[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

All for RM to end right now.... with the 6 all intact and spend the rest of the eps to gather all the notable guests plus Gary and Soong ki to appear for a good memory...  It's already very sad that RM history is marred by this mishandling. 

Best for RM to return if there is a good concept in future , with new PD and writers... 

Maybe do a day in the life reality show on RM members, incorporated with some game element. I so enjoyed when they stormed into Gary's, Haha's and LKS's home... hee hee....

• Like 5

Wow....just wow. The last 48 hours were a whirlwind of chaos. However, hats off to Song Ji Hyo and Kim Jong Kook who stayed loyal to Running Man despite how badly they have been treated. My idols Jihyo and Jong Kook are both genuinely nice, loyal people. They always put others before themselves. They are too nice that people take advantage of them and they end up hurting. I hope Jihyo finds success in her new JTBC show and Jong Kook too with his Turbo comeback. They both deserve better treatment, better work environment. 

• Like 8

It seems like SJH has been doing a lot of modelling lately. Good for her. I hope she lands more CFs too. Idk what she endorses lately, im not upto date with her publicity deals. Does she still have that NBA caps line? 

Here she is for campaign against cancer. She was chosen along w 9 other celebs.

JSTYLE MAGAZINE front cover

She is so so nice to the fans, this was her last Hong Kong trip just a few days ago i think

For all those who may wonder why SJH and KJK the two internationally most popular members were targeted, this article gives the answer, it's because they aren't comedians, and they wanted to try an all comedian cast lol:

http://en.yibada.com/articles/179306/20161215/running-man-producers-fire-kim-jong-kook-song-jihyo-to-make-way-for-all-comedian-cast.htm

• Like 3

even if RM still airing, it will not be the same anymore.

not just because of changing concept, but also the departure of KG, KJK and SJH.

it's weird enough watching RM without KG (peaceful gary a.k.a sometimes mr. capable), and now KJK (tiger a.k.a mr. capable a.k.a sparta) and SJH (ace a.k.a miss blank) leaving as well ?

Serengeti without the predator/carnivour ? .................

would be weird enough for the other members too, especially JSJ.

i always saw JSJ as the older brother/father figure for KJK and SJH. and when the three of them in the same team, i always smile. it's like the boyfriend (KJK) and the girlfriend (SJH)  going on a date, and the girlfriend's father (JSJ) tagged along as well. and their teamwork was also good (remembering ep 53, 117, 228, etc)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, mary-ann said:

For all those who may wonder why SJH and KJK the two internationally most popular members were targeted, this article gives the answer, it's because they aren't comedians, and they wanted to try an all comedian cast lol:

http://en.yibada.com/articles/179306/20161215/running-man-producers-fire-kim-jong-kook-song-jihyo-to-make-way-for-all-comedian-cast.htm

I think the article missed that LKS isn't a comedian either.  He's an actor first and foremost, though he may have funny antics, he was never a comedian and I don't think anyone considers him a gagman. I doubt that's the sole reason why, and there are other reasons why JK and JH were targeted. 

• Like 7

I was asleep through most of this, but this was good news to wake up to in terms of everything that happened. This really was the best possible option, I think, besides just quitting. I'm so glad the cast stuck together throughout this. Their friendship and bonds are why we watch the show, and I'm glad to know that the show ended with those bonds intact and the cast staying strong together. I'm also glad the fans stuck together. It was really the reaction of the fans that gave the cast members so much bargaining power. This really was an effort from both the cast and the fans, and I'm in awe of the choice KJK and SJH made. If I wasn't already eternally their fan, I would be signing up to be one now. 

I love this show. I've watched it for two years. Whenever i had a shitty day, I knew I could watch some RM (and spartace) and to help me through it. I'll be sad when the show is gone, but I would never want the show to continue after this. We have over 300 episodes to go back to and watch even after the show ends. I'll miss seeing KJK and SJH interact every week, but like most people here, I'm hoping that this at least leads to a certain announcement. Y'all have been awesome throughout this process, and I'm always grateful for how open-minded this board is. Yes, we can have differing opinions, but we accept that we disagree and we all love RM. 

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, linzer03 said:

I love this show. I've watched it for two years. Whenever i had a shitty day, I knew I could watch some RM (and spartace) and to help me through it. I'll be sad when the show is gone, but I would never want the show to continue after this. We have over 300 episodes to go back to and watch even after the show ends. I'll miss seeing KJK and SJH interact every week, but like most people here, I'm hoping that this at least leads to a certain announcement. Y'all have been awesome throughout this process, and I'm always grateful for how open-minded this board is. Yes, we can have differing opinions, but we accept that we disagree and we all love RM. 

i second to this, it's not a comedy show, but it can make you LoL just by seeing the interaction between the members.

pls don't close this board, so we can still share informations, pics or vids about our Spartace

i hope in the remaining episode, there will be one with Couple Race, and finally our Spartace will be couple on that race. 300 episode++ and several couple race, but they never been paired ? seriously ?

anyway, (if it's not considered illegal) anyone can informed me where can i watch and download RM episode (especially the old ones). because the site i usually use is down for several days

Edited by Adines Nugraha
  • Like 7

Guest athoughtcloud1

I wouldn't trust that yibada.com article. There are no specific korean sources. It is speculative. Again, why try to name it 'Running Man 2' if it was going to be a gag show?

Thanks a lot @bogummish for translating that wonderful article. It said many of the things I have always felt, but could never put into words. The reason why I love RM is coz it is so informal. The hierarchies of age and gender are overturned many a time! JS is not the almighty god in RM - he is the grasshopper Yoo, the members can tease him more and JK can bully him and shove him around. I have only seen a few episodes of IC, but I felt the atmosphere was a bit more hierarchical there - it was pretty clear who was the top dog there. The SJH thing is so true. One of the reasons I find it hard to take to other variety shows which are great in their own way is that I don't have a female member to root for. And that is something really important for me as an international viewer. JH may not have the muscles the guys have, but it always felt great to see her being treated as a force to be reckoned with, someone who could even give the strongest member of the team, KJK, a run for his money. Yeah, some of it was make-believe, but it still felt great to watch a show like that. It will be a tragedy if the era of SJH ends and female entertainers like her don't come up in the future. 

@athoughtcloud1 My pleasure.

Honestly it wouldnt surprise me if SJH and KJK were offered to be part of Law Of The Jungle or if Na PD snatched them from some Thing Over Flowers of his. They have proved to be strong but SBS was monopolizing them for RM and they couldnt do anything alse. I really hope they get other variety offers especially KJK. SJH should rest a bit, I know she wouldnt do a muscular variety show without being with a cast she is confortable with. Even in RM she knew everyone so well yet only really trusted KJK. 

When one door closes, another one opens! 

I believe that there will be soon good news!

i agree: because of RM we rarely see JSJ, LKS and especially SJH in other shows.

i hope the other broadcasting stations take notice on these talents and value their abilities!

today they have shown real loyalty and proved that they can change the outcome as long as they stay together! 

• Like 6

Lee Kwang Soo and Kim Jong Kook are w Jessica and her friends, celebrating her bday tonight 

The MC of the Fanmeeting in Taiwan updated her Weibo with a message of support for the RM members

1 hour ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

I wouldn't trust that yibada.com article. There are no specific korean sources. It is speculative. Again, why try to name it 'Running Man 2' if it was going to be a gag show?

Thanks a lot @bogummish for translating that wonderful article. It said many of the things I have always felt, but could never put into words. The reason why I love RM is coz it is so informal. The hierarchies of age and gender are overturned many a time! JS is not the almighty god in RM - he is the grasshopper Yoo, the members can tease him more and JK can bully him and shove him around. I have only seen a few episodes of IC, but I felt the atmosphere was a bit more hierarchical there - it was pretty clear who was the top dog there. The SJH thing is so true. One of the reasons I find it hard to take to other variety shows which are great in their own way is that I don't have a female member to root for. And that is something really important for me as an international viewer. JH may not have the muscles the guys have, but it always felt great to see her being treated as a force to be reckoned with, someone who could even give the strongest member of the team, KJK, a run for his money. Yeah, some of it was make-believe, but it still felt great to watch a show like that. It will be a tragedy if the era of SJH ends and female entertainers like her don't come up in the future. 

to try to keep a dedicated audience, but the public are not fools and knew it was richard simmons and it practically was going to be a complete new show

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bogummish said:

@athoughtcloud1 My pleasure.

Honestly it wouldnt surprise me if SJH and KJK were offered to be part of Law Of The Jungle or if Na PD snatched them from some Thing Over Flowers of his. They have proved to be strong but SBS was monopolizing them for RM and they couldnt do anything alse. I really hope they get other variety offers especially KJK. SJH should rest a bit, I know she wouldnt do a muscular variety show without being with a cast she is confortable with. Even in RM she knew everyone so well yet only really trusted KJK. 

Law of jungle is something i could totally picture SJH and KJK in, despite not having watched the show and only heard the concept

• Like 3