how often do you wash your hair?

Guest thepigs

Guest I_play_with_dolls

I wash it every other day now because I don't have virgin hair, mind you I bleached my hair five times before to achieve a platinum blond in order to go silver, not to mentioned I've used permanent dye multiple times after and this has been all within a year and a half. Since my hair is super dry I don't shampoo it everyday but I do use conditioner. I learned my hair has gotten a LOT softer and smoother when I don't use shampoo everyday and it has improved the health of my hair a lot (along with trims every three months).

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jngyng

Every other day or two. Back in middle school, I was so obsessed with washing my hair that it became a grease-monster. :'(

I try to keep it to two times a week, but a lot of times I'll cave and wash every two days or so, since I'm really paranoid about having greasy hair. 

Guest aViicky

I usually wash it every other day, though I have no idea why haha. I can go for about 4-5 days without my hair going greasy. Sometimes when I'm super lazy I go for about 3 days without washing it :P

Guest kitty_N

About 2 days per week.  The last day prior to washing my hair, I'll slather coconut oil all over and put it in a bun. 

Instead of dry shampoo you could always try baby powder. :P That's what I do. I wash my hair every other day since it's not the summer yet and I want to tame its oil control.
The WEIRDEST thing is usually when I get compliments on my hair it's my 2nd day hair. I'm guessing the oil doubles up as some sort of hair styling shaper? xD Gross right? So usually I'm just like "ermm.. thaaaaanks >u>"

• 3 months later...
Guest lethallylovely

Every other day or so. If you use conditioner, make sure to not use it on your roots because it can make hair greasier.

Guest gisellaaa

I used to wash my hair everyday because it was so oily, but I stopped washing it so often because it was ruining my hair. 
Now I wash my hair every 2-3 days and it's definitely more healthy-looking (plus it's a money saver since I won't have to buy shampoo & conditioner more often). 

Guest wakii

once about every 3 days. i have very dry hair and a dry scalp and live in a hot and dry climate so it's unnecessary to wash my hair daily unless i sweat a lot or go swimming.

Guest Fisheyy

I wash my hair every other day but if I'm staying home the day I usually wash my hair, I go 2 days without washing my hair. If my bangs decide to be all icky and greasy, I would wash that since the rest of my head is not greasy.
I used to play sports in high school so I had to wash it everyday which caused my hair to be greasy if I don't wash it everyday but once you start washing it every other day, your hair will eventually get used to it. Plus it's better for your hair! 

Guest punchmydreams

I wash my hair every single day. Mane N Tail helps keep my hair and roots dry which I love because it helps my hair go onto the next day before it starts getting oily. With other shampoo, I can only last 2/4-3/4 of the day. But when I want to skip a full day, its usually because I won't be going anywhere for the day and I have the Tigi Cat Walk Root Boost Mousse in my hair from the day before which soaks up the oils and make my hair last a little longer.

Guest jaeych

I shampoo my hair the first time I go for a shower, the second time I condition. The third time I go for a shower which is the next day I don't wash my hair at all but the next shower I will shampoo it again and so on.

Archived