[Drama 2013] Monstar 몬스타

dee09

#info Monstar DVD will have 8 discs, length 959 minutes in total, releasing 19th December. (It's on Junhyung's birthday~!)BaiFw5uCYAAdhit.jpg:large
(cr yongjunna)
Price will be 110.000 won (roughly USD110), based on this:뮤직드라마 몬스타 DVD발매 (2013년 12월 19일 출시 예정, 110,000원) #용준형 #몬스타 #윤설찬
BaiCAz1CYAALZY8.jpg:large
(cr junhyungnet)
The DVD will include:- Interview (Director Kim Won-suk, Yong Jun-hyung, Ha Yeon-soo, Kang Ha-neul, Kang Eui-sik)- Video comentary Episode 12- Video comentary highlight Episode 10- First script rehearsal- Gosa (I don't understand this one, maybe this is the ceremony thing?)- Vocal practice- Teaser shooting- Performance practice- Delete scene- Music clip- Making 1, 2, 3, 4
For Pre-order (info from junhyungnet):http://music.kyobobook.co.kr/ht/record/detail/8809306454003?orderClick=LAG&Kc=
http://www.hottracks.co.kr/ht/record/detail/8809306454003
http://www.synnara.co.kr/sp/sp121Main?categoryId=CT22000004&productId=P000257911#.Up2dlO4wp2I
http://www.peysia.co.kr/shop/shopdetail.html?branduid=121849&search=%B8%F3%BD%BA%C5%B8&sort=

Aaaa, I want them!! But it's so expensive ㅠ.ㅠ

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@clockwatcher..thank you for the video...i love it soo much :x too bad ..ha yeon so and daehee didnt make it in video's commentary..maybe they were still busy..i just want to see seolchan and seyi together again..loli still missed this drama like crazy..and monstar is my favK-drama in 2013... :x

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest trangdang

These days, I have re-watched all 12 episodes of Monstar along with BTS clips. Then, I wish Mnet will consider the production of Monstar Season 2 ^^ Well, many people could fear that Monstar 2 may fall into the same track as Dream High 2 but with the same casts, same PD, same writer, same staff of Season 1, we can hope =D I think it could focus on their final year at high school as well as the development in their love emotions. For example, the couple SW & Nana needs more space to be shown. Or SC & Seyi also needs to clarify their mutual feeling. Furthermore, the love story between an idol and an ordinary girl could be described further as well :))

trangdang

said: These days, I have re-watched all 12 episodes of Monstar along with BTS clips. Then, I wish Mnet will consider the production of Monstar Season 2 ^^ Well, many people could fear that Monstar 2 may fall into the same track as Dream High 2 but with the same casts, same PD, same writer, same staff of Season 1, we can hope =D I think it could focus on their final year at high school as well as the development in their love emotions. For example, the couple SW

:)

)

Guest trangdang

Miky88 said: I wanted so much a season 2 as well with the same cast and writer&PD of course...it's not like they don't have material for another season,they have quite something...with SC if continues school because from the start it was a move to keep the scandal and it was for some months and how it might affect his relationship with SY,SW&Nana possible relationship,SW&SC friendship,EH problems at home,SC relationship with SY,how they deal with it him being an idol,they reveal it or not,Colorband rise of popularity and maybe a debut as well and without SC,him being in MIB,SW dealing with his parents if he wants a artistic life,the 3 of "bad" guys,for me i found JH intresting as a character and might be more than a rich dude and leader of All For One and we can even find more and more..i think many loved this drama and would love to see the characters back and see them dealing with new situations in life and grow up

Yeah they might have problems with their diffrent scheldules but not impossible if they talk it in advance...the show was a step foward for many of the actors that were and was indeed received well...Mnet did teh drama with tvN i think,hope i'm not wrong..of course if they make a season 2 they must have the same cast because if not the whole magic is gone,peoplew oudl want to see what happens after the contest,how the characters evolve and so..i for one was quite sad that they didn't settle better SC and SW relationship,i found their friedship one of the most intresting plots in the story not to mention the others sideplots that were intretsing and people were curious how would be handled,like EH problems,she was clearly abused at home by her father,SC relationship with his Mom,i wanted to see this story as well in a more complex because it was quite endering and for good emotional angst...SY grow and what she wanted from life,did she want to be a singer,to go to a music college or she wanted something else...and thse are the stuff i'm thinking now but i'm sure like many if we give it a more deep  look we find lots of key subplots that make for another like 20 episode...and like mentioned the same actors for the same characters,only JH can bring SC to life,it would be wrong to put another one and make us like him as SC...and indeed the possible romance between Nana and SC,this two were soooooo awesome and even more with their background...just how SY and SC complemented each other and were a good duo teh same with Nana and SW
i understand JH when he said he doesn't like to do another singer role,being typecast in that same role just because he is a idol but i think he really liked his character and would accept to continue it not to mention many loved his acting as SC and prasied himi guess it's slightly possible to become a reality but being a fan of the drama,totally loved the vibe,innocent characters,music,way of filming,dream for another season

Guest trangdang

Monstar DVD: PD, Yeon Soo and some casts in commentary

http://youtu.be/uGQzBdWVGHg

Thanks to Yong ShaoNv for uploading it and sharing on youtube.

I'm not sure you guys watched the clip or not :) Then I share it ^^ Yeon Soo managed to take part in DVD commentary with PD and some supporting casts later. Sigh, Dahee seemed busy at that time then she did not join :( I wish some subteams could translate or sub these clips :D

@Miky88: I also hope they will keep the same cast of season 1 instead of changing to new casts like Dream High 2. TT__TT I used to like Dream High 1, but Dream High 2 was really disappointing in term of casts and contents. I see there are many stories which can be developed in Monstar 2. I tried to check the schedule of the casts. Junhyung is doing his show with Beast, promoting their comeback. Ha Yeon Soo seems to finish her sitcom Potato and takes time to film CFs now. For Dahee, I see GLAM does not have comeback activities (?) this year. Kang Ha Neul appears a bit busy with his movie promotion... I haven't found other casts... Haiz. I wonder whether we should create a petition to call for fans' participation, in asking Mnet and Monstar 1 Production team to consider the second season :))

Guest trangdang

There is a piece of news about Kang Ha Neul, mentioning Yong Junhyung :D The news is latest, coz the date of release is 13th July 2014.

http://thestar.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2014/06/30/2014063002927.html

jt7sXqI.jpg

My Korean is limited, then I just read Kang Ha Neul is interviewed while he will be promoting his movie Girl Ghost Story. In the interview, he mentioned the friendship with Yong Junhyung from Monstar.  He stated he also went to Beautiful show (Beast concert). In the previous album of Beast, the name "Kang Ha Neul" was written in the "thanks to" section.

P/S: Indeed, hope that they can reunite in Monstar 2 if Mnet and tvN decide to produce further :)

Guest trangdang

Regarding Ha Yeon Soo, she is in the "rest mode" - the news is released in May 2014 :D and she will consider the next work if possible ^^ It seems after two consecutive dramas "Monstar" and "Potatos", she has not had proper rest.

For Da Hee, I searched but haven't seen latest news of GLAM or her schedule. Hope she does well :)

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=14691503&cloc=

u75Koh3.jpg

So please, Mnet & tvN, if you guys have a plan for Monstar 2, please arrange the time and persuade the cast to join :))

Guest trangdang

@iheartyou1518, @cloe, @diamondzr4eva, @digidigibob, @uglypearl, @bjvipb2uty, @blnmom, @JAYwalkers, @eloiza03, @clockwatcher, @Miky88, @naya, @jjsweeter0211, @sunshine4everSorry, @dotori, @raky, @iirnii, @bobsavero, @jielun_aini @velvet01 @jielun_aini @soongmoon, @virareve @chrissydiva @MikanNoKimi @shaselai @leslie_lei @twin-twin @sayjello @darvit90  @linns @sicknine @Jillia @adikkeluangman @yuanballent @happychu @ricefield @jayakris @kimheami @KDIK @mila8Xxx @ZarraJae @gorres @chasen8888 @m2_soompi... (and others...)

Dear all, first, I would like to say hello to all you guys :D Second, sorry for tagging if it bothers you ^^ Previously, I was so regretful for just being a silent reader in soompi, especially in Monstar during its screen-time. Recently, I have re-watched Monstar episodes and really hope that Mnet & tvN will produce Monstar 2.

Well, I decided to send inbox messages to Mnet & tvN on their channels (youtube, facebook) :)) So stubborn with very long & emotional messages about Monstar, the cast, content of drama, music, PD, writer... I did not expect to receive their reply because they may not focus on such a "spam" like that. Fortunately, today, I got a message from Mnet (through facebook)

Mnet(엠넷)
Thanks for your support. We're doing our best in order to produce high quality contents. Decision of producing a new season of Monstar is not made yet. We'll announce it appropriate time X8YPpi6kcyo.png However still so much thankful for giving us your msg. -Mnet
I just thought about a "petition" previously or trend on Twitter about Monstar 2 or something like that :P Besides, I think if many fans express their love, support towards Monstar and show to Mnet, tvN, maybe there would be a chance for Monstar 2 in the near future. We might see Seol Chan, Seyi, Seon Woo, Nana... again in Monstar 2 with the same cast, same PD, writer... more stories & attractive melodies.

Therefore, I tagged you guys to express my opinions about this. Hope to hear from you ~ Again, sorry if it disturbs you.

@trangdang No it's not a bother :)
I really do like also that there will be season 2.
I'm not sure but if tvN and Mnet plans a new season they won't  guarantee if they could cast the all and same main actors of the first season due to their busy schedules. 
They'll probably cast a new set of actors  with a new plot with cameos from actors from Monstar Season 1.

Archived