[Drama 2013] Sincerity Moves Heaven 지성이면 감천

Guest reijaye

I also like Min Gook and his wife.  I think they're funny and caring.  Just a bit dizzy about it.  And, I have total sympathy for the guilt that Min Gook must feel about losing his sister. 

I can understand trying to get Ye Rin to realize that there is no shame in being an orphan and can be accepted by the world.  (Although that's a pretty optimistic view considering how orphans are viewed by Korean society as depicted in dramas.) 

However, the way Jung Hoon is trying to do it doesn't seem to be the best way.  He will just drive her to desperation.  After all, one can't force someone else to change.  The most that one can do is to watch the other person and guide them back to the right path, by saying the right thing at the right time.  Pushing the issue will just back Ye Rin up against the wall.  At which point, she'll be forced to come out clawing because she will be fighting for her life, as she has defined it.  :-?

Yeah, I love the ajumma helper, too.  She's not the typical subservient ahjumma because she speaks and does what she wants.  She's a joy.   :)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

semi-fly said: I think the biggest issue with Jung Hyo is that he knows Ye Rin and instead of seeing this "fake" person in front of him he wants to bring her around to the idea that she is better off being herself rather than trying to live in some fantasy world. While I can understand why others might perceive his actions to go against her wishes it might simply be his actions that bring her around to a more believable reality wherein the people around her care very little of her birth and more about her abilities [more importantly is that she stops caring about it as if it's something she can change]. Through this transformation there may actually be hope for Ye Rin to reconnect with her estranged mother [with or without the thought of contributing to any kind of treatment she may eventually need to prolong her life].
As for Dong Wook it does seem likely that he'll be paired up with Yi Young at some point though I'm more content with seeing them do the "dance" while he's her shadowed protectorate (from the unscrupulous ex-husband). It already seems likely that her father won't object to the relationship but again it's too early to plan for that fall wedding.
I read a few comments about Min Gook & Young Ah (the husband & wife) and I'm kind of puzzled at why people seem to dislike them. Can anyone clarify why they dislike these two? Outside the idiocy of Min Gook hiding his meeting with Min Hwa I don't really see anything bad about the two.

Guest linakyon

@gene71632 Thank you so much for your insight :) Finally we'll see Mi Hwa more presentable, her fashion sense hurted my eyes.Even though she has only 3 months to live I'm not seeing the writers killing her off..They might pull off a miracle and get her a liver transplant,maybe from Ye Rin after their reconciliation, or something else.I think it was sweet of Jung Hyo buying Ye Rin a birthday present, but he should have given it to her somewhere else...
About Young Ah I don't have nothing against her either.. it's a character that makes me laugh with her over exaggerated reactions, she can sometimes be a little bit meddlesome, though...

Briefly (not look at the episode again) They are arguing about their sister and uncle. (Sorry, I am still getting my head around their names) Ye Rin orphange friend suggest to them that they get the sister and uncle together. The more they quarrel, the more their relationship deepens. Se Young and Jae Sung had disagreement over their respective relations (sister and uncle) and therefore the quarrel started.

LOL....
When Se Young started asking Jung Hyo about memorable times at the orphanage...... I thought she was bonding. :)
When Se Young started talking about Christmas...... I thought I knew where she was going... :D
Then... BAM!... "Rudolph, The Red-nosed Reindeer"! :):D LOL =)) =)) =))

At the beginning of the episode...Jae Sung got angry with his uncle because Se Young got angry with him over the "Uncle & Sister" issue. :)
He warned Lee Sung Soo to do better at the station... or he'd deal with Han PD instead of nephew Jae Sung. :):D LOL...
The gist of the argument:

Jung Hyo suggested matching uncle & sister.Jae Sung disparaged and said it's a waste for uncle.Se Young got angry and asked why.Jae Sung mentioned sister's age.Se Young got angrier and said uncle was even older.Jae Sung said uncle is a man (essentially... it's different for men & women).Se Young's anger increased at his double standard and said sister is amazing while uncle is just blah blah...... and the ball got rolling... :):D

Guest atomickitty

@ahoxan
I KNOW!! Se Young is hilarious. Couldn't stop cracking up even after the scene ended. Also when the got back to the station and she started singing it again... she's a funny one.

Guest atomickitty

I have a weird question. I am making a list of all the dailies I've watched and I'm wondering, has anyone ever seen one that didn't have a birth secret? If you have, please let me know. I will be making this same post in a few other dailies I'm watching so you might see this question again if, like me, you watch more than one daily. Thank you.

atomickitty said: I have a weird question. I am making a list of all the dailies I've watched and I'm wondering, has anyone ever seen one that didn't have a birth secret? If you have, please let me know. I will be making this same post in a few other dailies I'm watching so you might see this question again if, like me, you watch more than one daily. Thank you.

Guest atomickitty

@ahoxan
Thanks, thanks. I actually saw the first one and completely forgot that I did.. Mwa ha ha ha...  was not even on my list. And the second one I only saw the first 20 or so episodes and the last 5 episodes so wasn't sure if a birth secret existed somewhere in the middle. Last one, haven't seen yet. Thanks again.

Im Yoon Ho (임윤호) as Jang Dong Wook (25)

After E014 and Dong Wook's singing, I thought you ladies would like to know more about the actor Im Yoon Ho.He was in "7th Level Civil Servant"... I didn't recognize him because I didn't really watch the series. :)He speaks English w/ an American accent because he studied at the State University of New York.
Source: http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/25828796/#Comment_25828796

Guest atomickitty

thanks @axohan for the information. Today's episode was alright. No obvious LOL moments for me. I chuckled a few times here and there, but it wasn't as fun as previous eps have been. Hmm.. maybe because I watched when I was really sleepy. I should go watch again.

@dexter8010, Yes, looks like she just might approach them for help w a transplant. I understand why if now that she has seen Ye Rin, she would want to approach her for a transplant. Let's be serious, no matter how bad you were to a person, if the person could save you from dying, I think most people would ask the person for help. Is it cool? No, but they can throw stones and curse at me AFTER they save my life...

Guys,girls! Have you ever seen in the real life such obsession what the second woman character always has towards the first lead actor in the kdramaland. I never experencied such obsession in my environment and i cant imagine this happening in the real life.

Archived