[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

@shaym ... lol 
about gisaengs matterI think They do not have children at all.
Gisaeng ladyes knew well the methods of contraception at that time .. if not,  near every gisaeng house would have been a nursery ... lol:PI did not imagine ElTemur going there  than from political reasons .. ;))as  when he caught TaHwan outside the palace looking for the bloody vow..

It was on gisaeng House or I am mistaken ?? :-/Good enough ET not blamed poor TaHwan he wanted to cheat his Empress and the entire Inner Court toobut  TH it was locked in the palace after that
X(

go back to the gisaeng and El Temur it is possible for him to have several wifes one by one?? likeBluebeard emperor ?who kill his wives when they became too curious?
\m/    

@sally_b My crystal ball is saying as she is oh so confident about her poisoning concubines, SN switches the poison and put the real one in her own cup. Since she's not as smart as her father by taking anti poison daily, she dies in a pool of blood. Well the pool comes in when SN realizes her dream by tearing her limbs one by one >:)

@sally_b : just to have an idea for you all about the popular character in Empress Ki, it's been one week since the last episode, so even when they don't talk really much about EK :

22th : Wang Yoo (+18)
24th : Tanasili (+7) --> she really doesn't move much, which confirm her popularity :D
45th : Seung Nyang (+16)
46th : Tal Tal (+7)
51th : Tae Hwan (+33)

In the first and second place, it's not a surprise that Jeon Ji Hyun and Kim So Hyun are at the top, and Tanasili with Wang Yoo are the only characters who don't move much, but i don't understand why SN never made it in the top 10 though

Source : Naver

Jeon Ji Hyun is my new favorite actress. Any actress who is not afraid to look as ridiculous as possible and pokes fun of herself must be my new idol :)) Next wish, a rom com with HJW lol

Is that list trending topics or search topics?

Just thinking of tomorrow epi and SN's bloody back. I feel like I am about to watch a boxing match. You know who am I rooting for.

@petria I'm in agreement with you, there is nothing that will stop her on the road to being empress. What I am more curious about is if she were to meet him while she is a candidate, I wonder how she will react. I want to see if she will be cold towards him, or even waver in her mission. I am curious if she will tell him the whole truth, or if they will have that official "let's break up conversation." For all we know he could offer to give everything up right there (which is unexpected, or resign himself and offer to help her (it's doubtful too, but it would be interesting if it did) lol. Then again that can happen any time they potentially meet. 

About SN baby dying, we have to remember that is was a real high infant mortality rate....measles, mumps, chicken pox, etc...so it possible if the show follow the book, he may die from a childhood disease....just a thought....

Guest august101

sally_b said: Hi all ~ ♥(sorry I missed all the chatting yesterday - was recovering from my rare-Friday-night-out. :-\" )
I think I've discovered the perfect way to poison Tanashiri. Tequila shots. (sally raises her hand in testimony 8-X) 
Anyhoo ~ I'm feeling a little grumpy about the upcoming episode because the preview indicates Seung Nyang getting whipped by Tanashiri and it makes me wonder WHAT THE WHAT is the Empress Dowager doing back in the Palace if NOT protecting the concubine applicants? 
Part of me reasons that Kdrama live shooting is responding to the audience interest in Tanashiri. (high ranks on search engines and such) ...and I *get* that the Korean audience Lurvs it's villains - but just doesn't make sense to bring back Emp Dowager if the baddies can continue to act without restriction. 
Also, this kind of thing is often the point where I depart from long running shows... when the writer delays conclusion of arcs and lets the screen time be lorded by ever increasing unspeakable acts against the protagonist instead of moving the narrative forward. 
Cut from the TalkingCupboard - Episode 25 Preview:

Court Lady Seo: Which one are you going to select among the candidates?Tanashiri: I’m thinking of letting none of them in.Tanashiri: Just wait and see. If they dare to come against me, then it’s poison for them.
Do we really need another incident of the exact same kind? It's already well established that Tanashiri is willing and able to murder...oh...just about anyone. I'd like to see something NEW in the next two episodes.

Don't mind me --- I'm just a grumpy-pants when a show goes in circles :P

Guest adjani1430293095

well.. TN only knows poison, which is probably fine if they are all the meek ladies of the court.. but you see, SN is precisely NOT that and she already saw through that the first time with Lady Park.. she will be onto her.. And therefore, SN is probably the only one that can "topple" TN because she is hardly that sheltered lady and has "battled" the men... let alone the women :)
TN is lulled into comfort.. which is good for SN in my view.... 
As for the child .... er.. I have read some of the views and tis all good... I will not add to more speculation hahah :P 

Been trying to catch up on the conversations in here - yay finally the new episode is almost here!

Thanks for everyone providing spoiler pics.  Saw the pics of SN who looked liked she was whipped under TN's command.  When you think the writers cannot make us hate TN as much as we do already...  

You know, we've had to sit through like a dozen or so episodes watching ET and clan's evil doings that I really hope that when revenge comes to them, it's not like one episode and done!  I hope SN's revenge spans over several episodes otherwise it won't be satisfying for us viewers.

I was really disappointed that episode 24 just flew by and we didn't get to see more of SN's training. I really liked in Hwang Jinyi when they showed the process of how she learned how to dance.  Also, I would have enjoyed more Tal Tal and SN screen time.   Yup - I think started to join the Tal Tal and SN ship even though I know the ship will never leave the dock... :(

Therefore, I'm hoping to see how they do the concubine selections.  I hope there is chance for everyone to see the new SN and how she mastered dance, music and the arts.  Then everyone will know she is someone to reckon with.

sarah.lina said: @sally_b : just to have an idea for you all about the popular character in Empress Ki, it's been one week since the last episode, so even when they don't talk really much about EK :

22th : Wang Yoo (+18)
24th : Tanasili (+7) --> she really doesn't move much, which confirm her popularity :D
45th : Seung Nyang (+16)
46th : Tal Tal (+7)
51th : Tae Hwan (+33)

In the first and second place, it's not a surprise that Jeon Ji Hyun and Kim So Hyun are at the top, and Tanasili with Wang Yoo are the only characters who don't move much, but i don't understand why SN never made it in the top 10 though

Source : Naver