how often do you wash your hair?

Guest thepigs

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i co wash once a week (conditioner only) and use shampoo once a month. I also deep condition every other week.
My hair is a different texture so if i wash it more then 2 a week it damages it and it breaks.. hence why i have a bob hair style now -__-"

Guest soundofsnow

I wash my hair every second day. I tend to stick with products that aren't as damaging. I spent nearly an hr or so in the shampoo aisle just looking at the ingredients used and pretty much every single product I picked up was pretty bad.

Guest MissMay1430292204

I wash my hair when it turns greasy, which is anything between 2-4 days, depending on the weather, rain etc.
When I wash my hair, I usually shampoo once or twice, treatment or conditioner for 3-5mins. Then follow up with leave in hair treatment. =D

Guest blackrosexoxo

i wash it every day because my hair is naturally very oily at the roots and oily hair just irks me but it's recommended to wash every other day to allow your hair to reproduce its natural oils :)

Guest SugarLump

Everyday, I have thick almost black hair and in the summer heat, I get a lot headaches. It feels like I have a greenhouse on top of my scalp, if I don't wash it, its like I've smeared chip pan grease over my head.

• 1 month later...
Guest quteeCAKE

I wash mine every other day or I try every 2 days.My hair is very thin too and my hair looks oily/greasy but, I just tie my hair up or wear a hat. NO ONE KNOWS BUT YOU :D 

Guest jabeum

Another odd one out, I usually wash every two months or so. If I do it too soon then my hair breaks off so... but that's because I have weave/extensions. So without them usually every 2-3 weeks.

Guest alisonwonderland

To everyone with oily hair--in general, if you use shampoo infrequently, your hair will adapt and produce less sebum. you have to go through a couple weeks of unpleasant second-day hair to transition though lol. in the dorms, I had to shampoo every day, otherwise my hair would be a greasy mess on the second day. now I shampoo 2-3x a week. imo I think it also helps to wash with lukewarm water. I noticed my scalp feels less dry when I don't shower with boiling hot water (I love really hot showers though lol).

I shampoo once a day. But I shower 2-3x a day and get my hair wet but I don't shampoo it.

I've been shampooing once a day all my life. I've heard you shouldn't shampoo it daily but whenever I don't, it gets greasy/smelly and I have trouble styling it. >.>

• 4 weeks later...
Guest leegalaxy

I used to wash my hair everyday. The first time I learned that some people don't wash daily, I was surprised and irked because my hair could get really oily when I miss a day of washing. But I also read about the hair damage so I tried doing it as less as I could. At first it felt really dirty so what I did was to skip washing when I didn't have to go out of the house or for some quick errands.

Now my hair doesn't oil up at least for a day after, sometimes even 2-3 days after washing. I also noticed my hair is softer and easier to manage now, unlike before when it was always frizzy and flying in all directions ;)

Archived