[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

wow waiting for the preview is really driving us to Jupiter :))
and we are back on the love child plot :)
I wouldn't worry about it cause the drama is different than the novel
according to the novel SN should have been pregnant when she reached the palace
and should have had her love plot with WY before............so if they are changing all this
then most of what we know will be changed as well
as for tanashiri ,I'm glad she will not last till the end
and her whole creepy clan family will vanish along with her
I don't think I can stand EL MISERABLE or creepy sibling 2 anymore
I might go kill them myself :))

this a weird fan made picture :))
KiYEj44.jpg?1

credits go HaJiWonHwatuKoreanDrama2013

Ha Ji Won and Joo Jin Mo are nominated for Top Excellence Award on MBC Drama Awards
MBC Drama Awards, “All 20 nominess for Top Excellence Award are also nominess for Daesang.”

List of Nominess per Division:

Mini-series - Male Top Excellence Award 
'메디컬탑팀' 권상우 ‘Medical Top Team’ Kwon Sang Woo
'남자가 사랑할 때' 송승헌 ‘When A Man Loves’ Song Seung Heon
'구가의 서' 이승기 ‘Gu Family Book’ Lee Seung Gi 

Mini-series - Female Top Excellence Award 
'여왕의 교실' 고현정 ‘Queen’s Classroom’
'구가의 서' 배수지 ‘Gu Family Book’ Bae Suzy
'메디컬탑팀' 정려원 ‘Medical Top Team’ Jung Ryeo Won
'7급 공무원' 최강희 ‘Level 7 Civil Servant’ Choi Kang Hee

Special Production Drama - Male Top Excellence Award 
'스캔들' 김재원 ‘Scandal’ Kim Jae Won
'스캔들' 조재현 ‘Scandal’ Jo Jae Hyun
'기황후' 주진모 ‘Empress Ki’ Joo Jin Mo ★★★

Special Production Drama - Female Top Excellence Award 
'불의 여신 정이' 문근영 ‘Goddess of Fire, Jung Yi’ Moon Geun Young
'기황후' 하지원 ‘Empress Ki’ Ha Ji Won ★★★
'스캔들' 신은경 ‘Scandal’ Shin Eun Kyung

Serial Drama - Male Top Excellence Award 
'구암 허준' 김주혁 ‘Gu Am Heo Jun’ Kim Joo Hyuk 
'제왕의 딸 수백향' 이재룡 ‘Kings Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang’ Lee Jae Ryong
'백년의 유산' 이정진 ‘A Hundred Year Legacy’ Lee Jung Jin

Serial Drama - Female Top Excellence Award 
'백년의 유산' 박원숙 ‘A Hundred Year Legacy’ Park Won Suk
'백년의 유산' 유진 ‘A Hundred Year Legacy’ Yoo Jin
'잘났어 정말' 하희라 ‘Good For You’ Ha Hee Ra
'금나와라 뚝딱' 한지혜 ‘I Summon You, Gold’ Han Ji Hye

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20131227n24302
English translation: TK2H_LSG_HJW

petria said: @rinchan76

Call me a incurable romantic, but I don`t think that Nyang`s becoming a concubine will in the same time mean that she is Emperor`s lover for real. More tension? Yes. Bed? Nooo. I expect it to be just a higher level of her bodyguard-mission, helping Ta Hwan and Wang Yoo at the same tame. Ta Hwan will be fully aware of that. As for Wang Yoo, I`m not so sure. Broken hearts, all over the place :-j

petria said:
3) In the last episode, Dang Ki See had a really, really great role, from love to hate, from joy to deepest desperation. We have talked here a few days ago about a possible way of El Terror`s death and I think that @eunsuhae noticed that he will probably commit suicide. After 18th episode, I think that it is equally possible that his son, Ki See, is going to kill him, unpremeditated. Greek tragedy, in both cases.

The cast has a higher chance to win the Top Drama Award and the Top Excellence Award for Ha Ji Won. I don't think that Joo Jin Moo will win Top Excellence Award because Kim Jae Won's Drama had greater ratings (yeah we're a talking about MBC, this **** is all about ratings), I personnaly think that Joo Jin Moo is a better actor that Kim Jae Won though. :D

But Ha Ji Won has also a high chance to win the Daesang a second time if this will be true, she will not win Top Excellence Award.

sarah.lina said: The cast has a higher chance to win the Top Drama Award and the Top Excellence Award for Ha Ji Won. I don't think that Joo Jin Moo will win Top Excellence Award because Kim Jae Won's Drama had greater ratings (yeah we're a talking about MBC, this **** is all about ratings), I personnaly think that Joo Jin Moo is a better actor that Kim Jae Won though. :D

But Ha Ji Won has also a high chance to win the Daesang a second time if this will be true, she will not win Top Excellence Award.

cmiiw...i think the strongest opponent for Ha Ji Won to win daesang award will be Han Ji Hye,right?!
Update: i read this before....

Kim Hye-soo, Hwang Jeong-eum, Ha Ji-won and Lee Bo-yeong, who's more likely to win?

Everyone is curious, who will win the award of the year? One thing is for sure and it's going to be a party for the actresses for sure.

The "2013 KBS Awards" is looking at Kim Hye-soo as a strong candidate. If she wins the Grand Award this year, it'll be her first in 10 years.

She portrayed the most highlighted character through "The Queen of Office" this year and expanded her spectrum. Not only that, this is the rare case of a Japan originated drama relating to the Korean feeling as well.

However, there's always a chance of a twist. Hwang Jeong-eum is also expected to win something meaningful this year. She did her best in "Secrets".

This drama was a step to maturing for her and Heo Ji-woong even said Hwang Jeong-eum could create a controversy by getting the KBS Grand Prize this year.

Joo Won is also not one to be missed. While many actresses are being mentioned for the prize, Joo Won is the only actor who's among them. He proved his fame and abilities in "Ojak Brothers", "Bridal Mask" and other KBS dramas.

MBC was relatively weak this year and doesn't have many candidates to present but still there are Ha Ji-won, Han Ji-hye and Park Won-sook.

Ha Ji-won still has a long way to go with "Empress Qi" but she's succeeded in leading the drama which was a talk of the issue even before it was released.

Han Ji-hye played two roles in "Gold, Appear!" and Park Won-sook was the nastiest mother-in-law in "A Hundred Year's Inheritance".

In SBS there exsists, Lee Yo-won from "Empire of Gold", Lee Bo-yeong from "I Hear Your Voice", So Ji-sub and Kong Hyo-jin, Song Hye-kyo from "That Winter, the Wind Blows" and Soo-ae from "Yawang".

They say it might be push and pull between Lee Yo-won and Lee Bo-yeong. Lee Bo-yeong stood out in "I Hear Your Voice" and Lee Yo-won was respectable in her acting.

© osen, hancinema

[info] Empress Ki will not airing next week (dec 30 31) due MBC award. Instead MBC will give 120 minutes Empress Ki special show which will airing on january 1st 2014 at 2.15pm kst

cr to EK fp WeiboThanks to Amazing Couple for translating

Maybe i'm the only one not caring about those awards much, I just want to see Wonnie walking on red carpet again, sitting in the hall, talking, smiling... uhm... I'm not a pervert, just honestly saying my feelings :D
And Joo Jin Mo, I didnt watch Jae Won's drama so I cant tell, but Joo Jin Mo's acting when he was exiled to Silk Route is amazing! 

Guest walkingintherain

larabn said: petria said: @rinchan76

Call me a incurable romantic, but I don`t think that Nyang`s becoming a concubine will in the same time mean that she is Emperor`s lover for real. More tension? Yes. Bed? Nooo. I expect it to be just a higher level of her bodyguard-mission, helping Ta Hwan and Wang Yoo at the same tame. Ta Hwan will be fully aware of that. As for Wang Yoo, I`m not so sure. Broken hearts, all over the place :-j

Guest lindearist

KYAAAAAAAAAA! I LOVE THE NEW MV! :x Now I understand the song ♡ I cried a bit and pity our emperor so much. I was just "aww" for the whole time watching the video for Ta Hwan, she loves her so much that he wouldn't let go :(( though the appropriate relationship was for SN-WY ('coz ya know.. they have the same feelings for each other).. I think TH's love for SN was just so priceless. too bad it MIGHT end in an other way. thank you @briseis for sharing :)

I should have known better than to check on this thread while at work. I've just gone through the last 20 pages and had the hardest time keeping a straight face because all I wanted to do was to roll on the floor laughing
you guys are so funny =))

as for the year end awards, ofc I'll be happy if Empress Ki wins something but, as @misstear said, seeing HJW with "her men" gracing the red carpet is enough for me :x