[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

tumblr_n1gm62r6WC1sq7hzoo2_r1_500.jpg

News "Empress Ki" and “You Came From The Star” to challenge the ratings of 30%

'Empress Ki' and ‘You Who Came From The Star” will be more than 30% of the ratings? [MD Focus] 
MBC drama ‘Empress Ki’ and SBS drama ‘You come from the stars’ to challenge on the ratings of 30%

Following the 2012 broadcast of MBC drama ‘Moon Embracing The Sun’ around two years between 10 pm on weekdays drama no ratings exceeded 30% of the records.’Moon Embracing The Sun’ in after eight episodes aired reached 31.7% ratings, easily exceeded 30 percent, and a record 42.2% of the highest ratings, but after ’Moon Embracing The Sun’ Many TV Drama failed to reach 30% .
But recently actors Ha Ji-won, Joo Jin Mo starring ‘Empress Ki’ and Gianna Jun, Kim Soo Hyun starring ‘You Came From The Star’ people see more than 30% probability. 
Higher possibility is ‘Empress Ki’. A total of 50 episodes of the drama, and reached 28.6%, the highest record in the 33 episode. Ha Ji-won, Joo Jin Mo, Ji Chang Wook, Baek Jin Hee excellent acting make drama have a high popularity.The drama expected to break through the 30% of the ratings.

(sorry if there are any mistakes)

Thanks to Jrschang

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=201402261048571110&ext=na

CREDITS

@jeenee : i don't know if you remember one of the BTS with WY and TH grabbing SN hands, when BJH arrived on set, JCW and JJM were making fun of her saying "Oh Tanasili is here! how are you doing tanasili lately?" so cute =)) =)) =))

What is that? TN has a new dress? it seems beautifull :D :D

Back Jin Hee is so cute! She's very petite, or at least her santa dress made her seem quite short.
I bet the cast made fun of her that day LOL I would really like playing a charchter like Tanashiri's one! She's so delusional!

tucci said: LOL!! The governor makes me laugh so hard!!!

They remind me of a gang of granpas! XD They are also a bit useless LOL

Am I the only one that likes Bayan VERY much? Everytime he appears on screen I am fanmode on!
At the start of the drama I didn't like him very much, but now I respect him a lot. I like his fearless nature and leadership. Everytime he's on screen it's full of charisma, I would really like him not to turn to the dark side, he would be a great Prime minister! And he's a fine man too
:-*

@DJG, I think the governors are presented to us like some caricatures. Their body are funny as well: we have the tall one, the fat one, the one with hat, the one with braids (RIP), etc... but they act unanimously. Their reactions of fright or of indignation are also funny and exagerated.
I think the PD made it just to enlarge El Temur strength. In comparision to them, he's clearly more smart and brave.

Bayan, instead, is not some noble guy who has only royal blood. He comes from the army and from a past made of fights.
It seems is quite evident the way in which the writers/PD made these characther LOL

What the...who changed the forum? How the heck am I supposed to know what page I was on now? Whose brilliant idea was that?  smiley-sad025.gif
@CherKell - Thanks for the new pics (and @briseis - thanks for the bigger images) Adorable, are they holding hands? *kekeke* but - where is HJW unnie's leg? insomnia.gif  
@sarah.lina - Too late for romance? *throws things* Well, then why am I even watching? Hmmpppffff. *glances around* What? You can't tell me most of you don't enjoy the skinship! :-w  I can't be the only one! 
@jeenee - True, isn't there some saying that a woman should be with a man who loves her more than she loves him? (so she can be cherished and unconditionally loved forever) 
@pegster (the great) - You're way ahead in the predictions! No, really...none of us are laughing at calling you "the great" 
pegsterthegreat.jpg

tessieroo said: What the...who changed the forum? How the heck am I supposed to know what page I was on now? Whose brilliant idea was that?  smiley-sad025.gif
@CherKell - Thanks for the new pics (and @briseis - thanks for the bigger images) Adorable, are they holding hands? *kekeke* but - where is HJW unnie's leg? insomnia.gif  
@sarah.lina - Too late for romance? *throws things* Well, then why am I even watching? Hmmpppffff. *glances around* What? You can't tell me most of you don't enjoy the skinship! :-w  I can't be the only one! 
@jeenee - True, isn't there some saying that a woman should be with a man who loves her more than she loves him? (so she can be cherished and unconditionally loved forever) 
@pegster (the great) - You're way ahead in the predictions! No, really...none of us are laughing at calling you "the great" 

@pegster & @tessieroo : i didn't say that they have to cut the romance, i've just said that there is 17 episodes left so the "I love you… me neither" is too late now, they could have done it much earlier (they had plenty of time), judging from the preview, the oh-la-la will happen at the beginning or the middle of the episode (i hope so) because i don't think i could take an another cliffhanger with an almost kiss, we are not watching a rom-com.

sarah.lina said: @pegster & @tessieroo : i didn't say that they have to cut the romance, i've just said that there is 17 episodes left so the "I love you… me neither" is too late now, they could have done it much earlier (they had plenty of time), judging from the preview, the oh-la-la will happen at the beginning or the middle of the episode (i hope so) because i don't think i could take an another cliffhanger with an almost kiss, we are not watching a rom-com.

@PeggyW : don't worry it's impossible, if they've cast a baby, it's the time for her to get pregnant, and TN dead line is near because Maha will be 3 years old when he will see his mother (TN) getting killed by Seung Nyang, so brace yourself (the crazy time jump that we had in 20 is getting near for the second baby) :)) :)) :))

@pegster Yes, please rest Great One, we don't want your powers to fizzle out at the wrong time.....we need your predictions to carry us through!!!  ^:)^
on the fashion part...my favorite so far is how she looked in the hunting outfit, her hair and everything, I think she looked most beautiful in those episodes.

Guest hunterdd

I think it is going to be another Almost cliffhanger on Monday, this time we know SN is the initiator, but then Golta interrupts them on Tuesday.Then on Tuesday's episode we get a olalala cliffhanger. The media and fans go bananas for 5 days, then the olalala happens on the Monday after.That is how you would structure it for maximum impact.Give them 2 episodes of happiness, then break them up for some makjang reason.

hunterdd said: I think it is going to be another Almost cliffhanger on Monday, this time we know SN is the initiator, but then Golta interrupts them on Tuesday.Then on Tuesday's episode we get a olalala cliffhanger. The media and fans go bananas for 5 days, then the olalala happens on the Monday after.That is how you would structure it for maximum impact.Give them 2 episodes of happiness, then break them up for some makjang reason.

It appears that the last two eps are begining to address or is building up of the much anticipated oolala. Through out the past two episodes we are seeing SN behave a way that we haven't really seen either in a while or not at all. The smiles, giggling, and looks she is sending toward TH hints that their relationship has hit a turning point. Even though these two are clearly in a political war, and their life is in danger, TH-SN have found times to be lighthearted and at ease with each other. It shows that their relationship is not 100% solely about teaming up to get revenge. So I am not even surprised when SN mentioned that she was scared. Although the almost kiss was said to be fan service, I feel that it was a plot device used for SN to realize that there is more then comradery between them. Many of us noticed that she did not pull away or reject him. Although she is not ready for intimacy, I wouldn't be surprised if TH's advances lit up a desire in her that took her by surprised. SN has always presented a level of coolness in her actions, her reaches at composure indicates that she wants her thoughts to be clear headed enough that she can exert a level of self-control. The way she carries herself, with her level of decorum shows an awareness of her surrounding which only lends credence to her perceptive nature. Yet, as indicated by TH on the next day of the hunt when he said "we are doing it for real this time," It shows they were being lax. Obviously their is no need to be overly serious during the hunting party, but as @sarah.lina mentioned, SN has entered ET's crosshairs, she should be on alert mode 24/7. It is hard to believe that SN would think ET wouldn't attack them in such away, since he has openly (meaning everyone knows he is behind it, but they just can't prove it) attacked TH numerous times already. It is possible that she is beginning to sense that her relationship may put a wrench in her plans since the feelings he is inspiring in her is taking away from the feelings she needs to nurture her desire for revenge. She may realize that TH has the potential to make her dull her senses toward revenge if he is able to make her feel warm and fuzzy or in the least take her thoughts away from her pain and anger, which is needed to keep the flames of revenge alive. On the other hand she may not want to feel too happy at least not before her revenge is executed, because of the guilt she may experience towards her fallen comrades and baby. However they have to reach some point where SN becomes aware and acknowledge her feelings. So scenes like the medicine kiss only spurs that on. I found it interesting because SN didn't have to be there or tend to him, that is what the palace dr. is there for, she could have even left ED there to do the job. I was wondering if she volunteered to save him because she felt responsible and thankful, but the way she cried over him and touched him showed that she found him precious. This thought was also backed by the way her eyes changed the moment everyone left the room, her concern and sadness was clear. Her emotions and actions seem to run too deep for it just to be labeled friendly or even pity.For the first oolala to be meaningful, SN has to be willing and should have reciprocating feelings towards TH. I think right now the writers are trying to hash out SN's feelings so that she has a chance to explore and figure out what is really going on with her feelings so the TH-SN love line does not reach a stagnant point.       

@rinchan76 Well said, I totally agree with the points you made.  I to think her fear is not fear of the situation itself, but fear of her own emotions.  You can see a change in how she is responding to TH and I'm sure a part of her is really struggling because of the love she has/had for WY and not wanting to let belittle that in any way.  Maybe what we will see in the next episodes is her really absorbing how much TH sincerely loves and adores her, which will make her more willing to give in to the way she is feeling towards him and let him in to her heart.  I don't think she will ever get over her love for WY completely, he was her "first love'...they had a child together, which for now she feels she lost....that's a love that is not easily forgotten or let go.  This would definitely explain the tear that fell down her face in the first episode.