more. How will she act as two different roles? I have never watched anything with Lee Min Ho. So I'm curious about him too! Congrats Kim Go Eun! :) 

• Like 5

[HanCinema's News] Kim Go-eun, Lee Ji-ah and Han Ji-min Attend Choo Ja-hyun's Wedding

By William Schwartz on 2019/05/31 at 21:19 PST

photo1068232.jpg

On May 30th Kim Go-eun uploaded some photos to Instagram of her attending Choo Ja-hyun's wedding. Lee Ji-ah and Han Ji-min can also be seen in the pictures. Attached to the pictures is the comment from Kim Go-eun, that the event was so beautiful. A video was also uploaded.

In addition to providing an inside look at Choo Ja-hyun's wedding the pictures indicate how well-connected and regarded Choo Ja-hyun is in the South Korean entertainment industry, even as she has only just now returned to Korean dramas with "Beautiful World" following a nine year absence. Kim Go-eun, meanwhile, is set to star in "The King: Forever Sovereign" with Lee Min-ho sometime next year.

Written by William Schwartz

Spoiler

photo1068230.jpg

• Like 3

It has been 2 years since my last update on Soompi forum. I'm back mainly to show support to KGE's new upcoming drama The King: Eternal Monarch (a drama thread has been created. Just click on the link to visit).  Very soon, promotional activities for the movie 'Yoo-Yeol's Music Album' will commence and we'll get plenty of updates from KGE and her co-star Jung Hae-in :wub:

TVQM to @Lids @ChunSungIm @ucylucy (did I miss someone out ?)  for keeping this thread alive all these while.

And welcome back @2handsintertwined  It has also been 2 years since we last spoke on this platform. 

• Like 4

Kim Go Eun Confirmed To Star In Korea’s First-Ever Musical Film

News

1 hour ago

Wnajfa7eTbAsQjxHujq1pPDMx2AkaQ7F4AZl1-d3

Actress Kim Go Eun has been cast for the lead role in Korea’s first-ever musical film, Hero.

Hero is a film that deals with the final year of the Korean independence activist, An Jung Geun, after he shot Ito Hirobumi in Harbin, China in October 1909. The film will be based on the musical, Hero, which has received love from viewers for 10 years, in commemoration of An Jung Geun’s 100th anniversary.

Spoiler

Hh0855x7gTKdlaZMWVlF3uizge0q068NyRJstDsd

Kim Go Eun will be playing the role of Seol Hee, Chosun’s last maid of honor who witnessed the death of Empress Myeongseong in Hero. Seol Hee is a strong-willed character who actively supports the independence movement by collecting important information about Japan.

Spoiler

kimgoeun

An Jung Geun will be played by musical actor, Jung Sung Hwa, who has been responsible for the role in the musical since its premiere.

Spoiler

jungsunghwa

Hero will be Director Yoon Je Kyoon‘s next project following his previous films, Tidal Wave and Ode to My Father

Meanwhile, filming is expected to begin from the latter half of this year.

• Like 4

Kim Go Eun Confirmed To Star In Korea’s First Musical Film

c96f440b0e3e420bafea59adf2c84e2c.jpeg?s=

Kim Go Eun has been confirmed to star in the historical film “Hero”!

On June 12, BH Entertainment said, “Kim Go Eun will be starring as a lead for the film ‘Hero,’ which has been receiving much attention for cinematizing a Korean musical.”

“Hero” is about the final year in the life of the Korean independence activist Ahn Jung Geun who becomes a martyr after receiving a death sentence from the Japanese court for assassinating Ito Hirobumi in October of 1909 in Harbin. Using the large-scale musical “Hero” as its foundation, the film honors of the 100th year anniversary of Ahn Jung Geun’s noble actions as a martyr.

Kim Go Eun will be taking on the role of Joseon’s final court lady Seol Hee who witnesses the death of the last empress, Empress Myeong Sung. Seol Hee is a strong character who gathers key information about Japan in order to actively support the independence movement. Filming will begin in the second half of the year.

Furthermore, Yoon Jae Kyun, the director of “Tidal Wave” and “Ode to My Father,” will be directing “Hero,” and the movie has already gained much attention from the public after casting Jung Sung Hwa, who has been playing Ahn Jung Geun in the musical “Hero” since the beginning, as the lead.

Meanwhile, Kim Go Eun is expected to showcase her diverse acting spectrum through the upcoming summer film 

“Yoo Yeol’s Music Album” (literal translation) and scriptwriter Kim Eun Sook’s upcoming drama “The King: The Eternal Monarch” (literal translation), which is expected to air sometime in 2020.

Source (1)

• Like 4

Kim Go Eun cast as the female lead in Korea's first musical movie

kimgoeunjpg.jpg

It was announced that Kim Go Eun has been confirmed to play the female lead of the musical movie 'Heroine.' The actress will be playing the role of court lady Sulhee. 

This movie marks Korea's first ever musical movie and is set in 1909 centering around the historical figure, Ahn Jung Geun. The director is Yoon Jae Gyun who is known for his work in 'Haeundae' and 'Ode to my Father.'

The film will be releasing in the latter half of 2020 and will be filmed in a variety of locations around the globe including Russia and Japan. 

• Like 2

credit to @ChunSungIm

D88wrwqUwAE9uqe.jpg:large

I'm sorry I had to repost this. I love this picture. She looks so beautiful here. I love her smile. Believe me. She looks good in blue.

And I want to share this:

credit to arjenia

She looks good in brown too. I love her lips. She makes me cry. She's just so beautiful to me. She doesn't even have to try. I miss her. I can't wait for her drama and films. Kim Go Eun I think I have a girl crush. And I want to look just like her. I'm black/African American :D. I want her hair. So I need to buy a wig!

Edit: Has anyone else shared this picture? Please let me know :blush:

Edit: I'm so in love with her. I can't wait for her comeback. Please believe me. I'm in love. Where have I been? I wish I had known her sooner. I feel so bad :( I can't wait to see her acting more. I want to see more of her. How will she act? I ask. Does she act the same in her films? I'm excited.

Edit: Ok I'm going to love on her some more. I love the way she tilts her head.  How can she be so beautiful? :bawling: I'm so sorry I'm late Kim Go Eun :bawling: You have me forever. I will always support you. You have grabbed my heart with your smile.

Edited by 2handsintertwined
  • Like 2

Kim Go Eun cast as the female lead in Korea's first musical movie

kimgoeunjpg.jpg

It was announced that Kim Go Eun has been confirmed to play the female lead of the musical movie 'Heroine.' The actress will be playing the role of court lady Sulhee. 

This movie marks Korea's first ever musical movie and is set in 1909 centering around the historical figure, Ahn Jung Geun. The director is Yoon Jae Gyun who is known for his work in 'Haeundae' and 'Ode to my Father.'

The film will be releasing in the latter half of 2020 and will be filmed in a variety of locations around the globe including Russia and Japan. 

credit to https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/06/kim-go-eun-cast-as-the-female-lead-in-koreas-first-musical-movie

• Like 1