[Drama 2013] Her Legend / Her Myth 그녀의 신화

StaRix

Guest Littlezaznangel

a technician is really hard it's one of the hardest jobs in fashion.. wow they're moving the storyline pretty quickly... is the big secret going to be revealed first? usually the truth comes out at the last two episodes or soobtw that girl in the pink dress who buys and returns her clothes the next day..  .. she made a cameo appearance on can we get married right? she looks so different here.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Littlezaznangel

said: a technician is really hard it's one of the hardest jobs in fashion.. wow they're moving the storyline pretty quickly... is the big secret going to be revealed first? usually the truth comes out at the last two episodes or soobtw that girl in the pink dress who buys and returns her clothes the next day..  .. she made a cameo appearance on can we get married right? she looks so different here.

Guest prosperity

I hope the secret is revealed to atleast Jung Soo next week. I think it makes more sense for it to be revealed to her. It will add to the angst and affect the dynamic btw her and Kyung Hee even more (at this point I don't see how they could possibly keep it a secret from her any longer without the story running around in circles). I am so excited for next week. Jin hoo is def falling for her already. What I am not sure about is Min Gi, I am not sure if he is falling for her, or if he sees himself in her somehow. He also notices how affected Kyung Hee is by her. So is he falling for her or is this a situation where he identifies with her, and wants to help her? I think Min Gi will figure out the secret as well. I cant wait to here the conversation when Jung Soo finds out that he is the one who was receiving her letters. It will be interesting to see how everyone will react as they find out the secret.
Also one of the female designers don't seem to like Kyung Hee very much, she is always rolling her eyes when she speaks etc. I wonder if she will find out the secret too, and if so what she will do with the info.

Like all the best Kdramas, this production is full of significant details. Take the sequence in ep5 about the second stage of the selection process.

The previous day, we saw Kyeong Hee mistreating her mouse in frustration at not being able to access the particulars of the candidates. (That message she sees on screen when she clicks on a candidate number tells her that the personal pass code of the candidate concerned -- known only to the candidate and the HR administrators overseeing the process -- is required to see that information.)

She doesn't manage to get JS's ID code by lurking outside the exam room either. So when the scanned images of the candidates' second-round work are released to the assessors, she's no way of telling which of the designs is JS's. So we see her working her way through them, peering at them in turn and trying to pick out which is likely to be JS. We also see her lingering over one design which she appears to think might be the one she's looking for. Then we cut to Min Ki also reviewing the designs. True to what his character profile says about him, he is proceeding earnestly and methodically through the sequence. However, we see that he doesnt linger on the design that caught HK's attention. Instead, he passes on to the next, which we know from the scene in the exam room is actually JS's and it's that one that holds his attention. While he's still studying JS's design approvingly (he too tries to see the profile of the designer, but the ID's are still locked down) we cut to JH, who is also behaving true to his -- very different -- character. He's just casually surfing through the images, plainly not thinking any of them is much good. And we see that he gives up and moves on to something more interesting (maybe another differential equation) before he even gets to JS's design.  So much meaning in an apparently simple, wordless sequence...

Incidentally, to supply another of the things that DF doesn't bother subbing, when the next day the ID embargo is lifted and the names of the final-round candidates are visible to the assessors, the window that pops up when KY clicks on JS's id reveals that she came top of all the first-round candidates and was ranked second in the second practical round. But the aggregate score (third line of the pop-up box) puts her as the front-ranking candidate overall.

Guest Yang_EunBi

baduy said: Yang_EunBi said: I don't get episode 6 thoroughly because of the lack of subs but is Jin Hoo already crushing on Jung Soo after knowing she's the young lady she had argued with at the street selling bags?

Guest leaaaaa

Finally, watched episode 6 with subs!! With understanding most convos it is much more better ^^  Really love the funny theory by JS' friend that JH is just helping JS bc he is desperately in love with a woman his family doesn't approve and  now he is on a self destrutive path where he meets one woman after another...haha and then JS reply "So I am among those women?" made me laugh xD I really like the friend...lol the irony of that little story is that JH will end up falling in love with JS who his family (if they would still live) wouldn't approve of...this is emphasized later in the scene where KH asks (herself): 'JH, you don't really believe in fairytales , do you?"
jina_bing_bang said:He has NO interest in KyungHee. I mean in Ep. 6 it was funny when KyungHee tried to approach him and ask him to help her, he was like I'll just call some great trainer for you instead haha

Here's my translation of the last of the "Big Four" character profiles.

Do Jin Hoo

Just think of it as talking American-style.
If that seems one-sided, you can talk down to me, too.

Director of Strategic Planning, Shinwha Group.

Brilliant strategist, splendid brain, top-notch pedigree!

Heir apparent to Shinwha, Korea's foremost fashion company.

His job title is "Planning Director" but he's actually the CEO of Shinwha in all but name. Because everything he ever wanted landed in his lap before he'd even asked for it, he's never known what it feels like to long for something he hasn't got.

As a result, he has shortcomings in three areas.

First off, he has no manners. He couldn't care less what other people think and he doesn't think anyone ranks higher than he does. When he meets someone, he doesn't bother about the niceties of speech forms. He was born with a fine sense of style, but he always brashly comes out with his views and can end up crossing the line between fashion guru and fashion terrorist.

Added to that, his mother and father are no longer alive. When he was seven, he lost both parents in a plane crash and was brought up by his grandfather, President Do. He has innate skills in planning, and the decision-making abilities that a company owner needs, but his supercilious manner and his maverick approach to management don't inspire loyalty in subordinates, and that worries his grandfather.

And he also places absolute trust in his late father's best friend, Choi Soo Ho, who has always treated him like his own son. He relies heavily, too, on Min Ki, who has always been like a real elder brother to him, and whom he also regards with childlike trust.

Love Line

He initially thought Jeong Soo was just another of the fashion-crazy girls to be seen thronging the Kangnam streets, but then the sight of her started to get to him. The way she worked all alone late into the night bugged him, the arrogant and unfair treatment she got from Seo Hyeon bugged him, the way Jeong Soo so patiently put up with that treatment bugged him, and seeing her together with Min Ki bugged him still more... and then some.

It was really maddening!

He discovered that love can be so unfair.

When you don't know what sort of approach a girl likes, you have to find some way of expressing your love...

Incidentally, this shows how watching too many family dramas can be bad for your Korean comprehension by skewing you towards particular senses of words that are common in those dramas.

I head-banged for ages over the first quality JH is said to possess in that list near the top there: 의모출중. I assumed that 의모 was 義母 = parent-in-law or stepmother. But JH doesn't have a parent-in-law OR a stepmother, let alone an "outstanding" one, which is what I thought that expression must mean.

But I finally gritted my teeth to plow my way through the 3,000 pages of small print in my Hanja Dictionary, and there was the solution. 의모 here isn't 義母 at all. It's 擬謀, a doublet where both characters signify "planning", and it's planning that he's said to be "outstanding" at.

This also reveals that it's not really true that you can get on top of Korean without getting involved with Hanja. If you don't steel yourself and take them on, they come up and bite you in the butt eventually.

It also demonstrates yet again the maxim (literally) beaten into me and my classmates by a fearsome Latin teacher over half a century ago now: "If it's daft, it's WRONG!"  Every subber ought to have that maxim glued to their keyboard.

Archived