how often do you wash your hair?

Guest thepigs

Guest ohsnapTIMOTHY

Once a day, 20 minutes after workout.
2 in 1 Shampoo/Conditioner to save time. CHI Infusion or Biosilk afterwards for maintenance. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hades1430292066

Twice a week using baking soda as shampoo and ACV as a conditioner/finishing rinse. If I could get away with just washing it with water it'd probably go down to once a week, but since my hair is so damaged it can't handle that it needs some nutrition lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest koreankimchi123

I have dry hair so I mustn't wash them too much. I wash them at most 2 times a week, that's all.

What about your hair products?

Guest stellamirandaa

I wash every night because my hair gets super oily really quickly and I can't stand dirty hair... thanks to that though, my hair dye fades really quick.

Guest lvmeo07

I do it every day, I thought that's what you're supposed to do lol, but I hear it isn't? But my hair is pretty oily so I'm pretty sure I'm right on the mark. 

Maybe someone have an experience with good products for oily hair? I will be grateful for any propositions. I use special shampoo to oily hair but it doesn't help.

Guest charamella

I wash my hair everyday but it doesn't feel greasy or anything. I don't use any product in my hair and I just leave it as it is. ^^

Guest koreankimchi123

kati22 said: Maybe someone have an experience with good products for oily hair? I will be grateful for any propositions. I use special shampoo to oily hair but it doesn't help.

Guest SophieKins

I wash them with shampoo and conditioner. Id wash them after three days (like, yes, no, no, yes) unless Im working and I get my hair sprayed (or worst... WAXED !). :D

Guest Christyy.ann93

I wash my hair every 2-3 days, depending on whether I'm leaving the house or not (lol). My hair isn't greasy the second day, but is on the third. If I decide not to wash my hair on the third day, I just spritz dry shampoo. Now that it's cold, I can start wearing hats on the third day, too. :DMy hair is so long and thick that I don't even mind. It takes forever to dry/style.
 My manager at work is also a hair dresser, and she gets mad at me if I wash it any more often than every other day. Haha :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lovexcerys

Before I bleached my hair, every other day though on the in-between day, it got kinda gross :P Since bleaching my hair... once every three days. I use dry shampoo in between. Nothing beats having actual shampoo washed hair but the dry shampoo does do wonders :)

Guest phalken

I was one of those people who washed my hair every day because my hair was greasy by the end of the first day.
Then over a summer vacation I sucked it up and stopped washing every day haha. For three weeks I washed every three days (wash, no, no, wash), and just kept it tied up on the gross days. By the end of the three days my hair wasn't greasy at all by the end of the first day, and only slightly greasy the second morning, greasy second night.
Since then I've washed every other day and it's worked out for me ^^ Second day I usually keep my hair tied up but it's not obviously greasy until the evening.
I've tried all sorts of shampoos and conditioners too and I must say I don't think any of it actually helps degrease my hair :/ It's really about gritting your teeth for a month or so and just let your hair be gross to rebalance the oil production.

Archived