Quantcast
ginaaax3

SM Entertainment

Those have got to be the most helpful answers I've found all week. XDD Thank you so much!

Another question though; how much of a song should we sing? whole song, half a song, or just one part?

just the chorus....cause you only have a limited time to sing...^O^

10) After that, they will play a music and everyone had to free-style dance to the tune

meaning everyone whos auditioning for dance or just everyone in general?? bc im going to audition for model...but i can dance just i dont have confidence to audition w/ it.. =p so if EVERYONE inc. aspiring models dance...woo lol i just love to dance

bo banna

anneyen THANK YOUUUUU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 LAST QUSTION!!!!!!!!!!!

- If we introduce ourselves in Korean (i'm chinese but i'm learning korean), do they expect us to fully know korean, so then they would be speaking to us in korean the whole time????

If thats the case then should we do it at all? or not???

anneyen, again I want to say THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was wondering. what if you dance (freestyle) like "cute" image. like hyun kyung.. would that count? ..cause i cant dance. period.

suggestions of songs ..sort of high pitched with american AND korean parts? ..that sounds pretty?

(anyone have the lyrics of tears by t??) ..mabye i should goto the lyrics thread... O_o

thank YOUUUU~~!!

How many songs must we prepare for the pre.? And if you move on to the finals, do you have to sing another song that you have prepared or do they tell you to sing a specific song? Also, is the final done in acapella too?

thank u soo much!!~!!! well im korean so like would i just say hi im blah blah and im # ____. can i say my korean name?? and would it be better if i sang a korean or english song? and like if u try out for dancing too can i do a routine dance. cuz i want to do a super junior song cuz i no their dances. and is it ok if u sing the song by ur pitch?? like u cant get like high high as them but u can go high. u no? lol

would i stand any less of a chance if i have glasses on? or should i get a pair of those 1 day contacts.

xD the pic i sent them was me w/out glasses =X

Its up to you whether you want to wear glasses or get a pair of glasses. I am short sighted too but i don't look good wearing glasses so i sent about 7 photos of myself without glasses and 2 wearing hanbok (you may not need to send that much of photos though, im not a successful contestant so don't follow my footsteps :P ) ... I wore lenses on the day of audition, i wear them everyday anyway. Wear glasses if it suits you well ... the look differs for everyone isn't it?

just how did you introduce yourself? just your name and #? and just how would you say that in krn?

since you all say that they seem to be looking at speaking Chinese, would you recommend saying it in Chinese or Krn? (i'm Chinese btw but have no idea how to speak ><) xD i can introduce myself in japanese!

and... how would you say it in Krn & Chinese?

During the Malaysia audition i don't think there were any Japanese contestants though, mainly Chinese and Koreans. If you are Chinese it is better if you introduce yourself in Mandarin, if you are Korean it is better if you introduce yourself in Korean ... but if you're not well well verse in any of the language, it is better if you just speak English ... i understand the problem that you guys may face with the language situation coz my primary language is English and i picked up the other languages later. Don't introduce yourself in other languages (such as Korean or Japanese) unless you are confident about your knowledge in the language.

You can also write your name in Korean in the registration form if you want to! It would be better if you could also write in Korean i think ;)

By the way, the phrases are:

Chinese (Mandarin):

Da Jia Hau, Wo Shi 99 Hau XXX. Jin Nian 99 Sui.

Hello, I am contestant number 99 and my name is XXX. I am 99 years of age.

Korean: - Im not Korean and ive just started learning Korean only a year ago, so please correct me if i am wrong.

Ahnyunghaseyo, Naega XXX Imnida!

Hello, I am XXX. (Note: It is more polite if youuse Chega rather than Naega)

If we introduce ourselves in Korean (i'm chinese but i'm learning korean), do they expect us to fully know korean, so then they would be speaking to us in korean the whole time????

If thats the case then should we do it at all? or not???

They don't really aspect non Korean contestants to know Korean fully but i think they aspect at least intermediate knowledge of the language. So if you can't speak it that well, don't say it ... :)

How many songs must we prepare for the pre.? And if you move on to the finals, do you have to sing another song that you have prepared or do they tell you to sing a specific song? Also, is the final done in acapella too?

Maybe you could prepare about 2 songs - 1 upbeat and 1 slow song. I don't think there is a finals for this audition, they take in the trainees once they have selected, is it like this? ... not sure about this ... maybe somebody else can answer this question.

Well im korean so like would i just say hi im blah blah and im # ____. can i say my korean name?? and would it be better if i sang a korean or english song? and like if u try out for dancing too can i do a routine dance. cuz i want to do a super junior song cuz i no their dances. and is it ok if u sing the song by ur pitch?? like u cant get like high high as them but u can go high. u no? lol

Yes, you can certainly say your name in Korean. Even non Koreans can say their name in Korean.

Since you are Korean, i think it would be better if you sing Korean songs ... they seem to prefer to communicate in Hangul with Koreans.

About the dance, you are required to dance to a complete song. Whether or not its a routine dance its up to you coz i think they aspect some special dance moves and skills for dancing. But of course for dancing, the movements must look nice. I think they prefer local cultures of the area where they hold the audition. In the Malaysia audition there was one girl who dance to a music that was some sort like native/aborigine music and they were interested. Two other girls dance to Boa's music. You can dance to any songs and maybe Super Junior songs is a good choice. Songs in any language is accepted.

Yeah, it is ok to sing songs that suit your pitch. About the high note thing, they are most probably trying to test the contestant voice range.

^^ lol one step faster

By the way, the phrases are:

Chinese (Mandarin):

Da Jia Hau, Wo Shi 99 Hau XXX. Jin Nian 99 Sui.

Hello, I am contestant number 99 and my name is XXX. I am 99 years of age.

Korean: - Im not Korean and ive just started learning Korean only a year ago, so please correct me if i am wrong.

They don't really aspect non Korean contestants to know Korean fully but i think they aspect at least intermediate knowledge of the language. So if you can't speak it that well, don't say it ... :)

Maybe you could prepare about 2 songs - 1 upbeat and 1 slow song. I don't think there is a finals for this audition, they take in the trainees once they have selected, is it like this? ... not sure about this ... maybe somebody else can answer this question.

Corrected Korean Introduction:

Ahnyounghasaeyo, Juhneun -~-~-~- Imnida. <---- the bolded part. Naega means 'I Will' as in 'I will do it'. (Naega halkkae!)

These are questions asked by Ella_Kwan in a PM

What kind of song do they want you to sing? More Pop & R&B? Is it okay if we sing a country song be/c it's full of high notes? & What about Broadway songs? What types of songs were your audition people singing?

I think they prefer more R&B ... but actually, any type of songs is okay. They prefer something authentic and original base on what the people in the audition area like. They don't like immitations or doing something just to please them. In Malaysia most people sang R&B, mainly Japanese, Korean and Chinese songs ... few sang English songs. Well, that is because songs in these languages are more popular in Malaysia.

I know they dont like people to sing SM songs but do you know if it's okay if we sing the original song that one of their artiste has done before? What i mean is, Example: Jang Ri & Xiah sang "TimeLess" but it's from Kelly Clarkson & Justin Gurine, they sang it first & it's in English, do you think we could sing an english verison?

They didn't show any dislike for contestants singing SM songs ... you can sing any type of song. If you can sing SM songs well then go ahead. It all depends on each contestants individual skills. You can even sing songs taht you composed by yourself.

IF you want to say who you arein Korean it's JUh Neun (name) im ni dah.

^^ lol one step faster

Corrected Korean Introduction:

Ahnyounghasaeyo, Juhneun -~-~-~- Imnida. <---- the bolded part. Naega means 'I Will' as in 'I will do it'. (Naega halkkae!)

Wow .. thank you so much for correcting me ... now i get to understand the Korean sentence construction better.

I wouldn't say naegah or jaegah.. that's wrong =]

Naegah you wouldn't say because you're speaking to adults first off = if you say naegah they'll probably get angry actually and feel really offended. haha... cuz korean people are like extremely gar when it comes to that 'older' person thing.. haha.. Jae gah isn't the proper word either in this sentence grammatically.

Say like: "Ahnyunghasaeyo ("hello").. Jae Eeh Reum Eun ("my name is") ____ ae yoh."

OR... same kinda thing, "Ahnyunghasaeyo (hello) ___fillinname____ eeb nee dah (both are good -- formal).

When you are like greeting a person you meet - you could say "Juh Neun ____ yeh yo" (i am ___ ) but that's not the same as "my name is ___" so do not use this phrase, use the first.

You could also say "nice to meet you, glad to meet you...or it's a pleasure" with the phrase:

"bahn gahb seub nee dah" =]

(and smile?) haha.

Age....

(haha, i'm reading off my korean textbook for college) HAHA... cuz i myself don't trust my own brain for this thing hehe... so yeah..

"___#__ sah reeh ae yo" (i am __ years old)

15 - yuh-l dah suht

16 - yuh-l yuh suht

17 - yuh-l eel gohb

18 - yuh-l yuh dub

19 - yuh-l ah hohb

20 - seuh mool

21 - seuh mool han

*And remember age is differnt in Korea and the uS.. Korea adds 1year..so maybe you can say "mee gook ae suh neun (in the uS).. _age___ eeh ae yo" (i am blank years old)... "han gook ae suh neun ___ ee ae yo"

=] ok.. hopefully this helped?? HAHA.. i'm not very good with korean actually but i am going to try and speak to the judges in korean =] i kinda feel like i should do korean rather than english... haha.

These are some questions asked by shsx3 in a PM

You said that you can apply for as many categories as you want and you applied for singing and acting. Did you write that in the email or when you had to fill out the two forms. I was wondering because i'm not sure if i want to audition for dancing, so wondering if you could apply for another category at the audition

Yes, i wrote that in the email. But if you are undecided, u can also add or remove whatever categories that you want or don't want when filling up the registration form. The categories that you fill up in the registration form is final.