[Drama 2013] Marry Him If You Dare 미래의 선택

Guest msmall

I watched ep 16 again with subs n I've came to the conclusion that mirae chose seju in the end. There were a lot of hints that pointed towards sj which I missed when I watched it for the first time. Maybe because I was expecting shin-mirae ending n didn't think sj has a chance? Anyways, the biggest hint for me was the picture of mirae with her son, as pointed out by ppl here, it was taken YBS office. Why would be mirae be there with her and shin's son? To put salt on sj's wound caused by her very own self? lol Another thing, if she actually chose shin when she had already told sj that she'll wait for him, what does it tell us about her character? She knows how PERSISTENT sj is regarding his feelings for her and we even saw that sj still loved mirae after the time skip. So, he comes back a day earlier to surprise her n she says "Sj, I'm so sorry for giving you false hope but I think I'm going for shin. I was just screwing with you when I told you I'll wait for you ..." Lol I don't think mirae will hurt him again after all the speech about him giving her everything n not getting anything in return. Lastly, the last meeting of shin-mirae made me think that mirae might have gotten over shin. She was very comfortable with him- joking about dating n all. There was no tension between them n mirae didn't show any longing for him. Even her "maybe" felt more like teasing than flirting. Heck! If yookyung can move on then why can't mirae? After suffering so much in love, we do sometimes lose those feelings or atleast try to let them go. Mirae doesn't show much feelings for sj but she is trying n did not end it even when she had a good chance at dinner. Instead she said that she'll stay single till his return. Her meeting with shin immediately after this seem like a closure to me. You guys that I've always preferred shin-mirae n sj-yk pairing but this is what I concluded after watching the last ep with open mind. the only hint in shin's is the baby boy who looks like geon n I don't agree that ahjumma wont care if it was someone else's baby (different father) because I think she was happy n emotional to see that mirae led a happy life n even had a son who survived ...she did not go through the same hell as ahjumma.

That's it folks! Just wanted to post my opinion on who mirae picked but you don't have to agree with me. Its an open

ending anyway :)

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched ep 16 again with subs n I've came to the conclusion that mirae chose seju in the end. There were a lot of hints that pointed towards sj which I missed when I watched it for the first time. Maybe because I was expecting shin-mirae ending n didn't think sj has a chance? Anyways, the biggest hint for me was the picture of mirae with her son, as pointed out by ppl here, it was taken YBS office. Why would be mirae be there with her and shin's son? To put salt on sj's wound caused by her very own self? lol Another thing, if she actually chose shin when she had already told sj that she'll wait for him, what does it tell us about her character? She knows how PERSISTENT sj is regarding his feelings for her and we even saw that sj still loved mirae after the time skip. So, he comes back a day earlier to surprise her n she says "Sj, I'm so sorry for giving you false hope but I think I'm going for shin. I was just screwing with you when I told you I'll wait for you ..." Lol I don't think mirae will hurt him again after all the speech about him giving her everything n not getting anything in return. Lastly, the last meeting of shin-mirae made me think that mirae might have gotten over shin. She was very comfortable with him- joking about dating n all. There was no tension between them n mirae didn't show any longing for him. Even her "maybe" felt more like teasing than flirting. Heck! If yookyung can move on then why can't mirae? After suffering so much in love, we do sometimes lose those feelings or atleast try to let them go. Mirae doesn't show much feelings for sj but she is trying n did not end it even when she had a good chance at dinner. Instead she said that she'll stay single till his return. Her meeting with shin immediately after this seem like a closure to me. You guys that I've always preferred shin-mirae n sj-yk pairing but this is what I concluded after watching the last ep with open mind. the only hint in shin's is the baby boy who looks like geon n I don't agree that ahjumma wont care if it was someone else's baby (different father) because I think she was happy n emotional to see that mirae led a happy life n even had a son who survived ...she did not go through the same hell as ahjumma.

That's it folks! Just wanted to post my opinion on who mirae picked but you don't have to agree with me. Its an open

ending anyway :)

Beside the baby in the epilogue photo, I wonder why the husband was not in the pic....  I mean, if it really was KS, wouldn't FMR and FKS like to see how happy they became with each other and son???
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, and I probably am, but is there another reason why the husband is not in the photo...  if it was me, I would have taken a pic of the whole family....
It somehow feels like if it wasn't KS who she chose and FMR and FKS sees that, it'll be a wee bit awkward.. even if I know that they'll be happy for MR..
But I'm probably wrong...  I read too much into it...  

There is no pic of the husband because they didn't want to give it away who she picked.   Why go through all that smile at someone  at the end and then give it away totally in the epilogue.   The important thing for FMR was the baby who grew up happily, not who she had the baby with.  She had her KS and if Mirae didn't pick him that's fine.  But she got to see at least one world where MR's baby grew up healthy and happy.   I guess she can see no matter what what she did was not in vain. 

You meed to watch with open mind to know all the hints. The first time I watch me too thinks she accepted Kimshin as she took off the ring. But when u see it freely you can get the answer. The writer really a subjective person that wants viewer to think out of the box.

@Alex777 I Wouldn't Blame The Cast, Blame It On The Writers & Quiet Possibly The Crazy Fanboys, Fangirls & Netizens That Pressure The Writers In Making Them Go One Way When The Writers Want To Go With What They Want. 3 years is plenty to move on from heart ache and learn to love another. Time heals all as the saying goes..believe me been there done that :'(

You meed to watch with open mind to know all the hints. The first time I watch me too thinks she accepted Kimshin as she took off the ring. But when u see it freely you can get the answer. The writer really a subjective person that wants viewer to think out of the box.

Haha but there is no answer. If you want it to be Seju you see the hints as pointing to Seju, if you want it to be Kim Shin you see the hints as pointing to Kim Shin. The reality is we all saw the man Mirae was smiling at in the bts video, just a camera guy in a chair.

Guest cherishgurl

@bayam71 the PD just taking Mirae pics with her son, she didn't notice, they take that pic in Seju place.. hahaha.. And the baby is Gun.. If they want Mirae ended up with SJ, they will change the son with other baby.. whatever.. it's open ending.. I believe Mirae ending with Shin.. Done!

MR might have seen SJ when she walked back to the bookshop but I am sure she and ks are meeting up on Xmas eve night as both of them said they have something on tt day right!... To me, MR is meant for KS... As for SJ he should look for another girl who love him alot and as kind as MR... :D

@cherishgurl its ok who do you want to believe Mirae end up with. but from the reason i stated clearly she choose Seju. it will be too cruel if she said she will wait for Seju answer and after Seju come back she chose Shin. 
For me the scripts more reclining to Seju. and the closure at the park with kimshin its kinda obvious for me.i seriously believe Seju Mirae is the done deal for writer Na Mirae

It's finally over, and HAHAHAHAH, until the very end, the writer couldn't make a stand and gave a pseudo open ending that left out the titular CHOICE in Mirae's choice. There's a reason why this drama has such low ratings.
In any case, I can only accept Kim Shin as the baby daddy because of the last scene--the baby wouldn't have mattered so strongly to Future Mirae otherwise. The writer may have spinelessly gone down the route of the non-reveal, but that's irrelevant, since Kim Shin is the only outcome.
Good for Yookyung, getting the success that is due her, and good for Kim Shin, being able to stick to his principles and still live properly, and good for Writer Bae, continuing to be the awesome woman that she is. Everyone else, I don't care about, especially not Mirae, who was wishy-washy until the end, wearing and removing Seju's ring with her usual pathetic brand of irresolution.
This drama failed both as a rom-com and and as a feminist story.

this is an open ending..the writer left it to us to make our own conclusion so I'd rather believe my own judgement. after all it is as we saw it. however, i am having fun reading the arguments here. amazing how we we see an ending in two different views. 
well, i won't say the SJ/MR shippers are wrong in their conclusion just as i hope you will also not say we are wrong in thinking it was KS after all. :D no one really knows but the writer herself. unless she came out in an interview and explain clearly who she thinks MR chose, then that's the end of the argument. but hey...continue to list awesome points, 
@cherishgurl @star+roll i think we have the same thinking.  :P

class="entry-title"Mi Rae’s Choice: Episode 16 (Final) Posted in K-Drama Recaps by Hanjae

irH7zTqE5DEpT.jpg

We’ve travelled all the way with our characters to the end of the line, but whether the journey is ultimately rewarding or even satisfying for characters and viewers alike… is up in the air.

The final episode brings us back full circle as we once again consider the role of human choice in fate’s dictates. The running theme of “hope” also continues to drive Mi Rae’s motivations in her fight for her career and her dreams, but I find myself left with more questions and loose ends than answers, coupled with the unsettling feeling that hope is more often empty than it is fulfilled.

http://crazy9drama.wordpress.com/2013/12/07/mi-raes-choice-episode-16-final/

Archived