(UTC+9, Seoul Time), 
(UTC+9),
(UTC+9) 
Credit: KBS World

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL...
The eldest sister and the uncle are very similar to each other in temperament... ... and sensitivity about their respective marriage status.
They are both sensitive about their age and unmarried status.They have the same line:

It's not that I can't get married!I chose not to marry!

Guest atomickitty

linakyon said: KBSW released the preview subbed :) Daily Drama "A Tale of Two Sisters (지성이면 감천)" 
Premiere: 2013 May 27 - with English & Chinese subtitle 
TX Time: Every Mon-Fri 

(UTC+9, Seoul Time), 
(UTC+9),
(UTC+9) 
Credit: KBS World

Guest atomickitty

Anyone here watching with full understanding of Korean? Could you please tell me if they've talked fully about, or dropped hints, on how Se Young came to be adopted by the family? I am only in the advanced beginner phase of my Korean language studies so I miss a lot. The family already had 2 girls so I wonder why they adopted a child, and a girl at that. Sorry to say but usually, in situations where there are already girls, it's a boy that's adopted. Or the reverse.. If you have 2 boys, you adopt a girl. Either way, I'm just wondering about the details of how Se Young was brought into the family. Maybe it's not been revealed yet and will come out when everyone knows who Se Young is.

Apart from the romance between the main leads, I'm also looking forward to see if Se Young and her brother will have a good relationship before the secret is revealed. I would like that to happen. They are obviously going to meet since he works with Jae Sungs uncle. I really hope they make a connection and are nice to each other. I think he carries a lot of guilt about losing her and if he's mean to her, then finds out later she's his sister, I don't think he'll be able to take it. I also think the brother's wife will like Se Young better than Ye Rin. Sorry to say this but Se Young has a better personality. She's so outgoing and friendly. Ye Rin seems standoffish and borderline rude to her sister in law. And as semi-fly said, Ye Rin's problems are her own doing. If she was nicer to her sister-in-law, when the secret comes out, the sister-in-law would probably stand with her. But I think when the secret comes out, the sister-in-law will jump on the Se Young bandwagon. Haaaa.. I don't know. I'm getting ahead of myself. We haven't even revealed one birth mother yet....

Guest atomickitty

Thanks @semi-fly and @reijaye
I really like the closeness the 3 sisters have. When they were drinking together, I could see how each of them influenced Se Young. I think she learned her bold and outgoing nature from Il Young (older sister) and her kind and sweet nature from Yi Young (middle sister). I just love those 3 sisters together.

:D

Guest kdramafan2

Se-youngi!! You go girl ;)... Liked the look on Ye Rin's face but loved Jae Sung's reaction when refuting being in a relationship with her... What did Se young say to him after they left the restaurant??? Wish I could understand what the conversation was like... And what did YeRin tell the other orphanage guy (sorry forgot his name)??? Jae Sung's mom and dad seem like really funny characters...

Guest atomickitty

Hi @dexter8010. I promise, I'm not stalking you but it seems I am posting next after you say hello today. My mother raised me well so I always have to say,.. Welcome...

@kdramafan2
After lunch, when Jae Sung and Se Young are walking, he tells her again that he is not dating Ye Rin and that she should tell her sister so (Se Young had told them earlier that she heard they were dating from her sister). Jae Sung asks Se Young if she wants to go for coffee and she says no, that she wants to feel comfortable with him and Ye Rin and she doesn't want to be misunderstood later. She tells him to please have his coffee and that she has to go. After she walks away he says something like, 'misunderstood, what does she mean?'

I think Ye Rin was asking the other orphanage guy, Jung Hyo, why he was still around and why he hadn't left yet. He told her that he has to wait till they find someone to take his place and she says what if they never find someone? etc etc.

This is all I got with the little Korean I know. I am pretty sure I'm missing some depth or cues in the speech but I thought this would give you a little understanding. Hope it helps. If someone else is on here that knows more. Please please please let us know.

:)

Guest atomickitty

@dexter8010
Ha, we watch the same dramas. I watch everything in that list but I don't comment in all. I comment the most in AHYI and SMH.

Guest kdramafan2

@atomickitty Thank you so much... Your input has been way helpful... I am liking Se young's character, not the whinny heroine that we usually see in such cases..

Guest linakyon

Hi there @wheeressteph and @dexter8010 :) 
@atomickitty Yeah it's weird they choose to adopt a girl having two daughters.If I didn't miss anything I think they didn't gave us an explanation yet on why they choose to adopt Se Young.Maybe there isn't a particular reason, but I thought that maybe Se Young's adoptive mother could have worked at the orphanage and got attached to her...just a theory xP
Speaking of Se Young's adoption, I'm curious on why the grandma told Se Young at the birthday party that she was responsible for her adoptive mother's death?We don't know how she died but she could have died saving Se Young?Oh here I am again with my crazy theories xP

While talking with Jung Hyo, Ye Rin realized that she would be more comfortable if she had told everyone about her adoption..oh well isn't that a given?Hiding that fact only increases the burden but I think it was a normal reaction because adoption is still a taboo in Korea isn't it?
So tomorrow Joo Hee will meet Mi Hwa...Mi Hwa knows that Ye Rin is Joo Hee's daughter so I wonder what she'll do next.One thing I'm sure Ye Rin won't meet her.She told Joo Hee she was grateful to be abandoned because otherwise she wouldn't have met Joo Hee.And can't the writers increase the air time of Dong Wook?I can't get enough :P

Archived