[Drama 2003] All In 올인

rubie

i went to the library today and found out that the drama was based on a 2-book long korean novel (library here has a lot of korean books), which is a similar story but pretty different from the drama. interesting :excl:

HI Limroom9, just wondering what is the title of the korean novel? I want to read it as long as it has English translations (I hope).

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest samshiku

hi everyone! i love this show and its' without a doubt one of the best korean dramas that had both depth and solid storyline....its gets a little slow...but the overall plot is seriously gd! i was mega impressed when i watched it and the setting is just breathtaking and oh so very convincing!

this is one show no one should miss! :D

Guest pel1300

One thing I didn't like about this drama -

The whole plot angle where SHK and LBH are finally reunited, but they say they can't be together because something always seperates them eventually. That was pretty lame IMO. I mean, it didn't even make any sense. Whatever suffering they went through was because they wanted to be together but were seperated. And then now they are both back in Korea, but they say "I want to be with you so badly but can't".

I thought it was just a stupid plot device written just to add some more "drama" between the characters.

Guest purehonesty012

does anyone know where i can dl at low quality for clubbox. All the links here dont seem to work for me. PLEASE HELP

Guest sang_woo_always
:P I loved this drama so badly because IT's SONG HYE GYO AND LEE BYUNG HYUN... He's so hot and she's so gorgeous... perfect match!!!! He's such a good kisser!!!

Guest MRS.le

Does anyone know the title of this series in Viet?

"Van Bai Dinh Menh"

does anyone know where i can dl at low quality for clubbox. All the links here dont seem to work for me. PLEASE HELP

Dunno abt dl, but if you want a quick fix, try YouTube (might need to have fast internet connection)... decent image quaility, Eng sub, you'll hear the actors true voice...pretty awesome

Guest MRS.le

One thing I didn't like about this drama -

The whole plot angle where SHK and LBH are finally reunited, but they say they can't be together because something always seperates them eventually. That was pretty lame IMO. I mean, it didn't even make any sense. Whatever suffering they went through was because they wanted to be together but were seperated. And then now they are both back in Korea, but they say "I want to be with you so badly but can't".

I thought it was just a stupid plot device written just to add some more "drama" between the characters.

It might be a little subtle, but the reason they're both saying they don't want to be together was because of the 'ultimate' love and 'sacrifice' they have for one another.

First, He believes he is full of bad lucks and he doesn't want her to suffer the pain of being with someone who always gets in trouble and can't even take care of her decently (after seeing how she has suffered 3 times already, once during her youth when he went to prison and she was left all alone and had to join the convent, then when he got into trouble and became a fugitive and had to escape oversea without being able to tell her where he was going in fear of getting caught by the police, then when he got shot during the gang shooting and she thought he was dead since nobody tells her what happen/bc they don't want to leak info out in fear of police investigation). So, when he gets back to Korea, he made up his mind after learning that his 'friend' now has an interest in her, he doesn't know when the next 'bad luck' gonna strike him and he wants her to live a "safe, normal life"...to forget about him, and maybe end up being a wife of a rich man who can provide, and protect her...

As for her, she believes she's the one who indirectly brings bad luck to him in his life. Whenever she gets near him, he ends up suffer greatly (prison/fugitive/shot near death)... Would you want to be the 'cause' of sufferings for the one you love?

So, those were the reasons why they kept denying the chance to get back together despite their strong feelings for one another. Not because they simply "CAN'T", but because they choose not to as a personal sacrification for the well being of the other.

I don't think this is something the writer "made-up" just to create "drama". In real life, there is such sacrifice going on between lovers... I can personally vouch for this :tears:

So, hope it helps clear up some of the misunderstanding...and do hope you give the drama another chance... enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Elsren

Can somebody give me direct link to download episodes

Yeah I'd like to download episodes too, and Clubbox and Bittorrent won't work for me... can someone use Megaupload please?

^

Hi everyone at the thread, a warm welcome to new fans of All In. Really sorry for the delay in updates & response.

Firstly, thanks to MRS.le for your insightful inputs about In-ha & Soo-yeon's relationship... you've said it all, a burning passion yet always sacrificing for each other, wasting precious time. Really love reading them. Keep on sharing, ok!

To all who had asked for direct downloads of the series, unfortunately... there hasn't been any Megauploads links available (that I've come across) and I'm not too sure about CBs since there has been some restriction about uploading the drama series... although I could be wrong about it.

Do try posting a request at these threads, hopefully someone could help

For clubbox requests -

SBS Dramas & Game Shows & Programs

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=47388&st=0

For non-clubbox requests -

Pinned: Drama Links for Download

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1241&st=0

However, there are OSTs, NGs and various behind-the-scene links available at this thread... please refer the previous page or the index at page 1.

Lastly, enjoy ALL IN & share your thoughts with us! :)

Guest my_littlefish

i just watch this drama first time ...it's on screen now every sat and sun night ..thailand

i really luv this drama can't miss any part i luv it all

whatever actor actress but i luv the most is jisung hahaha

• 3 weeks later...

Though more and more Korean drama series are using scenic Jeju as their backdrop (refer IRIS 2009 for instance), ALL IN will always be mentioned as the one that brought the beautiful island into international highlight.

April 30, 2006

Wonderfully resilient Jeju Island

By JULIA KIM The Korea Herald via asianewsnet.net

Jeju-do is where one can surrender to the tumultuous, unpredictable rise and fall of the tides, nestle in idyllic, pristine backdrops, and delve into the depths of the island's history and folklore. The spellbinding landscape of this remote volcanic island south of the Korean Peninsula is rich with dramatic land formations that shift in the multifaceted lens of the inconstant weather.

Approximately 70 kilometers long and 40 kilometers across, the oval-shaped island along with 61 smaller islands that make up the province of Jeju is an hour's flight from Gimpo International Airport and an 11-hour ferry ride from Busan. Two cities straddle the island, Jeju City in the north and Seogwipo in the south. The sublime Mt. Hall, South Korea's tallest mountain, peaks at 1,950 meters in the center of the island.

Along the rocky shores, you will often find women divers, or "haenyeo," who make the arduous dive to harvest shellfish and seaweed. You might recognize them from Matthew Barney's latest film, "Drawing Restraint 9." These women will go as deep as 45 to 60 feet and stay underwater for as long as three to five minutes with no breathing apparatus. Although their numbers are decreasing, women divers are a revered fixture on this island with a history as major contributors to Jeju's economy and culture. The early religious heritage of shamanism still permeates much of Jeju-do. Shamanism has played an important role in community cohesion. One of the most revered rites among haenyeo and fishermen is the Yeongdeongsin rite, which is held in the second month of the lunar calendar all over the island. It is held to worship the goddess of the sea who ensures a safe and abundant catch. Today, the island is considered a sacred place for 18,000 gods with over 300 shrines built to worship them.

Once an agricultural outpost for Mongolia, the island is stocked with cattle and horses as well as "yuja," or oriental citrus and tangerine groves introduced during the Japanese colonial period. The tangerine industry is the second largest revenue maker for the island next to tourism.

Hallabong organic tangerine grove near Seogwipo was built 10 years ago by Kang Hwe-chul Kang. The popular and prized Hallabong are a fairly recent addition to Jeju Island, which started cultivating them in 1990. A hybrid of two types of tangerines, the Hallabong is both sweet and sour with an explosive fragrance that lingers with every bite. A 10 kg box sells for 35,000 won. For the more rugged and adventurous, the island beckons for the exploration of its magnificent lime caves, lava tubes, subtropical forests, rocky outcrops, mythic waterfalls and lush mountains. You can camp pretty much anywhere on the island and there are official campsites available as well. Tours are available for all these sites but they are pretty self explanatory if you want to go solo. Whichever route of exploration you choose, make sure to bring proper shoes and prepare yourself for moody weather.

Public transportation on the island is a bit archaic but there are several options available. Renting a bicycle for the day can run anywhere from 5,000 won-15,000 won and it's a great way to see the island up close.

If you don't want to deal with the hassle of car rental, you can rent a taxi for the day at 100,000 won and the driver, who is more like an enthusiastic tour guide, will take you wherever you want for a 24-hour period. "Jeju-do is famous for lacking three things: thieves, beggars and locked gates and for having an abundance of strong winds, lava rocks and stout women," our driver said proudly. Every once in a while, he would pull off to the side of the road, hop out, take a snapshot of us and we would all dash back into the cab. If you want the less touristy version of Jeju, bring your own agenda and the driver will be more than happy to oblige to your needs.

A moderate climb up to Akkeundarangswi crater will leave you standing before breathtaking vistas of lush, undulating green pastures that vibrate in the spring with wildflowers and unobstructed views of other parasite craters or "oreum." These craters vary in size and ecosystem and are the result of more than 100 volcanic eruptions. With 368 of these craters throughout the island, Jeju has the highest number of parasite craters in the world. These oreum are also teeming with wildlife, medicinal and edible herbs as well as wild mushrooms. Pheasants dabble about and skylarks shimmy vertically up into the sky and shoot like comets into the fields. Nestled in the nook of some of these craters are thick forests, ephemeral lakes or golf courses.

There is a popular saying among islanders, "We came from the stones and to the stones we return." Black lava rocks are piled up everywhere, forming the foundation for homes, defining graves, forming boundaries and drawing whimsical lines across fields. At some points the rocks are piled up as a tower where ki, or the flow of vital energy is low. The interplay of the rocks, graves and oreum form a vast, orchestral landscape.

Jeju Island is the scenic setting for several popular dramas and movies such as "All In," "Swiri," and its most recent addition "Spring Days." So if you want to be swept up in the love triangles and grand illusions of Hallyu, Jeju is cashing in on its vestiges. Finding these locations is like an Easter egg hunt, but in place of a shimmering egg, you'll find a plaque with a screenshot so you can relive the scene.

Half of the island's population lives in Jeju City, where the old and new intermingle. Yongduam (Dragon Head Rock), a famed tourist spot, is west of the harbor. The theatrical rock formation suspends out into the sea and is most striking during sunrise and sunset. The local legend is that a proud young dragon wanted to leave the sea to live in the heavens and was willing to disregard the dragon king's warnings. As soon as he thrust his head out of the dragon's world his body turned to stone.

Jeju-do is becoming increasingly dependent on tourism to solve its economic problems. Recently Jeju Island became a no-visa entry and duty-free zone, which will no doubt transform this place over the next decade into an international business and tourist hub. The government also designated Jeju as the "Island of World Peace" last year and plans to establish a research institute for the study of international cooperation. There are many dreams for this island. Hopefully, it will retain its resilient beauty in the midst of all the changes.

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

I sent this drama dvd 2 my friend in japan 2-3 weeks ago :blink: She really luv this drama :phew: I haven't watch this drama yet sounds like a interesting drama.... :crazy: so many k-dramas 2 watch....i wish i could stay at home 1 day only 2 watch k-dramas :ph34r:

I sent this drama dvd 2 my friend in japan 2-3 weeks ago :blink: She really luv this drama :phew: I haven't watch this drama yet sounds like a interesting drama.... :crazy: so many k-dramas 2 watch....i wish i could stay at home 1 day only 2 watch k-dramas :ph34r:

Hi! Welcome to ALL IN!

This is an interesting series with a great romance-action storyline, breathtaking backdrop of the Grand Canyons, Vegas and Jeju... not to mention the incredible intense acting of the cast that will definitely win you over.

Hope you'll be able to watch the series and share with us your thoughts about it.

----------------

For Malaysian fans of All In, the drama will be aired on ntv7 starting this Thursday, 11th May following the conclusion of Sunshine of Love... in the 9.30pm slot, weeknights.

Finally!

The latest:

All In will not be aired on ntv7. No reasons given.

i just learned that Jung You Suk and Jin Goo (young Kim In Ha) are in the same management (agency) as Lee Byung Hun. All In hotties under one roof :lol:http://www.goodplayer.net

chula-hunnie, now that Fantom Ent. (a merge & new name for Player Ent.) website is finally up... here are the pages to all the ALL IN hot guys! The hasn't been much updates or photos yet but something to highlight for further future reference.

All of them under the same roof! :P

http://www.fantoment.com/LeeByungHun

http://www.fantoment.com/JinGoo

http://www.fantoment.com/JungYuSeock

For those looking for Jin Goo (the young Kim Inha), his upcoming work is in Jo In Sung's movie, Mean Streets. Prior to that, he was last seen in A Bittersweet Life with LBH.

And for those unsure, Jung Yu Seock was the actor playing one of LBH's rivals in All In.

Archived