[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

Glad that Secret is considered one of the year's top dramas.

It's also on the overseas list http://tryp96.wordpress.com/2013/12/10/the-most-popular-korean-dramas-overseas/

Korea Foundation for International Culture Exchange (KOFICE) conducted a survey of ’5 most popular Korean dramas overseas’ through foreign correspondents in 26 countries/regions during the final week of November. And here’s the result:

#1 SBS The Heirs (currently airing)
#2 MBC Gu Family Book (April – June 2013)
#3 KBS Secret (Sept – Nov. 2013)
#4 SBS Master’s Sun (Aug. – Oct. 2013)
#5 SBS I Can Hear Your Voice (June – Aug. 2013)

Wah, everyone starting to making ranks of 2013 K Dramas. But those that already posted were mainly based on international opinions, be it of fans, journalists/critics/PD.

Here if we want to know what Korean people says about what their most favorite dramas of 2013:

Official Nate Drama Awards 2013 (interim result per Dec 13 8 AM KST, b'coz the voting is still ongoing)

http://www.nate.com/mainevent/endyearevent/view.asp?seq=8

1st: Gu Family Book (MBC)  1,337,525 votes
2nd: Master's Sun (SBS)        477,964
3rd; I Hear Your Voice (SBS)  404,143
4th: Secret (KBS2)                  335,538
5th: Heirs (SBS)                         61,545
6th: Good Doctor (KBS2)           26,736
7th: Answer Me 1994 (tvN)         7,193
8th: That Winter the Wind Blows (SBS)   5,177

http://www.nate.com/mainevent/endyearevent/view.asp?seq=8

See that rank 1-4 far outnumbers the ranks below them.  And quite different from most of international results, right?  :P 

In Korea, they mostly vote for the ones that are good, much more clear from any biases that many international fans have (and those shows voted are ofc the ones with good ratings, b'coz Korean viewers are the ones who give the ratings for their shows; so unlike we international fans who often don't agree on the ratings of some shows, Koreans mostly agree). 

It's pretty legit b'coz you must have Nate account, every account can only vote 1x per day. Online account in Korea particularly for Nate, Naver, Daum, and TV stations are pretty legit b'coz you must insert security numbers, ID, and home telephone when you register. So the chances of underhanded multiple/methods of votes are pretty minimal compared to international  "just for fun"  sites   :)) :)) :))

The Top Ten Kdrama Kisses Of 2013
secrets.jpg?w=600

Kdrama kissing scenes are memorable for several reasons. They may be poignant, signifying something important in the plot. They may be clever such as the coca cola kiss in "Lie To Me" or the foam kiss in "Secret Garden." Or they may just be great kisses. Here are our contenders for the top ten kisses in 2013.
"Secrets"There are things to like and resent about the first kiss between Hwang Jung Eum and Ji Sung. At first he seems to force it and she resists because she thinks the kiss is part of his plan for revenge. Then he kneels before her and she realizes that he really likes her. The next part of the kiss is willing and tender.
© 2013 KDramaStars.com All right reserved.
Full Article

@alex777, thanks for your review of Secret which I enjoyed reading (especially the villain bit - please see my avatar).  I haven't watched "Nice Guy " myself but many people like it. Maybe you'd like to try it since it stars Moon Chae Won?

Let's hope other Secreteers can give you their K-drama recommendations for a revenge drama. Bae Soo Bin also starred in 49 Days, which is not a revenge story. It's one of the very few K-dramas which I've watched - love it (but not as much as Secret).

Guest Asianatic

@alexx777I  reccommend the Thai Drama  Jam Loey Rak. He takes revenge on her because he mistakenly  thinks his younger brother killed himself because of her .  Instead of a forced kiss there is rape......I know it sounds awful ......but it's not. By then he's fallen for her and she's trying to run away ( he has kidnapped her to his private island). He thinks of her as this bad materialistic maneater but after the rape he finds out she's a virgin and he feels terrible. He tries to win her love and begs for forgiveness but she insist he take her back to where she lives.  She happens to live with her rich cousin who actually was the one who dumped the younger brother. The rich cousin goes after him seeing how rich he is and he plays along for revenge but his heart is already taken by the girl he tortured mistakenly.  She has childhood guy friend and he gets very jealous. They hardly show the rape scene and it also happens in the heat of the moment like the kiss in Secret. 

I think Hwang Jung Eum is very pretty too! Of course, I think she was more beautiful before her many plastic surgeries...
I've over-looked how "fake" the plastic surgeries have made her look... because she's an amazing actress,
she can still convey ALL of the emotions many can't after surgeries... and I can still see her "old" face peeking through
her new face.

Hwang Jung Eum is BEAUTIFUL! I don't care about plastic surgeries, or whatever someone's reason for doing it. She was beautiful without it and she is still beautiful now. And when she acts.........***NO WORDS*.....she's freaking amazing! To tell you guys the truth, I actually started watching the drama because of her, I saw her in that scene where she loses her baby and call's her boyfriend in the prison, her expressions and acting was top notch! Oh yeah and she has got a killer body  :D

I mean if we were gonna dislike someone in Korean entertainment industry because of plastic surgery then we gotta hate like 99.9% of everyone right?

Guest Asianatic

I found HJE's face weird  in Full House  Take 2 but in Secret she looks beautiful.  Even with PS,  she is so expressive. She really is a natural infront of the camera. As someone said her figure is fab! Very nice proportions. I'd rather watch her dramas than natural  beauties like KTH or SHK  who don't have much range and depth  when it comes to acting. 

Guest Asianatic

Still reminiscing about  MH and YJ. I think he first called her YJ-ah when he went looking for her  after she gets a warning from his dad. When he  was pleading with her to open the door  and talk  to him face to face. She says some hurtful things to make him leave.  He tells he's leaving  but hangs around for a bit .  She thinks he left and cries  her heart out. He hears  her and I think he realizes she cares for him because next thing  you know he  has followed her and pulls her into his arms backwards. This drama had  a lot of her falling into his arms....like when he had her by the throat, when she was trying to stop the fight at TGIF, when he got drunk and he called her to drive...........Whoever gets the dvd first ........it would be nice  to share and discuss the extra  goodies  that come with it.

Well many ppl here already knows I'm one of HJE's fan (since early 2013 through IoM). So I guess I don't really need to defend her again (besides, many of posters above already did it anyway hahaha...).  It's not only her fans who made it up about her beauty anyway, there actual proofs that many pollings/surveys have often recognize her as one of ideal beauty standard, particularly in Korea.

Everyone have different opinions, it's OK. What bugged me is, no offense to @alex777, sorry but I think it's unnecessary to keep going on & on mentioning it again & again in your every posts about how you dislike her face. I think once is enough, everyone got it already the first time you mention it, so no need to keep repeat it.

Anyway now on to KBS Award, KBS is much easier than SBS & MBC for us foreigners b'coz it has English language option. Last year I vote for Gaksital therefore I still remember how to register & vote:

1 ID 1 vote per day. This voting will end on 28 Dec 12am KST

Go to http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/2013award/vote/netizen_f/index.html for Popularity Male/Female (HJE's 황정음 name is in bottom left corner) & http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/2013award/vote/couple/index.html for Best Couple (JS-HJE is in second column from the right, on the third row).

After you click your choose, Click OK

A new pop up window will appear as below. Login with your details if you already have an account. If not click register. 

How to register (for new users):
Go to http://english.kbs.co.kr/ and click ‘Register’ at the top right corner.
After which scroll down and you will see this click the ‘Foreighner Living in Aboard’image
then follow the instructions for registration.

After that, go back to voting page and click on your choices again (HJE, JS-HJE, JS or BSB whoever you wish) & then click the orange button always for two question box after that.

AND IT"S DONE!!!     

PM me if you have any questions/difficulties  :D

@eka1983, hii...nice of you to say that but I was just trying to set some things straight.
Found a comment by a certain somebody to be extremely annoying..couldn't take it any longer, had to say something. Wanted to say that Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Beautiful without having personality or spunk is just plain boring, I think more than being beautiful, Hwang Jung Eum has that certain something, that even when put up against an illuminatingly beautiful heroine, I would still want the hero to fall head over heels in love with Hwang Jung Eum's character.  :x