[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

SOMEONE is up late still filming (and showing off his new Gold iPhone 5)!!!  29 December 2013, 1:25 AM KST: "안녕!!!!! 오늘도 늦어지는구나!! 다들감기조심!!!"  ("Hello! Up late tonight!! Everyone watch out for the cold!!!")

I know it's the filter and the ambient light coming in on this picture, but damn his skin looks really bad and the bags under his eyes are getting worse.  At least the main cast gets the next few days off for the Awards Shows, but they're back at it on New Year's Day!!!  *grrrrr*

BcleVHMCYAEL_Q2_zpsd977fe12.jpg
(Credit: @Ji ChangWook Twitter)

@SongMira
I wanna see her smiling like these pics again, so adorable :)
all it is now is a crying SN and a smiling dangkise showing his teeth instead....unfair :(

Guest kaeruchan

Not sure if these pics have been shared here before...but then, just to make the wait more bearable :)

Dangkise and Taltal discovering a new thing inside the palace....an electric heater?

BbnhJrLIMAA8RSj.jpg

Taltal's lover frenemy Tapjahae

829568207.png

829568284.png

credit: Jin Yi-han aka our smart Taltal's twitterdpwixb

Here I go again... WY told Tanashiri that a good wine with a lovely woman takes his breath away... Please I want SN to take his breath away!!! I NEED to see WY beautiful toned back and broad shoulders... now that will take my breath away...so if that means bringing the love child plot back, bring it on, I don't care...

Guest roshan90

Tahwan is a well written character from the writers. In fact even more well written than Sungnyang or Wang Yoo. Unlike Sungnyang and Wang Yoo, he is not a character we can easily root for. Writing Tahwan's character should have really been walking in a tight rope and a challenge for the writers.  And I am glad they did a good job with it.
And Of course JCW, he does this hurt expression so well and proves what writers said about his character, "The Person Who Women wants to Protect".
Seeing the eps 17 & 18 (which I vowed not to watch atleast until tuesday, anyway resolutions doesnt work out much. huh) I am thankful that Tahwan wants to stop being a puppet YAY!!
I now understand why so many people in this forum have started the prediction game of what would happen next. Hee. Its gonna be so hard on us waiting for new episode chingus. Fighting~~
MY PREDICTION FOR NEXT 12 EPISODES
If the story goes as per the production said it before, BJH coming upto only 30 eps.. Then we still have 12 more eps to go for that. Which means after 12 eps, Tahwan-Sungnyang gets married!
So within 12 eps, they have to show us how the blood letter is passing on from one hand to another and at last to El Temur himself and making it useless!! (absolutely my premonition- because I dont want Blood letter to be the one to overthrow El Temur.. I need some other coup from them which WY and SN should find out and come up with a smart plan to destroy the whole clan--this is what I am expecting from them.. Team up soon. Jeh-bal) Starting of the true love story between WY-SN (Ok when are you going to start this writer??) I hope Lady park, Sungnyang and Wang Yoo gets kicked out of the palace. Of course the problem would be Tahwan who wouldnt let her go. But right at this time, he would come to know about SN's father's death. So he becomes guilty and let her go. (Daebak!!) Now love story WY-SN. WOW!!  Lady park getting killed along with the baby by Tanashri. Which is ofcourse to save Sungnyang which would make her return to the palace and become a concubine. She plots along with the brain of Tal-Tal and WY and power of Tahwan to eradicate the whole evil clan. Tanashri dies with the whole family. Then SN become the empress. VOILA!!

Guest sogongx3

how can we watch the MBC awards?

It's only for 1 day right? 

Will they air atleast 1 episode? 

They will air a special episode, probably with BTS maybe interviews with the cast ;)

@anjshin : /nods nodsI want bada*s SN back whether in the form of The Jackal or strong powerful Empress Ki because I think we all agree that we've had enough of her pouring tea & massaging feet day & night
@SongMira : thanks for sharing!I remember how we all squealed when TH had his cute fantasies of SN but now that you posted those gifs I realize WY also had his own share of fantasies though he still thought she was a he back then =))
@roshan90 : I think the LP arc is already over & the writers won't use it again because it doesn't make sense. after all that happened, TS learnt her lesson & she knows she needs to keep a low profile because as soon as anything goes wrong with LP's pregnancy, everyone will be pointing fingers at her so yeah, she might be dense at times but she's not that stupid.tbh, now that you brought it up, I don't know what the writers are gonna make of LP and her child. maybe LP will naturally die while giving birth? which still leaves us with the child... :-?

You guys are all awesome, I laughed my way through all 5 pages I was behind on. laugh3.gif
@pieracapozucca - You're back! a040.gif  That's what we were discussing - if ET "gave" SN to WY but it wasn't very clear and of course, their conversation didn't make it 100% clear. (it did sound like it after I watched it a few times) That will most certainly ratchet up the tension. Part of me wonders if MBC left that ambiguous on purpose so that adds to the cliffhanger and we all go crazy.  :|
@anjshin - Ohhhhhh! Smexy JJM picture! Thanks! drool1.gif
@SongMira - I don't think we've ever seen SN smile like that? Remember, that's a DREAM that WY is having where she's smiling that widely at him. But when I thought about it, I've never seen her smile that big (or I've forgotten it if she ever did?) 

Guest kenneth123

Hello everyone hahaha ..im back from vacation ... wow intense discussion... I spent hours reading all the post... but I have a question is koalasplayground spoilers on the novel accurate .. how come it differs from my korean friend story anyway hahha... advanced happy new year to all :D

For those of you hanging around the Forum today, MBC Section TV will have the EK cast on their program (their segment should be airing around 3:50 PM KST)!!!  (For ease of reference, that would be at 10:50 PM Pacific Time today.)  This is where signing up on iMBC comes in REAL handy so you can get the live-stream directly from the source!!  :D

And can you tell I was a leeeeetle bit bored today while waiting at the shop for my car to be serviced?  :))

image_zpse3c33392.png

I will LOL forever at that pic of Tanaaaa lol She is so delulu and doesn't know that she's spreading infertility scent on herself. She really thinks that it is supposed to drive men wild. Girl, have you seen any of those guys jump on you with glee?  :))
OK let's get to epi 17/18 (long post alert!!!)
What was up with El Terror kicking the door everytime he was leaving? That looked so ridiculous. I am worried about the actor having a heart attack especially when he was trying to hold that sword to slash TH. I was like "is he even able to kill a fly while holding the sword like that?" TH could have easily headbutt him like SN did to DK during their trip to Yuan lol The Empress Dowager is still fierce. I can't wait till she goes head to head with SN. That woman definitely doesn't flinch when it comes to El Terror. Almost want to ship her with WY. You think SN would be mad if i do? :))
OK, El Terror is failing hard at the parenting thing. Though he was right that DK was being driven by jealousy, but dang! He gives a new meaning to tough love. Not only he insulted him, but he hit him in front of everyone like that. Even WY's people were shocked. The question is does he really believe that WY has nothing to do with the blood vow? If so, why? I mean he knows that WY is capable of it. Maybe he thinks that WY wouldn't be stupid enough to go after him that way. Dude, i think you are mistaken if you think that everyone is afraid of you. He knows that WY is not afraid to die. Wasn't that the thing he said that he liked about him? So it's either El Terror is in denial or he is naive when it comes to WY. I totally LOL when WY bonus punched DK. "If you have the courage, tell him about this too." then pow :)) Are WY's punches that strong? DK always passes out. WTF? DK will never give up in his quest till he gets rid of WY and SN. Hopefully, he dies before he does any major damage.
I am wondering about that deal WY made with El Terror. He seemed to imply that the person playing with El T is someone close to him. Does that mean he is gonna try to frame someone from El Terror's entourage? For everyone who says that they make WY perfect at everything which i admit even as a fan it makes my eyes roll. For example, with the soccer match, WY didn't even know what it was yet they had him play it like he did. What was that? They couldn't let TH even win just once? But anyway lol, although yes, he seems perfect, i do find flaws in him. The guy is quite arrogant in top of being cunning. He also didn't seem to flinch when those magicians were killed in public. I know they are acting as if they are at war, and wars have collateral damages, but still LOL a little caring wouldn't hurt you. And what was up with that smirk he had when he lifted Tana? At first, i thought he was mocking her freak out to the mice or was just glad that his plan worked, but i don't know. I am not sure it was that. It was like he knew that the girl had a crush on him and was planning to milk her for what it's worth maybe in order to use her as a last resort against her father. Maybe i have been watching too much spy movies lol It's just that there are scenes where he acts like he's aware of her crush by the way he looks at her when she is stupidly smiling at him. I would think that he's been around girls enough to know when one likes him, but then again he didn't know SN was a girl so maybe he is that clueless when it comes to women. :))
Speaking of Tana, like i said at the beginning she is really delulu. How the heck did she come to the conclusion that those two guys were into her? It just boggles my mind. She really thinks that she's that hot stuff that every guy wants. My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard kinda chick. Sorry, i think SN gets that title. lol So i can't wait till she blows a gasket when she finds out about who is the real object of affection of the Emperor and the King. I found it funny that when TH saw her before going to see ED, he said "long time no see" Mmm i guess someone hasn't been getting any oolala lately LMAO
My poor TH. He just can't get the girl to seriously look at him as a man. So he finally decides that he shouldn't look weak to her anymore and wants to take action. Finally! Baby steps! At this point, i don't even care what motivates him. He needs to at least try something even once. He failed at this attempt, but at least he tried. The whole "let's wait till El Temur dies" or "Let's wait until some ghost playing games win to take over" wasn't working for me anymore. How do you know if the blood vow ghost is your friend? LOL He might just go after you after he's done with El Terror.His reaction when Tana invited herself and WY to the show was hilarious. He was like "What is wrong with that woman? It's not for YOU, heiffer!" :))SN was actually enjoying herself when he randomly decided to hold her hand. Ugh I wanted to throw something at him. Then WY decided to join. You know i am glad he finally woke up from his not doing anything about SN, but he could have picked another day for that LOL The girl didn't know what to do. I know what she could have done. Make them hold hand instead since she can't really physically punch them in public lol I wished she showed she was at least upset about what happened in the next scene with both guys. She's not their puppet. 
SN was completely tripping over that hot tea accident. I get that she was worried, but it's not like she threw it on him or he was gonna die over it. Calm down, girl! :)) Of course, TH made it about him by saying that she was in the verge of tears over WY, but didn't even care when he got hit by the ball. LOL this boy. Does that count if i cared? No? ok lol I did enjoy SN choking that little beyotch of a maid. She is just trouble that won't go away. She should have finished her off. Serves her right ugh! Then we get the scene where SN didn't even do what i wanted her to do. She litterally applied the medicine and bandaged him. No extracurricular activities added *if anyone got my drift =)) * At least she got a hug later on *really still no kissing?* I was actually surprised she hugged back LOL Usually, they always have girls just have their freakin hands as straight as a bamboo stick not hugging back. Thank God for small favors. I mean the other two times when she did that, it made sense since she was a "guy". OK the scene when WY calls her over the wall, LOL that's the moment when you are thinking it's not the characters but actually the actor JJM calling the actress HJW. That happens when you have the said character always 100% serious minus episode 1 when he actually showed enjoyment. I did like that he was just looking at her like a little boy while she was all like "Shona? What are you doing here? The eunuchs will come. You need to go" Seriously, SN is the party pooper whether she's with TH or WY lol The way she acted innocent about the statue though. Not only she doesn't listen to orders, she breaks promises LOL 
That cliffhanger is going to be the death of me. What is going to happen? Was SN released from her palace duties? Can El Temur do that? I mean he didn't tell TH anything about it since TH ran there on his own. I know people have been talking about oolala with WY now. I guess we moved on from TH and will probably back to him when she becomes Empress. There is no kiss so far, and the only supposed sex happened offscreen with one of them still questionable LOL I guess because they didn't involved the female lead, but i am not holding my breath. Actually, i still don't want it to happen. Sorry, WY. I just don't want your seed in SN to make you her baby daddy while she's marrying someone else. Believe me, you will thank me for cockblocking you. :))
Things that stays with me and will see if they would play a role at the end of the show:
The mother duck metaphor (TH>SN>WY)SN saying that her body might be here, but her soul (or heart) is somewhere elseSN saying that it doesn't matter how long it will take for them to go back together to Goryeo, and that she's been prepared.TH saying that even if she will always pick WY, he would never let her go.WY saying that seeing SN in danger is worse than death.
Side note: Is the all cast going to be attending MBC award? I am glad we have confirmation that at least three will attend especially with the SBS having three of the female leads of their three major shows not attending LOL

Guest roshan90

If at all the writers are reading this forum,
If Tanashri comes for more than 30 episodes we will be stuck with Love Triangle or Love Quad.  [-X

@eusuhae @petria Both of you brought out such an insightful thought  ^:)^ I didnt think that at all. (yeah I accept that I thought Tanashri was outsmarted by Empress Dowager, WY, SN and even Tahwan. LOL. So of course I thought she WAS That Stupid. Hee. ) But your thoughts was what I think would happen. especially @petria you should become a writer.  =)) "Someone kills and puts the blame on Tanashri" It so could happen. For people who still care about history wont be unhappy  :-j
But @petria 's thought made me think who is going to kill and about all the killings that happened.
Tapjahe: Killed many Goryeo people in the beginning
Dangkise: many goryeo people, SN's mother, Emperor's Eunuch.
Wang Ko: I dont think he personally killed anyone. Ordered to torture Ki Ja
               Ho in the end he died
Yeom Bong Soo: Reason for Ki Ja Ho's death
El Temur: Ordered to kill Tahwan. I think he killed someone but I dont remember. Anyone who points this out gets 100points from me.
Edit : Thanks to @CherKell
He killed Ta Hwan's father by poisoning him, and then is 'rumoured' to have also killed Ta Hwan's little brother by poisoning
Wang Yoo: Killed many in the battle.
Sungnyang: Killed many in the battle and also the dog in the forest.
Tal Tal: accomplice in the murder of General Gop Seol
General Bayan: Killed many in the battle. Killed General Gop Seol.
Tahwan: No wonder, you are losing beside all these people.  ;)) Can't you kill that rat atleast to prove a point. Hmm.  :-w