✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

2 minutes ago, miri said:

Yeah, Ruler is worst drama to date. Even Radio Romance had low ratings, the writing of her character in that drama is far more supeior in Ruler. In Ruler, she was made like a damsel in distress which should not be in the first place. Hence, I feel bitter about Ruler despite of its high reception. 

Same, the second female lead felt more like a female main lead than her character. Her character was almost useless. I was hoping to see her use her sword but she barely did anything with it besides swinging it around for a bit. :mellow:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, miri said:

As far as I know, no artists in K-entertainment world had a clean record of filmography. Everyone has a fair share of flop projects including the likes of SHK, JJH, KTH, and SYJ. As such, I am extremely glad that So Hyun experiences a slump from time to time. For me, the experience will help her to have a grasp on what is good project. And for that, she may find new successes. Honestly, when it comes to best "roles", I believe that So Hyun has an eye for good ones. Save for her role in Ruler (despite being a ratings hit), all her roles were phenomenal and have greatly shown how great an actress she is. 

As for Baeksang, I have a feeling that she is being because her hit dramas are not "huge" domestic hits like DOTS, LITM and Goblin. Further, it also feels like So Hyun is disqualified for Best New Actress category. Instead, she is more fitted for Best Actress nomination. However, since she do not have huge hits, Baeksang cannot give her a nomination for that category. 

Anyways, I believe that everyone has their own time. Our KSH may find that one big drama that will propel her to another level of stardom soonest. Just look at SYJ, she became a big hallyu star at the age of 37 through CLOY. So, everything has their own time. Let is just be positive. At this rate, I am happy that So Hyun already has big popularity overseas which is comparable to bighest hallyu stars nowadays. 

Slump is one thing what I can't stand is her being under appreciated every single time. Fine I'll accept your reason for Baeksang main awards but what about popularity? Why wan't she nominated and why has she never been able to win the few times she was nominated. Son Yejin was already the national first love and box office queen before she became a hallyu star. That label is meaningless for her because she has never been under appreciated. Kim Sohyun needs to have some recognition from good writers and directors who never seem to want to cast her. Even rookie actors get dramas with solid writers but all Kim Sohyun ever gets is rookie writers. That is frustrating how will she excel with mediocre characters and dramas.

• Confused 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, Palette45 said:

Slump is one thing what I can't stand is her being under appreciated every single time. Fine I'll accept your reason for Baeksang main awards but what about popularity? Why wan't she nominated and why has she never been able to win the few times she was nominated. Son Yejin was already the national first love and box office queen before she became a hallyu star. That label is meaningless for her because she has never been under appreciated. Kim Sohyun needs to have some recognition from good writers and directors who never seem to want to cast her. Even rookie actors get dramas with solid writers but all Kim Sohyun ever gets is rookie writers. That is frustrating how will she excel with mediocre characters and dramas.

Who are those rookie actors who get dramas with solid writers? Can you name them? As far as I know, solid writers always go to the top actors and actresses of the 70 and 80 liners. On the other hand, rookie actors are the go to stars of rookie writers and PDs. 

As for So Hyun's case, I guess she was casted only in dramas with rookie writers during her Sidus days. When she changed agency, all of her recent dramas (TTON and LA) have solid writers and PDs. So, I don't know if you are a bit outdated of what is happening to So Hyunnie.

Further, I wish to point out that save for her Ruler character, all of her drama characters are superior not mediocre. In her gen, she has the strongest and most diversity when it comes to drama roles. She will not be the So Hyun we know today if she has not played those amazing drama characters. 

As for Baeksang, I agree that should have been nominated for popularity awards. It is already long overdue. Nevertheless, I have to say that the right time will come for her to win prestigious awards. We cannot force something to happen now when it is not yet due. The K-media have a high appreciation for her. She was given a lot of titles like National Little Sister, Queen of Child Actors, Historical Goddess, Manhwa Girl, Little SYJ, and Child Actor Troika. So, let us not be feared by the little negative things happening to her. Let us stop spreading negativity because it will do no good to the fandom. It will not inspire the fans and will let them feel inferior. So, let us be positive. KSH has a bright future ahead! 

• Like 2

Further, her new agency seems so careful in choosing her dramas. If you remember, Kim So Hyun turned down the lead role in the TV remake of Miss Granny. One of the reasons was the weak script. So, let us trust that they are doing the best for So Hyun to get the best projects. 

• Like 2

Even the majority of dramas (as lead) of Park Bo Gum, Yeo Jin Goo and Kim Yoo Jung are not backed up by solid writers. The likes of KES, PJE and the Kingdom writer always cast the actors and actresses of the 70 and 80 lines as "leads". So Hyun is one of the luckiest stars because her recent dramas are backed up by Fight For My Way and Love In The Moonlight PD and writer, respectively. Further, she has a Netflix drama under her belt which is being produced by a top production company. So, everything is in good hands right now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, miri said:

Who are those rookie actors who get dramas solid writers? Can you name them? As far as I know, solid writers always goes to the top actors and actresses of the 70 and 80 liners. On the other hand, rookie actors are the go to stars of rookie writers and PDs. 

As for So Hyun's case, I guess she was casted only in dramas with rookie writers during her Sidus days. When she changed agency, all of her recent dramas (TTON and LA) have solid writers and PDs. So, I don't know if you are a bit outdated of what is happening to So Hyunnie.

Further, I wish to point out that save for her Ruler character, all of her drama characters are superior not mediocre. In her gen, she has the strongest and most diversity when it comes to drama roles. She will not be the So Hyun we know today if she has not played those amazing drama characters. 

As for Baeksang, I agree that should have been nominated for popularity awards. It is already long overdue. Nevertheless, I have to say that the right time will come for her to win prestigious awards. We cannot force something to happen now when it is not yet due. The K-media have a high appreciation for her. She was given a lot of titles like National Little Sister, Queen of Child Actors, Historical Goddess, Manhwa Girl, Little SYJ, and Child Actor Troika. So, let us not be feared by the little negative things happening to her. Let us stop spreading negativity because it will do no good to the fandom. It will not inspire the fans and will let them feel inferior. So, let us be positive. KSH has a bright future ahead! 

Love Alarm has rookie writers for both seasons. Tale of Nokdu had a cowriter from Moonlight not the main writer and the director was a sub director from Fight My Way. Luckily both these dramas performed even though Love Alarm has many haters as it does fans. Rookie actors like Ahn Hyoseop, Kim Hyeyoon who just got a drama offer from the Sky Castle team which we know is going to be a big ratings winner and even Jung Jiso who got cast not just in Parasite but a drama from the director of Train to Busan and don't forget Lee Dohyun and Song Kang who got a drama from Lee Eunbok himself. True Kim Sohyun has diversity but you go on twitter and all you see is people saying queen of high school dramas or the girl who is always in love triangles. Yeo Jingoo and Kim Yoojung both have hit dramas which have big ratings and popularity which they acheived very early. They even have Baeksang nominations and awards. Yeo Jingoo himself delivered two hits last year and Kim Yoojung is going to very likely give another hit from A list director.  Miss Granny wasn't turned down for weak script but more possibly because the production has been stalled for almost two years. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

A Netflix drama under her belt is a plus point but she deserves much better dramas and characters. I think everyone can agree on that because she isn't a teen anymore she is already 21. The company that doesn't even pay their website fees on time I find it hard to trust them. 

• Insightful 1

51 minutes ago, Palette45 said:

A Netflix drama under her belt is a plus point but she deserves much better dramas and characters. I think everyone can agree on that because she isn't a teen anymore she is already 21. The company that doesn't even pay their website fees on time I find it hard to trust them. 

Well, I don't wanna dwell on that website issue. Anyways, if you want to spread negativity even on small things like this, well, I guess, this is not the proper place for you. This forum is made to spread fun and happiness about So Hyun whether she is in the up or down of her career.

10 hours ago, Palette45 said:

Love Alarm has rookie writers for both seasons. Tale of Nokdu had a cowriter from Moonlight not the main writer and the director was a sub director from Fight My Way. Luckily both these dramas performed even though Love Alarm has many haters as it does fans. Rookie actors like Ahn Hyoseop, Kim Hyeyoon who just got a drama offer from the Sky Castle team which we know is going to be a big ratings winner and even Jung Jiso who got cast not just in Parasite but a drama from the director of Train to Busan and don't forget Lee Dohyun and Song Kang who got a drama from Lee Eunbok himself. True Kim Sohyun has diversity but you go on twitter and all you see is people saying queen of high school dramas or the girl who is always in love triangles. Yeo Jingoo and Kim Yoojung both have hit dramas which have big ratings and popularity which they acheived very early. They even have Baeksang nominations and awards. Yeo Jingoo himself delivered two hits last year and Kim Yoojung is going to very likely give another hit from A list director.  Miss Granny wasn't turned down for weak script but more possibly because the production has been stalled for almost two years. 

Okay, let us go one by one:

AHS and KHY - agree that they receiving love calls from high profile projects. However, as of this point, they do not have any dramas as "leads" which were considered as hits. Further, Sky Castle writer is more of a rookie. He/she is not yet on the level to considered as an A-list. For AHS' Hong Chun Gi, there is no confirmed writer and PD yet. The only postive about it is that the writer of the "novel" is also the writer of TEMTS and SKKS. 

JJS- her roles are support only not the main character. So, it is not a big deal being cast in Parasite and TTB sequel as supporting character. 

SK and LDH - I believe that their casting is more on Netflix's decision and not of PD's. After all, no one can say no to a Netflix project coz it is the biggest these days. 

YJG and KYJ - agree that they have big hits but we have to consider how they had benefitted from their hits? As far as I know, PBG and IU took all the success of LITM and HDL, respectively. If YJG and KYJ really benefitted from these hits, they must have a big popularity like So Hyun who has a whopping 8.9 million followers in her IG, the biggest and unrivaled among and by her peers. Further, YJG and KYJ have also a fair share of flop dramas as leads. So, we can't say that they are superior than So Hyun. Not to mention that YJG is notorious for having a higher record of flop dramas over hit dramas. As to YJ, her Clean drama recorded a 1% rating, which is already low for a cable drama these days. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Palette45 said:

Tale of Nokdu had a cowriter from Moonlight not the main writer

I’m confused, I thought TON had two screen writers including the the main writer of moonlight and school 2015?

Kim Hyeyoon who just got a drama offer from the Sky Castle team which we know is going to be a big ratings winner

Actually the sky castle team, individually the director and writer have many low in quality dramas before sky castle. They hit great success with sky castle, but will they be able to hit success once again? Their track record is poor. 

True Kim Sohyun has diversity but you go on twitter and all you see is people saying queen of high school dramas or the girl who is always in love triangle

I don’t mind these labels at all, i see them as compliments. She is still very young and I want to see her do more high school dramas :lol: besides most dramas have love triangles, so I’m not sure that’s a problem? 

Yeo Jingoo himself delivered two hits last year and Kim Yoojung is going to very likely give another hit from A list director

Yes he had two hits last year but the years before that? His dramas did poorly. Also last year he had three dramas, one of them failed miserably, one of the lowest ratings of all time with absolute boyfriend. I actually enjoyed his performance in it tho hahahaha I don’t let ratings deter me from watching dramas lol 

fiery priest director record is also spotty. His latest drama looks very cheesy, I’m not sure if it will be a big hit. Besides She only had one big hit in moonlight. 

Miss Granny wasn't turned down for weak script but more possibly because the production has been stalled for almost two years. 

That’s true, we don’t know why the project was cancelled. 

6 hours ago, Palette45 said:

Even rookie actors get dramas with solid writers but all Kim Sohyun ever gets is rookie writers.

There isn’t many good veteran writers out there, most writers are rookie. But just because they are rookie writer, doesn’t mean they cant be good. It’s all on luck haha even solid writers have their failures, just like the eternal monarch king. 

look at writer so Hyun worked with three times. Her first drama (when she was rookie writer) which was dream high was a success. She’s a great writer, and sohyun was able to work with her three times :)

• Like 1
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, Palette45 said:Luckily both these dramas performed even though Love Alarm has many haters 

Where did you get this info? This is the first time I read such thing. LA was well received domestically and overseas, so the only haters I can think of are those LA app protestors :D

Let’s not dwell on negativity and just keep supporting her:heart:

• Like 4

For "true" fans of So Hyun, let us be reminded that this forum is made to spread our love for So hyun despite of what point of her career she is. Let us not tolerate making of a big deal the little negative things because this forum is made for that reason. We are not here to spread negativity. If you cannot stop spreading negativity, then, you better go to other sites because this forum used to be so much fun and full of insights since the first day I subsribed here. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, miri said:

For "true" fans of So Hyun, let us be reminded that this forum is made to spread our love for So hyun despite of what point of her career she is. Let us not tolerate making of a big deal the little negative things because this forum is made for that reason. We are not here to spread negativity. If you cannot stop spreading negativity, then, you better go to other sites because this forum used to be so much fun and full of insights since the first day I subsribed here. 

I agree let’s try to be as positive as possible :) but at the same time, we should allow all sorts of perspectives because sharing negative thoughts is a way of people sharing their worries, concerns, and their love for so hyun. Also we can all comfort each other in that way by clarifying negative thoughts. 

So let’s not use labels or criteria to constitute who is a true or not true fan :) 

so yes share your worried thoughts but at the same time strive to find positivity, let’s comfort and support each other as we go through the good & bad times on sohyun career and life :wub:

• Like 3