[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

hanaseyes said: @jeenee:
For the governors, they're not someone you can trust, because their loyal didn't exist, the same with ED. Even you can saw them follow TH in sometime, but that's time it because YC make them feel not safe.
At the beginning, they follow YC, then follow DG,  then follow TH, then flatter SN. If they can betray YC in the last minute, so they can betray TH too. I never believed them as i never believed ED since the beginning.
They just do everything for them self.  They even can betray their emperor in the conversation with SN, as you saw after the winning, but SN said to them that they can't and make a deal with them.
Of course, they didn't like Beak Ah, but now they saw that SN can not become the Empress as they thought, and the power lose to Beak Ah and DG, and new Empress.
So one day, if they found the situation change, to keep them safe, even they has a good position,  they'll not be in TH's side or SN's anymore, they'll flatter the new empress or Beak Ah.

So dangerous to think that you can leans on them. But they can be used, SN must go ahead one step to use them  !!! :))
And i don't know if SN is with TH side till the end. SInce she starts to do something for her self, meeting WY again, and their misunderstood, and signs of break. Perhaps i have too much worried. Still that stupid novel which i really want to burn  makes me got a headache .  ~X(
Much waiting for tomorrow ep.

hanaseyes said: @jeenee : Yeah, as I said,  they can be used, but we must go ahead one step to use them.
But I thought the role important to take Beak Ah fall down is Taltal and not the governors. Oh, i want more fighting scene. This drama is too gentle, even these two maids of Danashiri still alive healthy. :-?

@hanaseyes said: In history YC's clan down after only 3 years, but it's took 5 years later to take Beak Ah fall down.
I thought Beak Ah even more dangerous than YC.
Ayu was born only few month before Ki became the empress and Beak Ah fall down.
I thought the screen-writer take too much time to change their script, and somehow, they're very obstinate, they wanna keep some detail in their novel, and follow the story as they planning but they can't since they write and rewrite , especially in the first 15ep, make the story stay away from his original orbit.  And sometime they want to return, but too late and too hard since it's a little bit illogical.
Or MBC wanna make deal with the cast and the production team to extended the drama. But then finally, no one in production team want to extended it.
If they extended the drama to 60 ep, i can understand YC died in ep 37/38. But Still it's too long.
How they can tell the story in 7 years in almost 46 ep, and 30 years later in just 5 ep !!!!!!!!
Or the coronation is the last scene. But i hope and i wish that too, the story in 30 years after , they'll tell us in another drama.  =D>
( There was so much happens on 30 years, enough too make a 100 ep =)) =)) of a great seaguk  !!!!, not just in a few ep )

Thank you screenwriter, because you rewrite your story, Sorry to you, few months ago and still now, I really want to burn your novel  ^:)^ It's a nightmare to me and I hope you don't keep it on your mind anymore.

DJG said: Korean Sageuks, at least the new ones, don't stage epic battle scenes.** I wonder if it is a budget or not enough extras situation. Compared to Japanese taigas, Chinese historicals, there are barely any battle scenes, and even the few scenes barely have any fighting, horses (one would think there is a shortage of horses in SK), etc. I remember how ~X( when watching Gwanggaeto the Great, the story of the famed Asian warrior, known for his impressive cavalry, iron warriors, and that drama was shot 70% in the same room, with extreme close up shots of the actors faces, that was more [-X , considering he is considered such a historical hero, that both Korea and China fight lay claim to him as theirs.

@pegster - That last NG with little Maha/Byul is adorable!  :x And is Gol-ta (Jo Jae-Yun) a "playa"??? giggle.gif Or maybe he's lecturing new evil Empress not to mess with Ki? 
@DJG - I thought I was the only person who believed the Temur clan was dragged out too long.  :P  I honestly thought they should have been gone around Ep 28 or so (when Tanasmirky was repeating the poison stuff) or Ep 30 (which I understand was the original plan with Tanasmirky's character?) Most of their evil plotting was so repetitive, it got boring. As a result, their deaths seemed anti-climatic and unsatisfying. 
@jeenee - I agree, I thought the Governors were still on TH/SN's side (but I could be wrong) The biggest problem is BA is now in charge of the military, they are loyal to him. So once again, TH has no military behind him. *sigh* Rinse and repeat. 
Wait, just had a thought - doesn't each Governor also have his own military force? 
Hulu subs strikes again. THwhip.jpg

post-24885-Emma-Watson-YES-thumbs-up-gif 

critics said:

In episode 39, TH was so agitated that KG didn't pay attention to his summon, requesting her to visit him in his quarter with an excuse of needing more time to mend her broken/jealous heart.  In the end TH, did ask her not to make him angry.  Sounds like TH is starting to feel uneasy of his status in KG's heart.  Though they both agreed that TH should welcome the new empress in gratitude of BA's great contribution in their latest success, however, TH is also blind of the danger KG & Ayu will be facing even though he has an idea that ED has started showing her great interest to be in power in the inner court.  It is understandable that KG will never share her real intent to become his empress because probably she has also considered and feared on the possible reaction/feelings of TH about the threat that ET had left to them.  Should she try to open up her desire to TH, the consequence is that, she might be misunderstood and the worse is TH might try to distance himself from her.

Guest critics

@PeggyM said @critics:  In the english translation I watched (on hulu) that was not what he said to SN at the end...what they had translated was him asking her "not to keep being angry with him"....It really made a difference in that scene if you ask me from what was translated initially.  Not sure which is correct, since I do not speak or understand Korean very well, but the Hulu translation makes more sense to me than him telling her not to "make him angry"...that does not fit his character really at all.
Sorry if this has already been pointed out....I'm still backreading all your wonderful posts 
Edit:  Yep, @LizaG already pointed this out......sorry 
No problem @PeggyM.  Me too, there are only few words I know about Korean language.  Actually, when I was reading the english translation from another site and watched episode 39 RAW , my initial reaction after seeing TH & KG confrontational scene, I was kind of hurt.  Maybe because I sympathized KG's resolve of becoming empress for the bottom line is to free Goryeo and protect (Byul) Ayu rather.  However, when TH turned his back after saying such words (the one in the english translation), it also seemed a shock to me.  As if at that moment, there is a glimpse of change in their relationship, it seems trust is broken.  But after rewatching ep 39 with eng sub, I was then relieved.  

@tessiero 
can you blame him for answering that, when the question was this?

1075740_1419123598338623_2070315285_n.jp

EDITED: They have military force but its not in the capital and their provinces are too far from the capital. Just look at how stretched China is.