[Drama 2013] Master's Sun 주군의 태양

jaiwook_08

• Replies 32.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the writers crack me up. they are taking bits of fairytale and creating a tale of their of own -- want to pat them on their shoulder for the great work; the drama is chock full of random fairytale references and it was so much fun to pick up on some of them....

Here are some I saw. Can you find more?
== her being a cleaner -- Cinderella
== the mall is actually called Kingdom. He is the CEO of the Kingdom. (Once upon a time, in a kingdom far away, there was a prince...)
== He cuts off the white rose in ep 1 and it falls. The old man curses him and it is pouring rain (Beauty & the beast; the beast will remain until the enchanted flower wilts, it is raining and he refuses to let the witch in)
== the next door upcoming mall is called Giant (Jack and the beanstalk where he meets the giant)
== the pink shoe and betrayed wifey ghost (Cinderalla losing her shoe at the ball)
== walking around with a tissue box (midnight! Cinderalla loses her clothes and back in rags)
== beauty obsessed ghost (mirror on the wall and the queen from Snow White)
== her ballet dancing at his house when she is possessed (12 dancing princesses)
== charity event/fundraiser where aunt even invites some important people's daughters (Cinderella; the ball where the prince has to choose a princess)
== security guard calling them the master and his concubine -- reference to some traditional folklore?
== mr. security checking on Gong Sil (huntsman from Snow White)
== her desperate need to sleep (Snow White and her sleeping at the dwarf's cabin as well as her enchanted sleeping...)

so according to the writers, it seems like even the ghosts are materialistic even after they have passed on and still can be obsessed with physical objects. so we have the coffee-deprived ghost, the wifey ghost and her pink shoe, plastic surgery/weird makeup ghost.... by the way, what kind of mall is this that there are so many ghosts floating around? I have to really wonder about going into malls during off-hours...

It makes me laugh that GS is surrounded by opportunists who try to use her for rather funny reasons.. We have the kids who sold her out for ice cream for the summer, the security team who invite her to their gathering, buy her coffee and greet her nicely as it makes sense to butter up to "concubine of the master", JW keeping her as his "radar" because he wants his 10 billion won back....

hi guys!! i'm currently watching episode 4 with sub right now' date=' and i just realized, that maybe, just maybe.. that it was the aunt who actually kidnapped Joo won. he kept on asking about his first love and she even mentioned that her money will never dry up. it just gave me a hint when joo won asked cha hee joo (in taeyang's body) where his money is. hehehe. just sharing.[/quote']

Dongsaeng!!!! Nae ga holmana bogoshippo! Finally we meet again here. Noona missed U..

@Hannahmiriam

Well, we don't know for sure it's a woman, if it's themasked person you mean. It can be a woman but not necessarily. The kidnapper is shown to have ran away but that can be another assumption by the police, just the way they assumed that the shoe ghust in ep 3 lost her shoe for being drunk. Thus what Mr.Kim recollects can be the police version of the story.

Anyhow, anything is possible ;)

when I saw the "you need some male energy scene", it made sense in a rather convoluted way. why? someone at work once told me in full earnest that to relieve my migraines, I should get a man and that would correct the chemical imbalance in the body. My response was a gobsmacked "huh??????????" so if people can think getting male energy relieves migraines (poor pharma companies are apparently so deluded), then obviously, it can be a ghost deterrent too right? by the way, do people remember what was in ghostbusters' guns? what do you think? female energy? male energy?

EDIT: @missabeat, @orion -- what do you girls think is in ghostbusters' guns? :P

really felt GS' embarrassment in ep 3 & 4 -- she graduated from a good university, was smart and now everyone thinks she is basically cuckoo. when she says the truth that someone is bad, nobody believes her because they don't see what she does. so when she tells JW how relieved she is to meet him, it makes sense. after a long time, she is her self when she is with him. no wonder, even he was moved enough to give her his actual number.

@rrmski -- yea, he would be so bored without her.. he is already getting close to that stage.. it is going to be so much fun to see him follow her around...

episode 4 is DAE-to-the-BAK!! my heart beat faster when JJW come to rescue TGS, hug her and say "your shelter come, hide!"i didn't expecting that JJW will come to rescue his 10-billion-worth-radar   :x
i see some similarities between Jo Jong Won and Dok Go Jin character from the other Hong sister drama The Best Love in 2011 the way JJW speak is kinda like the way DGJ speak. They both HOT!! 
^:)^

Guest chajoowon

Lmangla said: really felt GS' embarrassment in ep 3 & 4 -- she graduated from a good university, was smart and now everyone thinks she is basically cuckoo. when she says the truth that someone is bad, nobody believes her because they don't see what she does. so when she tells JW how relieved she is to meet him, it makes sense. after a long time, she is her self when she is with him. no wonder, even he was moved enough to give her his actual number.

@rrmski -- yea, he would be so bored without her.. he is already getting close to that stage.. it is going to be so much fun to see him follow her around...

Guest colleenfh

@uglypearl  I did not mean to imply that HJ was the only kidnapper, I think she was used by whoever orchestrated the kidnapping so that person's identity would not be discovered.  I also think that HJ was always meant to be murdered by the person behind the kidnapping.  As for the form of the ransom payment diamonds are easier to move around than huge cases of cash.  Also those are older heirloom diamonds so they do not have the lasered on serial numbers that newer diamonds have to show that they are not conflict diamonds, which makes them harder to trace.  Another problem with cash besides bulk, is that the bills have numbers on them which make them easy to trace.

Archived