[Drama 2013] The Queen's classroom 여왕의 교실

Guest yeohweping

Thanks to all for screencaps and report...

Wow...the ratings increase much more than two other dramas (AGB) and beat Mandate of Heaven (TNms)  =D>

As the story more interesting and intense, i have optimism this drama can compete with others. GHJ never disappoint me for her acting and i like her student boy Dong goo...his acting excellent and one of screen catcher for me...

Glad that more new fans come to this thread... =;  

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NEWMARIO

"The Queen's Classroom" Byeon Jeong-soo does background check on Ko Hyeon-jeong

Source | 2013/06/13 | 4 views | Permalink | 0 Comments

photo318535.jpg

Byeong Jeong-soo started a background check on Ko Hyeon-jeong.

Nari's mom (Byeon Jeong-soo) heard of an unfair act against her daughter by the class teacher Ma Yeo-jin (Ko Hyeon-jeong) and gathered the mothers of that class to visit the school to complain in the MBC drama "The Queen's Classroom".

Ma Yeo-jin suggested the mothers had a private meeting with the teacher but they were all completely mesmerized by Ma Yeo-jin when they came out, forgetting their purpose of going to the school.

Nari's mother told Nari, "Your teacher is right. Listen to her well" and left the school but called her husband and said, "I am just coming out of the school. The teacher? She's bold. I don't know what backup she has but I think she'll be nice to Nari exceptionally".

She then said, "I want you to look her up. Two years of the private files in the court. She's pretty but not normal. The world is a scary place".

Meanwhile, "The Queen's Classroom" is based on a famous Japanese drama about the teacher of a class who corners her students the students who fight against her.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Guest tureready

Now Available To Download At FreeKoreanDramas 
EPISODE E02

[RS,HF,DF,FC,UB,BS,FR,RG,HP,GU,FD],[FileFactory,Narod,2Shared,Zippyshared] -  [720p-KOR]-[400MB-AVI]

Guest robs1430291557

I too just finished watching both episodes, and I love this show. I also was sobbing at the end of ep. 2, and I usually never cry watching dramas. The kids are so good, some of the better acting I've in a long time.  :-bd

Guest NEWMARIO

[20130614][The Queen's classroom 여왕의 교실] Making Film #1

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10wvv2_20130614-the-queen-s-classroom-%EC%97%AC%EC%99%95%EC%9D%98-%EA%B5%90%EC%8B%A4-making-film-1_shortfilms

Guest NEWMARIO

The Queen's Classroom: Episode 1 Review

2013/06/14 | 77 views | Permalink | 2 Comments

photo318552.jpg

Going into "The Queen's Classroom", a re-make of the popular Japanese dorama, Joo no Kyoshitsu, I really wasn't sure what to expect, but I had high hopes. The cast boasts of seasoned child actors who are led by acting powerhouse, Ko Hyeon-jeong as the world's strictest, scariest teacher, Ma Yeo-jin.

Ma Yeo-jin, queen of the classroom, is a cross between Matilda's Trunchbull and Roald Dahl's witches. I half expected Yeo-jin to pull off her wig and expose a bald head. She believes in the school of hard knocks: you get what you earn and if you don't, suck it up.

On the first day of school, she gives privileges based upon test scores. The top scores get the best seats and first servings during lunch. The lowest two scores get to clean the bathrooms alone, serve food and bear the shameful title of "Worst Class President".

Oh, and no one can use the bathroom during tests.

Yikes.

photo318776.jpg

Ha-na from "The Queen's Classroom" Episode 1

The poor students allotted to her classroom are a diverse bunch. A cheerful, well-liked girl named Shim Ha-na (Kim Hyang-ki) is the first to be introduced and one of the unlucky two children who received the worst grade in the class by no fault of her own: all of her pencil tips were broken by the klutzy, but kind-hearted, Oh Dong-goo (Cheon Bo-geun) who is also relegated to the unwanted position of "Worst Class President". Brilliant and quiet, Kim Seo-hyun (Kim Sae-ron) earns the top score.

These kids and twenty of their classmates suffer humiliation at the hands of Teacher Ma who is determined to teach them that the real world is no picnic - in fact, they'll most likely have a terrible life so they'd better be prepared.

Just when I'm starting to think this woman has a rock for a heart, we watch her gaze at her reflection, and it is something that she is most definitely not pleased to see. She grimaces, sighs and then slides her steely mask back into place. I hope we get into her obviously heavy backstory soon. I REALLY want to know her reasons for choosing her extreme teaching style.

Although this show is dominated by Teacher Ma's presence, the heart of it is the kids. They band together at first, then start to scatter as Ma's severe punishments make them crack. At one point, Ha-na needs to use the restroom during a test and Seo-hyun defends her against Ma's tyrannical "no-bathroom" policy. As punishment for her rebellion, Seo-hyun is made "Worst Class President" despite her perfect test score.

Ma really seems to want to break these children and she knows how to do it. She deprives them of basic needs and instills fear in them. It's very much torture in the truest sense of the word. Seo-hyun seems to be the student who will stand up to Ma based upon her defense of Ha-na. She spoke of treating the kids like human beings, despite the rules. For a second, Ma had reacted before schooling her expression back to neutral.

I want to see how the kids cope with her and how she copes with their reactions. She isn't heartless, just severely misguided. At least that's my guess....and my dire hope!

photo318775.jpg

Seo-hyun from "The Queen's Classroom" Episode 1

Not only is this story powerful, but so is the directing, writing and the OST. Director Lee Dong-yoon of Best Love has the camera help tell the story. Shots of Ma Yeo-jin are limited to body parts until she is formally introduced to her class, keeping her shrouded in mystery for the first ten minutes of the show. At night, the camera work flickers, making her seem like an evil spirit. The kids are filmed with long, sweeping shots that capture the color of their clothing, brightness of their smiles and the overall jovial, social mood. It's a great juxtaposition.

The background OST sounds like a mix of John Williams and his heavy handed brass with the whimsy of Hans Zimmer. Not to mention the contributions of two of my favorite groups: J-Rabbit and SHINee.

The writing is clear and to the point. Although the reveals in the story are delayed, the dialogue is brisk and emotionally revealing.

Do I want to watch another episode? Oh yes.  

Written by Raine from Raine's Dichotomy

"The Queen's Classroom" is directed by Lee Dong-yoon, written by Kim Eun-hee-II and Kim Won-seok and features Ko Hyeon-jeong, Seo Sin-ae, Kim Sae-ron, Ricky Kim, Kim Hyang-ki and Choi Yoon-yeong-I.

cr: hancinema.net

Guest hapha8714

after watching episode 2, i become very much interested in Ma Yeo Jin's character.
i believe there is something behind her cold persona. i think she's a lonely person. a very lonely one.
she's so engrossed with reality, knowing how cruel it is... it made her strong, or so as it seems.

she may sound and act like harsh to her students, but i think there's something sensible in what she does.

also, what kind of teacher does THOROUGH background check to students... and even to the extent of including details about their parents? i find it weird that she's a stalker. lol
maybe she has nothing to do outside her life as a teacher, so she does these.
i want to know her more.

@robs - me too! dong goo is such a pitiful kid. and the music adds drama to the scene... made me teary eyed too.

Guest robs1430291557

@hapha8714 -  One of the things I got a kick about was what Teacher Ma did to get the moms on her side, was the old trick of "divide and conquer" and play to each mom's weakness. But I agree with you she is very interesting, and makes want one to find out about her background. Maybe it is due to her past life, that is being a teacher is her "mission". 

Wow! I'm absolutely flumoxed by this show.  I caught up with it this afternoon and I just couldn't believe how fast it gripped me wholly.  I felt that teacher Ma is like a melting pot where Mary Poppins and Severus Snape converge into our own wonderous class 3 teacher.  I think I'm going to enjoy this inmensely. Cool.

Guest DespicableC

Watched the first two episodes of this show and I loved it. The kids are such great actors, especially the one who plays the main girl. After watching the episodes I saw that it was based on a Japanese series, and so I watched that version and the Korean version seems to be pretty much following that story in the same way. If they stay true to the Japanese version, we're in for some good stuff.

Compelling on every account, and with so many familiar and talented actors and actresses on hand! =D> I tuned in specifically to see these amazing kids at work, as Seo Shin Ae (in particular) has had my heart and earned my undying respect beginning with 2007's Thank You, and continuing through each of her dramas. I've also enjoyed Kim Sae-ron, the little actress playing 'Ha-na' (Kim Hyang-ki), and am impressed with the performance of the little boy, who is new to me. As for our star, it's hard to beat Ko Hyeon Jeong, who has been marvelous for the past two decades, and each of the ladies featured as supporting actresses ( the two 6th grade teachers, the principal, and Byeon Jeong-soo, who plays Nari's mother.) I just hope that there will be enough quality time get so many great talents on screen in meaningful ways.  #:-S

We're off to a good start, here. Let's hope that the production continues to gather steam and that the public will continue find there way to our little show.
And, lastly, I hope (as the previews for episode three have shown) that Seo Shin Ae will begin to play a more prominent role as I'm getting used to seeing her picking up some kind of hardware at the end of year's award shows... ;)

Guest hapha8714

^ yeah! Seo Shin Ae is one remarkable child actress too. i like her personally, she was really funny as a young Jae In in Incarnation of Money (i remembered myself replaying her scenes with young Cha Don because it was so hilarious) and her acting was also convincing in that Gumiho drama before as well (i forgot the title)

Guest hapha8714

btw, does anyone got the Opening Intro for this drama? i can't find it in the web. all i got was the japanese intro :(

can someone provide it please!

Archived