[Drama 2013] Her Legend / Her Myth 그녀의 신화

StaRix

baduy

said: Back to the topic of JS's education, prompted by another subtitle issue.

As I posted yesterday, JS application form, which we get a good look at on KY's computer screen, says she graduated in Fashion Design from an obscure college. So subtitle-dependent viewers may wonder about the line in ep 6 where, according to the DF subs, MK asks her "Are you sure you haven't had any training or education?" . But that sub is wrong. What he actually asks her is "Aside from your college studies, have you really had no other design experience?"   What he's getting at is his own observation, brought out during the discussion among the selection panel in the previous episode, that JS showed a hands-on knowledge and understanding of the manufacture and treatment of various types of leather which none of the other candidates, and indeed many of the established designers in the company, couldn't rise to. That's why she answers in terms of what she learned by watching her uncle, and adds that she also must have inherited something from the maternal grandfather (whom she has in common with KH) that she never met. We reflect that KH, since she despised her own father so much and was ashamed of his humble calling, never bothered to learn anything from him, and doesn't think she's missed out. Hence her snotty remark during the discussion that the job is about designing bags, not getting your hands dirty actually making them or the leather.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her nose was bleeding at the club...

I really hope she doesn't get cancer or something...because that would be the worst way for her to find her biological dad.

I THINK she is just too tired from overworking herself too much...

But this is a Korean Drama...and they seem to never leave the "cancer" out of it.

Her Legend Episode 5 Recap/Summary August 22, 2013

The 5th episode starts with Jung-Soo calling out to Kyung-Hee and Kyung-Hee recognizes her and walks fastly away not responding. Jung-Soo goes to the stand where her aunt sells bags and tells her aunt that she saw a Kyung-Hee lookalike at the Shin Hwa group. The aunt calls Kyung-Hee and meets ups with her and tells her to stop working there and Kyung-Hee says she will stop Jung-Soo from being hired at the company because she has to work their for the next 6 months. Sae Kyung her fathers business is working with Shin Hwa to launch a new business together. Kyung-Hee goes home and Do-Young has found all the letters Jung-Soo wrote and is emotional over them. She tells Kyung-Hee she is going to write a letter back everyday.
picture-17.png?w=799&h=418

Kyung-Hee tries to see the applicants but then realizes it was a blind test. Jung-Soo made it to the 2nd round and has to with all the other ones draw a new design based off a bag at the company. Kyung-Hee peeks in the window and sees Jung-Soo doing the test.
picture-24.png?w=803&h=416

Jung-Soo gets the call that she made it into the final round and has to do well in an interview. The aunt goes to see Kyung-Hee and meets Do-Young coming to meet Kyung-Hee and they all go out for lunch together.
picture-34.png?w=798&h=419

After Kyung-Hee asks her aunt to try to stop Jung-Soo and she says she can’t because uncle wants her to and won’t let her stop her. Kyung-Hee says that she wants to back to the States because she is worried about Jung-Soo finding out about her. Uncle finds the leather samples Jung-Soo needs for her portfolio and Kyung-Ho gives her a dress for the interview.
picture-44.png?w=807&h=484

Aunt comes clean to uncle and tells him the situation and wants Jung-Soo to still go for the interview because she deserves it. Aunt goes in the middle of the night and pulls off all the leather samples in Jung-Hee’s portfolio except one. Jung-Soo goes the company and then realizes that the samples are missing, she calls Kyung-Ho and he is going to take the leftover samples to the company for her. Aunt finds out what he is doing and tries to stop him but he leaves anyway.
picture-53.png?w=801&h=446

Jung-Soo goes to the store and gets some tools and starts making the samples from the pieces of leather in her purse.
picture-64.png?w=801&h=394

Jung-Soo is looking for something to replace the black saffiano sample and runs into Jin-Hoo in the hall and she sees his leather case and takes it away from him and recruits him to help her in the bathroom. After she finishes she gives him her business card and she will compensate him no matter what. 
picture-74.png?w=810&h=503picture-94.png?w=817&h=462

Kyung-Ho gets in an accident and falls off his moped bike. 
picture-84.png?w=804&h=380

Jung-Soo goes into the interview and then recognizes Jin-Hoo and then she recognizes Kyung-Hee and sees that they are the judges. They notice she doesn’t have the right samples in  her portfolio and she has to explain it was an emergency and Kyung-Hee tells her there is a penalty for not having the samples.
picture-104.png?w=812&h=413

Jung-Soo meets up with her friend and her friend tells her that the leather tablet case she wrecked was a Fortuna luxury item and that it costs around 130,000 and that would be for a flawed one. In the Shin Hwa meeting Kyung-Hee fights hard against Jung-Soo and everyone else agrees with her except Manager Kang who still wants her in the competition. Jung-Soo gets a call and goes to see Kyung-Ho and her aunt and that he was not hurt bad but just needed some bandaids for some scratches.
picture-114.png?w=820&h=432

Jung-Soo then gets a call from Jin-Hoo and she meets up with him and he wants compensation and Jung-Soo asks if she could just patch it on and he doesn’t accept so she suggests a monthly installment. 
picture-123.png?w=801&h=422

Jung-Soo goes to see if she made it at the company but she did not and after goes to visit Do-Young’s house but she doesn’t see her. Jin-Hoo goes to visit Jung-Soo’s shop and this is how the 5th episode ends.
picture-132.png?w=802&h=463picture-141.png?w=796&h=392

Well this episode did end as exciting as the past episodes but I am still anticipating the next one. So Jin-Ho I think is very intrigued with our little Jung-Soo. I mean he even went  along helping her he could have easily left her working in the bathroom but instead he seemed intrigued with her. I think he is using the cover excuse as a way to keep seeing her! I mean he is rich he could easily buy another one and not deal with the nuisance of dealing with Jung-Soo. So obviously he is going to start liking her and maybe Manager Kang will also develop feelings for her because I think he will somehow get her to work in the company!! Somehow Jung-Soo is going to be able to make it to the company. When Jung-Soo went visiting to Do-Young’s house how could she not see that people where living there again there must have been some signs like recent tire tracks or things moved in the windows. With Jung-Soo’ s portfolio isn’t she a little suspicious of how her samples where missing! I think she would have checked the portfolio before she left the house because if she is anything like me I would be obsessive over what I am handing in and I would also like to admire the work I did multiple times!

http://sighilovekdramas.wordpress.com/2013/08/22/her-legend-episode-5-recapsummary/

A million thanks to @baduy for the translations! :)
I already posted these on the 1st page. ;)
Choi Jung Won1148960_217604991730422_305214062_n.jpg

Kim Jeong Hoon1209053_217604925063762_894789735_n.jpg

Son Eun Seo1236422_217604945063760_1557487123_n.jpg

Park Yoon Jae1240067_217604941730427_356564054_n.jpg

I really love MK's tag-line! "But I'm not going to let you have Jeong Soo." ^:)^:)^:)^ LOL :))

Just getting the chance to watch this drama. OMG this is a very typical K-drama with all the lies, greed and evil characters. This evil mom/daughter duo will get what they deserve in the end for sure, but I want to throw up every time I see their fugly faces. Well, like typical kdrama, the lead will outshine the evil pathetic greedy villain. She won't even get the man she wants. All drama is about fate ... no matter how much the villain obsess about the lead, trying to pull them down, the more they fail and look pathetic. Aja Aja fighting Jung Soo-a!

jma030201 said: Just getting the chance to watch this drama. OMG this is a very typical K-drama with all the lies, greed and evil characters. This evil mom/daughter duo will get what they deserve in the end for sure, but I want to throw up every time I see their fugly faces. Well, like typical kdrama, the lead will outshine the evil pathetic greedy villain. She won't even get the man she wants. All drama is about fate ... no matter how much the villain obsess about the lead, trying to pull them down, the more they fail and look pathetic. Aja Aja fighting Jung Soo-a!

More People Should Watch 'Her Legend' (그녀의 신화)

1. Yes, the drama is not the most original one out there. But, they play it out really well and the characters + actors are pretty likable!

2. Both the first & second male leads are eye candy and play their characters well. I like both of them!

3. I’ve seen Kim Jung Hoon in many dramas, but have never seen Park Yoon Jae act before. LOVE <3 

tumblr_inline_ms1j76QqNQ1qz4rgp.jpg

4. It’s a genuine and heartfelt story. 

5. The chemistry between the actors/actresses is good. So even though the plot is not super original, it still keeps you hooked onto the drama. 

6. It’s not too popular among overseas fans, but is actually doing pretty well in Korea ratings-wise!

tumblr_inline_ms1juh4M3o1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_ms1jurgysw1qz4rgp.jpg

cr to k-dramasandmore

This drama is not the most original drama out there because I think the designing company concept is becoming boring...but I really like how the storyline is going even though I'm not too into these designing concept.

I really missed the childhood years...that child actor was the best :D I also miss Kyung Ho talking weirdly haha.

Guest Littlezaznangel

yea there are a lot of fashion dramas out there but i feel like this one is more cheerful compared to the others. Maybe it has to do with the main character as she brings the mood of everything being happy.  In the other fashion dramas the main leads were just gloomy and so were everyone else.  

paradicez said:  This drama is not the most original drama out there because I think the designing company concept is becoming boring...but I really like how the storyline is going even though I'm not too into these designing concept.

I really missed the childhood years...that child actor was the best :D I also miss Kyung Ho talking weirdly haha.

Archived