MAPLESTORY!!!

Guest CarolineKIM

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the point of the game? o.o

eveybody i know plays it...how do you play?

Run around and kill things :P

i still have an account there but i hardly play. i think the game's pretty cute though.

Could I have the account then? :lol:

Are work gloves really that special?

I mean, sure, you can make 2000 meso if you sell at a store, which seems to be a ridiculous price, but I pop them like there's no tomorrow from fighting huge bubblings and bats in the subway...

yep, when you scroll them up with several 10% and 60% glove ATK scrolls, they raise your power considerably. Especially if you're using a sin.

Clean. They're pretty common when you're killing thousands of huge bubbling.

ah see, that's the difference. a working glove is just a working glove. but an Attack working glove is worth millions. The reason why people scroll a finky dink working glove, is because it is the only glove that can be used by every job, and thus, easily sold or transferrable to another char. levelling is easier as you have the power to train on stronger enemies. value can vary depending on server, but it seems to be within 12-20 million.

Guest madeinktown

this game cost too much gold for stuff. and upgrades...seem nearly impossible. i worked my way to a level 15 bowman and while i was buyin my gear, i found out i was short on str by 13. i was so pissed! i can either use the gear i bought and can't use OR sell it and just wait til level 20 to buy new stuff. sheesh.

^Ahh, one of the greatest features of this game: mapping out your gameplay and identifying the goals.

If you are too lazy to read the in-game stuffs, go on www.hidden-street.net or any other sites for detailed info on the game.

There, you can figure out where to allocate your skill points and ability points (you know, you can't power up everything, so you have to focus on one or two fields).

It's all about organization.

I made 5 million effortlessly before I hit lv 40.

this game cost too much gold for stuff. and upgrades...seem nearly impossible. i worked my way to a level 15 bowman and while i was buyin my gear, i found out i was short on str by 13. i was so pissed! i can either use the gear i bought and can't use OR sell it and just wait til level 20 to buy new stuff. sheesh.

you should read some guides like the one mentioned in Tetras link, or those found on mapletip.com or sleepywood.net.

in general, mesos shouldn't be too hard to come by, it's all about how you play. Here's some strategies for lvl 1 - 30.

how to save money:

1. Pick up everything, even stuff you don't need.. you could always sell those off.

2. try not to buy ores. Once you complete John's quest, you can re-do it to get ores. Use them to make your weapon instead of buying them

3. Between 10-30, you're not obligated to purchase every new weapon and armor out there. the attributes are hardly noticeable at those lvls. you can afford to skip a set or two if you're really tight on money. my current thief, I used a lvl 10 claw and used maple island clothes (lvl 0) till lvl 20. One girl i PQ with (a hunter) had only a lvl 25 bow, and still used noob clothes. Both archers and claw thieves are ranged characters, they don't have a big need for armor like warriors who get up close and dirty.

how to make money:

1. pq pq pq. From lvl 21-30 you can do the PQ at kerning city. most classes aren't too good at 21 and usually start getting better at 25, if you're lucky, perhaps there will be a nice late 20 lvl mage willing to help you get coupons. It will initially seem expensive as you need funding to buy blue pots, but the rewards are worth it. you get alot of pots as prizes, bamboo hats, various 10% scrolls and various ores that include rarer ones like black crystal ores, diamond ores and gold. Sell them. Archers don't really need gold, and you can sell it off for 10k along with diamonds and black crystal ores. 10% scrolls can vary in price, but the 10% Overall DEX scroll can get you at least 80k.

2. Janes quest. A lvl 25 quest. she'll give you a random 60% scroll. If you're lucky she'll give you a 60% staff mag atk, or 60% claw atk.. you can sell these for over half a mill. at worst you'll get a 60% one hand BW attack or axe attack.. you can still sell those, perhaps around 75k.

3. Pia and the blue mushroom. this quest will give you a 60% armor scroll, probably harder to sell than the random ATK scroll Janes give, but you should get at least 40k from whatever she gives.

if you follow this, you should be able to bring in at least 1 million by the time you're lvl 30.

as for attributes..

every class uses primarily 2 attributes (except for Strength dagger thieves/bandits)

Archers: Dex and STR.. when rolling to create your char, LUK and INT should be at 4 and 4 because you'll never need them. Most of your damage you do will be based on your level of DEX and the ATK of your weapon. STR is only needed to equip stuff, so put in points into STR to match the weapon/armor you intend to wear. STR contributes very little in terms of damage unless you are using a blunt weapon.

Guest madeinktown

you should read some guides like the one mentioned in Tetras link, or those found on mapletip.com or sleepywood.net.

in general, mesos shouldn't be too hard to come by, it's all about how you play. Here's some strategies for lvl 1 - 30.

how to save money:

1. Pick up everything, even stuff you don't need.. you could always sell those off.

2. try not to buy ores. Once you complete John's quest, you can re-do it to get ores. Use them to make your weapon instead of buying them

3. Between 10-30, you're not obligated to purchase every new weapon and armor out there. the attributes are hardly noticeable at those lvls. you can afford to skip a set or two if you're really tight on money. my current thief, I used a lvl 10 claw and used maple island clothes (lvl 0) till lvl 20. One girl i PQ with (a hunter) had only a lvl 25 bow, and still used noob clothes. Both archers and claw thieves are ranged characters, they don't have a big need for armor like warriors who get up close and dirty.

how to make money:

1. pq pq pq. From lvl 21-30 you can do the PQ at kerning city. most classes aren't too good at 21 and usually start getting better at 25, if you're lucky, perhaps there will be a nice late 20 lvl mage willing to help you get coupons. It will initially seem expensive as you need funding to buy blue pots, but the rewards are worth it. you get alot of pots as prizes, bamboo hats, various 10% scrolls and various ores that include rarer ones like black crystal ores, diamond ores and gold. Sell them. Archers don't really need gold, and you can sell it off for 10k along with diamonds and black crystal ores. 10% scrolls can vary in price, but the 10% Overall DEX scroll can get you at least 80k.

2. Janes quest. A lvl 25 quest. she'll give you a random 60% scroll. If you're lucky she'll give you a 60% staff mag atk, or 60% claw atk.. you can sell these for over half a mill. at worst you'll get a 60% one hand BW attack or axe attack.. you can still sell those, perhaps around 75k.

3. Pia and the blue mushroom. this quest will give you a 60% armor scroll, probably harder to sell than the random ATK scroll Janes give, but you should get at least 40k from whatever she gives.

if you follow this, you should be able to bring in at least 1 million by the time you're lvl 30.

as for attributes..

every class uses primarily 2 attributes (except for Strength dagger thieves/bandits)

Archers: Dex and STR.. when rolling to create your char, LUK and INT should be at 4 and 4 because you'll never need them. Most of your damage you do will be based on your level of DEX and the ATK of your weapon. STR is only needed to equip stuff, so put in points into STR to match the weapon/armor you intend to wear. STR contributes very little in terms of damage unless you are using a blunt weapon.

bleh, i messed up then. i should just restart again. i screwed up a level 15 warrior and now a level 15 bowman. i wish they would let us redo our stats for a fee.

bleh, i messed up then. i should just restart again. i screwed up a level 15 warrior and now a level 15 bowman. i wish they would let us redo our stats for a fee.

there will be AP and SP reset cards in cash shop..but since you're at lvl 15, it's easier to just restart over, you haven't gotten too far.

I love the shop permit, able to sell off stuff within a few hours that i couldn't do for days!

interestingly while i am AFK most of the time, the few times i came back to check i saw both

Siyao AND Hardcoreazn browsing, but you both left before I could say hi :fury:

Guest madeinktown

there will be AP and SP reset cards in cash shop..but since you're at lvl 15, it's easier to just restart over, you haven't gotten too far.

I love the shop permit, able to sell off stuff within a few hours that i couldn't do for days!

interestingly while i am AFK most of the time, the few times i came back to check i saw both

Siyao AND Hardcoreazn browsing, but you both left before I could say hi :fury:

i don't wanna spend money on maplestory. i always got mad when i was playin games and people who were willing to pay real money got the best or even better gear. i wish i had money to spend like them...

i don't wanna spend money on maplestory. i always got mad when i was playin games and people who were willing to pay real money got the best or even better gear. i wish i had money to spend like them...

maple story cash items don't really enhance your skills. most of them are simply cosmetic changes. the exceptions are slot upgrades (which dont enhance skills, but let you carry more items), pets (they pick up the items for you) and shop permits, which make selling/trading easier.. but none of them make you more powerful or increase your skills.

Cash shop is for decoration only. Plus, people sell NX cash for millions -_-

And they only last 3 months dammit >___<

The slot upgrades are an interesting feature, but I guess I can make do with the current 24 I have.

I need info on the calling price for scrolls -_-

Guest madeinktown

well, maplestory isn't that bad then. but other games like gunbound and stuff. omg, rich kids can get stronger just by payin for it. so lame.

okay, so i started a new character. thief, level 11. god, this is the third character i've made. better not screw this one up.

so i took your advice and i haven't spend money on gear yet, just the claw. while it does save me money, my def is killing me. so what should i do?

well, maplestory isn't that bad then. but other games like gunbound and stuff. omg, rich kids can get stronger just by payin for it. so lame.

okay, so i started a new character. thief, level 11. god, this is the third character i've made. better not screw this one up.

so i took your advice and i haven't spend money on gear yet, just the claw. while it does save me money, my def is killing me. so what should i do?

thieves have poor def to begin with, and they are one of the most expensive classes to play (primarily due to them being common, and thus, the economy working against them due to higher demand).

however if you're playing a claw thief, you should be jumping around and throwing stars and keeping your distance. a claw thief will save significant amounts of HP pots unlike their dagger counter parts. just remember that not every job is suited for one area of monsters. in areas with high spawn and lots of mobs, a claw thief will have a hard time controlling them, especially if you dont one hit kill them. you'll end up taking alot of damage. for level 11, find areas with alot of orange mush, like the tree in henesys town right before the iron pig statue. there's usually a ton hanging around, and once you kill them, channel hop and find another group of orange mush.

in the end, claw thieves/sins/hermits are (imho) the most unfair class Wizet has designed. Scrolling for ATK gives them the most benefit. They have both range and speed (both throwing speed and movement speed), and unlike archers they can easily jump shoot. their criticals have a higher percentage of activating (higher than that of archers), have drain to suck HP (although its been weakened, still an money saver).. and at third job.. flash jump to travel faster, meso up! a popular party skill that gives you more money from enemies, a mob attack ability in Avenger, and shadow partner which, while using a summon stone, allows a hermit to throw 4 stars consuming much less MP than other jobs using their new main moves. their primary flaws is that they're so common, and thus expensive, and requires expensive stars (unless you're the type thats comfortable making more trips to refill them).. but the pros heavily out weigh the cons.

dagger thieves/bandits are harder.. my highest lvl char is a banditsin and while it is probably the funnest class i've played, is really demanding on pots. it has to fight up close and the daggers reach is small, thus making you more likely to get hit by enemies and requiring more HP pots, and its moves consume alot of MP, such as Savage blow. it gets worse when they become chief bandits, some moves like meso explosion and armor require using money, while Thieves costs ALOT of mp. they don't have many meso saving or meso making abilities like their counterparts other than pick pocket. if I were to do a melee class again, i'd rather just stick to a warrior. this is just my opinion.

Archived