[Drama 2013] Nine: Nine Times Time Travel 나인: 아홉 번의 시간여행

cikamoi

ROSS27, Yes,that word of (old)  Sungwo made me think that Min Young might avoid him but at the end, she love (latest) Sungwo very much that no matter what she will stay beside him forever.
I'm just confused at the very end of the drama, wherein Sungwo is saving his brother who is very alive at that moment.     

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching it again since it was airing on MNet America. Ending still has me wondering after watching episode 19 today and deciding to watch 20 tonight lol.
Not sure if the sub was accurate since I watched the viki stream for ep 20, but it was mentioned on episode 20 that they cremated Seon Woo's body in 1993 when JW and Yoon Hoon, think there is any symbolism in that and him mentioning he is the incense? I had missed that detail/subtitle the first time I watched it and for some reason it stuck with me this time.

• 1 month later...

@LyrayooOh wow! There is actually a novel, and an English translation, published by Summit Media from the Philippines. And apparently there are other novelizations as well. Time for me to scour the bookstores too... really hope it gets distributed in my country too. Thank you for sharing!

• 1 month later...

“My Love From The Stars” and “Nine” Will Not Be Remade in America

NineMyLoveFromTheStars.jpg

American broadcasting networks ABC and NBC have revealed their 2015-2016 television show line up and “My Love From the Stars” and “Nine” were not included.  “Nine” has been waiting since 2013 for ABC to order their pilot while “My Love From the Stars” has been waiting for a shorter period. Unfortunately, it will not be possible for this television season. “Nine” had high hopes especially because of actress Kim Yunjin’s role in introducing the drama. The revealed line up of ABC and NBC includes 25 shows.

CJ E&M, the company behind “Nine,” have commented, “America’s system of producing dramas is not fast. Currently, there are around 300-500 shows being planned annually. Of those shows only five percent end up getting aired. Securing a pilot for ‘Nine’ failed. We are not sure what will happen. We still only have a script.”

More on the article here.

cr. Soompi

What can I say? Nine continues to be one of the most memorable dramas I've watched, one whose impact has not diluted through the multiple rewatches I have gone through. As such, I was really excited and looking forward to the remake ever since I first heard news of it, so knowing that it has panned out is a disappointment. I for one was intrigued how it would have been translated to a version that would be relevant to a different culture... and would have loved to be able to see whether it holds up to the original. Granted, there would have been elements that would need to be adjusted for the American audience (the mysticism of the incense sticks?), but in good hands, it could have made for another compelling watch with a different flavour, and I would have loved to see whether it affected me as much as the original did, and still does.

Hello guys! It's been a while since I've been here.. sigh...I was really hoping for that remake..I know some of you might not want it coz this show is such a masterpiece and can't be copied that easily but I really want this one to be recognized internationally... It breaks my heart..T___T..Oh well..I guess it might be for the better... :-< Anyway, @Lyrayoo, (a little late)does your friend gave it to you then? I mean that book? @liddi, were you able to grab a copy? From what bookstore? I'm from PH as well btw..

@hershlag, @LyrayooUnfortunately I am not in the Philippines, and have not had any luck finding the books yet in Malaysia. Now, reading @Lyrayoo's recommendation as well as writer-nim Song Jae Jeong's preface (?), I am even more keen than ever to get my hands on it. Is there any way to purchase the books online? Time to scour our local bookstores once more. [-O<

• 1 month later...

​Hi liddi, sorry for the late response !

I asked the official facebook about the availability of the books to be shipped internationally. For now there's no option yet ( I only saw My Name is Kim Sam Soon 's

Another famous quote from the drama 

@LyraYoo Thank you so much for asking... I truly appreciate it. Really hope they will make these books available for international fans... (where is the praying emoticon when I need one?!) How awesome it must be, to be able to hear the scriptwriter's perspective on the drama and the characters that have firmly engraved themselves in our hearts... to be able to see whether our perception aligns with what they intended to present. Park Sun Woo's journey is one that I will not forget for a long long time...

• 2 years later...

Just discovered this drama and it’s so good. I really enjoyed the cast of familiar faces especially the lead guy whom i’ve seen in Goodbye Mr. Black and the Korean version of In Time With You. This was my favorite among his drama shows because his character was exceptionally appealing/enjoyable for me to watch and I loved his acting. 

About the first and the last scene, I read a logical explanation in a comments section of a recap blog and i’m convinced it’s correct. JW probably died in the new timeline again probably after hearing about the incense sticks and thinking to go back and save his father who raised him. This time however, SW already knew about the incense sticks (thanks to his old 2013 self) because he had sent them forward in the burnt case to his old 2013 self. He also probably understood more about the incense sticks after reading the notes that JW left behind just like his old 2013 self had done. However, since MY told him his old 2013 self died in the past, he doesn’t go back to the past but instead waits 20 years from JW’s death date and goes back to save him. That’s probably why he looks older in the credits and tells his brother “long time no see, hyung.” 

I basically think that after he flies to Nepal things proceeded pretty much like they did previously with some changes because SW is no longer dying from a brain tumor. I also believe they probably got married in April 2013 because her parents caught them together in February 2013. So pretty much things repeat without all the baggage that existed before. I mean, even their first meeting were basically the same again with the same clothes and all with just a few minor changes. 

• 1 year later...

Stumbled upon Nine on Netflix and revisited Ep19. Even though it's been 5 years since I first watched, this episode still guts me every single time, and I'm a tear-streaked mess once more as Young Hoon replays each message left behind by Sun Woo, culminating in that final devastating scene when Sun Woo sees younger Min Young for the last time, and present-day Min Young watches the man she loves still trying to protect her, and dying before her mind's eyes. Shattered.

Archived