[Drama 2013] Marry Him If You Dare 미래의 선택

Guest msmall

Guest prettybo

I didn't realize the SW & the PD will take my suggestions seriously. .  Somewhere between the 3rd &

4th episodes) when viewers a.k.a. "us" started speculating on various endings depending on which coupling they want to end together, i mentioned how in Hollywood the production team will usually keep their ears on the ground to check the pulse of the viewers and would prepare at least two or several ending scenarios so they can meet the "finale" expectations of the greater majority or the 'loud" majority.

For whatever reasons, the storytelling veered towards a clear state of confusion to the point even the SW maybe is not aware who MR will choose so they had to make the brilliant audience exercise their right to choose instead.   ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I should have made a bet with someone! At least I would have won something. . .  .

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

liltash85 said: @lovegirl82 I agree with you. After I rewatched actually there is a lot of hint pointing to Mirae choosing Seju over Kimshin other than the panel picture and the hands thingy (as not many realized this hints). 1. When Miranda ASK MR to breakup with Seju, she declined. Even when Miranda using Kimshin and Kimshin future, she is firmed with her decision not to breakup with Seju. And even said that don't think money and power can buy people's heart. At this time I assume Mirae wants to start loving Seju for the man he is. 2. After the incident, I think Mirae realized that if she doesn't improve herself she can nvr protect Seju from ppl like Miranda. N if she doesn't be better person, she will end up being the one that always received. Like she said Seju gave her everything but she couldn't give Seju anything as Seju has almost everything. So by being a better person in a way is giving Seju a better other half. 3. "Don't wait for me if you met a better future" is different from "Don't wait for me n find another woman". Mirae now is giving Seju to make THE CHOICE. 4. "If when you come back and your heart doesn't change, you can come to me and give me this (the ring) then". It means Mirae choose to wait for Seju's answer. Its simply say, I wont go anywhere you know where to find me. And its like a promise to keep herself single until Seju decided. 5. The reason why she doesn't want to follow Seju is because she wants to be independent and not clings to Seju. If abroad definitely she will be 101% dependent on Seju. 6. When she said about those Christmas Miracle, both lines are when Seju is the one passing her. And the smile she had at the last scene is the smile you had when you haven't met someone for so long. 7. Oppa's son name is Gun. Why she named her nephew Gun when she is choosing Kimshin. And when she knew that is FMR son's name. 8. Like I said. If she want to choose Kimshin, she can choose right away when she came to meet him at NTN yard. But she don't. She even make it clear to Kimshin that she do not want to meet him after that. I think she wants to learn loving Seju and she doesn't want interference from Kimshin. 9. The way she parted with Kimshin is in a friendly way. The way she used to do with Seju. Not like a lover way. By then she already accepting Kimshin as friend. 10. The backhug scene. If she really is rejecting Seju completely she will stop Seju from continuing hugging her. But she didn't. She even crying. She knews just how much Seju love her and she should give him a chance. Thats is my POV. You can disagree but I am writing a POV for SeMi shippers out there who maintain to stay on the ship. ♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

Guest mayzie10

@liltash85 I agree with all the points you brought up. It was like reading my own thoughts. LMAO.
I was thinking the same way especially about these scenes.

If she doesn't be better person, she will end up being the one that always received. Like she said Seju gave her everything but she couldn't give Seju anything as Seju has almost everything. So by being a better person in a way is giving Seju a better other half. 

"If when you come back and your heart doesn't change, you can come to me and give me this (the ring) then". It means Mirae choose to wait for Seju's answer. Its simply say, I wont go anywhere you know where to find me. And its like a promise to keep herself single until Seju decided. 
Mirae said she wanted to make herself better for Seju when she could have said she wanted to be independent and be better and capable woman for herself, but she said it's for Seju. She also said, if after 3 years, Seju still feels the same way to come back to her and give the ring to her. It's as if she has decided that it's Seju and she will not have a change of heart regarding that decision even after 3 years. It's all up to Seju now.
The way she parted with Kimshin is in a friendly way. The way she used to do with Seju. Not like a lover way. By then she already accepting Kimshin as friend. 

Yes, here I was surprised that Mirae was so calm or relaxed, and the scene has a friendly atmosphere to it unlike before when they have a scene together, it has tension and pent-up emotions(?). (Sorry, I'm not good at describing feelings/emotions. lol).  It's like at that moment she only view Kim Shin as a friend. And she confidently said that she won't be dating Kim Shin. lol. She has decided. I think, it's a proper(?) goodbye or closure.
An MV of SeMi using YEH's song "Love is Blind".Watching the MV with this song makes me melancholic. It's like a melodrama.

from DaumOriginal video - http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=54826383&rtes=y
P.S.Don't think that I'm saying this because I'm a SeMi shipper. I don't mind whoever Mirae ends up with because YEH surely has good chemistry with both leads and I enjoy watching ShinRae and SeMi moments. So I'm fine whoever Mirae chooses. I watched the last episode with an open mind. At first I even thought, Mirae ended up with Shin because I just watched some scenes without English subs but I changed my mind after watching the whole ep with subs.

mayzie10 said: @liltash85 I agree with all the points you brought up. It was like reading my own thoughts. LMAO.
I was thinking the same way especially about these scenes.

Mirae said she wanted to make herself better for Seju when she could have said she wanted to be independent and be better and capable woman for herself, but she said it's for Seju. She also said, if after 3 years, Seju still feels the same way to come back to her and give the ring to her. It's as if she has decided that it's Seju and she will not have a change of heart regarding that decision even after 3 years. It's all up to Seju now.
Yes, here I was surprised that Mirae was so calm or relaxed, and the scene has a friendly atmosphere to it unlike before when they have a scene together, it has tension and pent-up emotions(?). (Sorry, I'm not good at describing feelings/emotions. lol).  It's like at that moment she only view Kim Shin as a friend. And she confidently said that she won't be dating Kim Shin. lol. She has decided. I think, it's a proper(?) goodbye or closure.
An MV of our SeMi using YEH's song "Love is Blind".Watching the MV with this song makes me melancholic. It's like a melodrama.

It's all good to look for clues for Seju end, but how is she going to fall in love with him in 3 years when he's away when she didn't like him when he was around?   :-?  It's kind of difficult.   anyway, I don't think she ended up with either one of them now.  8-}

Guest cherishgurl

Mirae finally ended up with KimShin.. that's why Mirae send her son pictures via pandora box, because FMR and FKS wanted to see their son grow up..

just want to vent my disappoinment thoyght maybe ir's too late.

yah writer-nim...what you've been smoking? it all started with promising premise n downward spiral aftwrwards.

what is the morale lesson of this drama? that when someone told you, you're going to have bad luck you need to believe that? the plot really sucked big time...the only thing am glad is how yk can be successful on her own without having to leech to a chaebol...go yk!!!!!

@star+roll: There's people who don't know how precious someone is to them until that someone leaves them. I think that's what happened to Mirae. When Seju left her to study abroad, she probably knew how imprtant he was in her life and started to develop romantic feelings for him. But at the end, she needed to wait for his decision. Well, that's just my opinion.

Guest cherishgurl

I already know Mirae choose kimshin.. even after I watching it for the second time.. About 'Seju backhug' , Mirae didn't hug him back, she just hold him with one hand, not hug him fully, it's means she did not accept his love.. and it's normal when broke up, the boy will gave a last hug to his girl, believe me, it's mean nothing.. it's just a last hug from Seju..

lovegirl92 said: @star+roll: There's people who don't know how precious someone is to them until that someone leaves them. I think that's what happened to Mirae. When Seju left her to study abroad, she probably knew how imprtant he was in her life and started to develop romantic feelings for him. But at the end, she needed to wait for his decision. Well, that's just my opinion.

Guest bayam71

For those who wants to see the Chinese Baidu tieba analysis of the picture in the box RE the background panel, here's the link. The pictures says all even if you don't understand Chinese. It is Seju's place right down to panel, picture and chair. http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2741977650

, lovegirl92, mayzie10,
I share exactly the same feelings as all of you - that she chose Seju in the end. I was nodding my head over @liltash85 's point for point analysis, because I saw them too.

Even though the ending was open ended, there seem to be a lot of hints that it is Seju. I watched Ep 16 like, 5 times to figure it out. At first, I thought it was ambiguous, that it could be either...but later, I thought things through, and it really felt for me that when she went to seem Kim Shin at NTN, it was a form of closure for her. Her words were gentle, but they had a finality about them - she said, "Now I don't have to be by your side because you have others to help you" and it reminded me of an earlier scene, when FMR was scolding her and asking her why she insists on liking KS, and she said because she felt bad for him, her heart hurts to know all the stuff he had to go through. Her attraction and liking for him was also mixed with sympathy that he had such a 'bad fate'. and as we all have seen in the series, Mirae has a soft spot for people with sad stories - grouchy ahjussi who owned the stationery store, and the man who lost his son in the humidifier incident, it's just her nature to care about these things and to want to make a difference. And she says over and over, that KS was someone who helped her a lot. So there is a lot of looking up to, as well as adoration, mixed in with her own personal feelings of liking him. But it really felt that from the things she said to him, that she had moved on from him, that she is choosing to let him go in this timeline/universe.

And KS knows it too - she had said jokingly to him when she saw him at NTN that "did you think I'd want to get together with you? after how much you hurt me?" and KS had also previously told FMR that he has hurt her too much already in the present. They both know that there were some things that cannot be changed. KS was given the choice many times to be honest with Mirae about why he was choosing to act a certain way, in fact, she was so in tuned with him and what was happening that she knew too, and asked him several times if his decisions to push her away was influenced by FMR. But he instead chose to not tell the truth to her, and say instead that she was blind and dumb to think that he liked her. And even when he learned later from FMR that FMR and MR are two different people, he told her it was too late already as he's hurt her too much.

With Seju - the past 3-4 episodes, it really felt that she was giving them a chance as a couple. And she seemed genuinely enjoying herself - going to the party with him, linking arms, shopping etc. Her reaction when he put the ring on her, or when everyone talked about them getting engaged was justified to me, because I think she might feel that it's too fast too soon. And seriously, dating a chaebol has its complications - no one would give her credit for her hard work, everyone thinks it's because she has her boyfriend's backing. Plus the fact that Seju's grandma looks down on her and thinks she's not good enough.

I think if Mirae was really uncomfortable with him, she would never have led him on the way she did. She might be indecisive, she might still be getting over her feelings for KS but her character has always been straight and honest. She's shown how bad she is if she tries scheming. Remember the hilariously awkward water scene in the car wash? :) Or her fake alcohol debacle?! OMG!

Also, I won't be able to forgive her if she was breaking up with Seju, but asks that he comes back to give her the ring if he still feels the same way!!! :( That would be totally leading him on. So for me, the most logical reason is that she really wants them to work out, but she wants to be a stronger and better person first. That for me is Mirae's Choice, that she is choosing to be her own sovereign person, a person who can stand her own ground, and come into her own power, a queen for her king (to put it cornily) instead of a Cinderella.

The other telling thing is that when FMR asked what she was going to put into Pandora's box, she said she didn't know yet...because she didn't know what the Future would bring, and she didn't want it to influence what she did in the now. She didn't know if Seju and her would be together, or how her life would be or who she'd be with. But we all know from her swimming with the fishes scene, that she wants to try her best. Like she always tells her oppa, even one drop of clean water in the ocean will make a difference if we kept trying.

Lastly, I believe that the hand at the end with FMR is KS's hand. Because the black man already said that Mirae and FMR are two different people, and nothing she did in the present will change her future. So I believe that that is her KS, and my hope is that with his hand over hers, they are showing that the two of them have rekindled their love for each other, and have started cherishing each other again, and so will live well and lovingly till the end of their lives. I say that becasue FMR had said earlier that her KS and her lived like 2 strangers for 20 years. So the hand over her hand is a happy ending for her too.

The Pandora box - I think was Mirae's way of showing her that she's living well, and that she is happy. I have to say though the little boy grown up looks A LOT more like Oppa's Gun than Mirae's own son! lol. So I was wondering if it's actually Oppa's Gun. Hmmmm...

Ok, that's it. I should be getting back to work! LOl. But thank you everyone! You made me laugh so much about the ending, that it took  away the bitter edge of not having any real hot awesome romance between the leads (all four of them!!!) Grrrrrr!!! And it made a confusing drama ok to watch becasue we were all sharing our opinions and venting here on Soompi. :)

Guest coffeejen

mellowdy

said:On a positive note, the media have nothing but praises for all the actors' performance and it's really the writer being blamed for the mess that happened in MHIYD. 

MARRY HIM IF YOU DAREif she ended up with Se Joo then the title is meaningless ... there's a challenge in the title of the drama !! if she chose Se Joo then she lost the challengeMR_KS fan here :DI loved Kim Shin soooooo much i hated the last 4 episodes because there was no -NM-KS moments . they had an amazing chemistry together , i wished there would be a kiss scene , i waited until the finale episode for that kiss scene but it didn't happen , i liked the drama because i knew she would end up with KS but since the ending disappointed me soooo much i won't rewatch the drama , they should put a closure and i agree about Se Joo is the one who she ended up with because she told him to wait for her and that she has to become a better person to give him somethingahhh no one told her about the Parallel universe theory , i know she told the FMR that no one can change the past but how did she find that out??there're many questions that need answeri'm so disappointed ,i thought that the plot of the drama was good and interesting but as the drama progressed it became bad and only tragedies were happening , i didn't see Yoon Eun Hye smile while in the early episodes she smiles and laughed , it' like they sucked the energy out of her ,and i wanted to see Kim Shim ending up with MR and working things together and not doing the same mistakes FNM did , i know the two Mi Rae's are different but it's like the past Na mi rae didn't learn anything from FMR except that she shouldn't marry Kim Shin ahhhhh am so frustrated :((

For those who wants to see the Chinese Baidu tieba analysis of the picture in the box RE the background panel, here's the link. The pictures says all even if you don't understand Chinese. It is Seju's place right down to panel, picture and chair.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2741977650

It might be Seju's room but it's Shin's kid...I think kid trumps room...but they sure did a good job of driving everyone crazy guessing.

by the way there's something people didn't notice1-when Se Joo came back he said to the driver/secretary that he had a place to go to after asking him if that day was the 24th(because NM's book will be released on the 24th) so he wasn't sure about the timing even thought he loved her and he should've been sure  ... i know this is meaningless but this is the first point2-when NM goes to the library she leaves and then she forgets something (maybe paying for the book) but the fact that she was leaving means she wasn't supposed to meet anyone in the library and the look in her face after she saw that person , i didn't think it looked like she saw someone she hasn't seen for a long time cuz i wasn't a strong surprised look for someone she haven't seen for 3 years
3- the photos she sent to the Future MR i guess hey were pictures showing her son growing up because the Future NM and KS didn't get to see their son grow up so how can the past NM have the same son with Se Joo but still i think the son is her brother's :D cuz he looks the same as her brother's son
now let me tell you why i think Se Joo is the one :1-she told him to wait for her if he can and she held his hand when he backhugged her2-the future KS .. when the present KS said Na Mi Rae , the future KS said that he misses that name even though his wife had died , but "I Miss that name" is too weird for him to say about his wife and i think this future KS is the same one as the Present KS not from another parallel universe
anyways , this is why i think no one should say she ended up with KS or SJ no one knows who she ends up with and that what's killing methey're trying to make Reply 1997/1994 but with a horrible ending :((( i liked all the actors btw they did an amazing job

Archived