[Drama 2013] Nine: Nine Times Time Travel 나인: 아홉 번의 시간여행

cikamoi

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm re-watching this drama slowly as it airs over my cable TV.

This drama joins my list of favourite dramas for it's thought provoking plot and excellent acting by Lee Jin-Wook. He held the whole show together and portrayed the emotions of Sun Woo through the phases of glee, controlled grief, despair, youth, maturity etc so well. The couple scenes are so sexy too.

This drama is a good choice when you need a break from cheesy kdrama plots of fake marriages/amnesia/force kiss etc.

sunl0ver said:

I'm re-watching this drama slowly as it airs over my cable TV.

This drama joins my list of favourite dramas for it's thought provoking plot and excellent acting by Lee Jin-Wook. He held the whole show together and portrayed the emotions of Sun Woo through the phases of glee, controlled grief, despair, youth, maturity etc so well. The couple scenes are so sexy too.

This drama is a good choice when you need a break from cheesy kdrama plots of fake marriages/amnesia/force kiss etc.

Oh i am seeing my TTM followers here too... Hi everyone...I love nine n i am also watching it again over my cable tvn. I can rewatch it upteen times as i love it so much n of course i fell harder head over heels over lee jin wook, my only one and only kdrama man. This started in 2011 when i first stumbled on kdrama n ljw. He has a magnetic irresistable quality or traction over me thst i cd not control tho he was not a idol boy or that great looking but he just grew on me n those eyesss n pensive expressions just drove me nuts.., Nine was the climax as my heart tore n stopped n my eyes teared as he teared. I just thot he had great depth n talent n he just showed it all in nine. Great acting coupled with a wonderful personality gathered from his interviews.

The 2 incense that came back to sunwoo was like trlling him that he had unfinished business to settle. I do think that 2013 sunwoo was an illusion, the object to turn the wheel of fate...it is apt that he cant return from 1983 as he has served his purpose. It is like he is there to wake their conscience n trigger them to see the light. It is heartwrenching after that huge rollercoaster emotional ride with sunwoo to reach that sad end point. Was not much pacified by epi 20 .

I love bromance bw YH n SW n the 2 woo bros

@hazelnutthursdays‌ @liddi - if u like to see ljw in early days go watch Someday. It is like an arthouse drama. I love it altho it is bit slow. Bae doo na is the lead. He is supporting cAst but he made a very deep impression on me. Ljw aldy showed signs of the type of roles that suit him best..n he keeps improving with each drama...

In one interview with writer song she said SW played God so he is punished at the end. But she said that he did so well aware that he sd not as he is only human. The wheel that he started cant be reversed altho he tried to roll back.. Knowing what happened before the young sunwoo wants to go back to change things n writer says that is his will to survive which will keep him going! Ironies thruout

@lotus - Thank you for the drama recommendation.

I'm currently watching another old Lee Jinwook drama, "Air City." Without revealing so much, let's just say I chose it for personal reasons that have to do with my profession. Three episodes in and my crush keeps growing.

"Nine" is mentioned here, Soompi's article on underrated dramas. It really is a good drama, and I felt that it was a great showcase of a good writer, a good director and a good cast, especially a lead in whose shoes we are also on, because it is primarily his journey. 

It's been a week since I finished "Nine." I wake up some mornings feeling that I understood it, but then I think about the last scene and I negate my own thoughts. So I'm going to be thinking about it yet, while also reading up on the thread to catch up. 
I know "Nine" came out on the best drama lists of 2013. I'm glad that after watching it, I feel it rightfully deserves so. I'm now curious to find out more about the process and the creators and how this little gem came about. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

My friends, I guess its not yet late for me. I started to like Lee Jin Wook  as I watch  The Three Musketeers that's why I'm rushing to watch this drama.  I'm so sad that I was not able to join the forum during that time it was shown.Regards to everyone.

@raewonkim‌ - its never late. Many people worldwide are discovering this drama n falling in love with it.

Have u finished watching it?? Its on my cable now n its up to that episode 18! wahhh !!! That horrible episode coming...A funeral that turned into a wedding n then... :(( :((

LOTUS, I HAVE JUST FINISHED watching  EP17 right now and the best episode for me because  everything that Park Sung Woo wish to be change happened. The last scene is the wedding scene. I'll continue it tomorrow. I guess those who watched The Three Musketters are also seaching the previous dramas of Lee Jin Wook just  like me. I'll also watch his a latest movie.Thank you.

LOTUS, I have finished watching this drama. I'm a little bit confused because of the event that happened. Seemingly in the first event, he died because nobody came over to rescue him, so the wedding was cancelled. In the 2nd event, Min Young came over and thats the time the neighborhood came to rescue him and I guess he did not die and it was shown yearly the event of his life.
The ending is not clear for me. Hope you can clarify the ending for me to understand fully well.thank you.

LOTUS, I have finished watching this drama. I'm a little bit confused because of the event that happened. Seemingly in the first event, he died because nobody came over to rescue him, so the wedding was cancelled. In the 2nd event, Min Young came over and thats the time the neighborhood came to rescue him and I guess he did not die and it was shown yearly the event of his life.

The ending is not clear for me. Hope you can clarify the ending for me to understand fully well.
thank you.

The ending is confusing for everyone, and there has been a lot of discussion about it. The consensus seems to be that the original version of Sun woo died in the past. When people finally came to help him, he had already passed away. What you see in the last episode is the younger version of him as he grows up. He was visited by a man who told him he was himself from the future. And we see that kid become a reporter and meet Min young and go through his life, almost the same but a little differently. Because the older brother is more stable this time. When we get up to the present again, Min young tells him about seeing the dying man and how he warned her against anyone who looks like him. Then she goes to Nepal and he follows her. The really confusing part is that last scene where he rescues his brother. It is almost a replay of the very first scene of the drama, but this time he has a beard. Many people take it to mean that the second time around, Sun woo uses only one incense stick, rescues his brother, and does not use the rest of them. He just calls it good and doesn't try to mess with things any more.

@telzey‌ - thanks for jumping in!

@raewonkim‌ - the ending is for viewers to work out n your own logic to define. Give it a try to write yr own ending for nine.

For me after going thru that trauma of trying to figure out last year, i decided to sit back n just enjoy the drama for itself. Not spending more of my brain cells anymore to work it out.

This writer's masterpiece forces us to watch over to over again n she certainly got me trapped.

Thanks to  every one especially LOTUS AND TELZEY. 

You're welcome. It's such a good show. If you would like to read more of what has been written about it, go to the first page of this thread, to the green heading: recaps and reviews. They have collected quite a few. Or just google: nine time travels ending.

Hey! Everyone~ >:D
I am a new fan of Nine!  I discovered Lee Jin Woo in Three Musketeers.  I started to watch his other projects.  I just finished "Nine: Nine time travels". WOW!  This is an AMAZING drama!  I absolutely love it.  I look forward to discussing this drama with you in the future :D

Guest KrystalClaire

I'm so glad I found this forum :) I love both LJW and JYH. Since both are them are currently single, I really hope will date each other  :x

I recently had some free time and made this video. Have a look and I hope you guys enjoy it ;)

lotus said: @telzey‌ - thanks for jumping in! @raewonkim‌ - the ending is for viewers to work out n your own logic to define. Give it a try to write yr own ending for nine. For me after going thru that trauma of trying to figure out last year, i decided to sit back n just enjoy the drama for itself. Not spending more of my brain cells anymore to work it out. This writer's masterpiece forces us to watch over to over again n she certainly got me trapped.

Archived