Kim Go Eun ♥ 김고은 ♥ 金高銀 ♥ คิมโกอึน ♥ キムゴウン - Upcoming Drama 2024: Eun Jung and Sang Yeon

Lids

"Tune In For Love" leads box office for 2 consecutive days after premiere

movie_image_(13).jpg?type=e1920

'Tune In For Love'' has become the hottest melodrama film this autumn as it has dominated the box office for 2 days in a row since the premiere.

On August 30, the statistics of Korean Film Council's Integrated Computer Network for theater tickets showed that the movie ''Tune In For Love'' (director: Jung Ji Woo, distributor: CGV Art House, producer: Movie Rock, Jung Ji Woo Film, Film Bong Ok) topped the daily box office rankings when attracting 79,111 moviegoers on August 29.

Following the opening achievement with 173,513 moviegoers on the premiere date (August 28), the movie has led the box office in two consecutive days with the accumulated audience number of 272,410.

"Tune In For Love" is about an encounter like a radio song between Mi Soo (played by Kim Go Eun) and Hyun Woo (played by Jung Hae In) and the process of them repeatedly crossing paths but missing each other during a long time before the matching of their frequencies. The movie chooses a radio show of the same name which first broadcast on October 1, 1994, as its theme and depicts a love story of a man and a woman who met like a miracle when this program started.

"Tune In For Love" surpassed 128,787 opening moviegoers of "A Werewolf Boy" (director Jo Sung Hee) - the first melodrama movie to record the highest opening number. The film also outstripped the opening records of such works as "Architecture 101" (Director Lee Yong Joo, 66,580 moviegoers), "On Your Wedding Day" (Director Lee Suk Geun, 99,411 moviegoers), and "Be with You" ( Director Lee Jang Hoon, 89,772 moviegoers). Therefore, it can be said that "Tune In For Love" has set the highest record among Korean melodrama movies.

“Tune In For Love” - the record-breaking movie that set the new record of being the romance movie with the highest opening revenue in 7 years - is receiving rapturous support from audiences of all generations, ages and genders including audiences aged 10-20 and the analog generations. In particular, everything from the cast’s acting, directing, plot, music to cinematic visuals are incredibly smooth when receiving support and praises from audiences as well as critics.

"Tune In For Love" is overwhelmingly claiming No.1 even in the ticket-booking rate. As of 8:35 am (KST) August 30, "Tune In For Love" showed the booking rate of 30.5%. This achievement is expected to continue to ahead of Chuseok holiday in September, when new works will be premiered.

Actress Kim Go Eun and actor Jung Hae In perfectly portrayed the inner-emotion development of the couple Mi Soo and Hyun Woo, who repeatedly breaking up and making up. The chemistry between the two actors brought out feelings of love, thereby reminding the audience of their love affairs when they were 20 years old. The running time of the movie is 122 minutes.

OSEN = Reporter Kim Bora / watch@osen.co.kr 

Cr Vlive Channel

Yoo Yeol narrates Mi Soo and Hyun Woo’s Love Story 

@Hong Willer  Regarding KGE in ‘A Muse’ 

Spoiler

I can understand your reaction to KGE in “A Muse” because the movie was very risqué.  But you have to understand that a lot of Korean movies are graphic and nudity and violence are part of the Korean  film culture. If you watch enough Korean movies, some of the best reviewed movies and some of the top Korean actors and actresses have starred in movies showing a lot of nudity as they deem essential to the movie by the filmmakers. Some of the movies include Old Boy (Choi Min Sook), The Handmaiden (Kim Tae Ri, Kim Min Hee, Lee Jun Jae),  Happy End (Jeon Do Yeon, Choi Min Sook), A Frozen Flower (Jo In Sung, Song Ji Hyo) are some examples.

When KGE debuted with A Muse , she pretty much swept all the new actresses awards that year and debuted in Chungmuro with a very successful start and a lot of buzz surrounding her. As she explained in her interviews, she did not lightly chose to do the movie but decided to do so only with her father’s permission due to the graphic nature of the film.  Her acting talent was recognized by Chungmuro when she won all those new. Actresses awards  that year.

Some really great articles and interviews from A Muse:

In recent years, few young actresses have burst onto the scene quite so dramatically as KIM Go-eun, the young starlet of Eungyo (2012). Playing an alluring high school girl in a literary film teeming with themes of male desire and in many ways reminiscent of the novel Lolita, KIM couldn’t help but draw attention for her first role. Aside from the taboo nature of the role itself, most remarkable was her talent, which was quickly recognized as KIM swept the Best New Actress category at every major awards ceremony in 2012 Source

In 2012, Kim was catapulted from obscurity to the center of much media buzz when she was cast as Eun-gyo, a 17-year-old high school student who awakens the lust of two men, in A Muse.[4] [5] [6] [7] Her performance swept the Best New Actress awards that year.

The 21-year-old had never appeared in a film or TV drama before, not even in a minor role; she had only previously acted in student productions or school plays. She met A Muse director Jung Ji-woo through a circle of friends and was not even aware that auditions for the film were being held. "I ended up having an audition after chatting with the director. There wasn't even any time for me to prepare," Kim recalled. She was chosen among some 300 actresses who auditioned for the part.[8] 

Apart from its provocative theme, the film featured two graphic sex scenes, which Kim admitted to feeling anxious and embarrassed about before filming, but when the cameras started, she said she became totally immersed in the character. Jung said Kim grew up through the film, saying, "Her facial expressions in the last few scenes of the film are strikingly different from the ones in the beginning. I wanted to capture the moments when she realizes how precious she is to herself and to others," adding that she showed off qualities that can only be found in someone who is unaware of her own beauty and what she is capable of.

Describing her feelings about her profession, Kim said, "When I stood on the stage for the first time, I was so nervous that I thought it would be so hard if I had to do this for the rest of my life. But from my second performance, I felt ecstatic, as if I had wings on my back, and I never wanted to step off the stage. I keep on acting because I want to hold on to that feeling."

Regarding her decision to limit her appearance in advertisements, she said, "I never thought about my image or potential endorsement deals when choosing the next film project. What worries me is what impact my appearance in commercials would have on my roles."[9] Source

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/a-muse-eungyo-review-377397

“The big highlight is unquestionably newcomer Kim Go-eun in the role of the seductive nymphet.”

”More is sure to be heard from Kim Go-eun, a drama student whose Lolita is alternately irritating and enchanting, and whose freshness and lack of self-consciousness stand her in good stead in the nude scenes. Her final monologue is so beautifully understated it conjures up tears.” 

http://blog.asianinny.com/exclusive-interviews/interview-kim-go-eun-of-a-muse/

https://www.filmlinc.org/daily/discover-a-muse-actress-kim-go-eun-seduces-the-new-york-asian-film-festival/

https://jaredmobarak.com/2013/06/24/a-muse/

• Like 3

On 8/30/2019 at 1:00 AM, ucylucy said:

"Tune In For Love" leads box office for 2 consecutive days after premiere

movie_image_(13).jpg?type=e1920

'Tune In For Love'' has become the hottest melodrama film this autumn as it has dominated the box office for 2 days in a row since the premiere.

On August 30, the statistics of Korean Film Council's Integrated Computer Network for theater tickets showed that the movie ''Tune In For Love'' (director: Jung Ji Woo, distributor: CGV Art House, producer: Movie Rock, Jung Ji Woo Film, Film Bong Ok) topped the daily box office rankings when attracting 79,111 moviegoers on August 29.

Following the opening achievement with 173,513 moviegoers on the premiere date (August 28), the movie has led the box office in two consecutive days with the accumulated audience number of 272,410.

"Tune In For Love" is about an encounter like a radio song between Mi Soo (played by Kim Go Eun) and Hyun Woo (played by Jung Hae In) and the process of them repeatedly crossing paths but missing each other during a long time before the matching of their frequencies. The movie chooses a radio show of the same name which first broadcast on October 1, 1994, as its theme and depicts a love story of a man and a woman who met like a miracle when this program started.

"Tune In For Love" surpassed 128,787 opening moviegoers of "A Werewolf Boy" (director Jo Sung Hee) - the first melodrama movie to record the highest opening number. The film also outstripped the opening records of such works as "Architecture 101" (Director Lee Yong Joo, 66,580 moviegoers), "On Your Wedding Day" (Director Lee Suk Geun, 99,411 moviegoers), and "Be with You" ( Director Lee Jang Hoon, 89,772 moviegoers). Therefore, it can be said that "Tune In For Love" has set the highest record among Korean melodrama movies.

“Tune In For Love” - the record-breaking movie that set the new record of being the romance movie with the highest opening revenue in 7 years - is receiving rapturous support from audiences of all generations, ages and genders including audiences aged 10-20 and the analog generations. In particular, everything from the cast’s acting, directing, plot, music to cinematic visuals are incredibly smooth when receiving support and praises from audiences as well as critics.

"Tune In For Love" is overwhelmingly claiming No.1 even in the ticket-booking rate. As of 8:35 am (KST) August 30, "Tune In For Love" showed the booking rate of 30.5%. This achievement is expected to continue to ahead of Chuseok holiday in September, when new works will be premiered.

Actress Kim Go Eun and actor Jung Hae In perfectly portrayed the inner-emotion development of the couple Mi Soo and Hyun Woo, who repeatedly breaking up and making up. The chemistry between the two actors brought out feelings of love, thereby reminding the audience of their love affairs when they were 20 years old. The running time of the movie is 122 minutes.

OSEN = Reporter Kim Bora / watch@osen.co.kr 

Cr Vlive Channel

Yoo Yeol narrates Mi Soo and Hyun Woo’s Love Story 

@Hong Willer  Regarding KGE in ‘A Muse’ 

Hide contents

I can understand your reaction to KGE in “A Muse” because the movie was very risqué.  But you have to understand that a lot of Korean movies are graphic and nudity and violence are part of the Korean  film culture. If you watch enough Korean movies, some of the best reviewed movies and some of the top Korean actors and actresses have starred in movies showing a lot of nudity as they deem essential to the movie by the filmmakers. Some of the movies include Old Boy (Choi Min Sook), The Handmaiden (Kim Tae Ri, Kim Min Hee, Lee Jun Jae),  Happy End (Jeon Do Yeon, Choi Min Sook), A Frozen Flower (Jo In Sung, Song Ji Hyo) are some examples.

When KGE debuted with A Muse , she pretty much swept all the new actresses awards that year and debuted in Chungmuro with a very successful start and a lot of buzz surrounding her. As she explained in her interviews, she did not lightly chose to do the movie but decided to do so only with her father’s permission due to the graphic nature of the film.  Her acting talent was recognized by Chungmuro when she won all those new. Actresses awards  that year.

Some really great articles and interviews from A Muse:

In recent years, few young actresses have burst onto the scene quite so dramatically as KIM Go-eun, the young starlet of Eungyo (2012). Playing an alluring high school girl in a literary film teeming with themes of male desire and in many ways reminiscent of the novel Lolita, KIM couldn’t help but draw attention for her first role. Aside from the taboo nature of the role itself, most remarkable was her talent, which was quickly recognized as KIM swept the Best New Actress category at every major awards ceremony in 2012 Source

In 2012, Kim was catapulted from obscurity to the center of much media buzz when she was cast as Eun-gyo, a 17-year-old high school student who awakens the lust of two men, in A Muse.[4] [5] [6] [7] Her performance swept the Best New Actress awards that year.

The 21-year-old had never appeared in a film or TV drama before, not even in a minor role; she had only previously acted in student productions or school plays. She met A Muse director Jung Ji-woo through a circle of friends and was not even aware that auditions for the film were being held. "I ended up having an audition after chatting with the director. There wasn't even any time for me to prepare," Kim recalled. She was chosen among some 300 actresses who auditioned for the part.[8] 

Apart from its provocative theme, the film featured two graphic sex scenes, which Kim admitted to feeling anxious and embarrassed about before filming, but when the cameras started, she said she became totally immersed in the character. Jung said Kim grew up through the film, saying, "Her facial expressions in the last few scenes of the film are strikingly different from the ones in the beginning. I wanted to capture the moments when she realizes how precious she is to herself and to others," adding that she showed off qualities that can only be found in someone who is unaware of her own beauty and what she is capable of.

Describing her feelings about her profession, Kim said, "When I stood on the stage for the first time, I was so nervous that I thought it would be so hard if I had to do this for the rest of my life. But from my second performance, I felt ecstatic, as if I had wings on my back, and I never wanted to step off the stage. I keep on acting because I want to hold on to that feeling."

Regarding her decision to limit her appearance in advertisements, she said, "I never thought about my image or potential endorsement deals when choosing the next film project. What worries me is what impact my appearance in commercials would have on my roles."[9] Source

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/a-muse-eungyo-review-377397

“The big highlight is unquestionably newcomer Kim Go-eun in the role of the seductive nymphet.”

”More is sure to be heard from Kim Go-eun, a drama student whose Lolita is alternately irritating and enchanting, and whose freshness and lack of self-consciousness stand her in good stead in the nude scenes. Her final monologue is so beautifully understated it conjures up tears.” 

http://blog.asianinny.com/exclusive-interviews/interview-kim-go-eun-of-a-muse/

https://www.filmlinc.org/daily/discover-a-muse-actress-kim-go-eun-seduces-the-new-york-asian-film-festival/

https://jaredmobarak.com/2013/06/24/a-muse/

Thank you . 

• Like 2

Romance film 'Tune In For Love' tops S. Korean box-office

20190830160253324883.jpg

SEOUL --"Tune In For Love", a Romance film directed by Jung Ji-woo, has topped South Korea's box-office for two days since its opening this week. This is a rare case for a non-blockbuster film to garner such popularity from South Korean moviegoers.

Data released by the Korean Film Council (KOFIC) showed Friday that "Tune In For Love", starring actor Jung Hae-in, 31, and actress Kim Go-eun, 28, maintained the top spot on Thursday by attracting 79,121 people. The film garnered 173,562 moviegoers on its opening day on Wednesday, breaking the box-office's record as a romance film.

"Tune In For Love" featuring two prominent artists depicts a love story of a couple over 10 years of time. The film's calm and retro storytelling has captured the hearts of female moviegoers, according to CGV, South Korea's top cinema franchise.

Jung, who debuted in 2013, is one of the most popular actors favored by young female film and drama fans. He has appeared in hit dramas "Something in the Rain" and "One Spring Night".

Kim debuted in 2011 and took the main role in "Eunkyo", a controversial film which depicted love between a star writer in his 70s and a high school student. Kim gained attention from international fans when she co-starred in the 2016 hit cable drama "Goblin" with actor Gong Yoo.

cr Aju Business Daily

KGE, JHI and JJW stage greeting at CGV Green Cinema 08/30/19

69512460_3200130120060217_88097240458146

69184401_3200130136726882_50824751262518

Spoiler

69629519_3200130280060201_61593102844826

69249350_3200130290060200_33704842441900

Spoiler

201908302121485510_1_20190830212249900.j

201908302050335510_1_20190830205150682.j

EDQ2wQyWsAEMcVf?format=jpg&name=900x900

Cr stylist_eel

EDUPvQ5X4AcA8rO?format=jpg&name=900x900

EDUPvREW4AEEG1p?format=jpg&name=900x900

Tune In For Love MegaTalk - they seem so much more relaxed here since the movie is doing well at the box office

Spoiler

Translation of one of KGE’s interview for ‘Tune In For Love’

• Like 3

Kim Go Eun has been appointed as a honorary ambassador for the Ministry of Environment's Resource Circulation honorary on Friday Aug. 30.

4n7ej4q69381kj7ud1a5.jpg

Spoiler

6g192mn5j01vm17o6ky7.jpg

28o6ha5xaert695os37d.jpg

l6va6l730ff9os48x8xe.jpg

0004077554_001_20190830160820892.jpg?typ

7z9mtz91960579q11nmo.jpg

201908301602320510_1_20190830160350563.j

190830162739318.jpg

k4a72ro16o575l8a80ou.jpg

e48endknp4uosnkqcwr8.jpg

Spoiler

oi23nv40pbf3l6663e22.jpg

hiyh24ni28tgtld791a9.jpg

qb507ti7d186918025d9.jpg

81278224du17ms2qtccf.jpg

8m3p8h83o023aan81614.jpg

1489wn1q82691dkb15j6.jpg

zga4s9h52vvxves7ck5s.jpg

Spoiler

fyv0t56i8f8ev08co75h.jpg

l12riu5524m176mtay5w.jpg

9132p2sx7ljan75p4sxo.jpg

jjzu7f73i958h72x2396.jpg

7o9v2ot682r4jy773604.jpg

rsv9xyoco40871ekh411.jpg

03rnygw41a1o23pbe5wn.jpg

hiyh24ni28tgtld791a9.jpg

1k707jlqqgwv85nsw8kr.jpg

40oj4b4q18z2okp0dro9.jpg

o9vb01y4z2y96pz7e55m.jpg

She made an IG post about environmental pollution back in July

D--DwFCWsAAhKdP?format=jpg&name=medium

Some snippets of her Elle magazine interview trnslaion

Spoiler

• Like 2

The film "Tune In For Love" topped the box office for the fourth straight day, making it a faster box office hit than "Architecture 101 ."

According to the Korean Film Council's tally of the combined ticket sales network for theaters on Sunday, "Tune In For Love" attracted 169,206 viewers on the fourth day of its release, topping the box office. The accumulated number of viewers is 539,258. ‘Architecture 101' attracted 492,579 people in its four-day run.

Released on August 28, "Tune In For Love " is slowly spreading word of mouth as the orthodox melodrama hits the box office. In particular, it encompasses both the digital generation and the analog generation, and has topped the box office for four consecutive days as it has been praised for its good mix of acting, directing and music.  (Biz Enter via Papago Translate)

Stage greetings on Saturday 08/31

69494096_3202898149783414_60910966518149

Spoiler

70166359_3202898959783333_10127873045377

69586178_3202898076450088_51431248232951

69494096_3202898149783414_60910966518149

69518972_3202898939783335_70569653986037

69815867_3202899096449986_16871353093193

69596625_3202899129783316_70929964118258

69455626_3202900779783151_36993962799865

Cr CGV FB

Eng Sub videos from Lotte Cinema KakaoTalk Live Chat ( turn on CC)

Edited by ucylucy
  • Like 2

Kim Go Eun On Working With Jung Hae In, Talks About Approaching 30 And Her Current Career Goal

328a4ea474ed4e2296d0a53da16a3dbc.jpeg?s=

In a recent interview with Star Today, actress Kim Go Eun talked about working with Jung Hae In in the new romance film “Tune In for Love.”

The film, which premiered on August 28, has been off to an incredible start, setting a romance film box office record on day one and remaining at No. 1 in the box office for three consecutive days.

In “Tune In for Love,” Kim Go Eun plays a woman named Mi Soo opposite Jung Hae In’s character Hyun Woo. The two continue to cross paths over the years, although the timing is never right. On working with Jung Hae In, Kim Go Eun said, “If two people who are considerate of their fellow actors meet as partners, I don’t think there’s ever an instance in which it won’t work. Jung Hae In was that kind of actor. We knew that about each other and trusted each other, so when we were filming and found something to be difficult, we helped each other get past it.”

kim-go-eun-0.jpg

Kim Go Eun is currently 29 by Korean reckoning, and on looking forward to her 30s, she said, “My goal was to become an actress viewers could put their trust in, but now I’m not so sure. I think I will have at least grown a little [by 30].”

She added, “I’ve promoted for some time without any breaks, and during that time, there were a lot of stories and misunderstandings. It was actually not as bad in the moment. I thought I should keep my wits about me and get through it, but it kept festering for years and hit me all at once. Right when I was having a hard time, I was cast in the film ‘Sunset in My Hometown,’ which was a lot of help to me. That’s how I got past [that period of my life].”

Kim Go Eun said that she wants to continue moving forward step by step. “My dream? Right now, it’s to do a lot of different types of projects. While I’m promoting as an actress, I want to do as many projects as I can. It’s important that a project does well and that the acting is good, but because my job is acting, I want to continue taking on new roles. Because there’s something to learn in everything.”

Cr Soompi

stage greetings on 9/01

cute Cine21 photo shoot BTS

• Like 3

Korea Box Office: ‘Tune in for Love’ Debuts on Top

tune-in-for-love.jpg

Opening on Wednesday, locally-made melodrama “Tune in for Love” landed on top of the South Korean box office over the weekend. The CGV Arthouse release earned $4.54 million from 685,000 admissions over five days. Directed by Jung Ji-woo (“4th Place”), the drama depicts the story of a young couple who repeatedly crosses paths and parts ways over 10 years. It stars young stars Kim Go-eun (“Coin Locker Girl”) and Jung Hae-in (Heung-boo: The Revolutionist”).

cr Variety

Korean Box Office] ‘Tune in for Love’ tops sleepy box office weekend

Before next week’s slew of holiday releases, not many head to theaters

02194343.jpg

“Tune in for Love,” which took the No. 1 spot in its debut weekend, stars Kim Go-eun and Jung Hae-in and features two lovebirds trying to get in contact with each other through a 1990s radio show. [CGV ARTHOUSE]

Spoiler

Although local films took up the top three spots at this weekend’s box office, it seems that moviegoers chose to head elsewhere over the weekend, resulting in a relatively quiet weekend at local cinemas. 

Retro romance flick “Tune in for Love” hit No. 1 in its debut weekend, selling 412,000 tickets through 1,078 screenings. Featuring actors Kim Go-eun and Jung Hae-in, the film takes the audience back to 1994 when singer Yoo Yeol was the D.J. of the popular radio program “Yoo Yeol’s Music Album.” Kim and Jung portray Mi-soo and Hyun-woo, who become each other’s first love without realizing it, but they soon go their own ways. However, they cross paths by chance a few years later but struggle to get in touch. 

Director Jung Ji-woo tells a realistic and detailed story of how difficult it is for two people to get in contact with each other in a world without smartphones or the Internet. 

Horror film “Metamorphosis” dropped a place from last weekend but still managed to gather 364,000 moviegoers at 934 screens. According to Naver reviews, netizens praised the stars’ impressive performances and enjoyed that the story was set in a family’s home, a place where people usually feel the safest. However, some critics said that the film lacked an appropriate ending. 

“Exit” remained in third place for the third week in a row, drawing 298,000 people to 800 screenings. Although the film is inching towards the 10-million-ticket-sales mark, it remains unclear when it will happen, as multiple local films are set to be released next week in time for the Chuseok holidays and are likely to bring the film down from its current spot in the box office. 

“Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw” fell two spots to fourth, selling 224,000 tickets through 671 screenings. 

Horror film “47 Meters Down: Uncaged” landed in fifth place in its debut weekend, attracting 192,000 moviegoers to 644 screenings. The film is a sequel to “47 Meters Down” (2017), but it is a totally separate story with different characters having to fight off a group of sharks and escape the place safely.

Cr Korea JoongAng Daily

“Tune In For Love,” #1 on the box office for 7 consecutive days since its release!

14869_19044_944.jpg

The movie 'Tune In For Love' was ranked No. 1 in the box office for a week after its release. 

The movie is also attracting attention as it shows the rapid progress of the melodrama in the off-season of theaters and in the rainy season of autumn. 

According to the Korea Film Council's integrated computer network on the 4th, the movie 'Tune In For Love', which was released on the 28th of August, continues to be number one in the box office for a week in a row and is expected to surpass 1 million viewers  mark this week.

In particular, the film was supported by the female audience and prevailed in the advancement rate of the horror film 'It: The Second Story' released today.

Meanwhile, "Tune In For Love" will hold an encore event in which tickets for "retro" will be presented on a first-come, first-served basis at the scene to reward the box office success.

cr Viva100   News Point via Papago Translate

20190904110909172690.jpg

666654_371890_53.png

KGE for Skechers 

• Like 3

The first Korean domestic musical movie “Hero” Crank In on Tuesday, September 10!

0004081370_003_20190906090121269.jpg?typ

0004081370_002_20190906090121258.jpg?typ

Spoiler

0004081370_004_20190906090121291.jpg?typ

'Haeundae' and 'International Market' director Yoon Jae Kyung attracted headlines with the filming of Korea’s first musical movie, ‘Hero’. After casting for the film including the original cast, Jung Sung-hwa, followed by Kim Go-eun, Na Moon-hee, Cho Jae-yun, Bae Jung-nam, Lee Hyun-woo, and Park Jin-joo, the movie will crank in on September 10. (Director Yoon Je-gyun, distribution CJ Entertainment, production JK film, co-production Acom CJ Entertainment.)

"Hero" depicts the last unforgettable year from the time Ahn Jung-geun, who died in October 1909 after killing Ito Hirobumi in Harbin and was sentenced to death by a Japanese court.

In commemoration of the 100th anniversary of Ahn's death, director Yoon Je-kyun's "Hero" adds significance to the fact that the original musical [Hero], which has been loved by the entire nation since its premiere in 2009, will be the first Korean film to attempt an original musical film to mark its 100th anniversary this year.

The movie "Hero" will feature not only the thrill of the musical's representative numbers but also the spectacles and emotions it has failed to show on stage. In the role of Ahn Jung-geun, the original cast Jung-hwa, who has consistently dominated the stage for 10 years from the premiere of the musical [Hero] in his role as Ahn Jung-geun, has been tapped early on to show the new "Hero" on screen.

The role of Seol-hee, an independent military informant who risks her life in the middle of enemy camp and steals Japanese information, will be play by actress Kim Go-eun, who has strong acting power and unique charm, and will try to perform her first musical performance. 

Spoiler

Jo Maria, the mother of human Ahn Jung-geun and spiritual leader of the Independence Army leader Ahn Jung-geun, will be added by the actor Na Moon-hee to add weight to drama and emotion. 

In the role of Woo Deok-soon, the comrade of the Ito Hirobumi assassination with Ahn Jung-geun, Jo Jae-yun, who was loved as a `` SKY Castle, '' was cast. While showing determination, he will show a comrade's love. 

Lee Hyun-woo joins the youngest member of the Independence Army, preparing for an assassination operation. 

The younger brother, Majinju, a brother-in-law of a youthful dumpling shop that cares for and helps independent soldiers, is cast with lively personality and energetic actor Park Jin-ju.

The actors, who gathered at the reading site in late August, immersed themselves in each character with a unique mindset and passion to portray the stories of independence fighters, including Ahn Jung-geun. “Hero” , which finished the reading in a hot atmosphere with the actors heartfelt laughter and tears, is scheduled to be cranked up at Namyangju Film Center in Gyeonggi Province on Sept. 10.

Director Yoon Je-kyun said, "I'm afraid in many ways, but I wanted to make a meaningful challenge. I will do my best to make a movie that will lasts a long time in the hearts of the audience's." Jung Sung-hwa said, “When I was cast in a musical [Hero] at first, I remember that I worked hard to keep up with the expectations of those who believed me. I'll repay you with a really good performance so that you don't go against that expectation.”

Na Moon-hee said, "Thank you for being given such a big role. I want to do my best to do well.”  Kim Go-eun, "I'm honored to be with such great directors and seniors. I will do my best with the mind that I can do well. ” 

The movie, "Hero," which will feature seven shots from Harbin and the story of Ahn Jung-geun who was there in the original musical, will crank in on Sept. 10 and shoot between Korea and Latvia.

2669_6210_5037.jpg

Cr Movie Tok  OSEN via Papago Translate

• Like 3

Jung Hae In and Kim Go Eun's movie reaches 1 million moviegoers

The healing movie "Tune In For Love" is becoming a blockbuster at Korean box office this autumn.

a7d6b058c6ab4716bb916e22d838b2dc.jpeg?s=

"Tune In For Love" - a melodrama movie that makes viewers immersed in the classic emotions this fall - is expected to reach 1 million viewers today (September 7) after 11 days of premiere. The audience is showing enthusiastic support for the victorious promotion of the melodramatic genre which has been leveling off over the past 1 year. The film is competing closely with the Hollywood horror blockbuster "IT: Chapter 2" and continues to gain big win despite the extreme seasonal slowness in the theater recently.

Along with the leap at the box office, the movie "Tune In For Love" is leading the sensation carrying the peaceful retro feel in the culture circle and cinemas. The movie's main soundtracks are constantly requested by listeners on radio programs regardless of time. The audience seems to have traveled back in time and returned to the so-near-yet-so-far period - the 90s and 2000s.

Therefore, after enjoying the work, the number of SNS posts "showing off" documents or small items related to the retro feel is gradually increasing. Notably, the middle-aged generation at the age of 40 to 50 - those who want to forever preserve the moments in that period when coincidence becomes destiny and coincidence becomes precious - have been continuously visiting the theater to enjoy the movie, thereby preparing the stepping stone for the film's long-term success.

0000559376_001_20190907082847033.jpg?typ

"Tune In For Love" is emerging as a new "healing" item film for modern people who have temporarily forgotten the time of slowness and coincidence. The movie tells about the accidental encounter like a song played on radio of Mi Soo (played by Kim Go Eun) and Hyun Woo (starred by Jung Hae In) along with the process of the two catching each other's frequency when they repeatedly came across then missed out on each other for a long time. The sensation "Tune In For Love" is receiving myriad compliments and about to hit 1 million moviegoers thanks to regular attraction and viewers' word-of-mouth.

Sports Seoul = Reporter Jung Ha Eun jayee212@sportsseoul.com 

cr Vlive Today

• Like 2

Kim Go Eun And Jung Hae In Celebrate Film “Tune In For Love” Surpassing 1 Million Moviegoers

6fef923b3c294862bda1c3e1f9101e24.jpeg?s=

Kim Go Eun and Jung Hae In’s retro melodrama film “Tune in for Love” has reached the important milestone of one million moviegoers!

The film surpassed the one million mark on September 7, on the 11th day since its release, making it the first Korean melodrama film to reach the milestone in a year. The film follows the story of two people who meet by chance, like coming across a song playing on the radio, and they try to adjust to the same wavelength as they keep meeting each other for a long period of time.

Kim Go Eun and Jung Hae In celebrated the occasion with handwritten letters of gratitude, which were shared on CGV Arthouse’s Instagram account with the caption, “‘Tune in for Love’ has surpassed one million moviegoers! Thank you to all of our audience members. We’re here to share handwritten messages of gratitude from Kim Go Eun and Jung Hae In!”

Kim Go Eun said, “Thanks to your love and support, ‘Tune in for Love’ has finally surpassed one million moviegoers! Thank you so, so much and i love you.”

Jung Hae In wrote, “Thanks to all of you who watched the film, we have surpassed one million moviegoers! Sincerely, thank you.”

Congratulations to “Tune in for Love” for the meaningful achievement!

Source (1) Cr Soompi

Stage greetings in Busan

Spoiler

Movie 'Tune in For Love' by Kim Goeun and Jung Haein has surpassed 1million viewers, the music inside the movie becomes hot topic as well!

0004082314_001_20190908081220771.jpg

Spoiler

20190908_073449.jpg

Naver

Netizens comment :

(+27,0) The last ending scene cold play fix you so good

(+20,0) Hyunwoo who's running from Oh Sarang is too far .

(+11,0) When I hear Oh Sarang, Hyunwoo, and fix you it's reminds me of Misoo, is calm but deeply imprinted, leaving me with a long journey.

(+11,0) As expected the movie is a mellodrama~ I really like it.

(+7,0) I was heartbroken at the scene of Yoon-sang's song ♡

(+4,0) This movie is weird. Every time I see it, it's different, and I keep thinking about the Ost.

• Like 2

Melodrama Proves Latest Box-Office Hit
2019090901212_0.jpg

Heartthrob Jung Hae-in's latest film "Tune in for Love" drew over 1 million viewers in 11 just days since its release late last month.

According to the Korean Film Council, the film, co-starring Jung and Kim Go-eun, attracted 1.03 million viewers as of Sunday.

It tells the love story of a young couple who come a long way over the span of 10 years as they repeatedly cross paths and part ways.

Set against the backdrop of a popular radio program in the late 1990s and early 2000s, the film brings back nostalgic memories for many viewers.

Cr The Chosun Ilbo

Melodrama, “Tune in for Love” dropped to third from the previous weekend’s top spot. The CGV Arthouse release earned $1.69 million for a total of $7.68 million after two weekends.  Cr Variety

KGE IG updates

Spoiler

Stage greetings in Daegu on 8/08

Spoiler

• Like 3

Tune In For Love releases 12 kinds of unreleased stills

15025_19328_019.jpg

The film, Tune in For Love, has unveiled 12 unreleased movie stills.

This film depicts the process of matching two people, Mi-soo (Kim Go-eun) and Hyun-woo (Jeong Hae-in), who have met by chance like a song from a radio, repeating each other for a long time.

The upcoming release consists of particularly impressive scenes in the film to express gratitude to the audience for its rave reviews.

15025_19326_016.jpg

It is also possible to measure the atmosphere of the scene with the undisclosed stills of Kim Go-eun and Jung Hae-in, who take pictures as tenderly as Misu and Hyun-woo.

15025_19331_026.jpg

It also summons them for a trip of memories and emotions through images of the moment they accidentally met again in 1997 and a still full of excitement that was miraculously reunited in 2005.

15025_19324_012.jpg

Spoiler

15025_19325_015.jpg

15025_19332_027.jpg

15025_19333_029.jpg

15025_19323_012.jpg

15025_19327_019.jpg

15025_19330_023.jpg

15025_19329_022.jpg

15025_19334_032.jpg

The film, Tune In For Love, is in excellent condition.

Cr News Point via Papago Translate

Movie 'Tune in For Love' shares a surprised picture to pay the fans for the successful movie in box-office!

20190910_122857.jpg

Netizens comments :

(+41,0) The couple really suit each other ~ I've watch the movie ^^

(+28,-1) Jung Haein and Hyunwoo is son handsome.

(+23,-1) The still cut is so fluttering ♡

(+21,-2) I want to see Hyunwoo again!~

(+13,-1) I love the scene when Misoo in yellow dress.

(+10,0) I want to see Hyunwoo ㅠㅠ

Cr Story Kpop

• Like 3

Lee Min Ho And Kim Go Eun’s Upcoming Fantasy Drama Begins Script Reading

b36f46c04c104559ba43d9867d135350.jpeg?s=

Upcoming SBS fantasy drama “The King: The Eternal Monarch” will officially kick off its production process with a script reading today (September 17 KST).

Written by Kim Eun Sook, “The King: The Eternal Monarch” stars Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun. Kim Eun Sook is the screenwriter behind hit dramas “Descendants of the Sun,” “Heirs,” “Goblin,” and “Mr. Sunshine.” Through this new drama, she is reuniting with her “Heirs” lead Lee Min Ho and “Goblin” lead Kim Go Eun.

“The King: The Eternal Monarch” is about two parallel universes of a monarchy and a democracy. Lee Min Ho will play Emperor Lee Gon, who tries to close the door between the two worlds, while Kim Go Eun will take on the role of detective Jung Tae Eul, who works with the emperor to protect people’s lives.

On September 17, TV Report shared that the cast and staff of the drama will have their script reading today at 2 p.m. at a location in the neighborhood of Sangam in Seoul.

“The King: The Eternal Monarch” will begin shooting within the second half of this year and air in the first half of 2020.

Cr Soompi

Tune In For Love Movie Review 

[Showbiz Korea] Tune in for Love(유열의 음악앨범)! It delights the newtro and the analogue generations.

Spoiler

On August 30, the press center Foreign Press Club held a ceremony for recruiting ambassadors for resource circulation!

Resource recycling is an important practice of making a global society a healthy life society.

NO Plastic Challenge, Direct Environmental Movement, Green Diver, Actor Kim Go-eun has been appointed as a Ambassador for Resource Circulation.

Please support us as a resource recycling ambassador.

Let's realize the meaning of resource circulation with the Ministry of Environment and put it into practice!

Videos of KGE for Sketcher, JM Solutions and Happy Together 4 (KBS World hasn't release full video yet)

Spoiler

ENG/ROM/HAN] Kim Go Eun (김고은) - Breathe (한숨) | Happy Together (해피투게더) Ep 602

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

“I’m Not Alone” (Vocal by Zach Holmes & Neny)

Tune In For Love movie trailer soundtrack 

OSTs in the movie 

Spoiler

1. 모자이크 '자유시대' (1993) (00:00~03:39) 2. 신승훈 '오늘 같이 이런 창밖이 좋아' (1990) (03:43~07:46)

3. 전람회 '기억의 습작'(1994) (07:53~12:55) 4. 핑클 '영원한 사랑'(1999) (13:05~17:15) 5. 루시드 폴 '오, 사랑'(2005) (17:18~20:29) 6. 루시드 폴 '보이나요'(2005) (20:40~24:17) 7. 이소라 '데이트'(2002) (24:24~27:46)

8. 토이 '우리는 어쩌면 만약에'(1999) (27:58~31:05) 9. 유열 '처음 사랑'(1993) (31:12~35:30)

Kim Go Eun sent coffee truck to support Gong Yoo, Park Bo Gum and the “Seobok” team.

EFVCPDwUcAA-wxC?format=jpg&name=900x900

Spoiler

• Like 2

Netflix to Bring Korean Retro Romance Film Tune In for Love

SEOUL, Korea – Friday, September 27, 2019

Netflix Inc., the world’s leading Internet entertainment service, announced that a melodrama film Tune in for Love will launch globally on November 5, 2019.

Tune in for Love is a young couple’s love story, in which fate keeps pulling them together and pushing them apart again as they try to figure out life on their own, and with each other.

The film starts off in the year of 1994. Mi-su, played by Kim Go-eun (Guardian: The Lonely and Great God, Cheese in the Trap) works at a bakery, inherited from her mother. Hyeon-u, played by Jung Hae-in (One Spring Night, Something in the Rain) ends up working at the shop, and they slowly start to grow feelings for each other. Throughout the next decade, Mi-su and Hyeon-u continue to cross paths, but timing is not always in their favor.

Tune in for Love is a music-filled melodrama, with songs flowing through the years, triggering nostalgia and emotion. The film depicts fresh college graduates who are faced with an economic recession due to the Asian financial crisis of 1997. It also attempts to capture two sincere young adults who try to do their best to make it through those uncertain times.

Tune in for Love is directed by Jung Ji-woo (Heart Blackened, Eungyo), and written by Lee Sook-yun (One Fine Spring Day, On the Way to the Airport).

Cr Netflix

Jung Hae In and Kim Go Eun for 'Tune In For Love.' Today's Theater simultaneous VOD

tune-in-for-love.png

The movie 'Yuyeol's Music Album', which has attracted nearly 1.3 million viewers and received a lot of praise and love from the audience, will open the VOD theater simultaneous service from today (24th). 

It is expected that 'Yuyeol's music album', which was at the center of the topic with the retro sensibilities of 1994-2005 and Kim Go-eun of Misu, and Jung Hae-in of Hyun-woo, will shine in the home theater. 

In 1994, on the first day when singer Yoo Yeol received a job to become a DJ for a radio program. "Music Album," Mi-Soo, played by Kim Go-eun,  meets Hyun-Woo in the story played by Jung Hae-in. Hyun-Woo has just been released from a juvenile detention center and he enters the bakery store that was owned by Mi-Soo and her older sister Eun-Ja (Kim Guk-Hee). Hyun-Woo begins to work part-time at the bakery store. 

At first, Mi-Soo is scared of their visitor Hyun-Woo, but they get closer as time goes by and develop feelings for each other. Hyun-Woo though carries heavy guilt from a fatal incident that happened in his past and he does not want to talk about that incident with anyone.

One day, Hyun-Woo's friends appear at the bakery store and they leave with Hyun-Woo. Mi-Soo believes Hyun-Woo will not come back. Their relationship does not end there and they cross paths several more times in the future.

This Emotional Melo Drama 'Tune In For Love,' or 'Yuyeol's Music Album' will be available through various platforms such as three IPTV companies and cable TV VOD, Naver Store, One Store, Google Play, ollehTV Mobile, GomTV, and yes24. 

And so, please support the movie 'Tune In For Love,' which depicts the process of matching two frequencies by repeating the encounter between Mi-soo (Kim Go-eun) and Hyun-woo (Jung-hae), who happened to meet each other like a song from the radio. It is expected that VOD service will be launched through various platforms and it will continue to hit the market in 2019 in the first row of homes. This was officially released since August 28 this year and can be watched through different platforms.

Cr Kdramastars

Kim Go Eun Shared Acting Experiences While Filming "Tune in for Love"

In her interview, she shared how she wanted the role as Misu in the film wherein she was reconnected with the same director Jung Ji Woo after her daring role on "Eungyo" . 

She said, "The film was a very flowing story. Even though there's not a lot of changes in the events or remarkable scenes, you'll feel sympathy after reading. There was a great power of empathy."

Spoiler

kim-go-eun-shared-acting-experiences-whi

In her interview, she shared how she wanted the role as Misu in the film wherein she was reconnected with the same director Jung Ji Woo after her daring role on "Eungyo" . 

She said, "The film was a very flowing story. Even though there's not a lot of changes in the events or remarkable scenes, you'll feel sympathy after reading. There was a great power of empathy."

The movie, wherein Jung Hae In and Kim Go Eun's role represents the modern-day romance of youths. The actress also dropped that the film is a story of self-esteem. When the other half self-esteem got low, it may be overcome depending on how the other half will handle the situation.

Furthermore, Kim Go Eun also revealed that there are times that she's having difficulties in bringing the character of a 90's person. But then she overcomes it by feeling the emotions way back then similar to today's era, as well as learning through her parents. 

On the other hand, the love story of the two doesn't communicate using love letters or emails, but rather, they send their feelings through a radio. Contrary to the real Kim Go Eun, who personally likes writing letters and buying stationary and stickers. The actress also gives the viewers hint, that some of the songs used in the film were personally picked by her. 

Meanwhile, despite the actress' success following her hit drama, "Goblin" and other achievements after that, the actress then revealed that she also suffered breakdown due to self-confidence. It gradually lowered, upon hearing criticism and other negative feedbacks towards the actress.

"I've lowered my self-esteem," she said, "but I didn't know how to regain it."

Though in order for the actress to fight her crisis,

"I spent six months alone. I started thinking about a lot of fundamental thoughts. I think about it, I comfort myself, I have read it over, and I seem to have overcome it little by little, feeling depressed and losing self-esteem seems to be another area. It's stronger, but once the wind breaks and the tension is released, it seems to be pouring all at once. " 

Kim Go Eun is expected to have 2 more upcoming projects and one is together with Lee Minho. Also, anticipate the actress songs which will be announcing its release soon. 

Cr Kdramastars

Older  articles 

Kim Go Eun and Jung Hae In Shows Undeniable Chemistry with New Film!

Spoiler

In the behind of the scene clip, the actor Jung Hae In says that he wanted to get close with the lady as soon as possible for him to be able to show a realistic romantic relationship with her co-star Kim Go Eun for the film. 

During the teaser release, fans also gave their comments on how the two were a perfect match for the film. 

" They look the best together because their personality match so well. I really can't wait for it. Jung Hae In's voice makes my heart flutter. I'm so excited to see more of his works. " one of the comments. 

Some also said that their chemistry never failed and fans were also expecting the stars to lead as the main casts for a Korean Drama or series as well. 

A lot expressed that they can't get enough of the teaser and they want to see more of the two acting together.

The Korean film will take place in the year 1994, where Kim Go Eun plays the role of Misu who falls in love at first sight with Jung Hae In's role, Hyeon Woo, upon seeing him in the bakery shop she works as a part-time worker. 

Hyeon Woo and Misu eventually developed feelings for each other and due to some events, will eventually break up. 

The production team talks about how they wanted to deliver a story of "perfect timing" on the behind of the scene clip, the director talks about how the timing for the characters were never right as well as how will Mi Su and Hyeon Woo will got to find each other way to become together.

In the documentary, the production team assures that a lot of people, especially young, will relate to the movie as well as those feeling young will get to reminisce their romance as a youth.

The film's literal title is " Yoo Yeol's Music Album" where the characters' first meeting was during Yoo Yeol's first radio airing and the viewers were also expected to know the meaning behind the title as well as how will the two lovers reconnect again.

The release date will be on August 28, 2019! 

Kdramastars

"Yuyeol's Music Album" to be the First Melodrama to Surpass 1M Moviegoers After One Year

Spoiler

kim-go-eun-and-jung-hae-in.jpeg

After remaining as the No.1 blockbuster film for consecutive days, the hit Melodramatic Korean film,"Yuyeol's Music Album" surpasses 1 Million moviegoers already. 

To thank the fans and express the casts and producers to the people who have already watched the film, the lead stars, Actress Kim Go Eun and Jung Hae In released their certification shot for exceeding 1 million. The film's director as well, director Ji Jung Woo, Kim Kuk-hee, and Kim Byung-man, joined the photo, and you can see in their eyes the immense gratitude they are feeling for the fans and audience. 

Furthermore, Kim Go Eun said as written on their placards, "thanks to your interest and love, the movie 'Yuyeol's Music Album' has exceeded 1 million viewers. Thank you so much and I love you", referring to the fans that accepted the film.

In the same picture, Jung Hae-in wrote his heart content and said, "Thanks to the audience, We exceeded 1 million viewers. Thank you very much".

Meanwhile, the No. 1 spot was stolen by the movie "IT: Chapter 2" followed by "Yuyeol's Music Album". 

On the other hand, the movie "Transformation" also then exceeded 1 million moviegoers with 1.75 million moviegoers, where the expected audience of the produce team is only 1.66.

Going back to "Yuyeol's Music Album", It was the first boxing record ever in a melodramatic film ever, breaking the record of the melodramatic film's best opening in seven years released last October 31, 2012. 

The Korean film,"Yu Yeol's Music Album" storyline will take place in the year 1994, where Kim Go Eun plays the role of Misu who falls in love at first sight with Jung Hae In's role, Hyeon Woo, upon seeing him in the bakery shop she works as a part-time worker. Hyeon Woo and Misu eventually developed feelings for each other and due to some events, will eventually break up. 

The central theme of the story is 'love is beautiful but it is indeed hard for everyone, and people won't get used to it'.

Kdramastars

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...