SM Entertainment

Guest ginaaax3

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

maybe this was already answered, sorry if it was, i was browsing thorugh and i saw someone say that you're not allowed to sing SM songs? is that true? should we choose a non-SM song?

it's not that it's not allowed...it's just HIGHLY suggested that you not...because the judges really dont like it when ppl sing SM songs, plus they will probably compare you to the original...

Guest K-popMiko

Hi guys! Thanks for creating this awesome topic! I had a question tho.....I'm trying out for dancing and I heard that you get only about 30 seconds.....so....

(1)Does SM perfer you to make up your own choreo to the music you'll be using or is it okay if you copy a choreo routine?

(2)If they dont mind you copying the choreography is it also not reccomended to choose something from SM (like singing) since they will compare you to the actual artists?

(3)Also, do any of you have any suggestions (music videos, dance battles, etc.) for some good choreo routines that can really make you stand out and allow you to show off your "moves?" I'm thinking about using Flip Reverse...but i dunno......can you guys help me out??

For dancing yeah, it's freestyle. And for the choreography choice, it's probably the same since there are a lot of people who have danced to TVXQ's Rising Sun and BoA's My Name. Good choreo routines...Depends, there are a lot of variety out there and what you're dancing to. Just browse youtube and you'll find some good stuff there. Try to pierce different stuff together and the like.

Guest miyeOnx3

sorry guys. i have a few questions.

okay so if i wanted to try out as a dancer..

but i was just an average singer..

do you think they'd accept me cause i ve been told im a good dancer..but im thinking that just dancing alone wont get me too far..esp cause singing is the main thing there...ya know? >_<;

Guest c1ndykrap

Singing isnt the 'main' thing right now. Everything is a main thing. Its just that a lot of people are going for singing more than the other stuff. I think you should do both? But if you do, i think you should do Dance first becos then it shows that dancing is your first priority than singing. & You wanna get in more for dancing right? So yeah. just my opinion.~ :)

Guest .melee.

i was wondering if some of you wouldn't mind giving me advice

i was interested in singing and modelling.

i posted this before in my own thread but got very few replies so i was hoping that you guys will help ^^

there are a few mistakes i know >< my brothers were being very distracting xD

song: Against All Odds

originally by: Phil Collins

language: English

duration: 3:19

url: HERE

i still haven't decided on what kind of song to sing or what song to sing

suggestions are welcomed =)

and here are a few pics i snapped

img1899cy6.th.jpgimg14831dk8.th.jpgimg1724xp4.th.jpgimg1608at9.th.jpgimg1605af7.th.jpg

please comment =)

it would be very very VERY much appreicated!

um.. for the song idt a guy song is good idea. u were struggling to get to the low notes and sometimes u were off key. i think u should sing a girl song that will show off all u got. so maybe like mariah carey - hero or alicia keys( n e song of hers is good) kelly clarkson - because of u Christina aguleria - beautiful or lady marmalade or britney spears - I'mm not a girl, not yet a women. something like those.

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

wait, but didn't they say it doens't have to be from a movie or something? you can make up your own?

it doesnt...^^

you can make up your own scene...

Guest jaejoong<3

I have a question :x Can you audition for a singer and for a dancer? :x Because for the singer they make you do the rythym test but for dancer you bring your own cd :x

And also, I'm still kinda confused on what "free posing" is T_T like are they looking for poses that you would see models doing in magazines and stuff or? :x Because i remember I watched this one audition where the girl did the thing where she poked her cheek with one finger (does that make sense? :x) and so I dunno :x *falls*

And good luck to all of you that are auditioning :D I'm not auditioning this year becuase i'm not ready yet :x (I just needed to know to be prepared ^^; )

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

I have a question :x Can you audition for a singer and for a dancer? :x Because for the singer they make you do the rythym test but for dancer you bring your own cd :x

And also, I'm still kinda confused on what "free posing" is T_T like are they looking for poses that you would see models doing in magazines and stuff or? :x Because i remember I watched this one audition where the girl did the thing where she poked her cheek with one finger (does that make sense? :x) and so I dunno :x *falls*

And good luck to all of you that are auditioning :D I'm not auditioning this year becuase i'm not ready yet :x (I just needed to know to be prepared ^^; )

you can audition for as many things as you want ^^

free posing...you just do whatever you wanna...three poses...ten seconds each ^^

it doesnt...^^

you can make up your own scene...

thankyou!!

mei-ahn: i don't think you should send the last 3 pictures in, because i think just want like a simple picutre of you. more like a passport picture. because if you have the one you have, you can't really see you whole face.

Guest dankyung

ok this is driving me insane..

i feel like i can get far.. like i have confidence i won't let people break me. but i feel right now im breaking myself.. so m thiknking im ok right now singing and dancing.. but. right now. my face is the biggest concern. im not the most.. attractive person out there. and my skin is beyong me. i always think.. wat if i don't make it cause of how i look.. this is just like driving me nuts. and i see everyone saying o yea 40% LOOKS. and i just like.. fck.. im screwed.. they'll be likescrew yu yur face isn't good enough -_____-

Guest LEE.YU

SM. we are accepting innocent student-type people.

but just because ur innocent looking doesnt mean you're immediately accepted

we're looking at the innocent/naive student look.

i'm more confident now, haha. people have told me i look 12 = =

i'm like no dammit! and people who just meet me thinks i'm innocent

and my friends will have this her?-are-you-serious-look :X

one question! i was thinking of singing angel by amanda perez, but the problem is

my name is angel. so if i go "hi my name is angel, and i'm going to sing angel etc."

would they like laugh at me or get annoyed by me and just cut me off? >__<;;

Guest .melee.

mei-ahn: i don't think you should send the last 3 pictures in, because i think just want like a simple picutre of you. more like a passport picture. because if you have the one you have, you can't really see you whole face.

i sent them this one

img1527di0.th.jpg

xD and i'm still struggling to find a song.

question. prob has been answered before...

do we just go in and sing it to them accapella?

and for modelling,

free posing...you just do whatever you wanna...three poses...ten seconds each ^^

so does that mean you have to do 3 poses and get 10secs to decide on ur next pose? or hold it for 10secs? xD

also do they just see or do they take pics of your poses and see how they came out, like if you're photogenic etc?

ok this is driving me insane..

i feel like i can get far.. like i have confidence i won't let people break me. but i feel right now im breaking myself.. so m thiknking im ok right now singing and dancing.. but. right now. my face is the biggest concern. im not the most.. attractive person out there. and my skin is beyong me. i always think.. wat if i don't make it cause of how i look.. this is just like driving me nuts. and i see everyone saying o yea 40% LOOKS. and i just like.. fck.. im screwed.. they'll be likescrew yu yur face isn't good enough -_____-

I think u don't have to be so worried about looks if u have talent...

Even if u are not that pretty, if u have charisma,it's okay.

And even in sm, I think some artists are not so pretty but have talent, so don't worry that much about that.

I don't know if u read the other thread on sm, but there's also a lot of people who are concerned by their looks, but if u debut, I think they will do everything to make u appear very pretty (as make up, hair, the way u are dressed... ) (I don't talk about surgery lol)

I read on the other thread that there was a girl who was very pretty but who couldn't sing so they didn't take her so that's why I think if u really have talent, u can make it (and there's also a lot of singers who are not that attractive but who can sing really well,even in the Korean industry so I think it's okay)

So don't worry ^^ and good luck for the audition!! Aja aja fighting!!