how often do you wash your hair?

Guest thepigs

Guest hellopandaluv

I wash my hair everyday, although I know I really shouldn't. It's odd and a bit OCD but if I go out, without washing my hair in the morning, I feel really self-conscious. I probably should start washing it every second day instead, as by washing my hair everday, I strip away it's natural oils.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest beerhamster

2-3x a week...anymore and it starts to get too dried out.  But any less and my roots get oily but the ends get bone dry!  I use Oscar Blandi dry shampoo between shampoos and it smells amazing!

Guest Yishi_x

I used to wash my hair every other day but have made a conscious effort to wash it less since I get dry flakes. Now I do it 2 or 3 times a week, keeping it tied back to stop me from obsessing over whether it's getting greasy or not - out of sight, out of mind! I'll wash it more often though if it gets really greasy from exercise or travelling.
I've read about shampoo bars that are made of completely natural ingredients that don't strip your scalp the way regular shampoos do - if anyone has any experience of using these, do let me know!

Guest xDollars

Every other day or every two days.
I try not to wash it too much and when I do, I only shampoo the roots and condition from the ear down.

Guest Gabriela Lim

I have hair that tends to get oily within 8 hours. I used to wash my hair every single day. Back when I was in Malaysia I even washed it twice a day lol.. *harcore
I live in Holland so the climate is not what causes my hair to get so oily. Many people told me not to wash it every day because it apparently makes your hair oilier. So I tried washing it every 3 days for about half a year but it still gets oily really fast. Other than that my hair doesn't feel any healthier than before... I even prefer the texture of my hair when I washed it every day. Now I wash it every day/other day since I exercise 3 times a week. :)

Guest meryemaksungur

i have mixed hair so it is very dryi was with shampoo once a week and follow that with a deep conditionerbut i co-wash (cleansing conditioner) every three days 

Guest cutieheartzbadboy

i wash my hair everyday with this anti dandruff shampoo that makes my hair smell yuck (like i did not wash my hair). i started washing my hair everyday once my korean hairdresser told me so since i have thick tresses. It's summer atm and im soooo lazy to wash my sometimes, so i do not. but it does not exceed a day though. hahaha

I wash mine every second day. I used to watch it everyday, but I found that if I didn't wash it one day it became really gross, and I just felt uncomfortable the entire day. So when I was on holidays a few years ago, I limited myself to washing it every second day. And my hair doesn't get as oily on the second day now.

Guest bbpanida

I wash it every day and sometimes every other day. It all depends on how greasy it looks. Mine usually get greasy by the next day. Been trying to skip a day though cause washing everyday is really taking a toll on my hair.

Guest PrismaticDoll

I wash my hair every other day.  Most of the week I use a professional conditioner for color-treated hair.  Once a week I use a sulfate-free shampoo for color-treated hair.  And once a week I use the Wen deep conditioner.
My hair gets colored monthly so not only do I have to keep it healthy, I have to keep it from fading quickly.  Shampoos actually strip the color from your hair if it is dyed.

Guest kimchiday

i wash my hair on sundays and wednesdays, so twice a week. i feel like if i wash my hair more often, my hair won't be as healthy. : /

If I am home for several days (which is not too common), I would wash it every other day. Otherwise I shower every time before I go out (which can be up to everyday for an entire week). I know it is bad, but my hair gets oily and flat extremely fast. If I sleep on it, it will be a complete mess by the next morning.

Guest olivia75

There are lots of dust in the air and those dust usually store on our skull. This is very important to me to wash my hair in each of every day. If you do not wash your hair properly in each day then you may have to face lots of unwanted problems.

Archived