[Drama 2013] Cruel City / Heartless City 무정도시

elegance1

@jillia -- I totally agree with you; Hyung Min is too much of hothead to lead a special units team -- he is very smart and quickly figures out there is a coup but his approach is very heavy handed and too emotionally driven. it is probably why he left the force in the first place but when the commissioner calls him back, he promises that it will be run the way Hyung Min wants without any interference at all. so essentially he got to run a team where it is his rules..

but within the drama, it makes for interesting dynamic because the usual route is to depict the cop as being very level headed while the criminal is usually the smart, slightly unscrewed personality. here it is in reverse and Shi Hyun is the cold, collected personality who cares deeply but will still make decisions rather clinically...

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jillia -- there definitely won't be a happy sunset ending in this drama! at the most a bittersweet ending or downright tragic is the most likely route. Am sure to need something light to watch afterwards..

shi hyun is definitely way more interesting right now than Hyung min; as you say, he is boiling inside and is not interested in money -- so then the question is what drives him? why does he want to be boss? is it just a matter of survival? he doesn't seem interested in recognition or respect either; so what does he really want? Once Hyung Min figures that out, he will use whatever means (most likely that sister chick) to manipulate Shi Hyun

Police brutality is never acceptable in real life, but is used on this show for dramatic tension. The drug war has made some of the police as brutal as the criminals. There is corruption in the prosecutor's office. On the flip side, there is sometimes noble behavior among the criminals. All of this is simply for dramatic purposes.
Someone was asking about the music for the show. This clip from Youtube seems to have most of the theme song.

@jina_bing_bang -- I love happy endings and really hate haphazard unclear endings. Even if it is tragic or bittersweet, tell me exactly how it ends.. But even if we viewers want a happy ending for Shi Hyun, it is unlikely. why? look at the lighting! If you have dramas/movies with that kind of lighting, they always end tragic -- its pretty much guaranteed. if the lighting is sunny, then you can almost hope that it will be better..

But yes, it will be definitely interesting to see Soo Min -- hopefully the actress does a good job but stills look really sexy and intriguing, no?

The actor playing Hyung Min is very good, but I wonder if it would be different if Jo Han Seon had played that role. Jo Han Seon was originally cast for that but dropped out.
(Photo from Nate.com)201009081651341003_1.jpg

Guest kawaiiyuki

I've only seen episode 1 and will watch episode 2 soon. But from what i saw in episode 2 so far we're still trying to set up the story.
I thought by episode 2 we'd have soo min go under cover. Guess we have to wait until next week.

What i love so far is we can't tell what SH is think about. I think that is what makes him a good 'drug dealer/crime boss' cause you can't tell what his next move is.

As for the ending i think we're going to get something like the drama East of Edan. Or maybe like "Ghost"-bitter sweet

In preview episode two. Theres one scene when SH met SM again. SM gave him a medicine. But in episode two the scene wasn't exist, wheres the scene? I hope it hadn't cut and will be exist on episode three or four.

Guest jjsweeter0211

tumblr_mnmq4bYGd81qbxx00o2_500.pngtumblr_mnmq4bYGd81qbxx00o1_r1_500.png

Those streets… Let’s swallow them all.” 

tumblr_mnop2jXvJJ1qag92io1_500.png
A mixed-up fate shakes the city 

cr to shur & herdys

Guest atomickitty

I also can't wait for the relationship between Soo Min and Shin Hyun to begin. I think there is something in Soo Min's feeling towards Hyung Min and I'm going to say that maybe she has a one-sided love for him. In the scene where Kyung Mi finds her in the hostess dressing area and, AS USUAL, jumps to conclusions, Soo Min was ready to explain it to her (if only Kyung Mi would stop yelling..) but she looked behind Kyung Mi and saw Hyung Min, then decided to go the bratty route and make it seem that what Kyung Mi assumed was the truth. Did anyone else catch that or is it just me reading into things?

;)

Guest atomickitty

As to the talk about police brutality, there has always been, and will always be, some kind of police brutality. Is it right, absolutely not, but that's just human nature. I know a few cops and really some of them are more scared of the criminals than the criminals are of them. People are insane, you never know what they'll do when cornered. Some might give up, but some might literally want to fight to the death.

Finished watch with subs. This is first mafia drama I love it. Before that i never like drama full with blood. But Doctor's son so catch my attention.

Skinny Jung Kyung Ho so sexy ... its a new brand era hot skinny body .. not with six pack =))

Archived