[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest lunatiger14

I’ve been lurking in the forums reading all the recaps of Ep. 29. A big thank you to those who provided it!!! I wish I can stream it live L but it’s on when I have to go to work. Booo! Didn't get to watch the episode yet but just wanted to chime in from what I've read from other posts.

On SN and WY. Gah! :( It pains me to see them shut off from each other because of miscommunication. I do sympathize with WY a little more feeling angry at the moment. SN did not even bother to send word that she was alive and well all this time, leaving him to mourn for months. WY had no idea SN was alive so I can’t blame him for taking the actions that he did. But SN was fully aware WY was in Goreyo and I’m sure she knew that WY’s decision to marry was a political one not because he’s loves another, she overheard it from DK herself. SN should know that WY would never get marry if he knew she was alive since she saw him push ED away from the suggestion of marriage.

And I know I can’t really fault SN for doing what she did because:

A.) She was reeling from the fact that everyone she loved died and really wanted to take revenge, in order to do that she needed to be in a position of power  

B.) She knew WY would never agree with her plan if she communicated to him about it. I imagine he would try to find her and stop her.

C.) And she didn’t want to interfere with him taking his throne back since she knew he would stop the marriage and put himself in a sticky situation if he knew she was alive.

Ugh! I should expect this, since it always happens in K-drama and in Asian drama in general. Why do people not communicate with each other, WHY??? :((  *cries* Yeah I know it makes for great drama. LOL Just so damn frustrated at the situation and seeing SN and especially WY heartbroken and angry when it could be easily fixed with a heart to heart talk. But that’s difficult right now.   :-w

I also should have known that Bang would not tell WY about SN being pregnant, but am I the only one feeling that this was a WRONG move? I know they are trying to protect him but it just makes it WORSE in the future. I still think WY should have known way before, when he first heard SN’s death, regardless if it hurts him. He has a right to know what’s going on. And as time passes it’s gonna get harder and harder to tell WY about it. I’m sure he’s gonna get even angrier at everyone who’s keeping this a secret from him. LOL I can only laugh to keep from crying at the silly situation. 8-} (I’m pretty sure this baby bomb will blow up in everyone’s face) Now they really can’t tell him about it since WY will go off the rails and get emotional and potentially hinder SN’s work in taking ET clan down. I won’t be surprised if WY doesn’t find out until 20 years later or something. I’m still hoping that SN will mention it at least but I have a feeling she will be closed off from him. I hate if it happens that way, but I won’t be surprised.  

On a happier note, I give major props to TH for being mature and saying it doesn’t matter if SN loves him or not, he’ll stand by her. Now I truly feel this time he is doing something that is solely for someone else. He’s not asking for love from SN, he just does it because it’s for SN. Not expecting a reward of affection from SN, nothing… ^:)^ I bow down to you Peyha for finally being selfless…. Hope that you keep doing that with OTHERS besides SN in the future.

- I just can't understand : Why WY is wearing a crown in the preview ??? it better be not a mistake from the PD, because that's just too much, they didn't even show TN, maybe she will be dethroned in the next episode hence SN sitting in her place. But i don't really imagine ET giving WY his throne back.

- Did i just saw El Maid and El Plague screencap in the ending credit, oh well, they are going too far, i really prefer a thousand times seeing Batolu with TT :-w :-w :-w

- About the frustation that TH-SN shipper have because of the one-sided hug, don't worry, it seems that since they isolate WY from the others, they couldn't developp the romance, so no progression in TH-SN romance department nor SN-WY romance (hence the ending credits with all the time the three characters so that we couldn't forget that there is romance in this drama hahahahah) but now that WY is coming back next week, they are going to amplify the love triangle. ;) ;) ;)

- And i have to say this, that's the first time i watch a SN-TH scene (hug) poorly filmed, the PD is really digging his own grave now, why did the writers didn't choose their former PD??, he was so awesome, he's just ruining the drama each episodes  >:/ >:/ >:/

chocobana said: It must be cold for them to shoot in this weather. As I'm watching episode 17, I noticed that most of the actors' faces are pink/red and they're not wearing suitable clothes for the weather. I mean, come on, the Yuan dynasty must have some winter clothes, right? They can't wear this kind of thing all year round. 
Some fur coats maybe? XD They are descendants of Mongolians, after all.

This is what everyone has to say about no episode 30 tomorrow:
TH to SN - Nyang-Yi ah, don't be upset, we'll be back again next week....
cvv.gif

TT - Just so you know, MBC is not going to broadcast Ep.30 tomorrow, so it'll be another week before you get to see Ki Jai In MamaWY - What??? Are you serious!!! This can't be it! I waited 9 episodes for this already!
jfvi.gif

HJW - YES! I get to sleep a bit more!dm89.jpg
All images credit: EK DC

Rules of Kdrama slap deflect

How to deflect a slap like a Korean

When you have finally had enough of the villains antics, stir their anger up so that they  try to slap you, grab their arm to deflect! then throw them down!

My coworker and I always practice it and I always get my arm grabbed! LOL

It's so painful..... episode 30

my little angel was so courageous... in battle field and with her heart... i am glad that she handles her emotions well and very in control of her heart... she learned a lesson while she was still a palace maid.. i am glad also that had experienced how to freely express her agonies (being a woman) with the help of the palace maid friends of hers... now, her battle takes off..  now this time with heads of the country and countries (before it was just ordinary people and people with small-medium power)...

go baby..!!! mommy is supporting you behind...

Posting the ratings on behalf of @CherKell
Episode 29 Ratings:

AGB Nielsen:  Nationwide 22.7% (2nd; -2.6%) / Seoul 25.3% (1st; -3.8%) FIRST AGAIN!!! 
TNmS:  Nationwide 20.8% (2nd; -3.2%) / Seoul 25.3% (1st; -4.0%) STILL FIRST!
*Considering EK still maintained it's placement on the ratings chart, I think it would be safe to say that all the other shows dropped in ratings, likely due to the Olympics.

El Plague to El Maid - Do you think we caused the drop in the ratings? Did my plague spread to the ratings department?
p2zk.jpg

Image CR: EK DC

Guest missred123

@petria

I really don't see the need for a romance between them. They are both very scary! Imagine their kid. What would they name it? El Virus!

Guest niknokdagu425

pegster said: Posting the ratings on behalf of @CherKell
Episode 29 Ratings:

AGB Nielsen:  Nationwide 22.7% (2nd; -2.6%) / Seoul 25.3% (1st; -3.8%) FIRST AGAIN!!! 
TNmS:  coming soon
El Plague to El Maid - Do you think we caused the drop in the ratings? Did my plague spread to the ratings department?
EDIT: Please do not quote images.

Image CR: EK DC

Katrina Abdul Talib said: @puppet5akl Tense real tense TH is surrounded by ET men.. I hope he opens his mouth and exclaim "NO WAY" and ET fainted out of shock to hear him speak. Earlier commented by me, hope BA and Taltal have their loyal men ready to storm in and slash all those surrounding TH - and capture ET and sons?