how often do you wash your hair?

Guest thepigs

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

I had oily hair when I was younger. literally had to wash my hair every other day during the winter and every day during the summer...But now that I live in Las Vegas ( the desert) and getting older )(I am 28 yrs old), I noticed that my hair has gotten dryer.
So I now wash it every three days. I use a dry spray shampoo in between so that I can keep my hair clean without stripping the natural oils from my hair. I also use a deep conditioner every two weeks to keep my hair healthy. And oh yeah... Also I am starting to take multi-vitamins so to help my hair grow faster and stronger.

I used to have VERY oily hair and I'd wash my hair everyday...sometimes twice a day. But that was allllllll before I began bleaching my hair. Now, I wash every other day or I'll wait 2 days before washing my hair (Shampoo, conditioner, etc.) but I still take showers everyday, just water on the hair though, no shampooing.
I've never tried dry shampoo....I've heard lots of things about it but never tried it. If anyone knows some brands that are nice for bleached hair lemme know....

Guest lalunaluna

I wash mine as little as possible lol, which means every 3-4 days or however long it takes to look greasy 

Guest berrychoo

I wash my hair everyday. But I don't get greasy hair when I skip a few days of not washing my hair!
Maybe I just like the smell of my shampoo too much? x)

Guest maddyn00

I wash mine everyday too because I can't stand how greasy it looks.. but it's true, it's bad to wash your hair everyday. I noticed that the more I wash it the greasy it gets. My hair stylish said she can go 3-4 days without washing.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest halycon

I was my hair 2-3 times a week only, fortunately dandruff and oiliness becomes only visible on my hair after 5 days. I wouldn't wash your hair every day unless you really really have to.

Guest iPhets

Every other day if I have to go somewhere constantly.If there is a day that I know I'll be home all day but I'm *supposed* to wash it, I'll just skip. 

Guest LightenedAwareness

As a guy, I wash it everyday.
Otherwise, I just feel incomplete, like my head isn't breathing freshly enough. 

Guest sweetpeia

i used to wash everyday. but then i realized that it really dried out my scale and hair...so now its every other day.

Guest koalanatalie

I was it once a day because although it's super damaging, I just can't sleep without washing my hair. So I guess sleep is more important. Also, the greasy smell of dirty hair really bothers me. 

Guest rykielrose

I wash it every day because by the end of the day it gets greasy and uncomfortable. Maybe try endure the discomfort for a while until your scalp produces less oil? :)

Guest multitaskingmuse

I wash my hair everyday since it tends to get oily. But now that it's summer here in the Philippines, I wash it at least 2x/day because of the heat. 

Guest Shieno

I usually wash it every other day, if I wash it everyday it gets oily faster. On the second day I usually just pull it into a braid, bun or ponytail though. It also helps not washing everyday when I straighten/curl my hair.

Guest cinnappo

I've actually tried doing the several days without washing or washing every other day but no matter what my hair gets so greasy and I feel absolutely disgusting unless I wash it every day. I use head and shoulders with a special formula for oily hair though so I can wash it every day. My hair's in pretty good shape because I've only dyed it twice in my life and I haven't had it dyed in over two years so it's grown out.

Guest truthabout4ever

During the summer everyday (I work at a pool), The winter: every other day. I have dry hair so I love second day hair!

Archived