[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

i just hope the PD's wouldn't push MC anymore, even just for a bit. KG is a married man and they should respect him and his wife.  seeing how they never give loveline to married members (YJS, JSJ, and HH), i wish they did the same to KG. hurting someone's feeling just to satisfy some fans and increasing the rating is a big NO. as someone in this forum have said (i'm sorry i totally forget who said this) but RM should not depends on loveline (specially MC) as the other two competitors (IC and 2d1n) didn't have lovelines and they have good rating

i would rather them showing KG's pics in the past (peaceful gary, sudden mr. capable, 2 times winner RM best of the best, etc) without mentioning MC. have him told the other members about his new album, how he met his wife, how his vacation, how his life after quiting RM, etc. it would be better this way.

and yes, i hope KG would end MC nicely. maybe saying thanks to the fans for the support, that MC is just for the show, that him and JH were just good friends, and asked them to keep supporting RM. it would angry some fans, but it's the best way.

• Like 3

http://entertain.naver.com/comment/list?oid=213&aid=0000972072

I have translated some of the netizen comments:

(+130,-9)Isn't Gary unreachable?I miss you Song Joong Ki.

(+128,-10)If SJK really comes that would be nice

(+101,-8)Even though it would be really nice If SJK comes, he's currently busy with the promotion of "The Battleship Island"

(+97,-11)If SJK really comes let's play name tag ripping although we aren't sure whether Gary would come

(+33,-7)Looking forward to SJK coming to RM Actor SJK I miss you

(+25,-6)Not sure about SJK but let's just stop inviting Gary who left to find his own happiness

(+15,-7)Gary is harder to invite compared to SJK

(+18,-7)Gary is harder to invite

(+13,-14)Why did you leave out Lizzy

(+3,-14)What about Lizzy?

(+7,-16)Lizzy?

• Like 4

Guest athoughtcloud1
30 minutes ago, chelseafjl8 said:

SBS really pay no respect to the members. To be honest, I really think the members can sue them if they want, SBS has no right to do that without permission.

Just too much! I hope RM fans boycott this animated series. I wasn't that into it since I didn't like the animated JH (thought it didn't look much like her and was just the usual sexy female character in animated version) and JK's animated version was just too violent (and that is not all there is to his character). I thought the members might have approved of it, but now look at this!

On 2017-6-23 at 5:49 AM, mary-ann said:

Did i miss something? when did this happen

Episode 349

1 hour ago, chelseafjl8 said:

SBS really pay no respect to the members. To be honest, I really think the members can sue them if they want, SBS has no right to do that without permission.

This is messed up, but unfortunately, I don't think the members can sue SBS. This stupid, ungrateful, and money-grabbing company has rights to the characters, especially in animated form. What they may not have are the members' voices. I truly hope that none of the cast will voice these characters.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

I wasn't that into it since I didn't like the animated JH (thought it didn't look much like her and was just the usual sexy female character in animated version) and JK's animated version was just too violent (and that is not all there is to his character).

Why the pink hair and the over-voluptuous body? SJH has always been much more of a tomboy. They should have used her Avengers/Black Widow persona. Also, absolutely agree that though the tiger looks similar to KJK, unless they plan to develop the animated character's character in the series, he's very much one dimensional, strong, violent, angry, and perhaps a bit dumb. Just a typical throwaway supporting character. That's not the real Tiger and/or Sparta. And definitely not KJK.

But then, I don't care at this point knowing that, as usual, SBS did all these stupid things behind the members' backs and without their input. As I said, getting their consent is not legally necessary, but, geez man, have a bit of professionalism, even if it's just pretense! At least cover your own PR butt, SBS, and let the members know BEFORE informing the entire world. This may be the way that most K-entertainment overlords treat their talent, but this is f...g RM!. The show may have lost quite a bit of popularity BECAUSE OF SBS, but it has crossed local borders into the international stratosphere. In the top 10 among world shows! Will SBS ever learn???? NOPE!!!

Can SA just hurry up and declare, then leave? Come on, KJK, there has to be limits to even your special brand of loyalty. Ride off into the sunset with SJH. Please.

And, I thought I was going to spend a very relaxed, easy Saturday just chilling. Instead, I'm starting my morning with a rant. I was excited about a possible reunion of the original 8. Now, it kills me to say this, but I hope KG and SJK won't show up. I love all the other members, too, and don't want them to lose their main job, but this show needs to just go away when there's still a bit of dignity left. SBS is quickly throwing what's left of that dignity away. It's just a joke right now.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Adines Nugraha said:

i just hope the PD's wouldn't push MC anymore, even just for a bit. KG is a married man and they should respect him and his wife.

I hope that KG and SJK decline, but if KG does show up, though I agree with you, we all know how messed up SBS is. They'll milk the moment for every won ($) they can. While I appreciate unpredictability, I absolutely hate SBS' version of it, which is absolute stupidity in  not only the way they treat the members, but by extension the fans' emotions. Are they going to care about KG"s wife? I would hope so. But, then no one expected them to be so dumb as to fire SA, arguably two of the more popular members internationally. If they don't care about their main talent's emotions, they wont care about a mystery woman's feelings, either. I hope SBS proves me wrong, but I doubt it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

Just too much! I hope RM fans boycott this animated series. I wasn't that into it since I didn't like the animated JH (thought it didn't look much like her and was just the usual sexy female character in animated version) and JK's animated version was just too violent (and that is not all there is to his character). I thought the members might have approved of it, but now look at this!

Episode 349

I think the animated version looked like her, the outfit her character is wearing reminds me of her sexy black leather outfit during her recent RM fanmeeting, I know SJH image on RM isn't the sexy one, but her image as an actress is quite sexy if you look at her roles she has portrayed!

But that aside I hope that f they are going to make an animated version of RM, that the members firstly agreed to it, and that they get ther share of income from the animation, since it's portrayed after them!

12 hours ago, sofiemarz said:

And yes it would be nice if Lizzy would also be invited.

Just random thoughts about Lizzy -- I understand why the fans want her to come back, but was she really that effective when she was there? I've watched every single episode, sometimes 2 or 3 times, and she never left that big of an impression on me. I know she's an idol (or was) and has her fans, but as a RM member, she was there, then quickly gone. It would be good to have her back for nostalgia, but some fans want her to replace JSM. I didn't think she was that good. Also, no one really knows why she was let go. Many fans remember her fondly, but maybe the staff doesn't. Just my opinion. Please don't hate if you're a Lizzy, After School, or Orange Caramel fan

Again, not an SA-related topic, but since she gets brought up consistently, I'm just throwing this out there. Thanks for understanding. 

26 minutes ago, mn0096 said:

They should have used her Avengers/Black Widow persona.

LOL, I'm quoting myself now. I just want to add that I know they were going for an animal, or in this case a cat theme, but they could still have done things differently. Ever heard of Cat Woman, SBS? 

2 hours ago, chelseafjl8 said:

how hard is it informing the members that there would be an animated series based on their character ?

it's not that difficult................

yes, SBS may have the right not to inform the members, but it's about respect. if it not because of the members, the animation would not have characters to be based upon.

another PR foolishness from SBS

21 minutes ago, mary-ann said:

the outfit her character is wearing reminds me of her sexy black leather outfit during her recent RM fanmeeting, I know SJH image on RM isn't the sexy one, but her image as an actress is quite sexy if you look at her roles she has portrayed!

I agree, and I'm glad that she's breaking out of her mold a bit to actually showcase some sexy outfits and moves at the fanmeets. But, I still think the way the animated character was drawn was too typical, what we're all used to seeing in anime depictions of "sexy." SJH deserves more than typical. I'm not a prude, and don't care about showing too much skin, as long as showing it makes sense in telling a story. But, I honestly think she looks sexier, more alluring as Black Mong. All covered up, but still sleek, and yes, very sexy in all-black leather. Throw in a whip, have her crack it to get the boys moving, and she'll be scary, too. If she wants to tame a tiger, she has to look like a tiger tamer. :) 

• Like 3

As soon as I saw the animated RM, I knew what was going to happen to KJK and SJH's characters. The thing that made KJK as the commander interesting was that he was smart on top of being strong and capable. It's what made him the ultimate competitor in the early days. And of course SBS has always wanted to make SJH the "female" of the group (hence the insisted MC) and tend to ignore the other aspects of her character that made her popular. Are they going to have MC in the animated version? 

I doubt SBS can milk MC if KG comes back - because I think - would hope - that even SBS knows that trying to link up a married man is bad. I would like them to show that KG wants SJH to get married (to KJK) and that MC never was a real thing. In RM, at least, they could tie up some loose ends. It really depends how RM handles it. If they force MC again or try to make SJH look like she's missing KG, then it was a bad idea to come back. But if they show KG as a married man and SJH happy for him, then it was a good idea. It just depends.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, mn0096 said:

Just random thoughts about Lizzy -- I understand why the fans want her to come back, but was she really that effective when she was there? I've watched every single episode, sometimes 2 or 3 times, and she never left that big of an impression on me. I know she's an idol (or was) and has her fans, but as a RM member, she was there, then quickly gone. It would be good to have her back for nostalgia, but some fans want her to replace JSM. I didn't think she was that good. Also, no one really knows why she was let go. Many fans remember her fondly, but maybe the staff doesn't. Just my opinion. Please don't hate if you're a Lizzy, After School, or Orange Caramel fan

Again, not an SA-related topic, but since she gets brought up consistently, I'm just throwing this out there. Thanks for understanding. 

she doesn't leave great impression to me too.

i remember her as a cheerful girl, the"vitamin" of RM as YJS once said, and that's it.

as far as i know, she's not becoming a permanent member due to her busy schedule

• Like 2

Guest athoughtcloud1
25 minutes ago, mn0096 said:

Why the pink hair and the over-voluptuous body? SJH has always been much more of a tomboy. They should have used her Avengers/Black Widow persona. Also, absolutely agree that though the tiger looks similar to KJK, unless they plan to develop the animated character's character in the series, he's very much one dimensional, strong, violent, angry, and perhaps a bit dumb. Just a typical throwaway supporting character. That's not the real Tiger and/or Sparta. And definitely not KJK.

You put into words what I felt but couldn't really express. I went into the animated version thinking they will imbibe some of the characteristics of the members' variety characters into their animated avatars. So I was disappointed seeing the preview. There is a difference between presenting a female character as sexy and sexualizing it. In the case of JH's character, I feel there has been an attempt to sexualize it so that it will fall in line with the prototypical female character of animated movies. 

JH may have done sexy characters in her movies, but her variety character on the show is more of the girl next door. It has never been solely defined by how sexy she looks (she looks really hot as the black widow and as Charlie in the Charlie's Angel episode, but then being the Black Widow and Charlie are not about that ). 

The same with JK's over-violent Tiger character. I can't imagine the Tiger sweeping aside the Cat like that coz the Tiger on the show has always been a gentleman when it comes to female characters. So at least keep those details in mind when you create that character.

Anyway, the news that SBS didn't inform the members in advance about something that is essentially selling fans' love for their variety characters kills the whole thing for me. I may not have watched the animated version, but still tried to understand if the members went about promoting it. But this is atrocious!

13 minutes ago, Adines Nugraha said:

yes, SBS may have the right not to inform the members, but it's about respect. if it not because of the members, the animation would not have characters to be based upon.

I totally agree with you there. Also, re: Lizzy, when she came back for the unlucky episode, the vibe was very different from when SJK showed up. I know quite a bit was probably edited out, but still, there was very little to no interaction shown between her and the staff. Quite an unusual situation when she was actually a member for a short time. But, again, she was there then forgotten. Whether it's because SJK brought 2 popular actors with him or not didn't really matter. Everyone looked so happy to see him back. A minor RM mystery, I guess. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, linzer03 said:

As soon as I saw the animated RM, I knew what was going to happen to KJK and SJH's characters. The thing that made KJK as the commander interesting was that he was smart on top of being strong and capable. It's what made him the ultimate competitor in the early days. And of course SBS has always wanted to make SJH the "female" of the group (hence the insisted MC) and tend to ignore the other aspects of her character that made her popular. Are they going to have MC in the animated version? 

I doubt SBS can milk MC if KG comes back - because I think - would hope - that even SBS knows that trying to link up a married man is bad. I would like them to show that KG wants SJH to get married (to KJK) and that MC never was a real thing. In RM, at least, they could tie up some loose ends. It really depends how RM handles it. If they force MC again or try to make SJH look like she's missing KG, then it was a bad idea to come back. But if they show KG as a married man and SJH happy for him, then it was a good idea. It just depends.

Oh, God. I forgot about the possibility of MC in the animated version. Please, don't do that, SBS.

I totally agree with you about KG's possible return and how RM will deal with everything, especially MC and his marriage, but SBS has shown itself to be so absolutely stupid and greedy that I lately  always go in with the lowest of expectations. Unfortunately,SBS doesn't disappoint. But, yes, it depends. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

But this is atrocious!

Absolutely! This whole BTS crap killed my mood for the animated series, too. Unfortunately for SBS, I'm pretty sure most RM fans feel the same way. I haven't had a chance to check all my usual SNS feeds, but I'm sure the yelling and screaming has already started at the SBS/RM IG -- And this time, it's not about getting JSM out. 

• Like 1

Guest athoughtcloud1

No one knows what really happened with Lizzy's exit. She said she quit the show to focus on her sitcom, but many thought she had been axed from the show since her portions were getting edited out for some time. But since editing out is usually an SBS strategy to make a member leave the show, wonder whether it was really voluntary. After she quit, the articles said she hadn't been a member, just a long term guest and she said it hurt her a lot. But then YJS once thanked her in his RM speech and she said she felt really happy to be acknowledged as an ex-member of the show. Regarding her variety presence, think she was a bit like SJK in that while she was energetic, she didn't have a stand out variety character (SJK's character on the show got some of its life from his love triangle with Gary, otherwise he wasn't that memorable as the "brain"). The three moments I remember her by are - addressing MBC and KBS while doing an SBS show (something only a rookie would have done), beating all the members at the vocabulary game (was quite surprised to see somebody so young beating someone like YJS at a traditional word game and that too without pulling any tricks) and trying to raise JK's heartbeat by insinuating something was going on between them ("Can I speak to you informally like we do during breaks?"). I think she could have developed into a more memorable character if she had stayed on the show. When I look at her career graph after RM where her group After School also didn't go anywhere coz of her management not giving the members any work and her body issues, feel her exit from RM was something that changed her whole career. That is why her re-appearance on RM in the 'Unlucky Hand episode' was about the members crying half-jokingly over her sad fate since if she had stayed, it would have been a different career trajectory for her.

I feel JSM's character lends itself to variety quite well kind of like Gary's though when they joined RM, they hadn't done much variety. The other thing is there was also more effort on YJS' part to develop a character for JSM compared to I guess for Lizzy.  Anyway, I don't think like some RM fans that Lizzy should have come back instead of adding in a new female member. Think Lizzy when she quit didn't leave much of an impact and so I really don't see her comeback to the show as doing anything for it per se. JSM, on the other hand, did impress in her previous guesting on the show and so was the better fit among the recent female guests. 

@mn0096 Think the staff reaction is understandable. SJK became really popular once he quit the show and he is one of the most sought after actors in the industry today. Lizzy, on the other hand, became one of those 'would-have-beens'.

Personally, for me, an RM appearance for a half-forgotten celeb is an opportunity to get more attention from the public. So if Lizzy can get that from her appearance on the anniversary special, why not? 

19 minutes ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

No one knows what really happened with Lizzy's exit. She said she quit the show to focus on her sitcom, but many thought she had been axed from the show since her portions were getting edited out for some time. But since editing out is usually an SBS strategy to make a member leave the show, wonder whether it was really voluntary. After she quit, the articles said she hadn't been a member, just a long term guest and she said it hurt her a lot. But then YJS once thanked her in his RM speech and she said she felt really happy to be acknowledged as an ex-member of the show. Regarding her variety presence, think she was a bit like SJK in that while she was energetic, she didn't have a stand out variety character (SJK's character on the show got some of its life from his love triangle with Gary, otherwise he wasn't that memorable as the "brain"). The three moments I remember her by are - addressing MBC and KBS while doing an SBS show (something only a rookie would have done), beating all the members at the vocabulary game (was quite surprised to see somebody so young beating someone like YJS at a traditional word game and that too without pulling any tricks) and trying to raise JK's heartbeat by insinuating something was going on between them ("Can I speak to you informally like we do during breaks?"). I think she could have developed into a more memorable character if she had stayed on the show. When I look at her career graph after RM where her group After School also didn't go anywhere coz of her management not giving the members any work and her body issues, feel her exit from RM was something that changed her whole career. That is why her re-appearance on RM in the 'Unlucky Hand episode' was about the members crying half-jokingly over her sad fate since if she had stayed, it would have been a different career trajectory for her.

I feel JSM's character lends itself to variety quite well kind of like Gary's though when they joined RM, they hadn't done much variety. The other thing is there was also more effort on YJS' part to develop a character for JSM compared to I guess for Lizzy.  Anyway, I don't think like some RM fans that Lizzy should have come back instead of adding in a female member. Think Lizzy when she quit didn't leave much of an impact and so I really don't see her comeback to the show as doing anything for it per se. JSM, on the other hand, did impress in her previous guesting on the show and so was the better fit among the recent female guests. 

@mn0096 Think the staff reaction is understandable. SJK became really popular once he quit the show and he is one of the most sought after actors in the industry today. Lizzy, on the other hand, became one of those 'would-have-beens'.

Personally, for me, an RM appearance for a half-forgotten celeb is an opportunity to get more attention from the public. So if Lizzy can get that from her appearance on the anniversary special, why not? 

As usual, a very concise and well-thought out answer. Thanks, for that. And, BTW, also thanks for answering my earlier question re: K-entertainment couples not showing up at events together. Totally makes sense. Thinking back, my Asian parents, though definitely not celebrities, had similar ways about keeping their married interactions private. As you suggested, they did not want to burden anyone with their married status. I also agree about SJK, and the differences between his and LIzzy's standings in the industry. And, yes, it would be good for Lizzy to make an appearance for the sake of her career.  Who knows where that can lead, right? Look at what happened to JSM. Also, many lesser known or half-forgotten entertainers got a very strong second wind after appearing on RM. But, she probably won't be invited though. That's too bad. As @Adines Nugraha said, she was RM's vitamin. And, RM needs all the injections it can get right now. 

• Like 3