[Drama 2013] Cruel City / Heartless City 무정도시

elegance1

So too much plot to process -- can someone explain:
* so is the doctor's aunt in cahoots with Safari or is this one of those shifting allegiances?
* how was the network of scale set up? I didn't quite understand it.. so it is not like a triangle?
* so the doc gained control of the distribution channels but does not have hold of the supply. so who holds the supply? why does only Pusan have it? surely there are multiple people selling the stuff right?
* so is chairman mo and pusan the same?
* what happened to the doc's friend? is that end for his character arc?

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@atomickitty -- i checked out cruel city.... i did enjoy it but it does seem rather heavy compared to lightweight puffy AHYI. feel like i really need to pay attention and cannot fast forward... will watch a few more to decide...

so both the cops (girl & guy) seem to be motivated by the desire to clean up the city and be drug free.. am thinking that is rather idealistic and it feels kind of odd since they are both seasoned cops.. after all, it is like bacteria right? you clean it up with detergent and the mould is right there again after a few weeks...has anyone ever met a seasoned cop who is not jaded? even traffic cops seem jaded and all they catch are people who break traffic violations....

@atomickitty -- the cop does seem like he is a step away from going really ape crazy..

Guest atomickitty

@Lmangla
Ya, the cop is pretty nuts and hardcore. I don't know if you watched both episodes so am kinda afraid to spoil. But the reason the cop is so hardcore is because his hyung got addicted to drugs and is now just.. out of it... because of an overdose. And I have a feeling the cop blames his dad, who is a prosecutor, for not trying to put the drug people in jail sooner. You saw what happened when they arrested the drug dealer who took a kid as payment for drugs. The prosecutor's office came and took the drug dealer away saying that they will handle it. The next thing you know, the drug dealer was out singing and drinking with girls and one of the prosecutors that work for the cops dad.

That's why I think he's going to go even more nuts if his girl dies. I think she does or I think I read somewhere that she does. That's when he'll be nuts enough to use the girl from the convenience store, a civilian, to go undercover and try to catch Doc. And of course, Doc and Convenience store girl will fall in love. It's gonna be messy and I can't wait!

You probably had the questions below answered, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to throw in my few cents.

* so is the doctor's aunt in cahoots with Safari or is this one of those shifting allegiances?
definitely a shifting allegiance. I think she cares for Doc and doesn't want him to get hurt. But without a doubt, if it came down to him or her, she would pick herself.

* how was the network of scale set up? I didn't quite understand it.. so it is not like a triangle?
Scale was the supplier but he has to get his supply from somewhere. And he got his supply from Busan. I don't think drugs work the way say.. your local store works. I don't think when you run out of stuff to sell you can just get it anywhere. I think in every city, there's one distributor who gets it from who knows where. That's why they are always having turf wars and killing each other to gain more sections of the city that they basically own. Where no one else is allowed to come in and take over. If you want to take over, be prepared for a fight. Sort of what Doc is going through.

* so the doc gained control of the distribution channels but does not have hold of the supply. so who holds the supply? why does only Pusan have it? surely there are multiple people selling the stuff right?
I think I answered some of that up top.

* so is chairman mo and pusan the same?
We're not sure yet. For all we know, he's also a puppet just like Safari and Scale are

* what happened to the doc's friend? is that end for his character arc
I think the friend is going to be alright. He's hurt badly but I think he needs to recuperate. Like the aunt warned him, be careful of having women troubles since you love them all so much and equally.

I like how smart the cop (Hyung Min) and Doc (Shi Hyun) are. When in the end of the second episode, Hyung Min figured out the girl wasn't who she said she was. I said "Good for you!!! Don't let them try to play you!!". And also Shi Hyun, when he confronted the aunt and pretty much told her he knew everything that was going on. Two smart men. I can't wait to see how their game of cat and mouse goes.

:)

Guest trixicopper

I am really liking this! I love that show is dark. Now if show just continues on in that vein and doesn't chicken out. ( as unfortunately others have) Also you've just gotta love a show where both sides are SMART! Ruthless doesn't hurt either. :) I want MOAR!  :)

@atomickitty- I finally watched 1&2 ep. Very intrigue... I've never got into a Dark Drama before!! Well i guess this will be the first...Scale had the nerve to tell Shi Hyun. you dodge? I threw that to hit you, and you dodge? "Look"You Damn right i'm gonna dodge #:-S Your crazy looking fool. Oh and the man that gave his Daughter away for Drugs, Really needs a serious Beat Down  b-(  And Hyeong Min's Friend was Convulsion from the Mouth for a Syringe." My Lordy" Help me :((  Last but not Least.. Like i said about the Drama Dating Agency Cyano!!! It had me on the edge of my seat.After watching this one, It also does, as well of having my Legs Shaken for more!! Atomickitty u did this to me.... "MY GOD" Give me the strengh to wait for ep.3  [-O<

Guest atomickitty

@suchadiva42
I'm sorry I did that to you but it's good right?? heee heee heeee..

I'm going to hold off on Shark till it gets to episode 10 before I continue watching. Cruel City and Dating Agency Cyrano are my new favorites and have been added to my weekly rotation. It's definitely darker than the usual Kdrama. I mean, the lead has killed people or hurt them severely already. I hate to say it but I like that. It makes it more real. Who's ever heard of a drug kingpin who hasn't hurt or killed someone? If it was on a regular channel, he would be the kingpin with heart that never killed or hurt anyone. I'm not here for that.. I'm here for gritty. I hope it continues this way and doesn't lose it's bite in the middle.

suchadiva42 said: @atomickitty- I finally watched 1&2 ep. Very intrigue... I've never got into a Dark Drama before!! Well i guess this will be the first...Scale had the nerve to tell Shi Hyun. you dodge? I threw that to hit you, and you dodge? "Look"You Damn right i'm gonna dodge #:-S Your crazy looking fool. Oh and the man that gave his Daughter away for Drugs, Really needs a serious Beat Down  b-(  And Hyeong Min's Friend was Convulsion from the Mouth for a Syringe." My Lordy" Help me :((  Last but not Least.. Like i said about the Drama Dating Agency Cyano!!! It had me on the edge of my seat.After watching this one, It also does, as well of having my Legs Shaken for more!! Atomickitty u did this to me.... "MY GOD" Give me the strengh to wait for ep.3  [-O<

atomickitty said: @suchadiva42
I'm sorry I did that to you but it's good right?? heee heee heeee..

I'm going to hold off on Shark till it gets to episode 10 before I continue watching. Cruel City and Dating Agency Cyrano are my new favorites and have been added to my weekly rotation. It's definitely darker than the usual Kdrama. I mean, the lead has killed people or hurt them severely already. I hate to say it but I like that. It makes it more real. Who's ever heard of a drug kingpin who hasn't hurt or killed someone? If it was on a regular channel, he would be the kingpin with heart that never killed or hurt anyone. I'm not here for that.. I'm here for gritty. I hope it continues this way and doesn't lose it's bite in the middle.

dimples21 said: suchadiva42 said: @atomickitty- I finally watched 1&2 ep. Very intrigue... I've never got into a Dark Drama before!! Well i guess this will be the first...Scale had the nerve to tell Shi Hyun. you dodge? I threw that to hit you, and you dodge? "Look"You Damn right i'm gonna dodge #:-S Your crazy looking fool. Oh and the man that gave his Daughter away for Drugs, Really needs a serious Beat Down  b-(  And Hyeong Min's Friend was Convulsion from the Mouth for a Syringe." My Lordy" Help me :((  Last but not Least.. Like i said about the Drama Dating Agency Cyano!!! It had me on the edge of my seat.After watching this one, It also does, as well of having my Legs Shaken for more!! Atomickitty u did this to me.... "MY GOD" Give me the strengh to wait for ep.3  [-O<

Archived