[Drama 2013] Monstar 몬스타

dee09

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest trangdang

@uglypearl Thank you so much for reply :x Well, at first, I also feared if Mnet & tvN decide to produce Monstar 2, the show will be different from Monstar 1 from the cast, PD, writer... In the message, I indeed express my wish to see the same cast and stories developed further from the first season. Hope they will take it into account *crossing my fingers*

The noticeable example was Dream High 2 including changes in main casts and story flows - I could not stand their production of DH 2 TT__TT It was worse than I expected :(

And then, you're right to point that our Monstar casts' schedules are now very busy and may even conflict with others if they plan to join. Haiz, how can!

@bobsavero Thank you so much for feedback. Hix, if our cast of Monstar 1 did not join in Monstar 2, I may re-consider :)) But it may worth a trial ^^

@clockwatcher Thank you so much for comment. Yup, currently, they need to arrange everything in order to get all casts & production team in a compatible schedule if they really want to make a second season :D

@Tzu Phattra Hi, I also anticipate we would see season 2 of Monstar in the future ^^

Guest trangdang

These days, I also re-played many OST tracks of Monstar :( Really missing Monstar though 1 year has passed! Flash-back ~

While waiting for Monstar 2 to be produced with our same casts, PD, writer-nim... I just tracked back some memorable scenes ^^

Suddenly I recalled the kiss scenes of Seol Chan at the first episode =)) Actually, I laughed a lot when I re-watched the scenes: Our star Seol Chan pretended to kiss but it was not real. Unfortunately, his kiss was stolen unexpectedly :))

3U4z5LW.jpg

But what impressed me so much and touched my heart was his gentle kiss with Seyi :) It's a kind of pure love of high school student. Even though I'm not a teenager anymore, it made my heart fluster.

M10avi_000076776.jpg

Guest trangdang

@uglypearl @clockwatcher I'm not sure if the clip is shared previously :D It looks like Monstar was aired in Japan, starting in April with Japanese subtitles ^^ Woa, I hope Japanese fans will love the drama and also want a second season *lol* I seem to have been in nostalgia with Monstar these days!

"Published on Feb 24, 2014

韓流・華流イケメン見るならDATV!http://datv.jp/
BEASTヨン・ジュンヒョン初主演作!恋と友情に胸がトキめく♡青春ミュージックド­ラマ
放送日: 4月30日スタート (水)22:00~(2話連続)
放送回数: 全16話
日本語字幕版
提供元: ©CJ E&M All rights reserved."

A translation from Twitter: CS DATV promotional video for Drama10 "MONSTAR" to be broadcasted start April 30th on 10pm JST

In addition, I checked other old news related to Monstar <Feel sorry to be active in the thread too late!!!>

[sG] The drama Monstar (starring BEAST's Junhyung, Ha Yeonsoo & Kang Haneul) will air on @channel_u starting this Sunday 9th Feb at 8.30PM!

Korean drama Monstar will be broadcast on the television stations in Indonesia, namely the B-Channel, begins from March 13 at 2: 30 PM EST!

=> Well, so Monstar should be loved in many Asian countries as it is aired in some countries (Japan, Singapore, Indonesia) in 2014 ;)

Guest trangdang

@uglypearl @clockwatcher Morning ~ (in my time-zone) Sorry for keeping you in loop :) I think you guys will also care our Monstar, so I inform you :") In Malaysia, drama Monstar will air as well :D Woa, the more I found news related to Monstar, the more I felt so surprised ^^ Though netizens used to have negative comments about the drama, we will surely love it as a good memory ^^

tontonMY @tontonMY

Demam Korea bermula! Layan Yong Jun Hyung & Ha Yeon Soo dlm #Monstar di http://www.tonton.com.my  skrg! #TontonKorean

=> Drama Monstar (Yong Junhyun & Ha Yeon Soo) is available on tonton.com.my with Malaysian subtitles :D

This is their photo tweeted

7Sjeo9g.jpg

In addition, Monstar also appeared in their facebook page as well ^^ (https://www.facebook.com/tontonMY)

hCugnuc.jpg

The list of countries which Monstar is aired tends to be longer ;) Japan, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia...

Guest trangdang

@uglypearl @clockwatcher Another country got Monstar aired ^^ It's Vietnam. For your information, it has been aired on the national channel VTC 9, named Let's Viet since May 29th 2014 ^^

MONPRM150.JPG

This is the introductory video about Monstar in Vietnam, with the narrative lines: Music, Youth, Love and never-old stories :D

It's so great to know that Monstar has been broadcast in Japan, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam ^^ Any other country?

Guest blnmom

@trangdang A season 2 would be awesome! :-)  I hope the airings in Japan and the other countries you mentioned will have great ratings, that would make them seriously consider a second season.

Guest trangdang

@blnmom Imagine the date Mnet & tvN announce the second season of Monstar with same casts, I will scream in happiness :D

I do not know why these days I was reminiscent of this drama so much and listened to their OSTs again. Maybe it is summer-time, letting people to think back about old memories at highschool like Monstar.

A fanmade MV from an Indonesian fan for anyone shipping Seol Chan - Seyi :P

Guest trangdang

@SamayaR Hi ^^ Nice to meet you :) Have you watched Monstar? :P

This is the scene that they played guitar together, especially in engsub but the quality of the clip is not really good ^^

This link is more HD but a bit shorter than the above clip, because it is just their duet with guitar for the song "Your Meaning" and no engsub.

Guest trangdang

@SamayaR You're welcome ^^ Please come to the thread often if you want to discuss anything about Monstar: cast, content, music... I think many fans of Monstar still watch the thread and will join :)

@uglypearl @clockwatcher @blnmom There is no sign of Monstar season 2 :P just post a recent piece of news mentioning Monstar. Hope you guys will not feel interrupted by being tagged ^^"

Monstar was mentioned in the series about school-theme, a type of musical drama: fresh, youth, idol with romance story, good music...

qqIqCR5.jpg

Guest trangdang

@uglypearl @clockwatcher @blnmom

It's so surprising to find Monstar recommended in a list of best Korean dramas 2013 on a website that belongs to a university :)) Though it is old, it's pleasant to know that Monstar drama was known in other countries ^^

http://uschina.usc.edu/w_usci/showarticle.aspx?articleID=19207&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

The site is Us-China Today - University of Southern California.

Monstar
Starring: Yong Jun Hyung, Ha Yeon Soo, Kang Ha Neul

Another interesting and rare genre in TV dramas is the "musical." Seol-chan is one member of a popular K-pop boy band, and he is forced by his agency to back to school because of a violation case involving one of his crazy fans. Seol was born in a rich family and is more mature than his peers. He runs into a young girl named Min Se-yi at the school, and they start a bickering relationship at first but then it generally turns into a subtle feeling of love. Students in the school have different background stories and various personalities; however, music is their common interest. This is a TV drama about on-campus life and love. Like all other musicals, producers reorganized some classic pop music and blended them into the scenes seamlessly. The actor Yong Jun Hyung, who acts as the leading male character Seol-chan, is a member of the famous K-pop boy band BEAST in real life. His personal experience helps him to attach more reality to the character.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

140806 : Monstar Reunion~ :x :x
ZbFsYZG.png
minyoungism (IG)

강의식 ‏@onlyes315

1년만에 재회한 몬스타 2학년 4반 친구들 동창회~ 도남이가 못알아볼까봐 오랜만에 슬쩍 안경도 끼고^^

BuW2PNzCAAEF2p1.jpg:large

Trans: 2nd year, class 4 Monstar's 1 year reunion~ Do Nam wore glasses after a long time because people might not have recognized him. ^^

Translator: Sonyeo (@ glamorousgirlz.net)
Source: @onlyes315 

Guest trangdang

It is so sad to read about the scandal of Lee Byung Hyun and then I saw the name of Da Hee :(((

It stroke me with a shock. Her career is just new and needs more room to develop in the future. But once she got involved in this, her career and image will be gone :((

I felt happy to see a reunion of Monstar cast but now...

Archived