[Drama 2013] Monstar 몬스타

dee09

velvet01 said: I guess we wont see BTS or any pics of interaction between HYS and YJH ever. Maybe such condition is stipulated in their contract agreement with Mnet? After browsing past videos of idol grp B2st, just realized that fangirls are really scary. Yeon Soo is just starting her career and Junhyung just came from a bad break up hence, its not good for them to be linked with each other, maybe even avoid each other at all cost. Lol, junhyung even prefers kang haneul over yeon soo. And yeon soo also mentioned that several hate cafes of her has sprouted after Monstar.
Just one thing that they agreed on in their interviews is that they wont forget Monstar ever.  :)

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest blnmom

@ilwoo_aein posted this in the Beast forum, but I thought the people here would enjoy it also -- Junhyung's portion from Beast on Boom's Young Street 130816
from 3:05(my approximate translation - sorry, my Korean isn't that great)Boom - Yong Jun Hyung! You showed us some great acting in your music drama. There was even a kiss scene.JH - Yes, there was one.Boom - Oh, I envy you. Please perform one of the lines that you still remember, since there are many [Monstar] fans.JH - A line that I remember?Boom - Yes.JH - Hey, Min Se Yi. Be my jjak.KK - (previous voice imitation callback) I don't want to. I don't want to do that.
Then JH does, for his talent portion, two voice imitations -- the first fails miserably, the second is a hit. :-)
http://youtu.be/UUGJRXItvRo
credit: @Nhokshockqn

xiashenghan said:

I'm wondering what does "jjak" means?

Se-Yi calls Seol Chan her jjak and in Seol Chan's song he says that she's his jjak.

This is what gummimochi explained about the word on her recaps:

From Episode 1 Recap:

His use of the word jjak (translated as “partner” above) is

slightly ambiguous, since its meaning can allude to something as simple

as a partner in a project, or a partner-for-life. Given that Seol-chan

asked this just after he heard her sing, we can assume it’s closer to

the former for now.

From Episode 2 Recap:

On a brighter note, I fell in love with Seol-chan’s confession. For him

to encapsulate his feelings for Se-yi in an original song with lyrics of

a longing to be her jjak. It’s the meaning that I’ve been waiting to hear him say—to be a partner in life; to walk, laugh, and cry together.

A lot of people simply translated as partner or seat mate but as gummimochi explained there can be different meanings. I think understanding this makes his song (and the use of the word throughout the drama) even more meaningful. It makes his song even sweeter than it already was >.<

Hope it helped ;)

Thank you very much for your explanation.^^

He's actually sweet in his own way. That's why I really love his character. <3

Guest jjsweeter0211

Ha Yeon soo releases VOGUE girl pictorial

2mytqo8542db7ha9x7mu6nk1iduvubnm.jpg

[by Chloe Yun] Actress Ha Yeon soo once again wowed fans with her doll-like face as releasing new pictorial with VOGUE girl magazine.
Ha Yeon soo perfectly managed the pictorial concept, ‘A girl in a strange city,’ fully expressing her signature ‘mysterious image.’ In the pictorial, she shows various funky styles, which is the trend of this season, and flaunts her pretty face and mature, feminine charm. 
The pictorial was shot on Soho Street of Hong Kong on a rainy day. Despite of 8-hour-long shooting schedule and gloomy weather, Ha kept her professional attitude and showed various poses and facial expressions for each photo, impressing every staff at the shooting location. 
Meanwhile, Ha Yeon soo, who became one of the hottest stars in 2013 with her recent TV series ‘Monstar,’ will come back to TV screen with new sitcom ‘Potato Star 2013QR3.’ (photo by VOGUE girl)

Other cast updates: Kang Eui Sik will be on a 50-episode JTBC weekend drama called "The Eldest"Kim Min Young will be on the 2-episode  KBS drama "Hope For Love" starring BoA and Choi DanielKang Ha Neul will cameo as the politician's autistic son on MBC's "Two Weeks" 

Guest blnmom

Marathoning Monstar for the 3rd time... starting to recite lines from memory now. I don't even speak Korean.
Anybody know a good cure for Monstar addiction?

Guest digidigibob

Did anyone here go to the KCON in LA? Monstar's PD attended the drama panel together with javabeans and girlfriday, right? Did the PD say something about Monstar? :D
Edit: Just found out that it has just started. Thought it's already done. Lol. You can visit @Viki's Twitter page if you wanna see updates from the panel :D
And it turns out the PD wasn't able to attend 'cause he didn't make it in time :(

Guest digidigibob

Just want to share that Se-yi and Kyu-dong's 바람이 분다 duet has already reached more than one million views on Youtube! 

This is actually the scene that made me fall in love with this drama. <3

Archived