[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

Guest fantast1k1

Morning after feels!

The backhug is now confirmed to be in slow mo eh? As opposed to just my wonky internet connection? Seriously, it was too staged I felt. I think any normal person not expecting anything, no matter how deep in thoughts you are, would've at least yelped when grabbed midstep. Also it's so unbelievable how he just appeared out of nowhere. At least show his car pulling up behind the bus and him running to grab her. While everything else so far has some realism in it, this one is asking for too much. Another way would be panning out and letting us see MH hovering somewhere nearby. And when the bus pulls over, he comes running after her and pulling her ala embrace in The Master's Sun at the traffic accident. That was one hug that had ALL OF MY FEELS. So I cracked up last night, seriously just laughing all over my keyboard and I don't doubt that it would happen again.

Let's see. Reading some of the translation, I really loved how now Wuthering Heights has a whole new different meaning. Why didn't we see it?!?! We were just so intent on Revenge that grew out of Love instead of what the writers were actually driving at: Love that grew out of Revenge. It's so clear and duh now that it's really quite terrible that we needed it to be spelt out. Hur. We were so intent on the whole MH and JH and his revenge when it's so clear that the story is about MH and YH and their love. Ahhh, the brilliance! LOVES IT.

Also, I think I read some translation about Viper thinking of harming MH's dad to bring MH to her. HAHAHAHAHA. What a load of crock, that one. I'm thinking if anyone dies, it'll be the father and it'll be through SY's manipulations and DH's own hands. So both will end up in jail. SWEET. And yes, if the whole wedding gown thing is something that will happen, I think MH will leave her at the altar or not even turn up. Because the deluded woman DOES NOT SEEM TO GET IT THROUGH HER HEAD.

Other than that, it's so nice to see MH standing up for YJ. To know that he's grown and will be all ROAR! MY WOMAN! Even in the face of abandonment from KGroup. On the other hand, however, while YJ remains awesome and like a total boss in front of DH. I REALLY, REALLY WANT HER TO STOP APOLOGISING. While it's a nice humble act for the first time and we understand how she's always sorry and guilty and yada yada yada, SHE NEEDS TO STOP APOLOGISING TO THE WRONG PEOPLE. IT IS SO FRUSTRATING!! I won't call it self-pity but it comes close and it's such a turn off honestly. I should go rewatch the episodes and see how many times she said sorry. Ergh.

Best scene for 13: The whole heartbreaking conversation over the huge door. And all that yelling! And the tears! And the heartfelt conversation. Ergh.

SHOW!! YOU HAVE MY HEART FOREVAH!!!!

YEAY! There's our ending...devoid of death cliche...as @falloutjane stated LOVE that grew out of Revenge! Brilliant indeed!

Luv it! Luv it! Luv it!

There is a really interesting convo that goes back to the Wuthering Heights theme, Im not sure if anyone else posted about it and I somehow missed it, but anywhoo

MH"The Wuthering Heights you gave me, I finished it. Revenge that starts with love ends with tragedy. Right?"
SY "I have to go"
MH "What I want to know is, if its the opposite, love which starts from revenge, What happens to that?"

Well EB goes through that, as (in a similar way to this story) WH is a tale of two halves; the love into revenge which ends tragically, and then the second half years later where love comes from that revenge, which ends kinda happily. Maybe the writers are giving us the clue that it is going to end well. As long as they arent posing MH as Heathcliffe.

Guest fantast1k1

Welcome to the sexiness of Ji Sung! It's never too late for anything, everything! It's better now than later!

I couldn't believe I first fell in love with him in All In! I meant I could, did believe it but through all those hot and steamy love scenes of Lee Byung Hun and Song Hye Kyo! That's some kind of management!

Oh my! First time hearing that All In has an LBH and SHK steamy love scenes! I will check that out...Thank you @ymiss! Mwahh!

Guest atomickitty

thanks @ymiss for welcoming me. I can be slow at times. Ya.. I still had him in the same "Oh you're so adorable I wanna squeeze your cheeks" category that I still have Song Joong Ki in. The face cheeks people, not the lower one!!

I'm guessing that one (Joong Ki) is gonna come back from the army and blow me away. I'm ready for it!!!

Many interactions between MH and YJ in Episode 13 which I loved! I swear, I love every single scene with them in it even the violent ones where he choked her in Episode 2. They're just sooooo hot together! SECRET is my favorite drama of 2013!!!!! ^:)^

I know everyone thinks that the bus/backhug scene was so fake and corny, but I LOVED IT! Everything about it was just perfect for me... the way he came out of nowhere and ran to her in slow-mo... then he grabs her and she steps back... and falls perfectly into his arms (which were positioned just right, by the way)! The scenery was absolutely breath-taking! I can't wait to see them smiling and laughing with each other in tomorrow's episode...

Loved the scene where she flashbacked to the toll booth scene in Episode 1 where he tells her "I'm a customer you should love" which is so ironic because she really did fall for him! I just love the parallelism and symbolism in this drama! Everything works perfectly... did anyone notice DH and SY's nasty richard simmons car scene again with her trying to get into her car and he won't let her... I swear, this drama and its repeat scenes with different situations and emotions!

Loved the scene of YJ and DH in his office where she tells him off! She was so confidently frightening! I got goosebumps watching that scene... "Stop acting like the victim. You make me sick. Don't call my name."

Loved the scene where MH tells YJ not to kneel down for anyone! That if anyone should kneel, it'll be HIM! Wahhhhhh! YJ is so used to taking care of other people... and apologizing for others that it's really different when someone else is willing to do it for her! While in the bathroom, with YJ telling MH that she wanted to apologize... and that she could do anything other people told her to do if it meant she could help her boss... did anyone get flashbacks to YJ's noble sacrifice in Ep 2 where she voluntarily confessed to the crime in DH's place... begging him (as a Prosecutor) to save her and her boyfriend? Instead of DH, YJ is now putting herself in the line of fire for MH... awwwwhhh... 

Loved it when MH yelled at his father to not touch YJ or else even if he was his father, he'll never forgive him... and that he's definitely going to protect YJ and his dad can't separate them again (again, meaning the first time with JH of course). Then he runs after YJ banging on her door... calling her Yoo Jung-ah... and her telling him she didn't want to see him anymore because she's always reminded of that day...

LOVE... LOVE... LOVE... I just love a good love story! For those who are getting impatient with the pace because no further secrets have been revealed yet... we still have 3 episodes to go! All of these secrets could be dropped like a bomb in just 10 minutes! PATIENCE dears. I'm enjoying MH and YJ's love story because I know this is just the calm before the storm... and what happens after a storm, RAINBOWS!

:-B just finished watching subbed...not disappointed one bit...BUT...it sure feels that there are a lot of secrets to be exposed....1. San?... Is he or isn't he? And if he is where and if he isn't why was DH's mother so suspicious looking?....2. Who done it? hit/run/killed JH? At the table at MH's house, it sure felt that it could be any one of the three: DH's dad, stepmom or/ and SY. 3. DH stares intently at the envelopes that SY has...why? 4. SY was discussing case, wrongdoing, not guilty, financial support, election?? All having to do with K Group, Shin group and SE Gwang....Is MH father testing MH to see how capable he is to leave k group to him in the future. 5. Some of the songs seem ominous ~~~cringe factor. :( 6. Hold 'His Hand for just a day.... =(( not a lifetime...... :-SS 7. MH's mother is not the stepmother bit why all the leery looks of having a secret????? 8. What happened that MH suffers so much for his mothers loss?? 9. My goodness DH always has such a look of disgust and pure hate when he sees or looks at YJ :-w 10. Lawyer tells MH to be CAREFUL. :-t 11. Could it be that MH's dad really isn't sick???...13 episodes and Secret is holding on to its Secrets tightly!! ......with 3 episodes left what the beegeezus!?!?!! About YJ's nun outfit.....that dress came out of nowhere or maybe it did come from a nunnery, but at least she didn't have the Haircuts she has had in other dramas i.e. FH2, ICHYV....a bad dress isn't as bad as a Horrible Haircut...in the drama MMIYD ... The two leads wouldn't dare marry a girl with that ugly, curly mess add to that no sense of style and no make up....why make the pretty actress unattractive or how about those ugly bowl haircuts that make the actresses look as if they are aliens? I'll take ugly clothes over distracting ugly hairstyles any day. Just saying... :-?? Tomorrow's episode needs to gives A LOT ...Expose ALOT ...or else I am really going to start worrying that happiness for MH and YJ will be ....fleeting. :-SS X_X :|

Guest blueivy
:(( I'm on a roll, I'm so obsessed with secret I can the headaches coming on due to sleeplessness and rewatching episode 12 & 13 :))

just finished watching the show....well the ending was almost believable.....im not sure what the director wanted in that scene...did he want a slow motion? did HJE go up the steps to high?

other than that, my gosh, every word that came out of MH's lips even when he's yelling is angelic. my favorite line was if there's anyone that has to kneel down, i will do it. gah!!!!! it's like i'll take responsibility line!!!! my fave scene was the door conversation. my heart was tugging.

@idil anur  my feelings also they never give a back to back line up in these dramas Pretty boy is to air after this a good strong cast in it let's just hope it's just as good as this one. And the writer has done a  good job on the script 

Just a quick login and logout to pen my thoughts on ep 13.

Ep 13 is a good episode, but nowhere near the epic that was ep 12, imho.
As usual, the fangirl in me LOOOVVVEEEED all the MH & YJ scenes, but I think some crucial scenes on the development of YJ's character were left on the cutting room floor.  We know they happened because we saw them in the previews for ep 12 and 13.  And, the cut scenes all had YJ conversing with gangster unni. (How can they do that to our beloved gangster unni? We demand that they stick those scenes back!)

I felt that YJ's change of heart for MH seemed very sudden without those cut scenes -
1) when gangster unni said YJ looked like she was preparing for her death, and YJ said even if she wanted to she couldn't
2) when YJ confessed to gangster unni that she can't stop thinking about MH and gangster unni said it was only natural since MH's been around her for quite a while or something like that.
If these scenes were left intact in ep 13. I think I won't be so surprised at what YJ said at JH's memorial niche about wanting MH.  It just seemed too sudden a transition without 1) & 2) that would have allowed the audience to witness how her heart slowly thawed for MH from the time of the seatbelt kiss.

I doubt if those scenes would be shown in ep 14 but who knows?  Maybe I'm wrong, and the PD and editors have a method to their madness.
BTW, I didn't like the slow-motion scene at the end.  Feels weird and unnatural, and stiff.  How can YJ not have reacted at all even deep in thought?

Logging off till tonight's ep.  See ya soon.

thanks @ymiss for welcoming me. I can be slow at times. Ya.. I still had him in the same "Oh you're so adorable I wanna squeeze your cheeks" category that I still have Song Joong Ki in. The face cheeks people, not the lower one!!

I'm guessing that one (Joong Ki) is gonna come back from the army and blow me away. I'm ready for it!!!

It's okay! I'm slow as well! I still have to see Ji Sung in My PS Partner!

One more thing and then I am headed to bed so I can try to see the show in the am. Did anyone else wish that DH had gotten out of the way and let SY drive? It would have taken care of the problem of that crazy, obsessed chicken ... crashing the car into a great big ball of fire. Hateful sow!   I can not believe the things she says out her mouth. She really thought that MH was gonna let her get away with saying that shyt about JH and YJ... that woman is really delusional. How many times does someone need to say I don't want you before you give it up. (I guess in her world MH is the only man left on the planet) Now you made him the bad guy yet again for having to tell your crazy a z z that you will never step foot into that house either and he will never marry you in front of his family and staff no less.    nutters I am telling you. >:P  8-}
Sy's problem is she really thought she knew MH, Honey a person has many sides that they show to the world, although all you saw was the lazy immature playboy side did not mean that was all too him, he just never cared enough to grow up for you and let you see the man he is becoming now. Think you can play games and get him to tow the line and  hold him under your thumb?! Idiot! look how well it worked out, every time you look up MH has gone around you and your games. Watching him since kindergarten, you must have skipped a few years to have miss the core of his personality and character. MH is not a stupid man he was just a lazy one that never had a reason to really fight for something before. He has been given a second chance to do it right with YJ and he knows it, he will never make the same mistakes again. He knows he has to come hard with YJ because being a weak man, a lazy one will never cut it with her. Not giving his all to fight for her would be the biggest mistake of his life. 

saranghaechoiseunghyun said: MH : Are u going to keep avoiding me ?What happened that day...
YJ: I've already forgotten about it
MH: With Who's permission?I told you, It's not mistake
YJ: sajangnim..

MH: I'm really busy right nowBut...I came here... To see you

I had to see u... So I can breathe

OMGGGG IT's SO SWEETTTT,