(OFFICIAL) Micheoseo Couple T♥G Taecyeon ♥ Gui Gui; Global Couple Thread !! TaecGui ♥ YeonJie Part 1

Admin

Guest cannakat

cryjingle said:

Many people here know that I’m an Asian-wannabe (meaning not Asian, so pretends to be Asian. kekeke) so will somebody kindly enlighten me.  chinlylin? cannakat? labbit?  Thanks. 
Shoooo, anti-TaecGui lurkers! I don’t lurk in your forums so don’t lurk here. If you don’t want to get bent out of shape, stay where you belong. 
I want to know if it’s typical Taiwanese behavior for a girl to ask for her guy’s coat when she’s cold, and when the guy offers it up for her to wear, she hands it back to him, saying that she’s fine without it after all?  Is this a typical test for guys or is somebody being a copycat?  Because I just saw it done again in Season 2.  I don’t mind when Guigui did it.  But when I saw it for the second time around, my reaction was “Oh come on! That’s been done already. Be original, will you?”
Also, is it a Taiwanese ritual to carry the wife to the bedroom? I watched how Guigui hesitantly explained to TY about this “tradition” and TY also remembered watching a namjja carry the girl, on tv.  He said the scene left an indelible impression on him, thus he willingly carried GG up the two flights of stairs to the bedroom.  But then I saw the action done again in Season 2, but this time, the husbunny complained about how heavy the wife was and he barely carried her 10 steps before abruptly dropping her. So, now, I’m wondering if Asian brides do really expect their grooms to carry them or is somebody being a copycat here?
I don’t know what to expect. When I’m seeing a REPEAT of some memorable moments in Season 1, I’d like to know if the directors or scriptwriters of Season 2 are emulating the very successful interaction between Taecgui, or a castmember of Season 2 is merely ACTING like a stereotypical Taiwanese girl. If it’s the latter, then I’d wish she’d stop because it's confusing this Asian-wannabe.

Guest cryjingle

As far as I know, the cold test is quite common, the girl gives hints that she's cold and see how the guy will react, but not to the extent of asking for the coat directly, I would think that asking for the coat is more for TV, gives the guy a chance to show their kindness and gain more fans lol, because rationally speaking, the guy couldn't say no unless he wants to appear mean on global television.

Carrying the bride part, I haven't been to a Taiwanese weddings where the groom did carry the bride. The traditional wedding rituals are mostly dictated by the parents

or some know-it-all aunty lol, they are solemn and not that fun for the groom and

bride. But the way the man carry the woman in front of his body, is literally called "bride carry" or "princess carry", so I guess it does exist, maybe others know more about it?

I think I've read somewhere that Chinese thinking is that the bride is not supposed to 'walk in' by herself into her new home (it is not lucky), she should be 'carried in' by her husband, thus this 'bride carry' habit for a bride to enter her home for the first time. But I'm not quite sure if this is just Taiwanese habit or generally a Chinese habit :P

Guest lok2ming

packmule3 said: Many people here know that I’m an Asian-wannabe (meaning not Asian, so pretends to be Asian. kekeke) so will somebody kindly enlighten me.  @chinlylin? @cannakat? @labbit?  Thanks. 
Shoooo, anti-TaecGui lurkers! I don’t lurk in your forums so don’t lurk here. If you don’t want to get bent out of shape, stay where you belong. I'm not responsible for your emotions. 
I want to know if it’s typical Taiwanese behavior for a girl to ask for her guy’s coat when she’s cold, and when the guy offers it up for her to wear, she hands it back to him, saying that she’s fine without it after all?  Is this a typical test for guys or is somebody being a copycat?  Because I just saw it done again in Season 2.  I don’t mind when Guigui did it.  But when I saw it for the second time around, my reaction was “Oh come on! That’s been done already. Be original, will you?”
Also, is it a Taiwanese ritual to carry the wife to the bedroom? I watched how Guigui hesitantly explained to TY about this “tradition” and TY also remembered watching a namjja carry the girl, on tv.  He said the scene left an indelible impression on him, thus he willingly carried GG up the two flights of stairs to the bedroom.  But then I saw the action done again in Season 2, but this time, the husbunny complained about how heavy the wife was and he barely carried her 10 steps before abruptly dropping her. So, now, I’m wondering if Asian brides do really expect their grooms to carry them or is somebody being a copycat here?
I don’t know what to expect. When I’m seeing a REPEAT of some memorable moments in Season 1, I’d like to know if the directors or scriptwriters of Season 2 are emulating the very successful interaction between Taecgui, or a castmember of Season 2 is merely ACTING like a stereotypical Taiwanese girl. If it’s the latter, then I’d wish she’d stop because it's confusing this Asian-wannabe.

cannakat

said:

packmule3

said:

Many people here know that I’m an Asian-wannabe (meaning not Asian, so pretends to be Asian. kekeke) so will somebody kindly enlighten me.  @chinlylin? @cannakat? @labbit?  Thanks. 
Shoooo, anti-TaecGui lurkers! I don’t lurk in your forums so don’t lurk here. If you don’t want to get bent out of shape, stay where you belong. I'm not responsible for your emotions. 

wink.

Aye, aye, captain. :)
As for me, @angelangie. I really don't know if I'm seeing similarities between Season 1 or 2 DUE TO a cultural phenomenon or an individual choice. If what @cryjingle said here is true, http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/27288457/#Comment_27288457then there's no point in discussing it because it's an individual choice or decision made by the directors and cast members. 

But if it is a cultural phenomenon, i.e., there IS a tradition of carrying the wife over the threshold because of a superstition, then I'd like to know those traditional acts/rites because that will allow us to better understand why Guigui does what she does. You know what I mean...    
059966be78d949c92becca3c052552bd.jpg
angelangie said: Guys lets leave the S2 out from here......just enjoy the show and lets not compare them to uri TaecGui 
as each couple are to themselves....there will be similarities which cant be avoided.....so let it be.....i myself watch it as an entertainment but honestly there is no pull for me.......
no matter what it understandable that we will always find or try to looks for traces on uri TaecGui in S2 as to be honest there are things that never beat S1 as they are the first in everything.....and sometimes when we see something in S2 automatically our brain will works to find the similarities....or sometimes it just even click.....to me who didnt really fully watch S2....i refuses to find the similarities as to me they are not uri TaecGui....
TaecGui is TaecGui and S2 is S2 so let it be guys

angelangie said:

packmule3

said:

But tell me another thing, because I'm such an idiot when it comes to cultural differences.  Do Taiwanese girls brave the WINTRY weather in short shorts just to be fashionable?  We know how Guigui can be such a fashion terrorist but at least I've never seen her in skimpy shorts in the cold.  You see, every time I see a girl freezing her skinny behind because it's below freezing outside and she's wearing inappropriate clothes, I feel like kicking her aforementioned skinny behind. 
And @leechalee knows how I commented about girls wearing UGGS with their shorts. Here's another one for you @leechalee.

credit: themetapicture

packmule3 said: Aye, aye, captain. :)
As for me, @angelangie. I really don't know if I'm seeing similarities between Season 1 or 2 DUE TO a cultural phenomenon or an individual choice. If what @cryjingle said here is true, http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/27288457/#Comment_27288457then there's no point in discussing it because it's an individual choice or decision made by the directors and cast members. 

But if it is a cultural phenomenon, i.e., there IS a tradition of carrying the wife over the threshold because of a superstition, then I'd like to know those traditional acts/rites because that will allow us to better understand why Guigui does what she does. You know what I mean...    

angelangie said: Lmangla said: packmule3 said: Aye, aye, captain. :)

angelangie

said:

packmule3

said:

angelangie

said:

packmule3

said:

But tell me another thing, because I'm such an idiot when it comes to cultural differences.  Do Taiwanese girls brave the WINTRY weather in short shorts just to be fashionable?  We know how Guigui can be such a fashion terrorist but at least I've never seen her in skimpy shorts in the cold.  You see, every time I see a girl freezing her skinny behind because it's below freezing outside and she's wearing inappropriate clothes, I feel like kicking her aforementioned skinny behind. 
And @leechalee knows how I commented about girls wearing UGGS with their shorts. Here's another one for you @leechalee.

credit: themetapicture

Guest bluemoonlight

Some pics from Book 2 of uri TaecGui :x
Sorry I don't have a scanner, so these were taken with my phone...
ibsIGv50nTNAQO.jpg

The first few pages were "special" pics as they called it...hehe (even though we've already seen these, but still so sweet & beautiful)
Eye contact ;;)ibhlCzSnU4r5kJ.jpg

They edited this part from the broadcast where they actually touched foreheads... :\">iGTZpKF4MZXuC.jpg

This one is so sweet as well.ibookdq3dmvRtI.jpg

I will post some of the comic section soon... ;)

bluemoonlight said: Some pics from Book 2 of uri TaecGui :x

The first few pages were "special" pics as they called it...hehe (even though we've already seen these, but still so sweet & beautiful)
Eye contact ;;)

They edited this part from the broadcast where they actually touched foreheads... :\">

This one is so sweet as well.

Guest bluemoonlight

Lmangla said: bluemoonlight said: Some pics from Book 2 of uri TaecGui :x
Eye contact ;;)
They edited this part from the broadcast where they actually touched foreheads... :\">
This one is so sweet as well.

Lmangla

said:

@packmule3 -- honestly was under the impression that taec carried her at the house and beach as part of the script/cues given by the script writer; it didn't seem spontaneous on either one's part and rather like being ordered by the older aunty to do something and you do it and it is hilarious for everyone else watching -- thats how it came across...GuiGui asked and then when he stepped forward, she actually steps back terribly embarrassed. but Taec understood that it was part of the script and so was like, "okay, yea..." 

packmule3 said:

Lmangla

said:

@packmule3 -- honestly was under the impression that taec carried her at the house and beach as part of the script/cues given by the script writer; it didn't seem spontaneous on either one's part and rather like being ordered by the older aunty to do something and you do it and it is hilarious for everyone else watching -- thats how it came across...GuiGui asked and then when he stepped forward, she actually steps back terribly embarrassed. but Taec understood that it was part of the script and so was like, "okay, yea..." 

Archived