[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

sia3 said: :)) I like Tan Tan too because that's what the Chinese netizens call him. But they write his name as "Egg Egg" (literal translation) because the word sounds the same. =)) =)) =)) So, I think Egg Egg is a cute and endearing nickname for uri Tan Tan. :)) :-bd

Tan Tan is so tan these 2 episodes that he has become sunny side up (cooked) =)) =)) =))

Recently, dramafever has an article comparing Gossip Girl and Heir. It's interesting match they found. Tan Tan is Selena and Young Do is my fav. kickass Chuck Bass. SH is Dum, a book worm? seriously? Why do they think Rachel is the role of Blair?

itemprop="name" ways Heirs is basically just like Gossip Girl

by Gina Badra on Thu, Oct 10, 2013

GG.png 16 Comments 2997 Views 13Shares 25 Like   +1 76 Tweet

The much anticipated drama, The Heirs, finally premiered and it did not disappoint. However, I couldn't help but notice some similarities between the characters and those of Gossip Girl. Of course, I am not saying they are the same, but these 4 characters take me back to those perfect beginning days of Gossip Girl.

25 Like   +1 76 Tweet

1. Choi Young Do and Chuck Bass (the inspiration for this article)

Screen_Shot_2013-10-10_at_2.47.26_AM.png 25 Like   +1 76 Tweet

From their dashing good looks, to their snarky attitudes it is clear that both of these characters possess a very similar charisma. From what we've seen so far, their actions are similar as well! For example, they are both flirty and they both go looking for trouble. They are twisted and have definitely mastered their gorgeous brooding looks. Both characters also have complicated relationships with their rich fathers.

2. Rachel Yoo and Blair Waldorf

Screen_Shot_2013-10-10_at_3.59.48_AM.png 25 Like   +1 76 Tweet

Blair Waldorf will forever be one of my favorite tv characters, and so far Rachel Yoo is reminding me of her! Blair is never afraid to call anyone out on their crap, and Rachel is the same so far. Both also have mothers who have gotten divorces and then get remarried (or are about to). I am wondering if she will be any good at scheming like our Queen B though, maybe even with Choi Young Do.

3. Cha Eun Sang and Dan Humphrey

Screen_Shot_2013-10-10_at_4.16.26_AM.png 25 Like   +1 76 Tweet

These last two are a little more of a stretch, but there are still some pretty big similarities. First off, both are "poor" compared to the wealthy people they know. They both also get involved romantically (I'm assuming with Heirs) with people who have more money than they do. They are both innocent of the corruption that the world of money brings, at least at first with Dan.

4. Kim Tan and Serena van der Woodsen

Screen_Shot_2013-10-10_at_4.27.18_AM.png 25 Like   +1 76 Tweet

Both Heirs and Gossip Girl start off with these two M.I.A. from their homes. Kim Tan is in exile because of his brother, and Serena also exiled herself to run away from her past. They are both wealthy but they manage to also have friendly personalities. Also, they both get involved romantically (again I'm assuming) with people who have less money than they do.

These are just based on Episode 1, so who knows if these similarities will continue. But I don't think I would mind if they did! All I know is that I can't wait for more Heirs!

cr: http://www.dramafever.com/news/why-heirs-is-basically-gossip-girl/

why-heirs-is-basically-gossip-girl

honeywell said:

Okay I think I'm confusing the relationship between Kim Won and Kim Tan.  Why is Kim Won so threatened by Kim Tan to the point of exiling him to America  when isn't he the older brother and Kim Tan is the illegitimate son?  Wouldn't Kim Won be the first in line to their father's company?

The conversion between the wife and the mistress gave me the impression that both boys are the mistress sons but the wife claimed the elder to the public eye and had some sort of agreement over this.. I think this might explain why both boys seem to be restless with that women and why the elder is still feeling threatened by Tan..

I make a story using their funny names that I love to call. It's a kid story. Enjoy. =)) =)) =))

"

Won Won Won Tan Tan All The Time"

Won Won: Hey Tan Tan, go and fetch water for me.
Tan Tan: Why do I have to fetch water for you? Do it yourself.
Won Won: I am your elder brother, Tan Tan. You have to listen to me.
Tan Tan: Won Won, you always want to win me with your rank. I have been won in so many cases by you, Won Won. I won't let you get it this time, [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X  .
Won Won: Stop ranting and go do as I say, Tan Tan, unless you wanna get your eyes tanned as your name........ b-( b-( b-( b-( b-(

Guest prosperity

sia3 said: honeywell said: Okay I think I'm confusing the relationship between Kim Won and Kim Tan.  Why is Kim Won so threatened by Kim Tan to the point of exiling him to America  when isn't he the older brother and Kim Tan is the illegitimate son?  Wouldn't Kim Won be the first in line to their father's company?

Guest chloe_addict

Just started watching. I'm not sure what to make of it yet because sometimes it's really touching but sometimes, it's a bit cheesy and cringe worthy. Visually, Lee Min Ho is hot as always but I still think his best look was from his City Hunter days. PSH...does anyone else notice that when she talks, she has this pouting thing that she does or dragging out her words? I'm not sure. Still interesting to watch so far though. 

Finally got a chance to watch ep. 1 and 2 today. I haven't backtracked, so something I'm writing down is probably touched upon already. 
First impressions:The U.S. portion comes across being a tad sluggish. Each scene seems to take so long to see any movement. For instance, that scene when ES wakes up to enjoy the view, and Tan gazed at her from the balcony. I kinda get the purpose, but it feels like watching things in slow motion. Same with that driving scene to school, if the intention is to give a nice breezy vibe, it seems to lack a punch to it. And I still don't get why there are two surfing/beach scenes in the first episode, because the second scene is a bit unnecessary. 
The English and American Actors/U.S. scenery - I don't have any complaints to be honest. Yes, I did laugh when Tan started speaking, and I'm sure a lot of us did that too. That being said, it's bit over the top to expect LMH to speak perfect English or semi understandable one at that because we know that he doesn't know English in real life. And in the context of the story, it's not obvious to viewers that Tan is expected to know English fluently, since that flashback with Won tells us that Tan's purpose in the U.S. is just to breathe - don't think too hard, don't learn too hard; just have fun. Now, if it was John Lee, an MIT Phd graduate speaking English like that, then I would have a problem ;)
For American actors - I read comments at DB and was kinda surprised to see reactions from people being offended at how America is being stereotyped. Again, I'm not bothered by that. I don't even think American actors were over acting or speaking bad English either, but I've watched way too many American reality T.V. shows, and some do speak like that. Plus, anyone who is rational enough knows that this is not what everyone in America is like. And I'm sure Korean audience knows that too. In the context of the story, the depiction of America being less than ES's and Tan's ideal seems to work well. Two unhappy souls stuck in an unhappy place, encountered the most unfortunate people. If the abroad portion was filmed in Australia like it was intended to, I wonder if people would nitpick this much. 
As for the characters, all of them are interesting in their own ways. I'm most impressed with Kim Ji-won's performance, maybe because this is my first time watching her on-screen.
I like the writing so far. I enjoy how she uses old concept of birth right, wealth, inheritance, and gives a fresh approach to it. Some of her lines in the first two episodes are great (I'm using viki's subs). All in all, I like what I see, even if it feels a bit slow at times.
Speaking of subs, I was really sad that Viki was not available to audience in the Americas. If you are like me and can't stand dramafever's subs, you can try watching viki's with your tablet or smartphone. Just download a proxy app and set your location to Europe. Good subs are super important, especially when some of the lines are very complex. For instance, did dramafever translate the part where Won talked to the secretary and he used the term "killed" but in sageuk word referring to when a king passes away, the rest of his servants will be killed? I don't know. But viki did, and I thought it was interesting.

Guest chloe_addict

@guadi
I agree. I didn't mind the American actors. I just wished they didn't use such bad stereotypical ones ie the beach hippie with long blonde hair and the chesty blonde girl. They could have found some better looking ones because LA sure isn't lacking any! :)