✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

I'm so wrapped up with work that I haven't posted for the past month T.T have to backread 20+ pages XD I have so many things to comment on XD

I have a bittersweet feeling with Radio Romance. The writing could have been improved so much and it impacted the ratings so much. But as much as I have issues with the drama, it literally healed Sohyun after her slump in Ruler. Her regaining back her confidence and being happy on set is the most important thing for me. That's why even though I am bitter with the writing, the sweetness came from Sohyun's genuine happiness with the cast.

This is regarding the haters. I'm probably new to this hate fest since I became a fan of her 2015 (I heard it was worse 2012-2014 era). No matter what the achievements of Sohyun will be, they wouldn't change their opinions because they are blinded by the fact that only their bias is great. Sure they would speak of popularity, but they have to acknowledge Sohyun as a Hallyu star. Just look at the comments section in Radio Romance ep 1 and dominantly people watch because of Sohyun being the lead. They can't deny her popularity. I refrain from telling this publicly but I guess I will in this forum. Sohyun always gets paired with idol actors which are often prejudiced in Korea, while the other person is given a much better leading man. If their leading men's are switched, I'm sure the ratings would be the same (or even greater). I'm not uplifting Sohyun or blaming her costars, but I just want to say that there are other factors to the show's success and so many things happen behind the scenes with the production crew that viewers dont know. But like what the people mentioned here, the comparison will surely persist until God knows when XD But I admire the maturity of Sohyun's fans esp in here. Many new and good actresses of their age will surely surface in the following years, so let's just focus on Sohyun's success because it'll benefit the fandom more :) with her great acting skills, she'll be a representative actress in the future

I also hope Sohyun gets a better script, but I dont know behind the scenes of k-ent industry. So many things happened in the production crew of RR and from what i heard the script that was offered to the actors was different from what the drama followed. It feels unfair for the actors, but they dont have a choice since they are professionals. On the bright side, Sohyun enjoyed a lot. For me, Sohyun accepts scripts because she wants to improve herself as an actress. She doesnt play safe and takes on risks. She doesnt rely on her costars. That's why I admire her. She tries to master her craft and is humble enough to acknowledge herself as a new adult actress. When she is old enough to take meatier roles, she is unstoppable because she took variety of roles. That's what I think.

I feel like a proud mom seeing Sohyun taking her time in university. Based on her interviews, she really really wants to go to school and experience things. I actually feel that she missed out a lot a normal student would experience and it pains me a lot, but she could do everything in univ. I hope she enjoys her time there and not do any works atm. And Sohyun should be in hiatus right now, but since students post pictures of her everyday, we have daily updates of our baby sso as college student. My favorite so far would be her class pic with her classmates. And her wearing the Hanyang jacket makes me want to buy one. Any idea if they are selling to nonstudents? Haha~ She seems to have a lot of fanboys in Hanyang doesnt she? XD the fanpics are often fanboys haha. Looking at her personality, it's likely that she'll date a non celeb :D

I found some translations of her interview in KSH Philippines page. Will post it here later

So happy to see new people~ have a nice day!

• Like 5
  • Confused 1