[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

@rinchan76 I don't know when the video was done, but it was definitely when Ki was a consort because of what HJW is wearing. I don't think she looks like the same woman they used for the ceremony. I think that one was just an extra unless she ever pops up to make me believe she is just not a plot point they just mention when they see fit.

Guest sogongx3

Guys 17 episode is more than enough. You need to remember that a typical kdrama is usually 16 episodes so in 17 episodes they can easily add another plot to the story including BG's niece. So relax and enjoy the rest of the drama, everything will be ok ;)

sogongx3 said: Guys 17 episode is more than enough. You need to remember that a typical kdrama is usually 16 episodes so in 17 episode they can easily add another plot to the story including BG's niece. So relax and enjoy the rest of the drama, everything will be ok ;)

so, TH will get out from being controlled by ET and now will be told what to do by BA???  When are they going to let TH keep his balls???  (sorry for the crudeness of my remark)

Compared to ET's hold over TH before, BA's hold over TH (if that is to happen) would be weak. Even when TH was bratty and childish he can shut BA up and make him follow his command, so i guess TH would not allow anyone to have a hold on him like ET especially now that he has his own mind

OMG @sarah.lina thanks for the instant in the middle of the night's heart attack gift OMG is she a human? her body is to die for I guess she can win that Miss Yuan year 1340 in a blink of an eye.. or make every person who has balls (I apologize too for my crudeness here) kill each other (Tal Tal and of course that womaniser Dangkise are included) for the sake of having her.

OMG I can't.....

I think I need another pill.... @-)

Not surprised if MBC brings in another empress before SN.  It's their way of keeping SN between two men.  If SN marries TH too early in the drama, it's pretty much game over for WY - hence, making JJM fans angry.  MBC is gonna milk the ratings as far as they can go, and when the drama is almost over, that's when SN is gonna get married (because who cares if fans get angry at the end of the drama?  They strung viewers long enough to sustain ratings for the majority of the the drama's run.)

The only issue is that if there is a new empress, there is no doubt going to be comparasion between her and TN's character.  TN has such a fan base, that I think this new empress character already has odds against her.  Unfortunately, MBC should have hired a more prominent actress if they wanted to prevent comparison so fans can look forward to HJW facing off against that person.  In addition, BJH totally owned evil in her role.  Having another actress trying to reprise the same angle is just a formula for disaster. :-w

It's sad really... the only romance storyline that the writers move forward are about characters we don't care about (so there is no backlash).  If you think about it, El Plague and Yeonhwa's romance is moving faster than everyone elses.  >:P

Guest critics

@adjani said:

Woman you say the darnest (ie. best by the way) things! hahahaha 

critics

said:

Guys, could it be possible that the drug being used by LK (via mouth-to-mouth feeding) was not really an antidote but rather an opium that's why TH resolves into drug addiction in the future?   http://forums.soompi.com/plugins/Emotify/design/images/35.gif

http://forums.soompi.com/plugins/Emotify/design/images/35.gif

I'm addict to you, sweetie!!

MOD EDIT: Please do not quote images.

lxands said: I thought in this topic we only discuss abt the storyline & the characters, not insult/bashing people..

Also now that each shippers camps are already created in the shippers paradise I suggest those the heavy duty shipping shud be posted there, so in here we just talk abt the drama

Guys(a)... there is someone here that still not beech listened the OST instrumental?? :-/
Well... here it is: P.S I still need to find Part 2 Wax (사랑 바람 (Love Wind) and part 3 Xiah Junsu (JYJ) 사랑 합니다 (I Love You)

Part 1 : 4MEN
가시사랑 (Thorn Love) (Inst.)

(C) To the owner.

Part 4 :
Soyou (Sistar) 한번만 (Just Once) (Inst.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8NTyXnwSg0

(C) To the owner.

Part 5 : Park Wan Kyu
바람결 (The Wind) (Inst)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmJ8EPNyarc

(C) To the owner.

Part 6 : Zia
The Day (Inst.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MEvv4iXUhQ

(C) To the owner.

So far I have liked all the OST of EK, is that they are just great... the voices of the artists... the lyrics... etc.. all wonderful. :D But to me what most I have liked are the melodies... so beautiful! :x

@chrissydiva It's hard for me to recognize you each time you change your avatar haha.
Actually you know what, I think I may have mistaken her for Clara. She was the annoying second lead in Creating Destiny.  Oopsie :P
We may be over speculating at this point since there aren't any news out yet, but it's odd that they would put some random person in the middle of all the EK casts.  
We'll just have to wait to see.

@PeggyM unless if the production team seriously want to keep DS around for fan service, there can only be one Empress at a time.  If indeed they're casting the next Empress already, it must mean that ET Clan and DS is going down soon.
Also, after getting rid of ET Clan, TH may have his power back, but he's still new to the political world.  Regardless of how powerful the Emperor is, there are times when he will need to do things to keep his political partners happy, especially if they hold a high enough position to influence others.  BA will be one of those people.  
Same reason why TH won't be able to just make SN his Empress immediately, he needs his officials/governors to agree to it.  They are the ones who are supporting him.  
Hence the reason why there are so many political marriages.
I also agree with @sogongx3 100%, 16 episodes is definitely enough to bring in a couple more villains to keep the story going.  As long as the plot is well written, well at least properly written, that shouldn't be an issue.
I'm sure one time or another we've watched 16 episode dramas where there are villains coming left and right.  Like those investigative/police dramas, 2-4 episodes is enough to open and close a case.

Guest hallyurise

@minnie0103 Does this mean TH falls back unconscious after going to rescue SN? So he really does drag himself to the hall to save her. Maybe he faints again right after saving her thus maximum emotional impact for SN + WY can go all silent, tragic witness again. Hahaha

@pegster Well, since you, Oh Great One, have made this prediction sound more plausible, I will have to accept the awful truth, that just like any other drama, things are gonna get bad before they get good.  I will be patient and calm....and be thankful to at least be rid of the ET clan, even though we may still be stuck with TN in some way...hopefully a small way.  Let's hope this new Empress is some weak, pitiful character who SN can stomp on right off the bat and show her who TH really belongs to!  I'm warning you though, if there is an oohlala scene with the new Empress before there is one with SN, I might have to fly to Korean to hurt someone!!!

@pegster LOL about my avatars. What can i say? I fangirl about lots of people so i need to display them by taking turns  :))

I guess we'll see if we get news or not. But if she's not in EK, i won't take responsibility for it  =)) Playing Sherlock for a day is exhausting though. I hope they didn't trick me. About Clara, i would be the first person to cringe if she was ever appearing on EK (thank God she's in Emergency Couple well unfortunately for me though since i watch it too LOL), but i can deal with her there just not here. Not a big fan of her on or off screen.

Wait! One Empress at a time? I thought in Yuan the Emperor could have two empresses? I mean wasn't the real Ki, Empress #2 while BA's niece was Empress #1 at the same time? Like someone said, even if Bayan's niece was to first appear next week, it doesn't necessarily mean it will be as an Emperess. She could just pay her respect or something to TH or to see her uncle.

hallyurise said: @minnie0103 Does this mean TH falls back unconscious after going to rescue SN? So he really does drag himself to the hall to save her. Maybe he faints again right after saving her thus maximum emotional impact for SN + WY can go all silent, tragic witness again. Hahaha

Guest adjani1430293095

@pegster: totally think you might be spot on with the predictions. Anyways its good fun.
And yes there are cases where there are 2 empresses and the seal is with one of them, there are also those where there is one empress but the power of the inner courts is shared between her and another favored consort (co management - you can see it in dramas like Zhen Huan and in history as well). It really depends on the "power demarcation" and even if one is not official appointed to hold power in the inner courts, sometimes very powerful concubines can still manage to mete out punishment or influence decisions by virtue of the sway they have over the emperor or even in the court proper. 
But first, BY's niece needs to meet TH (who is currently ill disposed right) .. and well she can be made empress if TN is deposed.. nevermind SY, so possibly concubine first and then straight away empress once TN is deposed. 

@Critics: er its just a guess that you are a woman.. I could be wrong! ahaha 

Guest adjani1430293095

I always thought that the shipping is a fun part of the drama but lately I seem to find that lots of dramas have shipping that ends up boiling over and fans opposing or raging at each other. I suppose that it doesnt help that the PD and writers actually also seem to care about the shipping, fans and ratings and does adjustments as the series goes on "_". 
However, no matter who you ship, it is undeniable that all the actors and actresses are doing their best and acting well. Why compare one to the other or put one down for the other? And then leaving aside the actors, the characters they play are even more dependent on the writing? And just because something is written in some way because it is logical, it may not mean a thing on the shipping or skills issue right? I think it is logical that WY will have a lesser role because Empress Ki is about SY becoming empress, TH's empress not WY (who is a fictional figure to begin with). But this doesn't mean the actor is lesser in terms of his role or his acting ..it just seems logical! 
And I clearly blame the PD and writers for whatever scenes we get between the couples, and this affects the ships.. (ie. is it CPR kiss or proper kiss etc)... er so can we direct the "blame"/"fights" where they should be.. and not at the actors?!