how often do you wash your hair?

Guest thepigs

Guest vanillaminty

I used to wash it everyday, but since I now know that that's sort of bad for you, I try to wash every other day. I don't like the feeling of unwashed hair though.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sammihearts

Every 2-3 days (4 if I can).I just find that when I don't wash it too much, somehow it's in better condition? it's always so shiny and manageable. Whereas when I wash it everyday it just feel drier and drier.Everyones hair is different though.I personally have thick, long hair (and a lot of it) and it's not very oily and I therefore appreciate the oils :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest andrea minjungditan

My hair is the typical thick, black asian hair. No matter if people say it's bad to wash it everyday, it must not be for me. I wash it EVERY DAY. I can't go without doing so, and in the morning, too, because when I wake up I feel all greasy and dirty and I can't stand it. I wash it everyday but my hair isn't damaged so that's proof it's not always true that it's bad. 

If I skip a day without showering, my hair gets really greasy and very flat. And especially since I have bangs right now (which I want to grow out), if I don't shower, my face also gets greasy, which would get my bangs greasy and it looks disgusting. 

Guest palmsizedtiger

I wash it every three days. Since I've dyed my hair, my scalp doesn't get as severely greasy after one day. The bad part is that I have bad dandruff TT~TT

• 3 weeks later...
Guest NicoleC1430293431

I wash my hair once every two days because I absolutely can't stand my hair being oily/smelly. I also cook every night, which makes my hair smell :(. I guess if I don't have any plans to go out/see anyone, I can wash my hair once every 3 - 4 days. I guess it just depends on the situation, but mainly once every 2 days :)
See more on my blog: http://nhyc.blogspot.co.uk

Guest Hearted

2-3 days and if I'm pushing on the 4th day I'll use dry shampoo/baby powder or tie it up. Ideally, i'd like to wash it everyother day.

Guest Inconnu

3 days for me.

I feel like this thread could be taken the wrong way by boys--they
might think we really don't shower everyday too! lol.

Guest jnfrmana

I shampoo maybe once a week. I condition everyday and deep condition twice a week. If I have recently dyed my hair I will probably try to actually shampoo after two weeks to avoid fading the colour but won't deep condition. I have thick hair and it looks ratty if I don't condition it often :/.

Guest palmsizedtiger

Actually, showering everyday is not very good for your skin either. Unless you stink really really bad all of the time even after you shower, you don't need to bathe daily.

Guest dorkix3

I need to wash my hair every two days because my hair is really dry. But I do deep condition my hair once a week to try to keep the oil in it.

Guest OanaM1430293457

I was my hair only when it starts to get oily and it starts to look a little no no ... that means either 3 , 4 or up to 5 days depending on how i manage to maintain it clean  .

Guest deedee67

I am lucky enough that I don't have many issues with my hair. I do find that I need to wash at least every other day depending on what time of the year it is. I can get away with washing it every other day in the winter time, but during the summer I have to wash my hair daily or it will get nasty and greasy. My biggest problem is with conditioners. I have to use specific types of conditioner or my hair will get super dry and my scalp will begin to flake. I hate flakes, and those special shampoos that are supposed to fix the problem do absolutely nothing for me.

Archived